The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

sorcs

• Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    Qbiken wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some changes for the sorc class tbh.....getting tired of seeing magsorcs spamming destructive clench like there´s no tomorrow.... :pensive:

That's not even a sorc skill.

Never claimed it to be a sorc skill, but from what I can tell a magsorcs that want to be somewhat competitive in PvP doesn´t have a lot of options in terms of gear/setups (where master destrostaff is often present, thereby the "clenchspam").
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sky_WK wrote: »
    It would be nice to see some changes for the sorc class tbh.....getting tired of seeing magsorcs spamming destructive clench like there´s no tomorrow.... :pensive:

That's not even a sorc skill.

Never claimed it to be a sorc skill, but from what I can tell a magsorcs that want to be somewhat competitive in PvP doesn´t have a lot of options in terms of gear/setups (where master destrostaff is often present, thereby the "clenchspam").

You only have 2 options of you want a CC - Rune Cage and Clench. While Rune Cage is strong because it goes through block and has that wonky animation, it also costs a ton. With a master inferno clench is way cheaper and even adds a DoT into the mix. It’s a nice skill if you have a master inferno.

That said it shows how limited the toolkit really is. Almost every Sorc plays the same setup these days, variety being if you run Lich or Riposte back bar. DW Sorcs are very rare. It’s just sad.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • pieratsos
    pieratsos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ak_pvp wrote: »
    pieratsos wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »
    Maulkin wrote: »

You can have noodle and wings (You'll have to glue them back together first, too much snip snip.) if we can have fire fury and fire streak. Also would trade sustain too.

Also funny how through the 25% free damage DK (if wanting to be actually OW viable) has less damage than most other classes. Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently.

Bolded statement is not true though mate. Less burst, perhaps. Less damage definitely not. BG'ing with classes and checking the damage at the end.

Depending on type and duration of game I usually get:
    Stamblade: 500k-800k
    MagSorc/MagBlade: 600k-1m
    DK/MagDen: 900k-1.5m

It's literally 50% more than I average on the other classes mag classes bar MagDen. And I haven't really tested MagDen this patch since the nerfs to Birds. He might have fallen off a bit. Kills usually higher with Sorc/NB though.

Stamblade always seems low, even to me. But then so many people can't survive the opening burst that on an opponent of 23k HP you rarely have to do to more than 25k damage to kill them. And if they survive that burst, you're better off switching to a squishier target or resetting.

Letting dots tick vs actual killing damage. On my DK i will dot up as many players generally, I mean why not. Talons+engulfing helps group, and embers is healing. Then add the dot+return from spiked armour and you will get hyperinflated numbers. The damage, even pressure in a 1v1 that comes from a dotblade or a dotsorc outdoes DK, even with the 25% because relying on being a tank is a massive damage loss.

DK actually, despite passives, has a very high potential damage, both dots and burst, output. Even against a ST. But are often forced into two sustain sets and s/b+heavy if wanting to be viable OW, which reduces damage. Niche destro/resto builds exist, but "DK is a tank class" kappa.

Hence " Thanks reliance on constantly nerfed block/tankiness and no other usable forms of defense that scale decently."

Dots are a great type of pressure and DKs also have burst in their ultie. If Sorcs in particular did not kill steal in BGs with their execute, I reckon DKs would be as high as anyone. I disagree that dot damage is not killing damage.

Also bleedblades and bleedsorcs are duel builds mostly. You're no comparing OW build damage with duel build damage. You wouldn't build for tanking in a duel on a DK either and neither would you go vamp. You can go 2H/Resto and rely on shields for dealing with the bleeds/dots. Shields are better 1v1 than blocking.

I don't disagree that nerfed tankiness and lack of mobility is gimping DK in more open content compared to other classes. But really it's not the damage that is lacking from the class. I never felt damage was a problem in my DK at least.

Idk, I ran a dot build on my stamsorc OW, since its dots had better killing power. Implosion, constant unpurgable hurricane, poison injection. If anything got too hairy I just ran like heck.

I also don't disagree that DK damage is fine for how its played, but in comparison to other openworld builds of a similar type, take a heavy armour warden, heavy NB, heavy stamplar, a DK has quite a bit less killing power, even with the 25% extra damage. Sets like 7th (rip) fury and ravager.

Tbh I don't even think MDK is that bad this patch. (because everything else has been nerfed) Sure, utterly awful in OW. But buffed in most duels, as if they werent strong enough, and good in BGs. Its just when I see those people saying DK can delete groups of vamps with a single (fiery) breath. I can barely cast one without being mag drained.

You are comparing a mDK with heavy armor stam builds. Thats like comparing apples with oranges. Those are not similar type builds. Stam builds can do generally better in OW. This is completely irrelevant with the classes. If you want to compare mDK then compare it with other magicka classes. Most magicka builds use sustain/tanky sets and sacrifice dmg in OW just like mDKs. Only magblades and wardens can probably get away with dmg sets. The most popular sets for sorcs are shackle, amber, lich, riposte. Non of them is a dmg set.

I was just going based of tanky playstyled classes. The only similar class of a MagDk is probably a magplar, which are probably worse off than DK cause no lockdown.

Sorcs also having to run 2x sustain or utility sets is pretty dampening, but at least they get to invest into mag for their defense. But yeah the sustain changes hit them real bad. (I ran necro divines, mag stone, and old OP desert rose, died within one patch.)

I understand that you are comparing them because of that tanky in ur face playstyle but you cant compare them in terms of sustain and dmg cause those are stam builds. Stam builds generally can do better, sustain easier with heavy attacks and run with dmg setups but thats irrelevant with classes. Even stam DK that sits on the bottom of the stam classes can run with dmg setups and sustain just by heavy attacking. Probably even easier now with tactician and off balance.

How is running shackle/amber investing into ur magicka? When you run those sets you invest into stamina and they do that cause they actually need the stamina. Yes their defence scales off their magicka but its not like sorcs run around with 60k magicka and ignore everything else. Thats the point of running utility/sustain sets. Because you need a lot more than just "stack into max magicka and call it a day". Without those they would have to run tri stat food like any other mag class. And its not like you need anything more than that on a DK. Tristat food and tripots are enough to sustain ur stamina now that block doesnt cost as much.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yesterday I spent the whole evening playing my stamblade on the build that came to my mind while siting on the forums. Difference is astonishing! OMG why I was so stubborn to stick with magsorc... Roll dodge beats shields by a mile when it comes to defense, combined with cloak does wonders! 30% HP? No problem: rally ticking, one vigor cast, one cloak and thanks to guaranteed crits im back at full hp after 3s! When it starts to get messy, shadow image, roll behind rock, wait for them, boom teleport, cloak and GG. Even taking over fracking resources is like walk in park. On mag sorc I had to kill guards from the towers because of clumsy stuns, unbreakable refelects of projectiles and constant negates. On stamblade I have just rally ticking and can kill everything with just surprise attack/reverse slice spam and my hp barely drops below 90%. OMG!

And these stats <3 I have 24k HP, 12k magicka, over 35k stamina (and this is without Undaunted Mettle, I am starting to lvl up Undaunted right now! :D ) when buffed (no potions) 3,3k weapon damage (with glyph proced it hits almost 4k) 2,4 stamina regen, 25k ressistances wearing 6 medium and one heavy that means I can use shuffle, can roll dodge like crazy and I run faster than sorc bolts away :D LOL :D Hyped :D

TLDR; Magsroc is clumsy, easy to predict and in 1vX so fragile that in comparision to stamblade, magsorc is simply weak, I am literaly shocked. I sticked to magsorc for a very long time because it was my first toon here, but there is literally no reason for me to that. Sorry brothers sorcs, I joined the dark side...
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mayrael wrote: »
    Yesterday I spent the whole evening playing my stamblade on the build that came to my mind while siting on the forums. Difference is astonishing! OMG why I was so stubborn to stick with magsorc... Roll dodge beats shields by a mile when it comes to defense, combined with cloak does wonders! 30% HP? No problem: rally ticking, one vigor cast, one cloak and thanks to guaranteed crits im back at full hp after 3s! When it starts to get messy, shadow image, roll behind rock, wait for them, boom teleport, cloak and GG. Even taking over fracking resources is like walk in park. On mag sorc I had to kill guards from the towers because of clumsy stuns, unbreakable refelects of projectiles and constant negates. On stamblade I have just rally ticking and can kill everything with just surprise attack/reverse slice spam and my hp barely drops below 90%. OMG!

And these stats <3 I have 24k HP, 12k magicka, over 35k stamina (and this is without Undaunted Mettle, I am starting to lvl up Undaunted right now! :D ) when buffed (no potions) 3,3k weapon damage (with glyph proced it hits almost 4k) 2,4 stamina regen, 25k ressistances wearing 6 medium and one heavy that means I can use shuffle, can roll dodge like crazy and I run faster than sorc bolts away :D LOL :D Hyped :D

TLDR; Magsroc is clumsy, easy to predict and in 1vX so fragile that in comparision to stamblade, magsorc is simply weak, I am literaly shocked. I sticked to magsorc for a very long time because it was my first toon here, but there is literally no reason for me to that. Sorry brothers sorcs, I joined the dark side...

I really feel like stam classes are the way to go these days. With all the snares and shuffle locked to medium armor,immovable pots nerfed, the off pool isn’t just for utility but necessary to survive. Sorcs and NBs can use streak and shadow image to somewhat deal but slow ass Templars and DKs don’t have mobility to compensate. Can at least cleanse on a Templar but snares come free with damage abilities.

The only native defense without a skill bar slot are stamina with block and roll dodge. Magicka requires shields with few other actives that eat skill slots and defense sets to go along with having to worry about that off pool. Now; Shields being able to be built up with magicka along with offense with it is nice but so many eggs in one basket that I don’t find fun to have to stack and people still complain about.

Speaking of active defenses; there are a number of abilities that eat projectiles and take magicka ones and actually pay for themselves. Favors melee more and there are still no magicka melee weapons; only class abilities sorcs don’t have. Templars and DKs have but Templars is a little broken right now and neither have much mobility to escape when put at risk pretty much forced to block for defense and mist form to escape. Magblade has the most tools for any of this.

Then you get to Cyrodil when fighting at a tower or keep. Not sure why more people don’t push attackers while the NPCs are up spamming negates nullifying all magicka defense.

And TBH; outside of Templars; I think I like the stamina heals better. Maybe it’s just a preference thing.

• Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

I really feel like stam classes are the way to go these days. With all the snares and shuffle locked to medium armor,immovable pots nerfed, the off pool isn’t just for utility but necessary to survive. Sorcs and NBs can use streak and shadow image to somewhat deal but slow ass Templars and DKs don’t have mobility to compensate. Can at least cleanse on a Templar but snares come free with damage abilities.

The only native defense without a skill bar slot are stamina with block and roll dodge. Magicka requires shields with few other actives that eat skill slots and defense sets to go along with having to worry about that off pool. Now; Shields being able to be built up with magicka along with offense with it is nice but so many eggs in one basket that I don’t find fun to have to stack and people still complain about.

Speaking of active defenses; there are a number of abilities that eat projectiles and take magicka ones and actually pay for themselves. Favors melee more and there are still no magicka melee weapons; only class abilities sorcs don’t have. Templars and DKs have but Templars is a little broken right now and neither have much mobility to escape when put at risk pretty much forced to block for defense and mist form to escape. Magblade has the most tools for any of this.

Then you get to Cyrodil when fighting at a tower or keep. Not sure why more people don’t push attackers while the NPCs are up spamming negates nullifying all magicka defense.

And TBH; outside of Templars; I think I like the stamina heals better. Maybe it’s just a preference thing.

Yeah I feel the same. There needs to be reason why ~70% of Cyrodiil runs in stamina builds now. I have played magplar for a long time, but after nerfs to blazing spear and then taking away major mending, increasing cost on ritual and adding more and more defile options was enough for me.

MagDK in my hands was a total disaster in PvP I simply don't feel that class at all.

Magblade is decent, it can hit hard and can cloak without end but... cloak without roll dodge is much worse. I found that stamblade has far more survivablity than magblade, yeah it sounds weird but with 25k ressistances and being able to roll almost all day long stamblade can survive a lot and is less susceptible to CCs - magblade have shields yes, but still can be rooted, snared and stuned through them while against roll dodge you have just unblockable stuns, and thats just roll dodge! When we take into consideration skills like forward momentum or shuffle, cheap gapclosers, reflect and absorb shields, passives reducing damage of projectiles etc. etc. we can get to the point where we see that ONLY ranged builds except of zergsurfing are not only pointless but are much weaker. This is the point where we get to magsorc which is THE ONLY CLASS 100% ranged in PvP and has no other options. Its one of the magsorcs weaknesses. Except of curse every single tool that sorc has in its arsenal can be dodged, absorbed or reflected (crushing shock is exception from reflection).

Yes there are ways to bypass this a bit like casting rune prison to land frags and meteor (but if shield or reflect is casted before it wont give you anything) or rooting your opponent to force him to eat infernal guardian proc or waste stamina to roll out of it but thats just half measures.
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

Yeah I feel the same. There needs to be reason why ~70% of Cyrodiil runs in stamina builds now.

It's because stamina is easier to play and stronger. You are allowed far more mistakes and you can literally get carried by sets like troll king. You also have a much better access to roll dodge, which is the strongest defensive in game hands down.

I wish they would remove the stacking cost on streak, or at least on ball of lightning... if we are not as tanky at least give us better mobility than stam classes smh.
  • Kova
    Kova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I searched "switch to stamina" and this came up.

Nearly all my old rivals in pvp dropped their magicka builds long ago. I finally switched to stamplar and stamblade last week. Like others here, I just could not believe how much easier it was. I didn't time ANYTHING. Just spammed my skills and heavy attacked at times. My ultimate was up in within seconds of using it, I didn't have to wait for a well timed burst, guards could no longer silence me or stun me, and I found my friends and completely wrecked them.

The most amazing thing to me was that I didn't have to choose between defense and offense. I found myself on my front bar most of the time and it never bit me in butt. This floored me as a concept. I had worked so long to perfect bar swap animation cancels for shields and heals and....OH MY GOD THE HEALS. Wait for my healing ward, that hopefully went on me and not some random, to finally pop and heal me? No sir! More like hit a button and had my health back.

Now I understand. Now I get it. Most of the population in pvp is stamina and I'm not fighting it anymore. This game is fun again.
    EP Sorc: Aydinn
    AD Stamplar: Verdant`Knight
    DC Stamblade: Apple`Punch
    EP Stam Sorc: Kós
    AD DragonKnight: Transmigrant
    EP NIghtblade: Aydinn
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Subversus wrote: »
    Feanor wrote: »
    Ragnarock41

Maybe your assessment that Sorc has the BEST PASSIVES IN THE WHOLE GAME was a bit off then. I just called you out in that stating we have 5 good ones out of 12. Now all of a sudden DK is your benchmark. If I weren’t sure it’s a waste I’d list the DK passives in comparison too. Look, I get you’re salty that ZOS trashed stamDK. I never said Sorcs are bottom tier overall. Your statement was just ridiculous though.

I wish I could stack green dragon blood, major mending, argonian and lingering pots on my sorc...

First, 3 seconds of major mending without a burst heal is USELESS,and costs 4k magicka to have access to it. second: lingering pots are useable by ALL CLASSES,argonian again can be played by ALL CLASSES, and dragon blood is minor vitality, I'll give you that, yeah we got minor vitality. horaay, %8 extra healing. But guess what? 2 ticks of vigor outheals green dragon blood.

And the %12 healing passive? Already provided by spikes.

There is a well reason why good stamDks use FoO/absorb magic over GDB, because it only there so people like you can use it as an argument ;) Simple truth is that having %10 more chance to crit a vigor tick beats %8 extra passive healing. and FoO also does a little bit of damage, so Its not a complete waste of your magicka like GDB.

Oh but I'm sure you guys are %100 fine with argonian magblades stacking 7-8 HOTS on top of each other, have shieldstacking+cloak and still have crazy burst.

tank class can stack heals, OP!

If I weren't playing the game I would think argonian and lingering pots are DK exclusives lol.Literally everyone and their mums run this combo for tankyness.
    Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 16, 2018 9:36PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kova wrote: »
    I searched "switch to stamina" and this came up.

Nearly all my old rivals in pvp dropped their magicka builds long ago. I finally switched to stamplar and stamblade last week. Like others here, I just could not believe how much easier it was. I didn't time ANYTHING. Just spammed my skills and heavy attacked at times. My ultimate was up in within seconds of using it, I didn't have to wait for a well timed burst, guards could no longer silence me or stun me, and I found my friends and completely wrecked them.

The most amazing thing to me was that I didn't have to choose between defense and offense. I found myself on my front bar most of the time and it never bit me in butt. This floored me as a concept. I had worked so long to perfect bar swap animation cancels for shields and heals and....OH MY GOD THE HEALS. Wait for my healing ward, that hopefully went on me and not some random, to finally pop and heal me? No sir! More like hit a button and had my health back.

Now I understand. Now I get it. Most of the population in pvp is stamina and I'm not fighting it anymore. This game is fun again.

Yeah magicka is better in ball groups or DKs maybe.
  • Subversus
    Subversus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

Maybe your assessment that Sorc has the BEST PASSIVES IN THE WHOLE GAME was a bit off then. I just called you out in that stating we have 5 good ones out of 12. Now all of a sudden DK is your benchmark. If I weren’t sure it’s a waste I’d list the DK passives in comparison too. Look, I get you’re salty that ZOS trashed stamDK. I never said Sorcs are bottom tier overall. Your statement was just ridiculous though.

I wish I could stack green dragon blood, major mending, argonian and lingering pots on my sorc...

First, 3 seconds of major mending without a burst heal is USELESS,and costs 4k magicka to have access to it. second: lingering pots are useable by ALL CLASSES,argonian again can be played by ALL CLASSES, and dragon blood is minor vitality, I'll give you that, yeah we got minor vitality. horaay, %8 extra healing. But guess what? 2 ticks of vigor outheals green dragon blood.

There is a well reason why good stamDks use FoO/absorb magic over GDB, because it only there so people like you can use it as an argument ;) Simple truth is that having %10 more chance to crit a vigor tick beats %8 extra passive healing. and FoO also does a little bit of damage, so Its not a complete waste of your magicka like GDB.

Oh but I'm sure you guys are %100 fine with argonian magblades stacking 7-8 HOTS on top of each other, have shieldstacking+cloak and still have crazy burst.

If I weren't playing the game I would think argonian and lingering pots are DK exclusives lol.Literally everyone and their mums run this combo for tankyness.

Mate you talk like you're some mlg stamdk and that you're the absolute master of the class, yet I've never even heard of you even though we play on the same platform. I REALLY want to see you play, would love to get a first hand glimpse at the stamdk god.

How can you even say that 10% crit chance beats 8% extra overall healing, that's literally absurd. It's like saying 10% extra crit chance beats minor berserk LUL.

Anyways, what I am talking about is a specific stamdk BUILD that is overpowered, not that the class itself is overpowered. Stop getting your panties in a bunch already. Stamdks are finally weak after dominating the game since 1.5 and it's suddenly the end of the world.

Also, be sure to list all the 8 hots magblade have (while also having access to a shieldstack aka harness and cloak) :) I'm waiting.
    Edited by Subversus on March 16, 2018 10:27PM
  • Ragnarock41
    Ragnarock41
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

Mate you talk like you're some mlg stamdk and that you're the absolute master of the class, yet I've never even heard of you even though we play on the same platform. I REALLY want to see you play, would love to get a first hand glimpse at the stamdk god.

How can you even say that 10% crit chance beats 8% extra overall healing, that's literally absurd. It's like saying 10% extra crit chance beats minor berserk LUL.

Anyways, what I am talking about is a specific stamdk BUILD that is overpowered, not that the class itself is overpowered. Stop getting your panties in a bunch already. Stamdks are finally weak after dominating the game since 1.5 and it's suddenly the end of the world.

Also, be sure to list all the 8 hots magblade have (while also having access to a shieldstack aka harness and cloak) :) I'm waiting.

never said anywhere that I'm the best or anything like that.

And yes, FoO beats having GDB every, single, time.

It does damage, gives you %10 crit, it snares, it also helps your heals and costs almost nothing to cast it.

and about this whole thing I gave you my IGN before , you could have easily contacted me. and you still can.

Everytime you get cornered in an argument you put out the ''You're not famous'' card and meanwhile I've never heard of your name too. Just want you to know that I've never, not even a single time, heard of your name either, and I do have over 2k hours in this game. So deal with it.

Edited by Ragnarock41 on March 16, 2018 11:24PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ragnarock41

Also, be sure to list all the 8 hots magblade have (while also having access to a shieldstack aka harness and

Edited by Ariades_swe on March 18, 2018 2:04PM
  • Ariades_swe
    Ariades_swe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff nbs
    Edited by Ariades_swe on March 18, 2018 2:03PM