The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Sotha Sil NAPC Part VII

• Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sotha Menatilty: “ there’s barely anyone online on the other 2 factions and almost no pvp? This would be a perfect time to get in a big group and kill any remote sign of pvp “
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Sotha Menatilty: “ there’s barely anyone online on the other 2 factions and almost no pvp? This would be a perfect time to get in a big group and kill any remote sign of pvp “

“IV”
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't play too much on Sotha anymore, but I have been a bit the last couple weeks on EP. Two questions:

1. DC is never on. How are they ahead in score?
    2. The past couple weeks it's been fairly competitive until about 930 or 10 central. Then there's an unstoppable AD zergocalypse. Why does AD all log on around then?
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »
    I don't play too much on Sotha anymore, but I have been a bit the last couple weeks on EP. Two questions:

1. DC is never on. How are they ahead in score?
    2. The past couple weeks it's been fairly competitive until about 930 or 10 central. Then there's an unstoppable AD zergocalypse. Why does AD all log on around then?

1. Because DC is exploiting the low pop bonus so they can win the campaign while only playing for a very limited time. I believe they ended up in second place last campaign using this tactic as well. Whether this is an intentional exploitation or just some weird population shift, I can't say for certain, although the way it keeps getting repeated on DC's side makes me less than charitable in my assumptions.

2. Very good question. Even as AD I still keep wondering where all these AD have come from lol
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1. Because DC is exploiting the low pop bonus so they can win the campaign while only playing for a very limited time. I believe they ended up in second place last campaign using this tactic as well. Whether this is an intentional exploitation or just some weird population shift, I can't say for certain, although the way it keeps getting repeated on DC's side makes me less than charitable in my assumptions.

This campaign, the only DC guild that is still running almost nightly in numbers for any extended period of time is West Coast based, so if you are east coast or central, I doubt you have seen the times DC have controlled the map. The rest of the day we don't have many players at all. No one has planned this, this is just unfortunately the way things are population wise right now. This decline in DC population has been the trend over the past several campaigns now, so it is not out of the ordinary.

Due to the population being lower on all factions (although AD, as always, seem to still have way more than DC and EP), for a lot of the day it only takes a relatively small group of players totally swing the balance of map. As a result, taken over the whole day, the map is frequently changing from red, to yellow, to blue, etc.

If you only come on the same time every day it can therefor be hard to understand how other factions are getting the points they are scoring. e.g. Come on during EDT Prime Time and you wonder why AD isn't in the lead by far. Come on in the afternoon and you wonder why EP isn't in the lead, let alone in third. Come on during West Coast Prime Time and you wonder why DC aren't further in the lead. etc.

I'm a DC player so you may not take my word for this, but all I can say is no one likes having a low population. We want more players on at all times of the day, because like most players, those of us who fight to take keeps hate to see them get taken back later in the day (especially so easily) simply because there are no DC are on to defend them. And those who come on during the quieter times want to be able to do more than just be free AP for an AD zerg. ;)

And as for the low pop bonus, last campaign EP jumped ahead of DC because of the low pop bonus during the middle of the campaign, and we jumped ahead at the end. I doubt either was planned. And taken over the past few campaigns as a whole, DC has been as much screwed by the bonus as we have gained from it. So no, there is no mastermind telling DC players to stay off the campaign.
    Edited by esotoon on November 27, 2017 11:48PM
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah get your "exploiting" nonsense out of here. Don't even have a DC toon but feel the need the defend this.

They have a significantly lower pop for a long enough period they get the low pop bonus, simple as that. It's not the greatest mechanic to try and incentivise DC not to give up on the campaign cycle, but it's the mechanic we have.

Also, EP was getting low pop bonus for months in a row back when Sotha Sil was Azura's Star and consistently coming 2nd despite having virtually no map presence. There is no exploiting going on.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    esotoon wrote: »
    I'm a DC player so you may not take my word for this, but all I can say is no one likes having a low population. We want more players on at all times of the day, because like most players, those of us who fight to take keeps hate to see them get taken back later in the day (especially so easily) simply because there are no DC are on to defend them.

Nah, I believe you, and honestly having only one guild left that's reliably on makes more sense then Evil DC Hivemind that can even control pugs. Just the whole reoccuring low pop bonus has made me grumpy tbh. It gets frustrating seeing a faction that isn't present being handed first place over the two that are, and then that frustration starts to make unfortunate population issues (like having only one consistent guild that runs "later" due to time zone differences) look like something that's being done on purpose.

In the future, when I'm frustrated about something, I'll sit on my post for a bit and ask myself "does this make you sound like a conspiracy nut?" before posting it lol.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Yeah get your "exploiting" nonsense out of here. Don't even have a DC toon but feel the need the defend this.

A post I wrote a few hours ago apparently did not actually post. It's now posted.

In retrospect, I should have waited to post until I wasn't annoyed and grumpy about the low pop bonus mechanic. Which is what I'm actually annoyed about since it seemed whenever I was on over the weekend, there were plenty of DC fighting with the low pop bonus, shooting a faction that is rarely active to first place over the other two factions that are active.

But the low pop bonus mechanic and my grievances with how it works in practice are not related to DC. So I'm sorry I took that frustration out on DC by accusing them of somehow exploiting it.
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on November 28, 2017 6:19AM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The true conspiracy theory that I do not believe is that there are still DC players in Sotha.
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To a lesser extent it’s the same with DC on EU Sotha Sil - they do have the numbers to pop lock in prime time, but the rest of the day they are extinct. What’s always on 24/7 is the EP zerg though. Funny AD takes that role on NA. Unfortunately I created an AD char for my experiment, so I doubt I’m going to have a great time PvPing ;)
    Edited by Feanor on November 28, 2017 7:48AM
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    People still play sotha? Weird. Here I was thinking vivec is the last frontier of PvP of this game and once that PvP population eventually fizzles out all campaigns will inevitably become the numbers-win-all emp trading maps ZoS continues to design them to be.
    Edited by Joshlenoir on December 1, 2017 2:25PM
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only RP in Sotha
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    The low-pop bonus should probably be reviewed by ZOS as part of an over all look at how Cyrodiil gets scored. 144 points per scoring eval for holding 4 keeps is not helping things. The unfortunate part for DC is that getting low-popped into first place has a tendency to make them log on. But populations for all PVP servers across the board have been falling, it's not just Sotha Sil.

<3
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    The low pop bonus has always been nonsensical; I don't believe it will even activate unless scores are close. Add it to the list of reasons Campaign Score is silly.

Sotha has had somewhat more players lately though. 3bars of AD occasionally killing the map not withstanding, there is at least some daytime and latenight shenanigans happening.
    Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    We could use a DC zerg back in Sotha. Just not one that tries to gate camp 24/7. There's an EP zerg now and of course the much bigger AD zerg. If we had a DC zerg during prime time, we could have proper 3 way fights on the map again.

edit: spelling
    Edited by EdmundTowers on December 1, 2017 4:47PM
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could use a DC zerg back in Sotha. Just not one that tries to gate camp 24/7. There's an EP zerg now and of course the much bigger AD zerg. If we had a DC zerg during prime time, we could have proper 3 way fights on the map again.

edit: spelling

I brought Requiem over here for 6 days and it was six days of counter siege with players (mostly AD) unwilling to engage in open field, and when they did, it was still more siege.

Not trying to start anything. Even though that always happens. Im just trying to provide insight into why we were turned off in making Sotha our main. No one seemed interested in actually fighting.

fwiw.

Shor pop has picked up considerably so it's neither here nor there, just thought i'd chime in as a DC that had a medium to large group with every intent on making Sotha a home campaign.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Let sotha die come to shor
  • Taysa
    Taysa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We could use a DC guild on Sotha that isn't just interested in PvDoor and is skilled enough to know not to waste 5 Destro ults on one person who obviously ran into them to be bait.

Fixed.

5/24/18: The day ZoS suspended my forum account for trolling a troll.
  • Sylphie
    Sylphie
    ✭✭✭
    First post in over a week and it's just me plugging my new video.

https://youtu.be/jxC2zm43vD8
    @Curie
    Làin - MagDK
    1vX and outnumbered pvp compliations - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC0gPPFOdjYCuyuuog7QcjJg
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow... what is up with EP lately painting the map red right before prime time & then logging out when AD logs in?
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dutchessx wrote: »
    Wow... what is up with EP lately painting the map red right before prime time & then logging out when AD logs in?

Suck Norris Fan Club?
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    It is the time of EP to Zerg the map
  • Draxys
    Draxys
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Well, if this thread accomplished nothing else, it kept me entertained at work tonight. Good work everyone.

rip decibel
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    Should I summon Lord Kita and his ilk to descend upon sotha and deliver his divine wrath?

Seems like the map is infested with the wicked....
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are plenty of AD and EP. I think they need DC.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    unknown.png

What happens to AD when they nightcap.
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    HairyFairy wrote: »
    unknown.png

You start zergin? Nothin new.
    Should correct it to what happens when Kita and Co don’t play sotha:

you get to.

:trollface:

• HairyFairy
    HairyFairy
    ✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    unknown.png

you get to.

Did you notice the 7 man raid? I'm sure you did, and even that is considered zerging to you peasants.
    Hello darkness my old friend

HairyFairy- MagNB
    Scary-Fairy- MagDK
    HairyFairy's Kitty- StamNB
    Your a Lizard Hairy- MagSorc
    Jarl HairyFairy- StamDK
    Lord HairyFairy- MagPlar
    Craazy Fairy- StamSorc
    HairyFairy The Colossus - StamPlar
    Thanos Ender of Worlds - Stamcro
    Necro-*** - Magcro
  • A_G_G_R_O
    A_G_G_R_O
    ✭✭✭✭
    A_G_G_R_O wrote: »
    unknown.png

you get to.

Did you notice the 7 man raid? I'm sure you did, and even that is considered zerging to you peasants.
    Woah woah woah, chill! I even used the troll facin man to illicit sarcasm.....chill with the aggro....