The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would it be possible not to camp the boarder keeps while solo' s and duo try to re-establish the alliance ...

Just wondering..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • ganzaeso
    ganzaeso
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'll probably be back in Shor this week or the next.
    (Math before coffee, except after 3, is not for me)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Whatever happened last night, Requiem is the only one that routinely runs a group that size; if there were other mid-sized groups, it'd be a lot more interesting. Requiem has been good for DC and I hope you stay.

I appreciate the kind words.

and I believe Durham has provided some insight. this is the first week of the DLC and a rather large patch with the major mundus and weapon trait changes.

Honestly im just disappointed that players are choosing to emp flip etc when we have this down time.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    Whatever happened last night, Requiem is the only one that routinely runs a group that size; if there were other mid-sized groups, it'd be a lot more interesting. Requiem has been good for DC and I hope you stay.
    Honestly im just disappointed that players are choosing to emp flip etc when we have this down time.
    But are you surprised?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Can't emp flip if AD/DC refuses to dethrone.

It's satisfying to dethrone, but long term we are probably better off if we refuse to enable it.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Would it be possible not to camp the boarder keeps while solo' s and duo try to re-establish the alliance ...

Just wondering..

Apparently not.

ZmDibhw.jpg
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was one step ahead of you @NBrookus
    no_emp_flip.JPG

With that being said, we are pushing for emp right now because since the time i wrote that, one of my guildies pushed to number 1 :P
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well damn, ya'll need to take back all you said about Shor:

Requiem had 11
    EP had a 10 man guild called <Stormblade>
    AD had a 13 man guild called <Shogunate>

Had some really good fights with stormblade. had maybe a dozen exchanges. good folks, no teabagging

Shogunate was a lot different. Well organized, and well coordinated. We only had two fights with them that ended with us totally out classed and a bit out gunned. I wish we had more fights to gauge things a little better but we were focusing on BRK as AD (again) took the western part of the map. #TeamOrange

At least Shor saw the dethrone when AD finally decided Alessia should be yellow instead of red, of course this was after they took Ash.

overall, very good night of evenly matched pvp. I still think there needs to be another 6-10 man DC guild because fighting two fronts every night puts a lot of stress on one faction.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I was one step ahead of you @NBrookus
    no_emp_flip.JPG

With that being said, we are pushing for emp right now because since the time i wrote that, one of my guildies pushed to number 1 :P

And so the emp flip cycle continues, because it's not flipping emp if it's someone you know? :/

• NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Vivec is not pop locked for long during weekday prime time, and doesn't even reach locks on some evenings. I don't think we can expect much out of Shor or any other campaign at the moment. There simply aren't enough people PvPing right now.

In all of North and South America, there are perhaps a couple hundred people PvPing in Vivec on some evenings.

:sleepy:
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And so the emp flip cycle continues, because it's not flipping emp if it's someone you know? :/

I understand what youre saying, but there is a matter of those that will continue to abuse the cycle and those that will not. My guildies would defend the title and not abdicate the throne or collude with opposing factions to get them "their turn".

Its a pretty huge difference.

In any case, the server was competitive at prime time and there currently is no emperor unless AD has something to say about it.

and yeah @NightbladeMechanics i agree. They really need to close some servers which i have no doubt they will. I think they are just trying to figure out the line of code to fix perma emp.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wow, and there's an EP emp overnight? Surprise!

No one was colluding to emp flip between AD and EP before, the two factions just enabled each other. You can only defend until you log out for the night.

I wish you luck in Shor; I'll be rehoming Vivec. Frustration at starting every pvp session clearing the gates of gankers and trying to take back resources has exceeded any entertainment value and I'd rather play my EP DK anyway.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So at the start of this thread, I advocated that it was a dead emp flipping server. you opposed my view points.

seems like we've switched sides.

the irony.

in any case, I understand your frustration because you typically solo and that impact is very minimal on a server that you need to muscle your way in just to own home keeps.

This is why i was giving Kena such a hard time. remember that? i came off very abrasive, and i do apologize for that. But one of the points i was trying to make is that if you want to make an impact on a server thats believed to be small/medium scale - you need to work as a team. you need to push objectives as a team. solo players need larger guilds and vice versa. larger guilds keep the larger fights on the frontlines and that affords solo players remote objectives to attract the fights they desire. and concurrently, small groups can stop back cappers, and draw attention away from the frontlines.

Both are effective. Both have their place. I see that now, but one cant exist without the other.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The problem I have at the moment is this...

I log on at 4pm so I look at the map .. it's completely red.. So I get on my horse I go to a resource at Blackboot... as soon as I pull guards 2 -3 reds run to the middle of the guards right after i engage them ... the three reds were actually by a choke point and waited to engage me on level 10 guards... I pull into the tower again because I always take the mage out first.. They do not follow in fact they stay on the guards lol.....I act like I'm going to a resource and wait for them ...They fall for it I engage them .. they run back to guards lol..

I'm literally the only one on the server in AD..
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats because all the other ad went to almalexia or whereever to farm emperor.

what about that 13 man guild <Shogunate>? they sound familiar, that was a skilled group. they were there last night.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Blue are 10x more to fight on Shore.. Red generally rely on raw numbers to win on Shore imo... but it's very hard to bring people to PVP when they PVP door the map every morning...When people see a painted map they think dead PVP and the red are killing it ...

plz do not take the border keeps no reason to...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not solo by choice, at least not all the time. Solo because my pvp friends list has been leaving this game one by one, rarely logs in, or plays different times than I do. I haven't found a new crowd that suits me yet; running 16+ feels like work not fun (to me).

And yes, I have always advocated for responsible guilds and players to move to Haderus/Shor. I've been doing that for like a solid year now! Feel free to take up the torch.

I considered pug-wrangling, but I don't think my liver could take the abuse. :D
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    thats because all the other ad went to almalexia or whereever to farm emperor.

what about that 13 man guild <Shogunate>? they sound familiar, that was a skilled group. they were there last night.

They might be just visiting .. Yes I have seen them before not sure if it was this campaign or not...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must understand the EP on shor are the CHEESIEST type of player. they mostly roll tank builds and ZERG, theyll do ANYTHING to win. the taint of earthewen is strong on this server.

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Prince_of_all_Pugs i havent seen earthenwen or the guilds they run with on shor save for vae victus briefly at shor's beginning. Can you elaborate?

I am getting really fed up with both AD and EP having run scrolls into the water. Like, come on there is nothing that calls for that. They arent even their scrolls! If we win em fair and square, just let it be!
    Edited by Rickter on August 17, 2017 9:33PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• WaltherCarraway
    WaltherCarraway
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When Vivec ends, we'll see what happens with population. But we'll need oceanics mostly for stability. Because EP had twice the pop + emp buffs last night and when I logged off they only had 2 emp keeps. The EP aren't strong, there's just a lot of them.

Just LOL.

Being in a faction does not automatically make you pro or noob.
    Back from my last hiatus. 2021 a new start.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Vivec ends, we'll see what happens with population. But we'll need oceanics mostly for stability. Because EP had twice the pop + emp buffs last night and when I logged off they only had 2 emp keeps. The EP aren't strong, there's just a lot of them.

Just LOL.

Being in a faction does not automatically make you pro or noob.

No it doesn't. But that statement does characterize the EP who play on Shor right now. They are mostly comprised of sub-par players that congratulate each other on how awesome they are in zone chat when they win with 5x the numbers. And I KNOW... I've been in EP zone chat and have seen it. Other than the Earthewen comment, prince of pugs is right on the money.

But you play on Vivec anyway -- different faction habits altogether. If I didn't like the EP on Vivec -- and I do -- I'd play a different faction on that campaign.

@Rickter Vae Victus, under their old name, was one of the guilds busy emp flipping and zerging on old Haderus. They have grown as a guild and are looking for tougher challenges in Vivec, but first impressions die hard.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it a good campaign to go to as a solo-player who has no friends in PvP or as a small group just starting? Or is it better to stick to Vivec with its constant action and lots of players of different level (including those you can win or have more or less even fights and learn from it)?
  • Chrlynsch
    Chrlynsch
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They are mostly comprised of sub-par players that congratulate each other on how awesome they are in zone chat when they win with 5x the numbers. And I KNOW... I've been in EP zone chat and have seen it.

tumblr_o0jmk1hHKk1ujuk5ho1_500.gif
    Edited by Chrlynsch on August 18, 2017 4:50AM
    Caius
    Pack Leader of Scourge Alliance- First Fang of Hircine, The Beast of Bruma
    PC NA
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Is it a good campaign to go to as a solo-player who has no friends in PvP or as a small group just starting? Or is it better to stick to Vivec with its constant action and lots of players of different level (including those you can win or have more or less even fights and learn from it)?

The answer to your question seems to vary, week by week, and time of day you play.

This week, it's frustrating for the solo player. As Durham and Nbrookus explained, you usually have two or more EP hiding in your home keep resource guards during the day. They won't fight anywhere but in the middle of the guards. And if you're EP.. well, that just doesn't sound fun, does it?.

If your group is two or more, you have a better chance.

In my experience, the players you'll encounter on Shor are pretty consistently seasoned. The rosters are relatively small, you'll probably start to recognize names after a night or two. There's no safety net of a zerg to follow around, so you have to be comfortable making your own headway.

Small groups are necessary to coordinate offensive moves, and deter back capping. It only takes a handful of people to defend a keep, or push forward and flag an objective behind the front lines. That's something I think AD and DC are missing at the moment.

It may be frustrating for a while yet, but the populations will bounce back. If you're AD or DC, the server needs you.
    Try it for a week or two and see for yourself.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sounds like it's better to try one of the bigger campaigns. Maybe it's one more thing people who want shor to be populated need to take into account. I would argue that solo player are a huge chunk of every-day pvp population if not the majority.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NBrookus I recall <Raven and the Rose> quite well. and i see what youre saying, its not Earthewen personally, just reeks of the same. <Dreadlords> was part of that Haderus zerging too, but they were overshadowed by RnR's numbers so i didnt put the two and two together.

Honestly, unless you guys are talking about the post midnighters, I dont see EP necessarily "zerging" i mean, we're fighting about the same numbers.

@Grimlok_S - didnt you say DCU was going to make the move to Shor?

Honestly, I think the overall "slump" if you could call it is due to 1) the new dlc and 2) too many 7 day campaigns. Once those two things are over, Shor will return to normal.

I didnt pvp with my guild last night but they seemed to have had a really fun time. They had a group of 11.
    Edited by Rickter on August 18, 2017 12:40PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes the had at least 11 by the time they logged in we were around 4 ..

The thing about this server right now that aggravates me is the fighting around guards that often times are leveled all the way up.. We took several keeps last night with a group of 4 against level 10 guards with as many defending .. it sucks being chain negated and stunned with no immunity... LAST night we were running 3 mag classes and 1 stam class most of the night ..I counted 6 negates fighting reds within 1 minute ... I was being chained stunned ..

It not like this on vevic because much of the fighting occurs in open field also keeps tend to flip more especially resources...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »

Unfortunately, there's very little for the solo player to do. If you are comfortable soloing a max level resource, one which may have defenders hiding in stealth, and then holding it against multiple attackers trying to take it back until you get overwhelmed, you can do that. That's about it right now.

Otherwise, Vivec is probably a better fit.

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think each faction needs two 6-12 man guilds for this server to really get where it needs to be.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE: