The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drakkdjinn wrote: »
    Lol, but tbh I have not seen any reluctance from any faction to siege instead of PvP this patch; its a problem on all sides since they overtuned it.

It's what we get I suppose when for 70% of the faction, they can contribute much better by left-clicking than by actually playing their character.

“The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Beaverton
    Beaverton
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    Lol, but tbh I have not seen any reluctance from any faction to siege instead of PvP this patch; its a problem on all sides since they overtuned it.

It's what we get I suppose when for 70% of the faction, they can contribute much better by left-clicking than by actually playing their character.

Well. . . .for that 70% it seems like left clicking is playing their character. It probably gives them great pleasure to spoil your fun.
    Chook (fill in the blank) or Chookana (likewise): I learn more by dying so teach me some more!
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    I would just like to have some good pvp again and not have to choose between lagging to death on Vivec or getting zerged down on Sotha or Shor. I have to admit being solo now days is very rough and the first thing AD does to me is drop siege, I guess they are looking for the guild.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 28, 2018 8:31PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Your average AD pug is always in left click mode.

Sometimes it's siege, sometimes it's bow light attacks.
    Edited by DeadlyRecluse on August 28, 2018 6:23PM
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We were at Sejanus last nigth with our DC toons and it was a field full of stealthed AD. Not just the nightblades either. So we just moved out and kept uncovering more and more, it was ridiculous. So many snipes though. I don't always slot Total Dark but I was placing it on every AD I could that had a bow.

And then the sieges came once we got them out of stealth :/

Was a weird night, I don't think any of AD's decent sized groups were running and they were pretty unorganized most of the times we fought them.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭

Your average AD pug is always in left click mode.

Sometimes it's siege, sometimes it's bow light attacks.

Truthhhhhhh
    #LOVEPALACE
  • Dreamweaver357
    Anyone has seen the recent EP Fur-ball Zergs? - more specifically, what the heck was that WW zerg last night. Is it an specific guild running it?
    Getting my poison-everything out of the bank tonight. Just for safety. :D
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Must have been Werewolf Wednesday. Haven't seen them in Sotha lately but if they're back that's good to hear. That's a guild group Scourge Alliance, IIRC.
    • PC/NA
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    WW Wednesday is always a pleasant surprise, no matter which server they're on.

It's impossible to get salty about having 8-10 WWs simul-pounce you. Too funny.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    the first thing AD does to me is drop siege, I guess they are looking for the guild.

Don't take it too personally Dutch, they do that to literally everyone
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse , I would love if there were a Sotha agreement of WW Wednesday. Just all semi-organized groups or better wolfing out.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Ankaridan
    Ankaridan
    ✭✭✭
    [removed quote]

Bleh. Last time I logged in, AD was camping DC at our scroll gates with those numbers.

Strange what happens when I'm gone for a few days.
    Edited by ZOS_JesC on September 3, 2018 1:31PM
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Must have been Werewolf Wednesday. Haven't seen them in Sotha lately but if they're back that's good to hear. That's a guild group Scourge Alliance, IIRC.

Yup was Scourge, just sharing the love!
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Marcus684
    Marcus684
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Every alliance has their share of zergers, gate-campers, snipe spammers, and everything else you want to whine about. It’s part of the game, cheesy at it may be, and if you can’t handle it, there’s plenty of other things to do with your time.
  • Demontra
    Demontra
    Soul Shriven
    Very true Marcus, the funny part is they had larger numbers though. They were just getting spanked.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Shout out to the EP player who kept coming back alone to the resource we (9 of us) were holding and then switched to his AD to curse at us in zone, lol.
    • PC/NA
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    I think that TM, with their 10-man group, has done more to guarantee DC a campaign victory than has Feng. Their having played on DC during primetime for the majority of this month rallied more, imho.

And, sure, DC overnighted the map almost nightly. But, it’s nice to see their pop rise, without them needing Feng. The Westside of the map is nice to play on now.

And if some EP guilds can play in primetime, I don’t know why they wait until 3am to log on. I know Eckkes is Australian, but is that guild an Aussie guild? Has DR leaving (or breaking up, whatever) made that much of a difference in pop?

Shocked to see @Nihang in Sotha last night! Where have YOU been!?! :)
    Go get Subtomik back in game, and let’s rock outside of Nikel! lol

Anyway, I was gone this past week and it felt like 6 months. Good fights last night, with 3 bars DC/AD for most of the night. Cheers,
    Mihail Heike
    (NA AD CP1800 Templar - DD/Heals)
    Heikers | The Hive Mind | Dead Nirn Dealers | Bowz N The Hood | Tertiary Meat
    "Lex Orandi, Lex Credendi"

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • ZOS_JesC
    ZOS_JesC
    admin
    Greetings, we've removed several baiting comments. If this thread cannot remain on topic and keep from naming and shaming other forum members or keep comments constructive in some capacity, we are going to close this thread. If you are not sure if you post will be problematic, please consult our forum rules here, so you can avoid any violations. Thank you.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • kpittsniperb14_ESO
    kpittsniperb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Heike wrote: »
    I think that TM, with their 10-man group, has done more to guarantee DC a campaign victory than has Feng. Their having played on DC during primetime for the majority of this month rallied more, imho.

And, sure, DC overnighted the map almost nightly. But, it’s nice to see their pop rise, without them needing Feng. The Westside of the map is nice to play on now.

And if some EP guilds can play in primetime, I don’t know why they wait until 3am to log on. I know Eckkes is Australian, but is that guild an Aussie guild? Has DR leaving (or breaking up, whatever) made that much of a difference in pop?

Shocked to see @Nihang in Sotha last night! Where have YOU been!?! :)
    Go get Subtomik back in game, and let’s rock outside of Nikel! lol

Anyway, I was gone this past week and it felt like 6 months. Good fights last night, with 3 bars DC/AD for most of the night. Cheers,

Trying to put together a decent EP group comp now that it appears DC might be recovering population. It's been slow going but we'll get there.
    Magicka DK-Rowsdowerr
    Tertiary Meat GM
    "they're going to say, there's Daniel and he has 20 people with him, I want to kill him and there's
    40 more behind me."
    "I'm tired of the BS excuses, if you're going to do what you do at least admit what you're doing"
    YEEEEEAAAAAHHHH!!!
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM (DC version) takes on the AD and their siege.

https://youtu.be/GZTJrsoP7tc

(From last night)
    Edited by Kartalin on September 12, 2018 2:16PM
    • PC/NA
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just glad Zapfino doesn't play anymore, game would be unplayable with siege in it's current state.
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    usmcjdking wrote: »
    I'm just glad Zapfino doesn't play anymore, game would be unplayable with siege in it's current state.

She was back last month, still rock’in the double ballistas! lol

Was awesome to talk to her, and see her wiping full raids! lol
    Mihail Heike

"I will see you, galloping across the green pastures and through the timbers. I will watch, from my shadowy crouch under the rocks at Greenmead, as you race past the dolmen, with thoughts of Altadoon in your head. Yes, I will see you. And your journey will end there..."
    ~Mihail Heike
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    Has anyone here ever taken a level 5 keep with only 2 people? And/or taken a scroll from a temple with 2 people?
    Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Has anyone here ever taken a level 5 keep with only 2 people? And/or taken a scroll from a temple with 2 people?
    I think it’s possible with the right combination of builds. Might take awhile though. Definitely the temple would be faster/easier than the keep.

I bet @Drakkdjinn and I could do it, stamsorc and magplar. Dps and heals/off-dps.

Actually I bet @Drakkdjinn and @Magus would go even faster as stamsorc and stamden. None of those pesky guard negates stopping dps or heals.

The hardest part would be not dying of boredom breaking through the doors of a level 5 keep. All this is assuming it’s undefended of course.
    • PC/NA
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think it’s possible with the right combination of builds. Might take awhile though. Definitely the temple would be faster/easier than the keep.

I bet @Drakkdjinn and I could do it, stamsorc and magplar. Dps and heals/off-dps.

Actually I bet @Drakkdjinn and @Magus would go even faster as stamsorc and stamden. None of those pesky guard negates stopping dps or heals.

The hardest part would be not dying of boredom breaking through the doors of a level 5 keep. All this is assuming it’s undefended of course.

Ye we’d do swimmingly Kart - I’ve 2-manned a scroll swipe at keeps several times: the key is having a tanky/healy bugger to grab the backflag NPCs while a fast dude picks up the scroll from LoS & book it out; that’s not easy to do at a temple however. NPC aggro is the main obstacle.
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I haven't tried it since they buffed the guards, but in CP campaigns you could easily solo a scroll temple on a bomb blade. Also solo'd Glade, but it was extremely close. I've seen a friend on a templar solo Drakelowe once too.

And yeah 2 people for scroll is enough, especially if one is a nightblade. The tanky person just runs through in a straight line getting aggro while the other picks it up.
    Edited by gabriebe on September 13, 2018 8:30PM
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Done a couple Keeps like that in Sotha. As well as having a good combo of builds, it helps if you know how to pull the right guards. Where to run to deagro them. Where you can use LoS inside the Keep, or when standing on flags. so as not to agro/be able to be hit by some of the inner guards.

Have also done the temple with 2 people once, but on that occasion the other player was an Emp so that helped. ;)
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭
    gabriebe wrote: »
    I haven't tried it since they buffed the guards, but in CP campaigns you could easily solo a scroll temple on a bomb blade. Also solo'd Glade, but it was extremely close. I've seen a friend on a templar solo Drakelowe once too.

And yeah 2 people for scroll is enough, especially if one is a nightblade. The tanky person just runs through in a straight line getting aggro while the other picks it up.

Cool. I was curious about doing it in Sotha. And curious about builds, and completely agree about having one person be tanky. Since the guard buffs, I hardly believe anyone can solo it, but would love to hear stories (or video) of 2-man groups getting inside inner.

And more specifically, going through the FD.

I’ve only ever done a temple with 4, before a larger group shows up. And that was with little defense.

Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Heike
    Heike
    ✭✭✭

*logs on my DC magplar*

lol

Mihail Heike

~Mihail Heike
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lol, would be easier on my AD magplar with undaunted rank 10. My DC is not optimized.
    • PC/NA