The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

PC Now Has a Global Auction House

Betheny
Betheny
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
We how have a global auction house on PC - new addon (just found it on Minion) - Nirn Auction House.

Uses COD to automatically send the items once you win, but instead of having to yell in area chat anyone who also uses this can see your stuff. This is basically a global auction house.

Discuss.

*edit* as per title, if you installed the addon make sure you remove it, some results on scanning the files suggest the addon might be dodgy. +UPDATE file now shows 0 threats.

Waiting for addon author to wake up I guess, seems a lot of effort to go to just to get it taken down like 30 mins later. Watch this thread, if there's any update it'll be posted here.

Okay guys - update, the download has been re-enabled, so until I hear otherwise I'm assuming it's okay to enjoy a global auction house.
Edited by Betheny on July 22, 2017 6:49AM
  • Betsararie
    Betsararie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting, all depends on how many people actually use it, but I doubt it will upend the entire guild system, tbh.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The fact that it says "PC only for now is intriguing.
    Edited by Cadbury on July 21, 2017 8:55AM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Ostaradoe
    Ostaradoe
    ✭✭✭
    Will be following this with interest!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I have seen this..needs a few more thousand people using it to gauge how well it works.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Blanco wrote: »
    Interesting, all depends on how many people actually use it, but I doubt it will upend the entire guild system, tbh.

If lots of people use it then we'll all be sorted, definitely will be a useful tool for extra sales if nothing else.
  • FloppyTouch
    FloppyTouch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Pc master race
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Beware: My virus scan is detecting a virus in this addon: Gen:Variant.Zusy.245090

"Gen:Variant.Zusy is a malicious software that once it is executed has the capability of replicating itself and infect other files and programs. These type of malware, called Viruses, can steal hard disk space and memory that slows down or completely halts your PC. It can also corrupt or delete data, erase your hard drive, steal personal information, hijack your screen and spam your contacts to spread itself to other users. Usually, a Virus is received as an attachment on an email or instant message. Gen:Variant.Zusy carries out damaging actions on the affected computer. It captures certain information entered or saved by the user, with the corresponding threat to privacy. It causes the loss of information stored on the computer, either specific files or data in general.

This threat can collect information about your PC and send it to a malicious hacker. The malicious hacker can then tell the worm to do a number of things, including downloading and installing other malware onto your PC. It spreads through removable storage devices, such as floppy disks or USB flash drives, by pretending to be one of your own files that you have put on there."
    Edited by S1ipperyJim on July 21, 2017 9:05AM
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Beware: My virus scan is detecting a virus in this addon: Gen:Variant.Zusy.245090]

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware detect no threats...what antivirus did you use? Probably a false positive.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Somebody just asked the author to expose the two .exe files included with this addon, not willing to use it till the author replies with reassuring words and actions.
  • Miaura
    Miaura
    ✭✭✭
    I use Avast antivirus, it said about the NirnAuctionHouse.exe that it had found "a very rare file" that could be a virus and it needs to investigate it for about 120 mins.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It's either a false positive (the addon needs to connect to a server to connect bids to listings on the auctions) OR the addon author put a hell of a lot of effort into trolling us.

Hoping it's a false positive caused by the code required to make that server connection.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To be able to sell my crap without having to join a guild? A dream that would be.
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Not really. That's just a disclaimer in case ZOS ever gets add-ons working on consoles (which is likely never going to happen due to logistics).
    Edited by MLGProPlayer on July 21, 2017 9:56AM
  • Beardimus
    Beardimus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Kurkikohtaus your concurrent dream come true. Grab some popcorn and Watch the fall of the guild trader system ;)
    Xbox One | EU | EP
    Beardimus : VR16 Dunmer MagSorc [RIP MagDW 2015-2018]
    Emperor of Sotha Sil 02-2018 & Sheogorath 05-2019
    1st Emperor of Ravenwatch
    Alts - - for the Lolz
    Archimus : Bosmer Thief / Archer / Werewolf
    Orcimus : Fat drunk Orc battlefield 1st aider
    Scalimus - Argonian Sorc Healer / Pet master

Fighting small scale with : The SAXON Guild
    Fighting with [PvP] : The Undaunted Wolves
    Trading Guilds : TradersOfNirn | FourSquareTraders

Xbox One | NA | EP
    Bëardimus : L43 Dunmer Magsorc / BG
    Heals-With-Pets : VR16 Argonian Sorc PvP / BG Healer
    Nordimus : VR16 Stamsorc
    Beardimus le 13iem : L30 Dunmer Magsorc Icereach
  • MLGProPlayer
    MLGProPlayer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. Not sure how useful it will actually be in practice, but I like the effort.
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Betheny wrote: »
    Beware: My virus scan is detecting a virus in this addon: Gen:Variant.Zusy.245090]

Windows Defender and Malwarebytes Anti Malware detect no threats...what antivirus did you use? Probably a false positive.

Bitdefender Total Security
  • zaria
    zaria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Not really. That's just a disclaimer in case ZOS ever gets add-ons working on consoles (which is likely never going to happen due to logistics).
    Even if they enable addons this would not work as it use an external executable to communicate with the auction server
    Grinding just make you go in circles.
    Asking ZoS for nerfs is as stupid as asking for close air support from the death star.
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Bitdefender Total Security

Waiting for the addon author to make soothing sounds about the files that connect to his server, so we can get back to being excited about this thing again.

It's likely a false positive, only a very few antivirus/malware apps detect anything there.
    Edited by Betheny on July 21, 2017 10:05AM
  • SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is an old Khajiiti saying. If the promise of a great fish banquet sounds too good to believe then there are probably guards waiting for you at dinner.

Proceed with caution fellow travellers.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an old Khajiiti saying

Soon as the addon author gets back to the community on Minion I'll be adopting the hell out of this addon.

*I just realised what Santie claus reminds me of - it's like reading a khajiit fortune cookie.
    Edited by Betheny on July 21, 2017 10:14AM
  • QUEZ420
    QUEZ420
    ✭✭✭✭
    I cringe whenever I read his posts. That RP life tho lulz...
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QUEZ420 wrote: »

Actually does it very well. Cringe away. Vast community population loves our dear Santie.

OT if this add on makes our toons automatically cod stuff isn't this open to us being robbed blind?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    QUEZ420 wrote: »

Actually does it very well. Cringe away. Vast community population loves our dear Santie.

OT if this add on makes our toons automatically cod stuff isn't this open to us being robbed blind?

No you have to manually click a button for the addon to COD the items you listed...so it's the same as any COD order.

If this addon is legit it'll be awesome.
  • dsalter
    dsalter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There is an old Khajiiti saying. If the promise of a great fish banquet sounds too good to believe then there are probably guards waiting for you at dinner.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

since when did santy have a picture change? o.o
    PLEASE REPLY TO ME WITH @dsalter otherwise i'm likely to miss the reply if its not my own thread

EU - [Arch Mage Dave] Altmer Sorcerer
    Fight back at the crates and boxes, together we can change things.

• SantieClaws
    SantieClaws
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

All the Community Ambassadors now have a new image of their own yes. So crowded it became in that lighthouse. With the snoring and the yarn going missing and someone always turning the lights off. Also the elves smelt like musty old books.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws
    Shunrr's Skooma Oasis - The Movie. A housing video like no other ...
    Find it here - https://youtube.com/user/wenxue2222

Clan Claws - now recruiting khajiit and like minded others for parties, fishing and other khajiit stuff. Contact this one for an invite.

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    dsalter wrote: »

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

All the Community Ambassadors now have a new image of their own yes. So crowded it became in that lighthouse. With the snoring and the yarn going missing and someone always turning the lights off. Also the elves smelt like musty old books.

Yours with paws
    Santie Claws

You should get it changed to a picture of a khajiit fortune cookie...
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, it seems like the addon currently is on hold and it isn't possible to download it anymore.

Running some weird executables downloaded from some fancy sites is mostly a pretty stupid idea.

The author should provide the source code and everything that is need to compile it yourself as even having the source code won't tell you what the actual binary is doing.

Furthermore, even if it is clean and not an issue, this might be a ToS violation.

Anyway, someone at esuoi posted the following links:
    https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/f0a0c211f9daccffde4a441a606f7ed02d4ce7b0953b5fe0514eb0335a39e8d6/analysis/

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5af028a97377609e58e88a1115dd8d76e3ac873c24ac66b558bd3a26cd28f485/analysis/1500628331/

So some virus scanners consider these files malicious. It might be a false positive. Anyway, at the current moment I personally wouldn't touch this addon.

We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Betheny
    Betheny
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyway, someone at esuoi posted the following links:
    https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/f0a0c211f9daccffde4a441a606f7ed02d4ce7b0953b5fe0514eb0335a39e8d6/analysis/

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5af028a97377609e58e88a1115dd8d76e3ac873c24ac66b558bd3a26cd28f485/analysis/1500628331/

So some virus scanners consider these files malicious. It might be a false positive. Anyway, at the current moment I personally wouldn't touch this addon.

I wouldn't touch it either right now (not that you can anyway) - not till the addon author comes back and clears it all up. My guess is it's a false positive, the only antivirus apps showing anything are the fringey crappy ones anyway.

Though if this isn't legit I'm going to be angry, it's such a good idea.
  • Darlgon
    Darlgon
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Saying Windows Defender didnt detect it is like saying a day one med student didnt not diagnose brain cancer. That program has been trash since MS bought it at Walmart.

If you dont have the pay version of Malwarebytes, it only protects you when you use it to scan. Do you have the pay version, that includes the active protection? If not, it also is useless as a reference.

Always remember, if its free, you get the protection you paid for. And, yes, I use Vipre (paid) along side Spybot (free) and Malwarebytes (free). I scan with the other two once a week to make sure nothing got thru accidentally.
    Edited by Darlgon on July 21, 2017 11:30AM
    Power level to CP160 in a week:
    Where is the end game? You just played it.
    Why don't I have 300+ skill points? Because you skipped content along the way.
    Where is new content? Sigh.
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Interesting idea. Not sure how useful it will actually be in practice, but I like the effort.

Agreed. If it works it's likely to be as useful as TTC or MM.
This discussion has been closed.