Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AD held it's own last night ... we maxed our group at 8 last night and logged last night with all but two emp keeps taken and red pushed way back.... but I'm sure they pushed back quickliy
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Yes. Despite the mismatch in numbers, for much of the evening the map was reasonably balanced. There was no emp on the field and no one faction had all the scroll and emp buffs. No faction got double-teamed; every faction had periods of offense and defense. AD was the only one who had a tri-keep pushed and we still had emp at the time. For Shor, that's pretty damn good.

I agree its good for Shor, typically - but im going to maintain it wasnt very evenly matched. evidence of the simultaneous 4 keep burst of Ales + Chal + Alessia + BRK - coordinated or not, given DC's numbers, this was pretty devastating. Fengrush had 6 plus 2 surfers, Requiem had 9, if he had stayed around, the emp push wouldve ended there. but he was gone as soon as he got there just about. in fact, if any other 6-10 man DC group was on the emp push would've been complete. I think that speaks volumes for what DC were able to accomplish versus the 2 bar populations of the other two factions.

As for the teabags, I'm only aware of one incident and I gave the person a lot of crap for it; it was uncalled for. Young men will sometimes be young.
    Just a little disappointing, really.

Grats to your guildie; he worked hard for it.
    Thank you, I'll pass this along.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There were basically 2 AD groups last night ours was about 5 to 8 closer to 5 by 10pm.. We ran into Fengrush at BRK with a group of 5 it was not a close fight lol ... most of us were on alts last night but I'm pretty sure thats not why we wiped lol...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    very fun time last night on the AD side ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I blame @Lord_Hev for all the overload sorcs :D
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Last night's Alessia defense was a ton of fun with one DC group and 3 distinct EP groups attacking; with none of them coordinating. Hence the 13k tick. :D Sure, sure could have pvdoored 3 keeps for that AP. This was a lot more fun than left clicking siege.

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus Requiem was the only DC on last night. you got that tick because Darkest Requiem showed up and we had to defend Aleswell. and no your overloads were not fun. lol im just playin, but seriously it was some of the best pvp i've had. i know i said that recently, but last night topped it. I told my group, i said i felt like last ngiht we just "clicked" everyone played tight, there was lots of movement, and we held our own on multiple fronts multiple times.

I really enjoyed it all guys, thanks.

side note: i was told tonight that there would be a prominent DC guild move to the server and to "expect TM and Hack to move over as well"

is that good or bad for Shor? does that mean Shor is coming to the big leagues?
    Edited by Rickter on August 10, 2017 2:39AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lots of puppy dogs tonight.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @NBrookus Requiem was the only DC on last night. you got that tick because Darkest Requiem showed up and we had to defend Aleswell. and no your overloads were not fun. lol im just playin, but seriously it was some of the best pvp i've had. i know i said that recently, but last night topped it. I told my group, i said i felt like last ngiht we just "clicked" everyone played tight, there was lots of movement, and we held our own on multiple fronts multiple times.

I really enjoyed it all guys, thanks.

side note: i was told tonight that there would be a prominent DC guild move to the server and to "expect TM and Hack to move over as well"

is that good or bad for Shor? does that mean Shor is coming to the big leagues?

Getting gap closed spammed and jesus beamed by all of you at once isn't fun either. :p It seems outrageously unfair that one of you started running total dark.

For the record, I was a DW max magicka sorc on DC when all I knew of Lord_Hev was that he was this infuriating teabagger that nearly always slaughtered me. While the overload build certainly has its moments, I'll probably reluctantly go destro next patch. Less feeding the beast and fewer hard counters, but it feels so #basic.

I don't know if DR was testing the waters or what, but I hope they don't come to Shor without at least one AD and ideally two DC guilds to balance out. I think that might be a good point where there's reliable action going on but it's still fairly small scale.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus DR said they were only there because sotha was getting zerged.

And yeah our healer slotted total dark because honestly, A LOT of AD seemed to be using overload but the main issue was the AD emperor who was doing 21k light attack overloads. We were getting two shot on siege. So we had to do something. Nothing personal i promise.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics the werewolves are a guild called <Scourge Alliance> that typically mobilizes on Wednesdays. But their GM @Chrlynsch (Caius Whitefang) pvps quite regularly and has one of the most devastating werewolf stamplars ive ever seen.

I watched a stream of Fengrush were even Essa warned the group of Caius. He took on Fengrush's allstar group as well as ravaging mine all by himself. I consider him a friend and i respect the efforts he puts in to having the wolves out there in their RP glory every wednesday.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and who is "Hack" ?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭

I don't know if DR was testing the waters or what, but I hope they don't come to Shor without at least one AD and ideally two DC guilds to balance out. I think that might be a good point where there's reliable action going on but it's still fairly small scale.

We were guesting the campaign that night and I think at the most we still had a lot less than 10 with us. Of course if Shor can get enough action on it we will consider re-homeing the guild but I personally will not contribute to a purely Red map, it would just be to boring and kill pvp on that server. You may see us guesting there more often as we saw more DC guilds have started showing back up on Sotha. It wouldn't be so bad but they move as a faction and there are nights we can't even take a resource (I mean litterly can't get the flags flipped) without what seems like all of DC showing up with the emp group. What I still will never understand is why would guilds of any faction want to constantly play like that? Fights 20+ vs 5 can't be fun and the AP must suck. I am being conservative in that number since I counted that many on my body alone at one piont
    and there were more on the second and third story.
    Edited by Dutchessx on August 10, 2017 2:14PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dutchessx I know DR has been fighting the good fight in Sotha Sil. I wouldn't blame you for leaving the cesspit of Sotha Sil -- I did -- but if DR homed Shor it would be a solid red map. The only reason EP is held in check during prime time despite their superior numbers is because so many of them are very farmable.

If only some of those DC would outgrow their safety blanket and come to Shor!

@Kartalin Any comment on the rumor TM is coming to Shor?
    Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics the werewolves are a guild called <Scourge Alliance> that typically mobilizes on Wednesdays. But their GM @Chrlynsch (Caius Whitefang) pvps quite regularly and has one of the most devastating werewolf stamplars ive ever seen.

I watched a stream of Fengrush were even Essa warned the group of Caius. He took on Fengrush's allstar group as well as ravaging mine all by himself. I consider him a friend and i respect the efforts he puts in to having the wolves out there in their RP glory every wednesday.

Hmmm. I killed Caius and another doggy once myself, and then my group and I fought parts of their group a few times and came out victorious. We also got run over by the whole pack a few times... There were so many. lol His build is brutal, but he still has all the typical werewolf weaknesses.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Dutchessx I know DR has been fighting the good fight in Sotha Sil. I wouldn't blame you for leaving the cesspit of Sotha Sil -- I did -- but if DR homed Shor it would be a solid red map. The only reason EP is held in check during prime time despite their superior numbers is because so many of them are very farmable.

Hence we are only guesting...
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whoa whoa whoa @NBrookus i said i was told "to expect TM to move" due to a major DC guild making the move. that DC guild is Legions of Mordor. So there is no official TM source for this.

The guy was just saying, "hey we're moving over so expect these guys to also" Next time i'll just keep that to myself.

In any case, LoM would be more than enough for the AD/EP that are on the server right now. DR moving over would make it an even match imho.

I had 13 in my group last night. LoM had 12. Thats enough to push a map. Plus you can expect some familiar faces that zerg surf LoM to show up as well i am sure.

but ultimately this is all hypothetical. The only thing I know for sure is LoM has committed to the server from what I was told last night. Thats a big win imo for DC. Requiem was the only medium-large representation out there. We need the help if we want to push objectives.
    Hmmm. I killed Caius and another doggy once myself, and then my group and I fought parts of their group a few times and came out victorious. We also got run over by the whole pack a few times... There were so many. lol His build is brutal, but he still has all the typical werewolf weaknesses.

oh yeah for sure. I was just saying he had a tough build and hes a good guy.
    Edited by Rickter on August 10, 2017 3:19PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭

Regardless of other faction guild moves we will be staying on Sotha. However we have been toying with doing some non Sotha nights on Shor.
    Marek
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think it would be amazing to show up to a map that wasn't painted all one color and PVP. Sotha is getting stale because it seems we push back and dethrone blue each evening we run, and afterwards one of two things happens: 1) they disappear, or 2) they refuse to fight our group in spite of having greater numbers and instead prefer to pvdoor a more southern keep.

We've talked about guesting on Shor but the fear is we'd shift the balance too far to AD's favor. Honestly Vivec might be the best option but we're not fans of the lag.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no large AD guilds on Shore just small to medium size groups ... We have been active the last week but most of the time we are in the 5 to 6 man group size occasionally jumping to 8 to 9... But we are also casual players we do not optimize our groups nor do we call out assists like we should... We all did that crap 15 years ago on DAOC on the 8 man scene ...We are all much older now with some of us over 50 :) No reason get like that again..

Tuesday was awsome night for us Wed was a little rough only half the AP we usually get ... Fengrush and his small group came and we just cant compete with those guys with out optimizing and getting really serious which we do not want to do, and that would still probably lead to the same result lol.... we prefer the carefree gameplay and fun times in TS..

If a large Red guild comes into play and a large Blue showed with Fengrush as a small man ... Yellow would be hurting bad imo...That would require an AD large guild then the destro-trains arrive and so does lag... If larger guilds do come I hope they resist the urge to create z ergs and spread out..

I would really like this server to stay smaller style gameplay with out 24 in one group there is no need to run like that... I like smaller communities that are here ... I like fighting people that don't get all ass hurt when they die.. I like sending Rickter a message after a fight saying good fight...I like recognizing the kills and who you kill...

Last night fighting fengrush was not fun at all lol .. it's not fun wiping to the same group but that's PVP.. They are just like everyone else having fun ... I do like one thing about those guys they run small groups thus promoting small scale from what i see. That group will show u how much of an impact they have on the overall fighting of a server .. Why do you need 24 when you can accomplish so much with a smaller setup...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I think it would be amazing to show up to a map that wasn't painted all one color and PVP. Sotha is getting stale because it seems we push back and dethrone blue each evening we run, and afterwards one of two things happens: 1) they disappear, or 2) they refuse to fight our group in spite of having greater numbers and instead prefer to pvdoor a more southern keep.

We've talked about guesting on Shor but the fear is we'd shift the balance too far to AD's favor. Honestly Vivec might be the best option but we're not fans of the lag.

Don't count Shore totally out it comes to life very quickly after 6pm and stays good in to about 12am est... Just stay as a guest bring about 8 to 12 in and have fun...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We tend to average around 12-16 lately, pushing as high as 20 on an active evening, but definitely not counting it out yet.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Durham correct me if im wrong but AD certainly has a few guilds bolstering the faction.

<RUIN GAMING> - 10-18
    <DEAD WAIT> - 4 -10
    <For Real> - 5-15

to name a few.

DC has:

<Requiem> 4-15
    <Legions of Mordor> 12-24 (still tentative, will reach out to Ruth, Palee, or Dopem tonight to confirm)

EP has:

<Vae Victus> 5-20
    <Dreadlords> - 8-24
    EDIT: <Legion of Lords>
    EDIT: <GTFO>

I was able to confim that Cristo's DC guild, <Senato Leones> moved to Vivec.

<Legions of Mordor> would level the current playing field. Fengrush and his unit of All Star PvP Legends with the likes of Essa Kh, Fengrush, Reddington James, Mograine and ~Atmosphere is a force to reckon with all on its own but despite it being their second time on the server as of last night, their presence isnt guaranteed.

Guys, this is Shor. it IS competitive. it IS shaping up to everything I said it wasnt going to be. And I am proud to have supported the server with my guild's Daggerfall representation since its birth.

EDIT: I do apologize for the lack of small scale representation - Qaevir, Brookus, and yes, Kena you guys all contribute quite a bit.
    Edited by Rickter on August 10, 2017 6:30PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So here is what I know of the current presence in Shor in prime time. I'm just gonna assume off-peak map flipping for emp achieves is going to happen.

DC (1 bar)
    Requiem 6-12
    Chaos Crew 2-4 (MIA)
    Legion XIII 1-4
    Typical count of randoms/soloers: ~0
    Groups/tabards occasionally spotted but not homed: LoM, KHole, Fengrush & fanboy brigade, LoDG
    Summary: DC has one consistent mid-sized guild but suffers from lack of pugs and reliable backup.

AD (1 bar)
    Dead Wait 3-8
    Real 2-3?
    Malicious Lemontarts 2-4 (no tabard usually)
    Typical count of randoms/soloers: ~12
    Groups/tabards occasionally spotted but not homed: Ruin, DIG
    Summary: AD has no mid-sized guild; the ones they have are more like soloers that play together. Has the best pugs when you can get them in the right place but could use a pug herder.

EP (2 bars)
    Dreadlords ~12?
    GTFO 2-3?
    Legion of Lords ?
    Typical count of randoms/soloers: ~20
    Groups/tabards occasionally spotted but not homed: Vae Victus/RnR, DR
    Summary: Largest numbers, but very little organization.

Corrections/changes welcome. I feel like I'm missing an EP guild but can't put my finger on it. If DC gains LoM that gives them a second mid-sized guild and I'd expect DC to pretty much own the map and start attracting pugs. Which if nothing else might be an interesting change of scenery. :D
    Edited by NBrookus on August 10, 2017 6:30PM
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes <Legion of Lords> for EP and GTFO definitely. I numbered <For Real> a lot more than you did Brookus. I dont think ive run into a 2-4 man group of them.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I see we had the same idea.

For Real is usually 2 players (She's Jade and Kayine) and sometime they pick up a pug or two.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    youre numbers are far more conservative than mine. Last night, The EP emp group was at Chalman defending against AD and Fengrush but my Miat's detected 16 EP at Arrius defending against me and LoM - so they must have a helluva pug wrangler.

and yes we had the same idea. @Crispen_Longbow would be so proud of us
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and for the record @Claire and <Chaos Crew> were out there last night, at least 3 of them
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Soul_Demon
    Soul_Demon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Durham correct me if im wrong but AD certainly has a few guilds bolstering the faction.

<RUIN GAMING> - 10-18
    <DEAD WAIT> - 4 -10
    <For Real> - 5-15

to name a few.

DC has:

<Requiem> 4-15
    <Legions of Mordor> 12-24 (still tentative, will reach out to Ruth, Palee, or Dopem tonight to confirm)

EP has:

<Vae Victus> 5-20
    <Dreadlords> - 8-24
    EDIT: <Legion of Lords>
    EDIT: <GTFO>

I was able to confim that Cristo's DC guild, <Senato Leones> moved to Vivec.

<Legions of Mordor> would level the current playing field. Fengrush and his unit of All Star PvP Legends with the likes of Essa Kh, Fengrush, Reddington James, Mograine and ~Atmosphere is a force to reckon with all on its own but despite it being their second time on the server as of last night, their presence isnt guaranteed.

Guys, this is Shor. it IS competitive. it IS shaping up to everything I said it wasnt going to be. And I am proud to have supported the server with my guild's Daggerfall representation since its birth.

EDIT: I do apologize for the lack of small scale representation - Qaevir, Brookus, and yes, Kena you guys all contribute quite a bit.

VV is not on Shor and hasn't been since the guesting over there for the event. Just FYI-
    Edited by Soul_Demon on August 10, 2017 6:45PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ah yes <Legion of Lords> for EP and GTFO definitely. I numbered <For Real> a lot more than you did Brookus. I dont think ive run into a 2-4 man group of them.

I run into She's Jade and Kayine out just the two of them or with one or two others all the time, and I've never seen more than those two wearing tabards. You might be counting pugs in the right place rather than guild members?

I honestly don't know how big Legion of Lords is. They always seem to be in a sizable group but only a handful of tabards.

And I did go more conservative and went with what people usually run and do so consistently. There will always be ups and downs and wild cards. For example, I've seen Dreadlords with 65... but that's not "normal." And Ruin has only run one night this week unless they were on last night when I was gone.
    Options