The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Cp being added to BG !! ( as of now )

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Worst change possible regarding battlegrounds.

Enjoy the *** tanks on objectives. Some *** even might this *** *** balancing around cp. cp has been crap and a misconception since its beginning. yet *** *** claim cp has to do with l2p and theory crafting, yet cp allows to be strong in almost every aspect without sacrifice. seriously, the amount of *** in here is way too high.
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on September 19, 2017 10:48AM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Terrible change. This may temporarily increase population because people who wrote off NonCP BGs because they couldn't adapt will come back. PSA : adding cp still won't bring your cyrodill zerg with you. Actually have to manage resources and coordinate burst was what made BGs fun.. CP is going to ruin that. Source : Cyrodill.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 19, 2017 10:47AM
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Worst idea of all time. I have won 38 BG matches in a row with a pre-made group, this will only make things 10x worse. If you think CP can save you, then you are already lost.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

Dark Elf DK - Grand Overlord - (Xbox) NA - 129K Kills
    Orc Stamblade - Level 10 (Xbox)
    Argonian Templar - Level 23 (PC) (Auriels Bow Graduate (Retired))
  • Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Bislobo wrote: »
    That will bring more people into BG's. Some people like to theorycraft builds and CP brings more depth to it, that is why i prefer CP pvp. I will definitely play more BG's next patch.

I strongly disagree - this introduces a ridiculous power gap between high/low CP players, and there is FAR less depth to theory crafting as the CP system severely limits what item sets are viable and makes hybridization less potent. And how about those unkillable build shenanigans?? ZOS is off their damned rocker with this change...

L2P or grind CP like everybody else does. This game has atleast another healthy 2-3 years you can easily get to cp 700 within 6 months.

Plus what can you possibly enjoy in this game with no cp?

You got 1 non cp campaign in cyrodil and you HAD non cp bg.

If thats what brings you to this game you should player another game or level up and enjoy the whole thing.

Playing with CP is the opposite of "L2P" - here's a preview of CP BGs from the PTS for example:

PascoBowling1195-1024x680.jpg
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    The biggest problem with ESO PvP is Damage. Damage isn't high enough in most cases—and it's most definitely not consistent enough. BGs should have a 25k health cap, and disable the use of Heavy Armor. Those two changes would really go a long way towards providing fast-paced gameplay where it's more about dealing & avoding damage, and less about absorbing/healing through damage. I'd even say nerf impen & impreg as well—maybe hardcap crit resist in BGs to 1500.

Ahhh yes let's turn bgs into a stam NB heaven well thought out

You may actually be incapable of thought if you believe that Stamblades dominate classes which aren't in Heavy and which don't have more than 25k health. If you're a MagSorc, or using 1h/Shield then Stamblades aren't an issue, they're just another class. You can still build tanky classes without the crutch of Heavy and without more than 25k health. If you can't stay alive without either of those two things—you're just not very good at the game.
    Edited by SnubbS on September 19, 2017 3:33PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with ESO PvP is Damage. Damage isn't high enough in most cases—and it's most definitely not consistent enough. BGs should have a 25k health cap, and disable the use of Heavy Armor. Those two changes would really go a long way towards providing fast-paced gameplay where it's more about dealing & avoding damage, and less about absorbing/healing through damage. I'd even say nerf impen & impreg as well—maybe hardcap crit resist in BGs to 1500.

You may actually be incapable of thought if you believe that Stamblades dominate classes which aren't in Heavy and which don't have more than 25k health. If you're a MagSorc, or using 1h/Shield then Stamblades aren't an issue, they're just another class. You can still build tanky classes without the crutch of Heavy and without more than 25k health. If you can't stay alive without either of those two things—you're just not very good at the game.

Wrong. Stam blades dominated non cp anything pvp. You either are misinformed or haven't had enough experience in game to be a reasonable critique on the issue. My guess is not enough experience since you are arguing FOR non cp bg lol
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LokoMatic wrote: »
    Worst idea of all time. I have won 38 BG matches in a row with a pre-made group, this will only make things 10x worse. If you think CP can save you, then you are already lost.

Nobody wants cp to save them. We want cp because we earned them and our sets/builds are built using them because why wouldnt we make our builds with the thought of our cp in them?

95% of this game allowe CP usage get with the program buddy and L2P
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This isn't great, lower CP players are gunna get put off asap. Right now it doest matter. Just gunna make a top end gap bigger.

Will mean more CP respects too, more unkillable builds its gunna slow the fast paced action we have now

People cheering it just need CP as a crutch and haven't adapted. There should be a choice, CP and no CP
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not being given a choice is daft.
    PC EU
  • Lexxypwns
    Lexxypwns
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Terrible change. This may temporarily increase population because people who wrote off NonCP BGs because they couldn't adapt will come back. PSA : adding cp still won't bring your cyrodill zerg with you. Actually have to manage resources and coordinate burst was what made BGs fun.. CP is going to ruin that. Source : Cyrodill.

+1

There goes the neighborhood

Glad to see you @LokoMatic @SnubbS standing up for the already small BG community we have on XBOX

Edited by Lexxypwns on September 19, 2017 5:30PM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beardimus wrote: »
    This isn't great, lower CP players are gunna get put off asap. Right now it doest matter. Just gunna make a top end gap bigger.

Will mean more CP respects too, more unkillable builds its gunna slow the fast paced action we have now

People cheering it just need CP as a crutch and haven't adapted. There should be a choice, CP and no CP

I have gone 20-0 in non cp bg matches and had matches almost as good plentyyyyyy times. People want their cp period. Especially in pvp.

This is a mmo rpg not a first person shooter LEVEL MATTERS. If you dont enjoy cp Bg then have fun in non cp cyrodil ( with 20-50 people in it xD )

Get some good gear get some cp and L2P :)
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭

Nobody wants cp to save them. We want cp because we earned them and our sets/builds are built using them because why wouldnt we make our builds with the thought of our cp in them?

I earned my CP too, but I don't want BG's to be ruined by ZOS opening the door for more aids group comps. 2 Magplars / Mag Warden's can tank 8 players in NON CP BG's. Imagine how much worse this will be with CP.

Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I earned my CP too, but I don't want BG's to be ruined by ZOS opening the door for more aids group comps. 2 Magplars / Mag Warden's can tank 8 players in NON CP BG's. Imagine how much worse this will be with CP.

Aids was addressed last patch man if you still struggling its a L2P issue.

I play this game religiously and have yet to experience cheese by another player.

Yes i have been killed plenty times but does that mean its cheese?

1vx isnt easy and you shouldnt feel you have the power to do it at all time.

If you are talking about cheese solo builds then I strongly disagree i have bumped into some unkillable tanks but they also had 0 dmg so i cant be mad its what they do.

Viper is weak proc sets arent as strong and sustain is harder than ever.

I honestly love the current state of the game ( pvp wise )

Pve magplar and magdk need love ❤️
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭

I play this game religiously and have yet to experience cheese by another player.

If you are talking about cheese solo builds then I strongly disagree i have bumped into some unkillable tanks but they also had 0 dmg so i cant be mad its what they do.

I love the state of PVP as well, and I also love how BG's are the only non CP option available in PVP. No one steps foot in the console non cp campaigns.

I can 1vX with 5 stars and still be effective in heavy or light.

And I know plenty more who can do the same.

Clearly you haven't played enough BG's to see mag warden's heal for 500K and do 600K dps, but that's just an experience thing. I have 360 BG wins logged, and have run into many builds who can constantly do 500K healing / 500K dps, and who as a team can be nearly unkillable with cohesion.

Sustain is a learning curve when you play NonCP.

I'm interested to hear how much experience you have in actual PVP. If you play religiously and haven't run into any cheese from another player then you must be playing another video game.
    Edited by LokoMatic on September 19, 2017 5:48PM
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is, premade group comps are a handful to deal with in current live, nonCP. This is going to be amplified so much more if CP gets introduce in BGs. The reason we like BGs is because there is no CP. You don't just run around aimlessly spamming abilities, you have to be conscious of your resource management. You have to coordinate with your team to make target switches, time burst, etc. This takes that away. You will have way more sustain, mitigation and utility, which will slightly scale with damage but not enough when you multiply this by 4 people all running similar AIDs builds.

I'm not sure what game you're playing but if you haven't seen cheese builds you must not frequent BGs. Also, you keep telling Loko to l2p and I've seen the guy open world 1vX better than any player I've seen in the game on a magDK. It's not that we are concerned of the changes, we just don't want them because it ruins the enticement of battlegrounds as a whole. The competitive format that BGs offers is what makes it fun. If it goes live, whatever, it sucks but I already know my build is meant for CP and I tweaked it to be more formidable for BGs. AKA : my build will be better, but I DONT want that at all. It will discourage the lower CP from the current even playing field and turn a lot of people off when they run in to the referenced aids premades of unkillable group comps.
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 19, 2017 5:57PM
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is, premade group comps are a handful to deal with in current live, nonCP. This is going to be amplified so much more if CP gets introduce in BGs. The reason we like BGs is because there is no CP. You don't just run around aimlessly spamming abilities, you have to be conscious of your resource management. You have to coordinate with your team to make target switches, time burst, etc. This takes that away. You will have way more sustain, mitigation and utility, which will slightly scale with damage but not enough when you multiply this by 4 people all running similar AIDs builds. I'm not sure what game you're playing but you keep telling Loko to l2p and I've seen the guy open world 1vX better than any player I've seen in the game on a magDK. It's not that we are concerned of the changes, we just don't want them because it ruins the enticement of battlegrounds as a whole. The competitive format that BGs offers is what makes it fun. If it goes live, whatever, it sucks but I already know my build is meant for CP and I tweaked it to be more formidable for BGs. AKA : my build will be better, but I DONT want that at all. It will discourage the lower CP from the current even playing field and turn a lot of people off when they run in to the referenced aids premades of unkillable group comps.

You know cp has nothing to do with sustain right.... i lose like 100-200 recovery max without cp. nice try tho. L2P
  • HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The point is, premade group comps are a handful to deal with in current live, nonCP. This is going to be amplified so much more if CP gets introduce in BGs. The reason we like BGs is because there is no CP. You don't just run around aimlessly spamming abilities, you have to be conscious of your resource management. You have to coordinate with your team to make target switches, time burst, etc. This takes that away. You will have way more sustain, mitigation and utility, which will slightly scale with damage but not enough when you multiply this by 4 people all running similar AIDs builds. I'm not sure what game you're playing but you keep telling Loko to l2p and I've seen the guy open world 1vX better than any player I've seen in the game on a magDK. It's not that we are concerned of the changes, we just don't want them because it ruins the enticement of battlegrounds as a whole. The competitive format that BGs offers is what makes it fun. If it goes live, whatever, it sucks but I already know my build is meant for CP and I tweaked it to be more formidable for BGs. AKA : my build will be better, but I DONT want that at all. It will discourage the lower CP from the current even playing field and turn a lot of people off when they run in to the referenced aids premades of unkillable group comps.

You know cp has nothing to do with sustain right.... i lose like 100-200 recovery max without cp. nice try tho. L2P
    So let me get this straight...you're telling me that CP has nothing to do with sustain but in the same sentence telling me you lose 200 recovery without CP. This logic is mind blowing.

I guess I just need to l2p like you https://imgur.com/gallery/Yk7a8
    Edited by HEBREWHAMMERRR on September 19, 2017 6:04PM
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Wrong. Stam blades dominated non cp anything pvp. You either are misinformed or haven't had enough experience in game to be a reasonable critique on the issue. My guess is not enough experience since you are arguing FOR non cp bg lol

Not. Enough. Experience.

ahahahaha.

Stamblades didn't even "Dominate" non-cp bgs before the proc set nerf. There were overperforming Stamblade builds which utilized proc sets—just as there were Stamplar, MagSorc, StamSorc & StamWarden builds. Stamblade was never at any point "Dominating" these other classes in terms of Damage output, Burst potential or Ease of Use—it was simply the most popular.

Ironically, I don't think you had any experience with these other builds. The Viper/Red mountain/Skoria dual wield StamSorc flurry build—the Viper/RedMountain/Selene Stamplar/StamWarden or the RedMountain MagSorc. Was it easy to Cloak>Incap>Viper>Selene>SA for the kill? Yes it was, and it was just as easy to PotL>Crit Rush>Viper>RedMountain>Dawnbreaker>Reverse Slice. StamWarden with Shalks and the same build? Even better—now you can delete your opponent and his friends at the same time.

Stamblades being the most popular do not correlate with them being the best—nothing works like that. Including this. Let's say they were the best though—you seem to have an obsession with them afterall—there's a distinct difference between something being the best, and that same thing over-performing. A distinction that you're clearly incapable of making.

If I remove everything else you said, and only read this one line—it's the funniest thing I've ever read.
    Edited by SnubbS on September 19, 2017 6:22PM
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Riggsy
    Riggsy
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish there was a way to see, among those clamoring for CP BGs, how many they've played and what was their average score. I have a feeling many of them are scrubs or never played a BG, but feel they can opine about the positives of the CP change.

The "L2P" gibe is humorous considering most veteran BG players are very good, and play well without relying on artificially boosted stats

non-CP = more fair play and build diversity, requires skill and working with less
    CP = play favoring a handful of builds and play-styles, requires less skill to do more
    MMAGA - We Made Medium Armor Great Again
    Evasion: Casting this ability and its morphs now requires that you wear 5 pieces of Medium Armor.

Woe Biden - Mule
    Donald Thump - Mule
    M'aiq Pence - Mule
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    Riggsy wrote: »
    I wish there was a way to see, among those clamoring for CP BGs, how many they've played and what was their average score. I have a feeling many of them are scrubs or never played a BG, but feel they can opine about the positives of the CP change.

The "L2P" gibe is humorous considering most veteran BG players are very good, and play well without relying on artificially boosted stats

non-CP = more fair play and build diversity, requires skill and working with less
    CP = play favoring a handful of builds and play-styles, requires less skill to do more

Its basically ESO in a nutshell. Here we have veteran PVP'ers with 10's or 100's of thousands of kills, and 1000's hours of PVP experience asking for ZOS to continue the path of balanced NON CP BG's. Then we have people who might have a few thousand kills and played maybe 30 BG's asking for CP back because they feel inadequate without the inflated stats. Really is an anomaly.
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Oreyn_Bearclaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Bislobo wrote: »
    That will bring more people into BG's. Some people like to theorycraft builds and CP brings more depth to it, that is why i prefer CP pvp. I will definitely play more BG's next patch.

I strongly disagree - this introduces a ridiculous power gap between high/low CP players, and there is FAR less depth to theory crafting as the CP system severely limits what item sets are viable and makes hybridization less potent. And how about those unkillable build shenanigans?? ZOS is off their damned rocker with this change...

L2P or grind CP like everybody else does. This game has atleast another healthy 2-3 years you can easily get to cp 700 within 6 months.

Plus what can you possibly enjoy in this game with no cp?

You got 1 non cp campaign in cyrodil and you HAD non cp bg.

If thats what brings you to this game you should player another game or level up and enjoy the whole thing.

Wow that was a pretty aggressive leap to L2P. Like most of your posts, you are quick to anger, and you speak as if there is no possibility of another valid point of view contrary to your own. Also, you have no idea how long this game will last.

I have well over cap CP and I already went and L2P, but I will say that I question this change. In Cyro, I do generally prefer CP, but there are certainly very compelling arguments to be made that the balance is better without them. Performance is certainly better without them. Battlegrounds were designed to be fast paced, and removing CP from them certainly enforces that notion. I think BGs are in a pretty good spot right now if I am being honest. The notion of troll tanks (which need CP) gumming up the works is not terribly appealing to me, and the last thing we need is a decrease in performance.

I think the best solution is to give people a choice as to which they want to play.
  • RouDeR
    RouDeR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Ihatenightblades
    @Oreyn_Bearclaw
    Tell me again how Unkillable tanks are dealing no dmg and CP is needed for trolling when if u know what are you doing in NO CP as a real tank (AKA Wardens) you can DESTROY your enemies .
    2JPmjH.jpg
    75wQri.png
    Edited by RouDeR on September 19, 2017 7:53PM
  • LokoMatic
    LokoMatic
    ✭✭✭
    ^ That is insane. And all these people want to add CP :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D
    Harbingers of Death
    Poison Injection
    Cp 910+

• HEBREWHAMMERRR
    HEBREWHAMMERRR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RouDeR wrote: »
    @Ihatenightblades
    Tell me again how Unkillable tanks are dealing no dmg .(AKA Wardens)
    2JPmjH.jpg
    75wQri.png

That's nuts man! I came across a magwarden/tank kicking out similar numbers, are you by chance running the Harbringers set? Thank you for showing some of the madness I've came across in BGs
  • fastolfv_ESO
    fastolfv_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is actually kind of ironic, after the sharpened nerf cp turned into everyone in heavy holding block and noooow they add cp bgs, no cp was so badly designed bgs were dying but they made so many poor changes lately that cp bgs will be just as bad
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well there goes your credibility
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• kargen27
    kargen27
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time . Now I will participate .

I'm betting not for long. Chaos will be a race to see which team can get their tank to the ball first. Once it is grabbed they might as well end the game there because a decent tank with average support from a healer is going to be able to hang on.

Domination will be sprinting around hoping to flip flags quicker than the other teams. Any team that stops to try and kill an opponent will lose.

You might get lucky and have all three teams be PuGs that do not work together. That is your best bet for anything resembling fun.

Should you find yourself in a game where actually trying to kill the enemy is an objective a tank and a Warden spamming his flying rat will dominate.

It will not take long for people to have their fill of battlegrounds.
    and then the parrot said, "must be the water mines green too."
  • Thogard
    Thogard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Are there any good PC BG players that are actually thinking that the CP BGs will be good for BGs? I know some are excited about it - especially Mag DKs - but the general consensus is that this will further divide the good players from the bad
    PC NA - @dazkt - Dazk Ardoonkt / Sir Thogalot / Dask Dragoh’t / Dazk Dragoh’t / El Thogardo

Stream: twitch.tv/THOGARDvsThePeasants
    YouTube: http://youtube.com/c/thogardpvp

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Remove the CP system entirely and come up with an end-game progression system that does not lock a ridiculous amount of power behind a huge grind or divide the ESO community.

I'd enjoy battlegrounds a lot more that way.
  • bubbygink
    bubbygink
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I pretty much agree with what HEBREWHAMMER and LOKO have said in this thread. Both of you are exactly on point.

Just want to add that it is so funny seeing all these zerglings who tried out BGs on day one and got absolutely crushed, who then stopped doing BGs because of that, now be like "oh hey now that CP is enabled I'll actually try BGs again" - as if it was totally the no-CP holding them back all along. If BGs do switch to CP there is going to be another reality check for these players: it isn't the no-CP that is causing you to get wrecked or not be able to make your build work, it's that your used to running over players in a zerg and you can't do that in BGs. It isn't the no-CP that is "limiting your theory crafting" or w/e BS is consistently being spewed. You just aren't that good.

If CP BGs go live I wonder what the next excuse is going to be from these guys? The one positive of actually adding CP to BGs would be to see all these zerglings squirm to come up with a new excuse for why they get crushed in BGs other than the old "well my build doesn't work in no-CP" that they all pull now. As others have said, the BG population would spike at first if CP was added before all these zerglings find that they are still getting wrecked just as bad and go back to their 50 man cyrodiil groups (or their 14 man tower farm group that's "totally not a zerg man!!!11"). And then BGs will be ruined for those of us who actually like the balanced competition. Not to mention the issues it will cause those with low CP.

I implore ZOS to reconsider there position on this and at least offer up some kind of explanation for the potential change- there was no dev note or anything.
    Edited by bubbygink on September 19, 2017 8:49PM