The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

sorcs

• Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And you're sure you wouldn't have died too when some other execute hit you instead of fury? You know, there are other long distance executes in the game as well.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    And you're sure you wouldn't have died too when some other execute hit you instead of fury? You know, there are other long distance executes in the game as well.

There are. But none of the other executes have a four second time fuse on them. Some will say well, how is that balanced?

Well, that’s because it’s the ONLY DEBUFF Sorcs get from our class tree. We don’t get defile or any of the cool ones, unless we wear a set or use a weapon line.
    Edited by Minalan on February 12, 2018 3:47PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »
    There are. But none of the other executes have a four second time fuse on them. Some will say well, how is that balanced?

Well, that’s because it’s the ONLY DEBUFF Sorcs get from our class tree. We don’t get defile or any of the cool ones, unless we wear a set or use a weapon line.

You have the most powerful debuff from your class tree - a silence.

And if ultimates don't count: Well my mDK does not have a defile either, where's my execute?
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »

And if ultimates don't count: Well my mDK does not have a defile either, where's my execute?

@Minalan wasn't saying that sorcs dont have a "Defile" they were saying sorcs dont have a debuff ... we as mDK's have talons which give minor maim as well as standard which gives defile
    Edited by W0lf_z13 on February 12, 2018 3:54PM
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

what about minor vulnerability? That's a strong one.

But I agree, Sorc is ok, even a little underpowered from what it should be (Imho, sorcs should be the class used to balance things, instead of Wrobel)
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Orange_fire_dragon
    Orange_fire_dragon
    ✭✭✭

Death report doesn't lie, last hit endless fury.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

I mean this: @Sharee

eso_1.png

Yes it’s missing major exp on Sorc.

As you can see from the list, your DK gets major defile, major fracture, and minor maim.

Sorc gets mage’s fury, and silence on an ultimate. But we have no access to any other debuffs in our skill tree.

PS: Sorc OP. Look at that huge ridiculous list of class buffs. Nerf now pls!
    Edited by Minalan on February 12, 2018 5:20PM
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

As you can see from the list, your DK gets major defile, major fracture, and minor maim.

Sorc gets mage’s fury, and silence on an ultimate. But we have no access to any other debuffs in our skill tree.

Ty!!!

My God maybe people will get a clue !
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • NyassaV
    NyassaV
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Give frags it's damage back, Nerf execute and shield size
    Flawless Conqueror ~ Grand Overlord
    She/Her ~ PC/NA | I record things for fun and for info
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hollery wrote: »
    Give frags it's damage back, Nerf execute and shield size

Or how about just buff frags? Take a good look at the list of our class buffs and debuffs.
  • Chilly-McFreeze
    Chilly-McFreeze
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Piraja27 wrote: »

Death report doesn't lie, last hit endless fury.

That'snot what I asked. I want to know if you are sure you would not die if someone hits you with another execute instead of fury.

But we already know the answer. Of course you would. If you fall below 20% health almost every burst (and therefore every execute as well) would kill you. Be it Impale, Reverse Slice, Radiant Destruction or whatever.

And of course Wrath/Fury will pop up on your death recap. After all it's an execute. Wrath is good for kill stealing. That's it. Other executes are good at killing too, it's just the "stealing" part that you notice.
  • Fasold666
    Fasold666
    ✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Thanks for posting this. Nice overview. Tbh, this should be the first thing to post now when "nerf sorc" threads pop up lol
    Edited by Fasold666 on February 12, 2018 7:29PM
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Why does your pretty list say DK got major defile (meaning you count ultimates) but not sorc silence (meaning you don't count ultimates). Double standards much?
    Also, my mDK sure sees a lot of use for that major fracture. Tell you what. You can have ALL my debuffs in exchange for silence and an execute. Sounds like a good deal?
    Edited by Sharee on February 12, 2018 7:41PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Why does your pretty list say DK got major defile (meaning you count ultimates) but not sorc silence (meaning you don't count ultimates). Double standards much?
    Also, my mDK sure sees a lot of use for that major fracture. Tell you what. You can have ALL my debuffs in exchange for silence and an execute. Sounds like a good deal?

Yeah, i don't think so either. Poor sorcs. No debuffs. Cry me a river.

Probably because negate is not considered a buff by ZOS. This is their standard minor and major buffs.

But you can have it just by slotting earth gore. The execute is nice though. I won't lie. My Magblade outclasses my sorc on most things but that is just cooler than impale. Great for racking up killing blows with that 4 second window.
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    technohic wrote: »

eso_1.png

Probably because negate is not considered a buff by ZOS. This is their standard minor and major buffs.

Yea that's what i'm getting at. Sorcs only don't have debuffs if the definition of what a "debuff" is suits the claim. I mean, silence may not have a minor or major variants, but it sure is one a hell of a debuff.

• W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as @technohic said... "silence" is NOT a buff/debuff ...
    Breton Nightblade ~ Fang of the Wolf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Dragonknight ~ Ðårk Ŵølf ~ (50)   |   Altmer Necro ~ Ðeåth Ŵølf ~ (50)

☣☣☣   |     Alliance ~Daggerfall Covenant~     |     Server ~NA PC~     |     CP's ~2156~     |     ☣☣☣
  • Tonturri
    Tonturri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arguing semantics is pointless and meshes together all of sorcs issues into a mass of bleh that is more unrecognizable than usual.

You could say negate is an aoe hard + soft cc. But who cares, that contributes nothing. Maybe it's everything. Whoopdedoo.

The point is that people want to nerf sorcs as if sorcs have access to many of the same things other classes do that round them out/provide other options, but don't realize that those things don't exist...or are nerfed into oblivion already.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Yea that's what i'm getting at. Sorcs only don't have debuffs if the definition of what a "debuff" is suits the claim. I mean, silence may not have a minor or major variants, but it sure is one a hell of a debuff.

When I can put a ‘silence’ debuff on you that you can’t just roll dodge out of the small AOE bubble in one second, then we call it a debuff. Right now it’s a small area of effect bubble. Don’t walk into it!

I’m not arguing that woe is Sorc we are so underpowered it’s ridiculous. I’m asking for small, targeted class buffs to improve our quality of gameplay and competitiveness in PVP.

We aren’t the worst off by far in PVP, but we’re not in the top three or four. So I advocate for improvements.
    Edited by Minalan on February 12, 2018 8:09PM
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

It's not really sorcs doing that to fit the claim. Someone simply parsed out all the buff/debuffs defined by ZOS into their source classes.
  • Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonturri wrote: »
    Arguing semantics is pointless and meshes together all of sorcs issues into a mass of bleh that is more unrecognizable than usual.

You could say negate is an aoe hard + soft cc. But who cares, that contributes nothing. Maybe it's everything. Whoopdedoo.

The point is that people want to nerf sorcs as if sorcs have access to many of the same things other classes do that round them out/provide other options, but don't realize that those things don't exist...or are nerfed into oblivion already.

Just throw it on the list, hell you could throw 5 more things on that list and Sorc still comes up short
    Edited by Waffennacht on February 12, 2018 8:07PM
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

When I can put a ‘silence’ debuff on you that you can’t just roll dodge out of the small AOE bubble in one second, then we call it a debuff. Right now it’s a small area of effect bubble. Don’t walk into it!

*points in the general direction of a dragonknight's standard.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

They don’t call ‘spammable root’ a debuff either, but that hasn’t stopped a single MagDK from keeping ridiculous uptime on that. They also don’t call an undodgable yanking someone back to them with chains a debuff either.

Let’s keep this in perspective shall we?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

They don’t call ‘spammable root’ a debuff either, but that hasn’t stopped a single MagDK from keeping ridiculous uptime on that. They also don’t call an undodgable yanking someone back to them with chains a debuff either.

Everything that makes your character perform worse is by definition a debuff. That includes snares, silence, etc. etc.
    There is a category of debuffs that has a major and minor variant, but that does not mean *only* things belonging to that category count as debuffs.
    Edited by Sharee on February 12, 2018 8:26PM
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    - smmfh -

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Being caught using double standards twice? No problem. Just change topic.

Why. Are you so mad at Sorcs?

Fact is you have more major/minor buffs and debuffs at your disposal. And you have utility skills that we don’t.

That also wasn’t my picture, and I clearly mentioned our execute as a targeted debuff, because of the four second timer on it.

What. Do you want? Or is this some thing where you like to argue pointless minutia?
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

Fact is you have more major/minor buffs and debuffs at your disposal. And you have utility skills that we don’t.

That also wasn’t my picture, and I clearly mentioned our execute as a targeted debuff, because of the four second timer on it.

What. Do you want? Or is this some thing where you like to argue pointless minutia?

"We deserve an execute that basically removes 20% of enemy health (since at 20% he just dies) because we dont have any debuffs in our class tree". That statement was incorrect. You have silence in your class tree, and silence is a debuff. Thus, my reply. What i want is you recognizing that fact, instead of writhing with lame excuses like "you can just roll out of it, so it does not count as a debuff!"(after listing an effin standard for debuff)
  • W0lf_z13
    W0lf_z13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as a Magicka DK main player ... it easy enough to roll/step out of negate ... on occasion yeah i'll die inside a negate... but oh well .... yeah it sucks we dont have an exicute ... i just end up using my leap as an execute ( been hitting some people for 16.5k crit leaps in cyro )

• Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

eso_1.png

"We deserve an execute that basically removes 20% of enemy health (since at 20% he just dies) because we dont have any debuffs in our class tree". That statement was incorrect. You have silence in your class tree, and silence is a debuff. Thus, my reply. What i want is you recognizing that fact, instead of writhing with lame excuses like "you can just roll out of it, so it does not count as a debuff!"(after listing an effin standard for debuff)

Negate is not one of the standard buff/debuff classes from ZOS. It’s a unique ability. Like fossilize, talons, scales, and leap.

Our execute is technically a debuff, but it’s still not in any of the major/minor classes. It’s an ability.

I’m sorry you don’t get an execute, and I’m not saying you shouldn’t have one. But that’s not a reason to keep vomiting all over in a nerf Sorc thread. You aren’t here asking to remove nightblade or Templar executes. Just ours. So GFY...
  • Lord-Otto
    Lord-Otto
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @Sharee

If you count non-major/minor effects, then throw silence onto this list, but also the damage bonus from standard. Also the empower from chains. And the reflect from wings and the healthgating from armor.

You can have an execute if you give us your Flame Lash spammable - in lightning, of course. Oh, and give us a passive that says "free 25% damage on everything against vampires".

Stop pretending your class is weak, it's unkillable in groups and has been OP in duels forever. Don't need any PvP buffs and even PvE is not needed, as you make the best tanks.
  • Mayrael
    Mayrael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    See, the denial will come. This guy think cause I mentioned fury spam that I don't know how to play. Sadly, it's just something I did as an experiment that yielded more points than actually playing. Now that is the definition of broken...

If you think sorc is easy and a win button take it to Cyrodiil and don't surf the zerg.

You could say that about any class. You're basically saying "if you think that's easy, make it harder for yourself."

LOL

And I did BTW. It was actually impossible to die thanks to Streak.

Bring your Sorc to the next open Legend dueling tourney. Try fighting some people that know how to play. Edit: here’s the Legend thread. Please look at past winners and find me a mag Sorc in the top three since the last patch. Only ONE made top five in the last year or so.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/381945/legend-tournament-series-4-tourneys-this-week-faso-streaming#latest

Try fighting people that know how to gap close, streak has a multiplicative cost increase. Gap closers don’t.
    Try fighting people that dodge and cloak your burst
    Try fighting people that purge your curse constantly.
    Try fighting people that can outheal and block most of your damage.

Frankly most classes played correctly, especially stamina specs, will take you apart.

Look. I’m sorry Templar is in such a sorry state, but the answer isn’t to nerf a class you think is easy/better, that’s potato-thinking. Templar needs some serious love since they got cut to pieces last year by ZOS.

Rekt
    Say no to Toxic Casuals!
    I am doing my best, but I am not a native speaker, sorry.

"Difficulty scaling is desperately needed. 9 years. 6 paid expansions. 24 DLCs. 40 game changing updates including A Realm Reborn-tier overhaul of the game including a permanent CP160 gear cap and ridiculous power creep thereafter. I'm sick and tired of hearing about Cadwell Silver&Gold as a "you think you do but you don't"-tier deflection to any criticism regarding the lack of overland difficulty in the game." - @AlexanderDeLarge