The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cp being added to BG !! ( as of now )

Ihatenightblades
Ihatenightblades
✭✭✭✭✭
Thank you @zos thats all i have to say.

Thank you for listening :)
  • Bislobo
    Bislobo
    ✭✭✭
    That will bring more people into BG's. Some people like to theorycraft builds and CP brings more depth to it, that is why i prefer CP pvp. I will definitely play more BG's next patch.
    Edited by Bislobo on September 18, 2017 11:16PM
    Redguard Dragonknight - Bislobo
    Orc Nightblade - Bislobø
    Redguard Sorcerer - Bisłobo
    Imperial Templar - Bíslobo
    Altmer Sorcerer - Bisløbo
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If only they kept both no cp and cp bgs
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Bislobo wrote: »
    That will bring more people into BG's. Some people like to theorycraft builds and CP brings more depth to it, that is why i prefer CP pvp. I will definitely play more BG's next patch.

I strongly disagree - this introduces a ridiculous power gap between high/low CP players, and there is FAR less depth to theory crafting as the CP system severely limits what item sets are viable and makes hybridization less potent. And how about those unkillable build shenanigans?? ZOS is off their damned rocker with this change...
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    aliyavana wrote: »

Nuh nuh nuh. CP ONLYYYYY
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »

I strongly disagree - this introduces a ridiculous power gap between high/low CP players, and there is FAR less depth to theory crafting as the CP system severely limits what item sets are viable and makes hybridization less potent. And how about those unkillable build shenanigans?? ZOS is off their damned rocker with this change...

L2P or grind CP like everybody else does. This game has atleast another healthy 2-3 years you can easily get to cp 700 within 6 months.

Plus what can you possibly enjoy in this game with no cp?

You got 1 non cp campaign in cyrodil and you HAD non cp bg.

If thats what brings you to this game you should player another game or level up and enjoy the whole thing.
    Edited by Ihatenightblades on September 19, 2017 2:03AM
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuh nuh nuh. CP ONLYYYYY

What's wrong with having no cp? Players might like the balance in no cp better.

L2P or grind CP like everybody else does. This game has atleast another healthy 2-3 years you can easily get to cp 700 within 6 months.

If thats what brings you to this game you should player another game or level up and enjoy the whole thing.

And to that, many prefer no cp because they do not like ppl who have played longer to have a advantage over them and you shouldn't have to grind 600 cps to be on a even playing field. Lower cps can que if they want for for but those that like no cp shouldn't be forced into cps. You asked how we can enjoy no cp? Unkillabe builds and low cp teamates are no fun in cp. By telling us we shouldn't have an optional no cp bg we are forcing low cps to be farmed by you but im sure you wouldnt mind.
    Edited by Aliyavana on September 19, 2017 2:20AM
  • Arkangeloski
    Arkangeloski
    ✭✭✭✭
    Perma blockers siting on flags... ugh
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Deathmatch is being phased out, so we are now going to see BGs consist of unkillable tanks dominating objective game types.

BGs is not worth playing anymore, even though it never really was.
  • Ihatenightblades
    Ihatenightblades
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuh nuh nuh. CP ONLYYYYY

And to that, many prefer no cp because they do not like ppl who have played longer to have a advantage over them and you shouldn't have to grind 600 cps to be on a even playing field. Lower cps can que if they want for for but those that like no cp shouldn't be forced into cps. You asked how we can enjoy no cp? Unkillabe builds and low cp teamates are no fun in cp. By telling us we shouldn't have an optional no cp bg we are forcing low cps to be farmed by you but im sure you wouldnt mind.

Like i said there is only one area in this whole game that forces non cp on you and thats a non cp campaign

If thats not enough for you move to another game its simple. Are you really gonna miss non cp Bg that much?
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuh nuh nuh. CP ONLYYYYY

Like i said there is only one area in this whole game that forces non cp on you and thats a non cp campaign

If thats not enough for you move to another game its simple. Are you really gonna miss non cp Bg that much?

Cyrodil>mindless zerg large scale

Bgs>small scaled so yes

What's bad about having optional no cp bgs? More options are good
  • Brutusmax1mus
    Brutusmax1mus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So all will have cp? Hmm
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The biggest problem with ESO PvP is Damage. Damage isn't high enough in most cases—and it's most definitely not consistent enough. BGs should have a 25k health cap, and disable the use of Heavy Armor. Those two changes would really go a long way towards providing fast-paced gameplay where it's more about dealing & avoding damage, and less about absorbing/healing through damage. I'd even say nerf impen & impreg as well—maybe hardcap crit resist in BGs to 1500.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nothing to do with CP grind, I have been max on CP since less than a month after it was instituted. CP has a completely different balance that favors very specific builds. It does not allow for more customization as so many think, there are only so many stars and diminishing returns set in quite quickly. Since BG's were introduced I have seen far more diverse builds in no CP BG's than I ever saw in Cyrodiil.
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    The biggest problem with ESO PvP is Damage. Damage isn't high enough in most cases—and it's most definitely not consistent enough. BGs should have a 25k health cap, and disable the use of Heavy Armor. Those two changes would really go a long way towards providing fast-paced gameplay where it's more about dealing & avoding damage, and less about absorbing/healing through damage. I'd even say nerf impen & impreg as well—maybe hardcap crit resist in BGs to 1500.

Ahhh yes let's turn bgs into a stam NB heaven well thought out
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Nuh nuh nuh. CP ONLYYYYY

Cyrodil>mindless zerg large scale

Bgs>small scaled so yes

What's bad about having optional no cp bgs? More options are good

I agree... but I'm assuming ZoS sees the numbers of people playing BG's and does not believe it can support a 3-way split.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS should just remove CPs from every type of PvP imo, and then balance it accordingly. What's the point of pvping if there is no even ground? You already have advantage over other players with stuff like:

-Race
    -Gear
    -Consumables
    -Addons
    -CPs

How many crutches do people want?

• raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭

No CP brings a *** ton more depth and diversity to theorycrafting. No experienced theorycrafter would ever suggest otherwise. While CP adds an extra layer to work with, it hugely narrows what is viable, in a big big big way.

I do not understand, ehy we cant just have nice things. Like a non vet, vet no cp and vet cp battlegrounds. Give us choices instead of forcing things on us.
    Edited by raasdal on September 19, 2017 6:16AM
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About time . Now I will participate .
  • Irfind
    Irfind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh with CP, ok so i will never go BG again :/
    I hope they keep non CP BGs as well.
    PC EU no CP PVP
    EP Irfind - Stam NB Dunmer
    EP Iswind - Mag Warden Dunmer
    EP Ko'runa Silberklaue - Mag Temp Khajiit
    EP Eldrid Hagal - Mag DK Dunmer
    EP Feyne R'is - Stam Sorc Dunmer ...with Bow
    EP Wynn Loraethaine - Mag NB Dunmer
    AD Runare Loraethaine - Stam Sorc Altmer
    AD Skadi Hagal - Stam DK Khajiit
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP only? That sucks big time.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I might go back to bgs now bc CPs are enabled
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP only is great...

Except for the fact it now introduces the unkillable DK's and Trollplars to the fray, which no CP actually kept at bay.

So now we are faced with...DK and Trollplar park together, DK chains and talons people permanently, 1 sorc negates, the other typically uses destroy ult and both just spam frags and use twilight to heal the two barely taking any damage.

Going to be very annoying to play if you aren't in a PVP meta group.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Slack
    Slack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes CP BGs add a whole new layer of depth.
    You can go full tankmode without having any Dps loss.
    With only 8 potential opponents, not all of them focusing you at the same time, and the help of your team, you most likely just kill anyone rather fast, who isn't going the tank way or stays in stealth all the time.
    Edited by Slack on September 19, 2017 8:29AM
    PC EU
    Betty Breeze - Magwarden
    Hunts S'hitblades - Stamplar
    Aschavi - Magplar
  • Olupajmibanan
    Olupajmibanan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Everybody who says that adding CP to BGs will increase BG population is a fool. It will TEMPORARILY increase BG population. However, until Q1 2018, BGs will be dead again. You will see.

Because population problem in BGs wasn't caused by CP restriction. It's the game mode itself. A for fun only mode naturaly lose population over time.

What they need to do to keep players playing BGs is adding competition to them. Implementing a ranking system of some sort or changing current leaderboards to work just like trial ones (reflecting player performance and not time played).
    Edited by Olupajmibanan on September 19, 2017 8:35AM
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I never like BG due to it being no CP, but the solution ZOS did now wasn´t a very good move.

Why not have both and being able to que for both??
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My biggest angst over this is as a PvX player I have to constantly respec my CP depending what I am doing each night.

No CP PvP was always nicer because I could just change gear, dive in and have fun. If they really want to break CP into a PvE and PvP split the I will finally get on board with the dual-spec option for it.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
  • Feanor
    Feanor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Turelus

Apart from the play style issues that's another very practical point. It's high time they give us CP allocations we can save and reduce the cost for changing significantly.
    Main characters: Feanor the Believer - AD Altmer mSorc - AR 46 - Flawless Conqueror (PC EU)Idril Arnanor - AD Altmer mSorc - CP 217 - Stormproof (PC NA)Other characters:
    Necrophilius Killgood - DC Imperial NecromancerFearscales - AD Argonian Templar - Stormproof (healer)Draco Imperialis - AD Imperial DK (tank)Cabed Naearamarth - AD Dunmer mDKValirion Willowthorne - AD Bosmer stamBladeTuruna - AD Altmer magBladeKheled Zaram - AD Redguard stamDKKibil Nala - AD Redguard stamSorc - StormproofYavanna Kémentárí - AD Breton magWardenAzog gro-Ghâsh - EP Orc stamWardenVidar Drakenblød - DC Nord mDKMarquis de Peyrac - DC Breton mSorc - StormproofRawlith Khaj'ra - AD Khajiit stamWardenTu'waccah - AD Redguard Stamplar
    All chars 50 @ CP 1700+. Playing and enjoying PvP with RdK mostly on PC EU.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »
    My biggest angst over this is as a PvX player I have to constantly respec my CP depending what I am doing each night.

No CP PvP was always nicer because I could just change gear, dive in and have fun. If they really want to break CP into a PvE and PvP split the I will finally get on board with the dual-spec option for it.

Fair point, now you can end up with respeccing yet another time, BG, Cyro and PVE all in one night. 9k Gold just to play efficiently. Or if you go and run Vmol / AA and the likes of Sanctum and play in Cyro AND want to play a BG it'll be 4 times you have to respec...
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Timeraider
    Timeraider
    ✭✭✭
    I was waiting for this change, finally.
    Feralclaw - EU - AD
    Khajit Warden - Werewolf Warden

Also own:
    lvl 50 Templar PvP Healer (Dunmer)
    2 lvl 50 Magicka Staff / Stamina / Healer Nightblade's (Khajit/Dunmer)
    lvl 50 Magicka Sorcerer (Dunmer)
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Fair point, now you can end up with respeccing yet another time, BG, Cyro and PVE all in one night. 9k Gold just to play efficiently. Or if you go and run Vmol / AA and the likes of Sanctum and play in Cyro AND want to play a BG it'll be 4 times you have to respec...

This is why I have so many mdks I can't be bothered to respect I just log onto another one for cp pvp, non cp pvp and bgs and pve.

Would love a cp save option on xb1 would like to have more then just dks as characters