The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [IN PROGRESS] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• treatz
    treatz
    Soul Shriven

Kartalin wrote: »
    Don’t be part of the problem, be part of the solution.

When your faction is starting to outnumber and overpower opponents, it’s time to seek fights elsewhere. This doesn’t mean log off or switch factions, though these are options, it means maybe focus on defense for awhile, try to let the other factions get a foothold and stay in the game. Or just play on a different campaign for a while or go do BGs. Heck just take a break and go for a walk or something if you’ve been at it for a while.

The point of pvp is to fight other players, test your abilities as a player or as a group. Not to fight stone, timber, and npcs. Sometimes you have to hit a soft target if your opponent is stacking all their forces in one location, but if every target is a soft target, where’s the fun in that? Versus low pops the fights are less satisfying, the AP isn’t as good, and you’re actively encouraging your opponents from even coming back the next time. What’s the point in being king of a garbage heap?

Well said, Kart =)
  • treatz
    treatz
    Soul Shriven
    I don't get it....If people log on and the map is dominated by their own faction....what would they have to do and how would they get AP?
    Am I missing something?
  • Heimpai
    Heimpai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    treatz wrote: »
    I don't get it....If people log on and the map is dominated by their own faction....what would they have to do and how would they get AP?
    Am I missing something?
    I would log off and watch tv, but a friend was finally able to talk me into rolling an EP toon so now i don’t have that problem

• esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another problem when talking about populations is we never have any idea how many people are actually on the map. Currently (2:20am EST) AD are pop locked and DC have 2 bars, yet DC only have a handful of people on the map defending against at least 30-40 AD as they take our home keeps and scrolls.

Either the rest are in IC or the bar system is seriously bugged. Either way it doesn't give an accurate picture of what is actually happening.
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    pop315am.png

3:15am EST
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    pop315am.png

pvdoor nubz
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    pop315am.png

pvdoor nubz

Praise be to the PvD nubz, they bestow great gifts!
    1nEbidN.png
    *Aussie time
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    pop315am.png

pvdoor nubz

Praise be to the PvD nubz, they bestow great gifts!
    1nEbidN.png
    *Aussie time

Well at least that AD blob is good for one thing....AP.
  • Odysseus87
    Odysseus87
    ✭✭✭
    Midyear Mayhem was a blast! Thanks Sotha!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=r3Ipc0Gi77M
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    AD is still the only faction that pop-locks.

The EP daytime flood ruining the map for hours and hours is pretty obnoxious though.

Ad in sotha are not even grouping.
    There is iv that tries to put together a group and always ends with Max 12 ppl and I think there's still AA running...which has questionable tactics..
    All the others are doing daily
    Gotta see what's gonna happen after the event ends

There seems to be a cycle of log in times.

EP early Eastern time zone.
    AD late Eastern time zone.
    DC late or later Eastern time zone.

There is a large (and sometimes multiple large) AD group that seems to get going from 10-11 Eastern time zone.

When your faction is starting to outnumber and overpower opponents, it’s time to seek fights elsewhere. This doesn’t mean log off or switch factions, though these are options, it means maybe focus on defense for awhile, try to let the other factions get a foothold and stay in the game. Or just play on a different campaign for a while or go do BGs. Heck just take a break and go for a walk or something if you’ve been at it for a while.

The point of pvp is to fight other players, test your abilities as a player or as a group. Not to fight stone, timber, and npcs. Sometimes you have to hit a soft target if your opponent is stacking all their forces in one location, but if every target is a soft target, where’s the fun in that? Versus low pops the fights are less satisfying, the AP isn’t as good, and you’re actively encouraging your opponents from even coming back the next time. What’s the point in being king of a garbage heap?

It's a nice statement and all, if TM wasn't running a zerg ball 20+ group with AD poplocked and the other factions dwindling for hours all week.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

The EP daytime flood ruining the map for hours and hours is pretty obnoxious though.

There is iv that tries to put together a group and always ends with Max 12 ppl and I think there's still AA running...which has questionable tactics..

There is a large (and sometimes multiple large) AD group that seems to get going from 10-11 Eastern time zone.

It's a nice statement and all, if TM wasn't running a zerg ball 20+ group with AD poplocked and the other factions dwindling for hours all week.

Midyear mayhem shows participation boosts for most guilds...that doesn't make karts post any less true. We've done more playing for DC this cycle than we have for AD. And we'll probably hop on EP if AD keeps up the high pop and DC has the consistency it has had. There were more than enough DC and EP to keep us engaged without us being the larger group all week.

Honestly complaining about groups being too big during the event is like complaining that the rain is overwatering your garden. It's pointless and just stirs up useless drama, as we have already seen in the last few pages of this thread.
    Marek
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    People wanted to play their AD mains during the event, and it brought out more than usual. But, that said, we never pushed for AD emp, we never ran back any scrolls we grabbed (dumping them in the water or just trying to farm until we got overwhelmed). We will likely be back on DC next time we run and we’re trying to get everyone that doesn’t have an EP to get one leveled in the coming weeks so that is an option too.

Also even with a pop locked faction AD was down to trikeeps and Roebeck when we started running yesterday. AD was fighting uphill. Once we got them reestablished a bit we struck off on our own and started creating open field fights. That was when all three factions were still locked. Eventually when EP dropped to two bars we left them alone, and once DC dropped to two bars we logged. Just as I championed in that post, we weren’t getting any good action so we weren’t sticking around to help AD zerg the map.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Midyear mayhem shows participation boosts for most guilds...that doesn't make karts post any less true. We've done more playing for DC this cycle than we have for AD. And we'll probably hop on EP if AD keeps up the high pop and DC has the consistency it has had. There were more than enough DC and EP to keep us engaged without us being the larger group all week.

Honestly complaining about groups being too big during the event is like complaining that the rain is overwatering your garden. It's pointless and just stirs up useless drama, as we have already seen in the last few pages of this thread.

I was just pointing out that you can't take the high ground when you are running a 20+ man zerg ball backed by 50-60 AD steam rolling the map. It's certainly your right to play as you want... but critiquing Fengrush while doing so is a little bit ridiculous. Particularly when his group and the other organized groups are split up intentionally (obviously when the only objective on map presents itself you get a faction stack). I'm about as far from a Fengrush fan as you will find btw... I was surprised to see him being quite ambassadorial with DC.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'm about as far from a Fengrush fan as you will find btw... I was surprised to see him being quite ambassadorial with DC.
    We ran on DC two evenings when he was around prior to the event, and I think overall he preferred us playing the role of villian on AD (even if we weren't responsible for most of what he mentioned). After all the times we opposed him over the years the thought of him having to be appreciative or complimentary of us probably doesn't sit well with him lol.

Always had better fights against DC when he was on during the event though, will definitely give him that. He rallied the troops well.
    • PC/NA
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

I was just pointing out that you can't take the high ground when you are running a 20+ man zerg ball backed by 50-60 AD steam rolling the map. It's certainly your right to play as you want... but critiquing Fengrush while doing so is a little bit ridiculous. Particularly when his group and the other organized groups are split up intentionally (obviously when the only objective on map presents itself you get a faction stack). I'm about as far from a Fengrush fan as you will find btw... I was surprised to see him being quite ambassadorial with DC.

I'm not critiquing him. And those in my guild who do are guilty of being just as hypocritical as you say. Throwing numbers like 20 +50-60 is a bit ridiculous. Show me 80 of one faction in one place and I'll show you my crash report...

Just because DC or EP doesn't have a comparably sized organized group running when we are doesn't make us some zerging monster. The same is true of any other group. It's when that group continues to play after the other factions have been pushed back to their home triangle, gate camps, defends home keeps with emp and an army of pugs, that in my opinion warrants some kind of critique. Just running 18-20 people around the open field taking outposts or out of the way keeps when no faction has emp and there's the possibility of fighting 30-40 seems reasonable enough when you consider the alternative.
    Marek
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Always had better fights against DC when he was on during the event though, will definitely give him that. He rallied the troops well.

Unfortunately the Sotha you've come back to isn’t the Sotha you left. DC no longer has organised groups used to or able to take you on like they once did. Even established guilds like Bashu’s have seen a lot of change in membership/experience. So many on DC’s side have no clue how to deal with a group such as yours. Don’t get me wrong, I was happy to see you back and see that as a challenge rather than a negative. I’m just explaining why DC didn’t give you much competition when Fengrush wasn’t on and why your presence may have been far more disruptive to some than you intended. I look forward to the day we can give you better competition again. Your victory lap of Glade last night was a sight to behold. :D

Edited by esotoon on August 6, 2018 6:33PM
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

I'm not critiquing him. And those in my guild who do are guilty of being just as hypocritical as you say. Throwing numbers like 20 +50-60 is a bit ridiculous. Show me 80 of one faction in one place and I'll show you my crash report...

Just because DC or EP doesn't have a comparably sized organized group running when we are doesn't make us some zerging monster. The same is true of any other group. It's when that group continues to play after the other factions have been pushed back to their home triangle, gate camps, defends home keeps with emp and an army of pugs, that in my opinion warrants some kind of critique. Just running 18-20 people around the open field taking outposts or out of the way keeps when no faction has emp and there's the possibility of fighting 30-40 seems reasonable enough when you consider the alternative.

/shrug

That's about the numbers of the late eastern time AD "group" on a nightly basis. It's easily 50-60. I was just pointing out that with that group mucking about siege limiting keeps and outposts and just rolling with vastly superior numbers + TM anywhere versus the same faction is sort of ridiculous.

The 20+ with 50-60 is for the event. But midnight eastern time AD is poplocked and DC and EP are fading. TM does seem to attempt to avoid the blob (a blob that puts down so much siege in such a small area my screen has turned into a big pink blob at the location of them... literally), then again you are never that far from them and when it's TM taking on the same faction the AD multi group horde is set upon, it's a little much.

I would know, I used to be embedded in the middle of the AD blob. There is a point where it's just too many and being done too often where switching to another faction seems prudent. It wasn't always like this, but it has been lately and it certainly was during the midyear event.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a blob that puts down so much siege in such a small area my screen has turned into a big pink blob at the location of them... literally
    I see you've met the fabled Wrobel Sunset

• PC/NA
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    a blob that puts down so much siege in such a small area my screen has turned into a big pink blob at the location of them... literally
    I see you've met the fabled Wrobel Sunset

That's truly a great description of it.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those who have been lucky not to have seen a Wrobel Sunset, or haven't heard it called that before...

xnmswRZ.jpg
    • PC/NA
  • rfennell_ESO
    rfennell_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    For those who have been lucky not to have seen a Wrobel Sunset, or haven't heard it called that before...

I'm just glad it isn't just me haha.

Made me start wondering about system specs, tho with an I7 and 16 gigs and a 1070 it couldn't be.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unbenannt999.png

Unbenannt9999.png

Thoughts? Opinions?

3:40 am eastern.

edit: AD defended every ressource or showed up right after it flipped. About 6 AD that is.
    Edited by edges_endgame on August 7, 2018 10:04AM
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Unbenannt999.png

Unbenannt9999.png

Thoughts? Opinions?

edit: AD defended every ressource or showed up right after it flipped. About 6 AD that is.

Hey! You made Praetorian! Nice! 2 more ranks and you’ll open up that Legate Black!

Hang in there!

Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Darkest Requiem has had fun on Azura’s Star/Sotha Sil, we have gone back to our roots Guild of Shadows. See you on the battle field.

- Dutchessx Out.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 7, 2018 1:52PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    For a month plus, every night around 10 pm cst, AD pop locks. Amusingly nearly all of the AD mains in this thread lately (outside of TM) gladly appear in that blob, including happily coating the d ring on anti personel seige, camping postern entrances, and running people down with the zerg at their back. The top 20 or so zerglings on the leaderboards, for example. This campaign has been poo for months, and it is very clear that AD is content to continue zerging. Meanwhile, in Shor...its also an AD zerg. No one is interested in actually fighting and wants to roll over everyone once they get superior numbers. Great times.
  • edges_endgame
    edges_endgame
    ✭✭✭✭
    Unbenannt999.png

Unbenannt9999.png

Thoughts? Opinions?

Heike wrote: »
    Unbenannt999.png

Unbenannt9999.png

Thoughts? Opinions?

Hey! You made Praetorian! Nice! 2 more ranks and you’ll open up that Legate Black!

Hang in there!

Thank you but that ship has long sailed.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    It’s interesting that when DC overnights the map and poplock at 11am cst, emping at 1pm ... and AD and EP logs on to being camped at our main gates... you don’t hear a peep here in the forums, save a few cute memes and giggles.

But now that AD has any kind of presence late night, suddenly there’s salt.

Now everyone wants to blame TM or “the AD zergball.” And they’ll not hear anything of DC zerging. They simply won’t acknowledge it.

Players make no mention of DC’s self-described “overnight guilds,” that ran from 11p-5am.

When AD players commented on TM playing for the Covenant, in support of their numbers, nothing was said by DC. Nothing. But NOW... omgoodness “foul play!”

Everyone zergs at some point. Everyone.

And if anyone has a right to feel zerged the “most” right now, it’s EP. And even EP stacks 30-40 at a time right now, when their pop demands that need.

DR is an incredibly strong group, and they run in about the same size unit as TM (8-15) when I’ve come up on them. They just don’t have DC’s pop of 80-100 behind them. I don’t think DR is homed in Sotha, either. So, they aren’t a daily presence. But if they were, I’m sure both AD and DC would comment on it.

Several people in my guild are rolling EP toons, and I’ll probably go back to my magblade there at some point, once I cap on Mihail this month.

But, players coming here and commenting on AD overnighting and/or “zerging” probably didn’t have to deal with the “influx of Asian DC players” that rolled through these parts last year. Nor are they subject to dealing with groups of 150+.

Keep the salt. Don’t play at 4am. Better yet, both.

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 7, 2018 7:07PM
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    A quarter hourly animation of the map itself along with an *accurate* population count
    That sounds pretty cool actually, and way easier than fixing lag so it might have a chance of actually happening if enough people suggest and like the idea.
    • PC/NA
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A quarter hourly animation of the map itself along with an *accurate* population count
    That sounds pretty cool actually, and way easier than fixing lag so it might have a chance of actually happening if enough people suggest and like the idea.

Such a cool suggestion it got deleted by a mod. Apparently suggesting a feature that would benefit all factions equally and hopefully negate some of the salt and nastiness we see on the forums (again, by all factions), by giving people facts to go on rather than (potentially biased) conjecture, is against the rules.

:s

Edited by esotoon on August 7, 2018 8:36PM
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    But now that AD has any kind of presence late night, suddenly there’s salt.

AD has had a late night presence for many, many campaigns now.

Just last campaign, the AD "Ballerina" Emp regularly emped and took the map through the early hours of the morning (US Time) with a group of 10-20 AD against 1-4 DC defenders.

The reason you will probably see more 'salt' about AD zerging the map through the early hours than you will DC/EP is that it means AD have the population advantage for pretty much the whole day. Yes, DC often takes the map late at night/early in the morning, but when those players log off, it is usually flipped back by a small AD or EP group up against 1 or 2 DC defenders within 2-3 hours. Whilst not optimal, this pattern at least kept the other factions in the fight. If AD have the map through prime time, and through the whole night, due to population size alone, then of course more resentment will be produced.
    Now everyone wants to blame TM or “the AD zergball.” And they’ll not hear anything of DC zerging. They simply won’t acknowledge it.

1 or 2 posters does not equal all.
    But, players coming here and commenting on AD overnighting and/or “zerging” probably didn’t have to deal with the “influx of Asian DC players” that rolled through these parts last year. Nor are they subject to dealing with groups of 150+.

Just like some people coming on here and commenting about what happens over night, probably never actually play over night so do not see how in the past the map changes (often multiple times) whilst they are sleeping, so don't realise that to have one faction hold it the whole night long (and gate camp whilst doing so), is not the norm.

Edited by esotoon on August 7, 2018 9:05PM