The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
· [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

PC Now Has a Global Auction House

• sirinsidiator
    sirinsidiator
    ✭✭✭✭
    kargen27 wrote: »
    Betheny wrote: »
    This better be legit, would be great to see the trade guilds lose their control over us.
    You are quite mistaken. If we ever got a global auction house built into the game, you can be sure that trading guilds will have absolute control over the prices unlike how it works right now.

Yea, no. They wouldn't be able to keep up with the supply.

Maybe not on fish and Ta. The more rare the item though and the easier it is for just three or four people to control the price.

Exactly. It is not about the cheap stuff with infinite supply. You can be sure that prices on nirncrux, golden tempers, motifs, recipes, rare jewelry, sought-after equipment etc. would be several times of what they are now...
    https://www.imperialtradingcompany.eu/ - My Addons - The Vault (Early updates and experimental projects) - My patreon - My blog
    Options
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    This better be legit, would be great to see the trade guilds lose their control over us.
    You are quite mistaken. If we ever got a global auction house built into the game, you can be sure that trading guilds will have absolute control over the prices unlike how it works right now.

Maybe not on fish and Ta. The more rare the item though and the easier it is for just three or four people to control the price.

Exactly. It is not about the cheap stuff with infinite supply. You can be sure that prices on nirncrux, golden tempers, motifs, recipes, rare jewelry, sought-after equipment etc. would be several times of what they are now...

Only if people paid those prices.
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    faerigirl wrote: »

Which they would.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It would be interesting to know if ZoS supports the idea of an addon working as an auction house... maybe Miat should be able to create a Baandari auction house
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »

Which they would.

Then the price would increase naturally, irrespective of the mode which it was being sold.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The most telling thing is how much we were hoping this would work...shows how bad the current trade system is.

Considering the number of players who frequent the forums and the small number that have posted in this thread it merely says some players would like something different.
    Options
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    The most telling thing is how much we were hoping this would work...shows how bad the current trade system is.

Considering the number of players who frequent the forums and the small number that have posted in this thread it merely says some players would like something different.

I think you are right.

I really don't think that people would be too fussed over not having a global AH if the traders had better search abilities.

One of the main frustrations, IMO of course, is that TTC doesn't work very well (slow to update) and you go to some far flung trader just to find out the item you wanted is gone.

If we could have the traders remain but have the functionality of the addon I don't think we would see another 'AH" thread.

Search, purchase and COD it to buyer all from the bank (or wherever, you guys think of something). Perfect.
    Options
  • Stormshaper
    Stormshaper
    ✭✭✭
    All potential issues with this addon aside, just want to say thanks to the individual(s) responsible for both Master Merchant and Tamriel Trade Centre. I use and have come to heavily rely on both of them a lot.
    Options
  • FWSWBN
    FWSWBN
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyway, someone at esuoi posted the following links:
    https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/f0a0c211f9daccffde4a441a606f7ed02d4ce7b0953b5fe0514eb0335a39e8d6/analysis/

https://www.virustotal.com/de/file/5af028a97377609e58e88a1115dd8d76e3ac873c24ac66b558bd3a26cd28f485/analysis/1500628331/

So some virus scanners consider these files malicious. It might be a false positive. Anyway, at the current moment I personally wouldn't touch this addon.

I post it :wink:
    Allways check .exe files in such container.....many times they false postive sometimes not...
    Also the Author is really new to esoui and uploaded only one addon....so....I am personally carefull.

Signatur? brauche ich nicht ^^
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Still not ready to burn the witch, really seems like he went to a massive amount of effort to put thing together if it was going to be found out as dodgy. Maybe he'll come back and clear it all up yet.

For people looking to spread malware for their own gains, it is not really /that/ much effort if you know what you are doing. This would have been a great way for a bad person to gain access to a lot of people's ESO accounts had they used the exe to push a keylogger, and a great way to do even more harm in other areas had they been so inclined.

That's how a lot of virus/malware/ransomware gets spread, take advantage of folks who think they are being helped.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • silvereyes
    silvereyes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    It would be interesting to know if ZoS supports the idea of an addon working as an auction house... maybe Miat should be able to create a Baandari auction house
    Well, this is what the TOS say (emphasis mine):
    You agree not to use any hardware or software or any other method of support that is not authorized by ZeniMax or that may in any way influence or advantage Your playing abilities, or influence or advantage Your use of the Services. Third party tools, the use of "bots", "speed hacks", "deep-link", "page-scrape", "robot", "spider", algorithms or other programs that copy or monitor any part of the Services (including, but not limited to, the Game(s) and/or forums), software that transmits, manipulates, or distributes (including, but are limited to, "mirroring") the data stream or any aspect of the Services to another computer, server websites or other publication or distribution media, or software that permits You to use Services without human input are examples of methods not authorized by ZeniMax.
    If ZOS wanted to crack down on third-party auction house services like TTC and this new Nirn auction house, all they would need to do is reference the above TOS clause. But the fact that the clause exists isn't really enough to tell us how ZOS feels about these services. It's such a broad clause that it's effectively a blank check for ZOS to do whatever they want to censor people.

My guess is that while ZOS might not actively endorse such services, it would be too much hassle to send out cease and desist letters to shut them down.
    Options
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are right.

I really don't think that people would be too fussed over not having a global AH if the traders had better search abilities.

One of the main frustrations, IMO of course, is that TTC doesn't work very well (slow to update) and you go to some far flung trader just to find out the item you wanted is gone.

If we could have the traders remain but have the functionality of the addon I don't think we would see another 'AH" thread.

Search, purchase and COD it to buyer all from the bank (or wherever, you guys think of something). Perfect.

The addon was for player to player sales. Not the traditional by system. Really think someone is going to wait for you to come online or finish that raid (your raid team is certainly not going to wait on you to send the CoD if they are trying for a score).

It's also CoD. Trolls will come out and tie up some players goods for a few days until the mail is sent back to the sender.
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Some legit/trusted author should steal this idea. I would prefer it over being limited by traders.
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Tandor
    Tandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are right.

Fixing the search issue would help the buyers find things more easily, but wouldn't address the fundamental problem of the trading system having been designed around limiting the number of sellers it caters for and then only with the use of addons which aren't available to console players.

Options
  • S1ipperyJim
    S1ipperyJim
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't touch it either right now (not that you can anyway) - not till the addon author comes back and clears it all up. My guess is it's a false positive, the only antivirus apps showing anything are the fringey crappy ones anyway.

Bitdefender, which detects an issue is well know to be one of the best antivirus out there:

https://antivirusprotection.reviews/best-antivirus/
    Options
  • SteveCampsOut
    SteveCampsOut
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    QUEZ420 wrote: »
    I cringe whenever I read his posts. That RP life tho lulz...

I don't personally RP myself but I Love Santi Claws posts!
    @ֆȶɛʋɛƈǟʍքֆօʊȶ ʀʋʟɨʄɛ⍟
    Sanguine & Psijic Group Beta Tester.
    Steve's Craftiness Find out what I can make for you at my Google Doc Spreadsheet.
    Pacrooti's Hirelings Website:
    pacrootis.enjin.com/

NA Server:
    Steforax Soulstrong CH782 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH782 Dragonknight AD
    Rheticia Le Drakisius CH782 Nightblade DC
    Razmuzan Thrasmas CH782 Templar EP
    Sheenara Soulstrong CH782 Dragonknight DC
    Erik Ramzey CH782 Nightblade AD
    Growling Kahjiti CH782 Nightblade EP
    One of Many Faces CH782 Sorcerer DC
    Grumpasaurus Rex CH782 Warden DC
    EU Server:
    Guildmaster of Pacrooti's Hirelings AD Based LGBT Friendly Guild.
    Stefrex Souliss CH701 Sorcerer AD
    Grumpy Kahjiti CH701 Dragonknight DC
    Slithisi Ksissi CH701 Nightblade EP
    Pokes-With-Fire CH701 Dragonknight AD
    Josie-The-Pussi-Cat CH701 Templar AD
    Stug-Grog M'God CH701 Templar DC
    One With Many Faces CH701 Nightblade DC
    Trixie Truskan CH701 Sorcerer EP
    Grumpetasaurus Rex CH701 Warden EP
    ESO Plus status: Canceled!
    Options
  • esotoon
    esotoon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    silvereyes wrote: »
    If ZOS wanted to crack down on third-party auction house services like TTC and this new Nirn auction house, all they would need to do is reference the above TOS clause. But the fact that the clause exists isn't really enough to tell us how ZOS feels about these services. It's such a broad clause that it's effectively a blank check for ZOS to do whatever they want to censor people.

My guess is that while ZOS might not actively endorse such services, it would be too much hassle to send out cease and desist letters to shut them down.

I would imagine that they would view this add-on differently to TTC and MM. In this case players would be bypassing the guild trader system. Part of that system is the 'tax' that gets deducted from the sale. This is a gold sink, and is designed to keep inflation under control. In other words, a pretty vital part of the in game economy.
    Options
  • Anne_Firehawk
    Anne_Firehawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like a *** addon.
    Anne Firehawk | Legate | Bringer of Light | Voice of Reason | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Magicka DK forever
    GUAR SQUAD OP
    All Hardmodes done, WTB content.
    Cancercrates are ruining the game

DD | Phoenix Reborn
    GM | Tamriels Emporium

#permabanAPFlippers
    Options
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭

I think you are right.

The addon was for player to player sales. Not the traditional by system. Really think someone is going to wait for you to come online or finish that raid (your raid team is certainly not going to wait on you to send the CoD if they are trying for a score).

It's also CoD. Trolls will come out and tie up some players goods for a few days until the mail is sent back to the sender.

Way to rain on my parade dude.

Just kidding. OK I always forget that people will be total tools.

This is why we can't have nice things.
    Options
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will monitor this addon's development. It's a great idea, but also a very risky one to try.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I think you are right.

Way to rain on my parade dude.

Just kidding. OK I always forget that people will be total tools.

This is why we can't have nice things.

Can't have a fantasy game without trolls :p
    Edited by Cadbury on July 21, 2017 5:54PM
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
    Options
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

C'mon, this is like saying that you hate Tom Hanks. I can only imagine your comment on Reddit with the ensuing down votes.

Lots of people in Thornblade used to say "I hate Tom Hanks".
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Drachenfier
    Drachenfier
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    He's being pretty open about it
    Options
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hope it turns out to be legit for you guys.

Options
  • faerigirl
    faerigirl
    ✭✭✭✭
    ovinnik wrote: »

@DRXHarbinger is that the information you needed?
    Options
  • blnchk
    blnchk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    Hope it turns out to be legit for you guys.

Hope dies last, I suppose. Or first. Mostly first.
    Options
  • Vipstaakki
    Vipstaakki
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I knew something about this was fishy. This is the perfect bait for the poor sods that don't want to use the guild traders and then use the updater to give you either Memz, Satana or Wannacry
    Options
  • Nyghthowler
    Nyghthowler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For what it's worth I downloaded it and did a full scan with Malwarebytes. It found zero infections.
    I'm not prejudiced; I hate everyone equally !
    Options
  • olivesforge
    olivesforge
    ✭✭✭✭

C'mon, this is like saying that you hate Tom Hanks. I can only imagine your comment on Reddit with the ensuing down votes.

e5bfec76fc86af4e55ffc7104a5e6aa99c5c9f55db6234b5a91035107eeeec4d.jpg
    PCNA | Aldmeri Dominion
    OlivesForge / Swiss Army Templar | Twink of Insanity / Gankblade | Olivesisnotonfire / Annoying Sorc | E. Angus / Magicka Pigeon-Thrower | K. Angus / Stamina Pigeon-Thrower
    Personage of note in:
    Dominant Dominion | Ethereal Traders Union | Knights of the Istari | CoC | Cyrodiil FG
    Options
This discussion has been closed.