The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

Prince_of_all_Pugs
Prince_of_all_Pugs
✭✭✭✭✭
Guys Zenimax was Nice enough to give us another CP Campaign, they actually listened to us and it was nice of them. However in order for this server is be enjoyed by everyone, we will need to get alot more DC and AD players to balance the server out. There is simply too many EP players ATM on the server during prime time. The people who can help the server the most are AD and DC from Vivec who dont wanna sit in ques, or the lag. What the server needs most are a Crap ton of Ad and DC solo players, any free small man grp's and heck ill even take some zerg guilds if they are AD or DC. Please help shor needs you!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    all the Vivec complaints, all that lag and queue complaining. where you at? must have all been EP players complaining. Cuz thats all there is on Alma- oops i mean, "Shor"

getting deja vu here.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivec doesn't end for 9 days, give it time.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    Vivec doesn't end for 9 days, give it time.

Yea, I'd probably wait for the campaign end to see what's up. Regardless, with the screenshots I've seen, the game needs less Skyrim fanboys overall.

I'll probably guest here since I'm enjoying the CP changes with regards to balance.
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    When Vivec ends, we'll see what happens with population. But we'll need oceanics mostly for stability. Because EP had twice the pop + emp buffs last night and when I logged off they only had 2 emp keeps. The EP aren't strong, there's just a lot of them.

• Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Vivek is very close right now: 14 points separated first and last place last night. Many people are on the leaderboards. Let the campaign end and let's see what happens then.

In an ideal world, ESO attracts more PvP players to fill both CP campaigns...
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well thats great news! meanwhile, I'll keep running what DC groups I can during prime time. As much [snip] Vurian got on Azura's hes one of the only ones out here too.

and frankly, its not really about when vivec ends. it was that shor was an overflow for the unbearable vivec lag and queue times. regardless of when the campaign ends, there were still supposed to be people taking advantage of a less laggy server during prime time.
    Edited by Rickter on July 11, 2017 4:59PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Stridig
    Stridig
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Total scrub inbound
    Enemy to many
    Friend to all
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a novel idea, something others apparently have already done and pontificate on often about its greatness.

RE-ROLL AD or DC.

Balance yourselves and stop sponging off other campaigns.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    and frankly, its not really about when vivec ends. it was that shor was an overflow for the unbearable vivec lag and queue times. regardless of when the campaign ends, there were still supposed to be people taking advantage of a less laggy server during prime time.

Well it was a Monday. Friday night may be a whole 'nother ball of yarn.

• Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I have a novel idea, something others apparently have already done and pontificate on often about its greatness.

RE-ROLL AD or DC.

Soooo... where was your DC/EP reroll when TD/DK/IOTE were rolling over the Azura's map nightly a few cycles ago???
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RE-ROLL AD or DC.

Nothing like spending a month to reroll a toon because your main toon is on a faction with too many people lol.

I wish the achievements were account bound; Minno is 3 years old :(.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Scyantific
    Scyantific
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why BGs are pretty cool right now. If EP is ever dominating in Sotha (big LOL here), I could just break off and go face-tank some proctards in BGs. Or do some PvE for skill points/undaunted keys/gear/xp.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »

Well it was a Monday. Friday night may be a whole 'nother ball of yarn.

you're probably right. which is actually a bad thing. because if that is true, then by definition this wont be a healthy campaign. I shouldnt have to wait until Friday to have a balanced and fun PvP server. Its what I was saying in multiple other threads, Shor being CP enabled is moot as players simply will not take advantage of a second CP campaign. Otherwise they wouldve been there as of last night. i understand Vivec has 9 days left, but the point was that the lag was so bad, CP players NEEDED an overflow campaign.

What this is showing is they only need an overflow on the weekends. which will leave a weekly dead server because players are willing to cram into an overpopulated server and deal with substantial lag because thats how it was with trueflame.

substantial lag is apparently, tolerable. substantial lag does not equal unbearable lag. the overflow was begged for because of the minority of the time lag is considered "unbearable".

Look im homed there. at this point im just going to drop the issue and arguement. CP or noCP, the 7 day campaign simply will not draw players consistently.

but congrats CP players, you got your overflow on the weekend prime times. I told my guildies I was giving Shor a solid two weeks. If things stay about the same, then Im probably going to consider going back to Sotha Sil. Not that it really matters. Im a pebble in the stream.
    Edited by Rickter on July 11, 2017 7:22PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Well, despite everything we did, EP viciously got beat back to the bottom of the scoreboard by AD and DC, often without those fighting each other. Can't really blame EP for going to the other CP campaign.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • NACtron
    NACtron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP had a que for Vivec that got around 80 last night. I know there is already EP on Shor but more need to leave Vivec at some point.
    Pact Militia GM
    Nikolai the Nord - Stamplar

• Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭

RE-ROLL AD or DC.

Taran, im playing on my ad on the server till the pop equals out but believe me man, there is not enough people to populate this server, WE NEED VIVEC EXCESS POP.
  • Satiar
    Satiar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mmmm I hate to agree with Taren but yeah, this trend of rerolling EP is strange and dumb.
    Edited by Satiar on July 11, 2017 8:39PM
    Vehemence -- Commander and Raid Lead -- Tri-faction PvP
    Knights Paravant -- Co-GM and Raid Lead -- AD Greyhost

• Drummerx04
    Drummerx04
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue is that there's really only enough players online to make one campaign competitive, and also many players are tied to a guild. And the guilds themselves are tied to each other. If Pact Militia and Dracarys leave Vivec EP for instance, then there is going to be a HUGE deficit in faction balance and EP will get steamrolled during prime time. Or if VE homes in Shor, and no other opposing guilds follow, we probably won't have much to fight.

Then there's also the people who care about leaderboards for emp, or points for the campaign. Running in a different campaign is an investment of time that doesn't help your primary campaign in any way. And on top of that, you don't get end of campaign rewards for your guest campaign.

While some people simply play to get decent fights and campaign hop a bit, more than a fair share are literally stuck in Vivec since there's really no player incentives beyond less lag and a shorter queue...
    PC/NA - Nightfighters, Raid Leader and Officer
    Lilith Arujo - DC sorc tank/dps/healer - Dro-m'Athra Destroyer, Gryphon Heart, Grand Warlord
    Lilith Tortorici - DC templar trials healer

Notable Completions:
    vAS (72k), vMoL HM (160k), vAA HM (135k), vHRC HM, vSO HM (141k), vHoF HM (168k), vCR+3(129k), vDSA 45k, vMA 591k

Original Addons:
    Lilith's Group Manager
    Lilith's Lazy Hacks - Auto Recharge/Repair
    Bot Scanner 2000
    Lilith's Command History
    Maintained Addons:
    Kill Counter
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    NACtron wrote: »
    EP had a que for Vivec that got around 80 last night. I know there is already EP on Shor but more need to leave Vivec at some point.

Please don't send excess EP to Shor. Sotha Sil needs EP, though.
    Drummerx04 wrote: »
    While some people simply play to get decent fights and campaign hop a bit, more than a fair share are literally stuck in Vivec since there's really no player incentives beyond less lag and a shorter queue...

Send us your tired, your pugs, your huddled masses...
  • Rin_Senya
    Rin_Senya
    ✭✭✭✭
    Scoring is so close, each faction has huge megazergs running almost every night, each have good guilds and people playing for objectives etc...yet some of you still cry about "unbalance".
    No one needs to rerole and leave, Vivec is completely FINE. If you want to see true unbalance - go check EU where for over a YEAR only one faction win TF/Vivec with a score of 10k+ above the others.
    2nd campaigns like Shore will always be emp flipped and imbalanced / painted 1 color during certain hours.
    Anairi ~ EP | NA | AR50 - Dracarys
    Anaire ~ AD/EP | EU | AR50 - Banana Squad/Zerg Squad/AOE Rats

• Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We will be there after Vivec ends ...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rin_Senya wrote: »
    Scoring is so close, each faction has huge megazergs running almost every night, each have good guilds and people playing for objectives etc...yet some of you still cry about "unbalance".
    No one needs to rerole and leave, Vivec is completely FINE. If you want to see true unbalance - go check EU where for over a YEAR only one faction win TF/Vivec with a score of 10k+ above the others.
    2nd campaigns like Shore will always be emp flipped and imbalanced / painted 1 color during certain hours.

No it's not fine it's laggy.... and many people do not like the megazergs... i do not like to PVP when my toon is not responsive...
    Many people that will come to this server will come here in search of smaller open world fights... Also will be a spill over campaign for vivec after the next recycle...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The main issue is that there's really only enough players online to make one campaign competitive, and also many players are tied to a guild. And the guilds themselves are tied to each other. If Pact Militia and Dracarys leave Vivec EP for instance, then there is going to be a HUGE deficit in faction balance and EP will get steamrolled during prime time. Or if VE homes in Shor, and no other opposing guilds follow, we probably won't have much to fight.

Then there's also the people who care about leaderboards for emp, or points for the campaign. Running in a different campaign is an investment of time that doesn't help your primary campaign in any way. And on top of that, you don't get end of campaign rewards for your guest campaign.

-Please I hope the Pact Militia stay on Vevic ... please we do not want them to lag us...
    - smaller guilds will come to shore after the next reset...my guild will home there next week...

PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Rin_Senya wrote: »

No it's not fine it's laggy.... and many people do not like the megazergs... i do not like to PVP when my toon is not responsive...
    Many people that will come to this server will come here in search of smaller open world fights... Also will be a spill over campaign for vivec after the next recycle...

Finally someone with the right idea. I'm not trying to be mean or anything but please dont come here and explain why noone should come to shor and instead sit in 80 man ques to fight in lags and to zerg surf. if your in some kind of zerg guild on Trueflame we do not need you. What this server needs is Solo or small scale DC and AD guilds in order to build the pop up. so that being stated do not come in here to shoot down our efforts. We are trying to make a Good, lag free and active server for Everyone.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it is now time i be the party foul yet again:
    The main issue is that there's really only enough players online to make one campaign competitive, and also many players are tied to a guild. And the guilds themselves are tied to each other.

False. there are plenty of players to make more competitive servers. "Competition" does not equal massive zerg on zerg battles. competition can simply be 8v8. how about your bull[snip] zerg guilds downsize grow some [snip] and come over to the smaller server? have you ever thought of that as an option? no. you didnt. you just looked at Vivec and said, "if i want AP i need to join this large guild advertising in zone".

I dont really know where i stand on this topic. On one hand i default to campaign scoring. I play objectives and try to do a service to my faction whom i have undying loyalty to. its about a code and honor. doesnt mean i blindly support shenanigans, I left Sotha Sil because DC were being sleazy and supported the nigh non-existent DC on Almalexia - a losing battle just so i could fight for my countryman without partaking in its abuses. no one is perfect, you just have to choose your code and walk the walk not just talk the talk.

so for me "decent fights" is a bull[snip] excuse and secondary. But i do end up seeking decent fights when campaign objectives are not realistic and i have a lot of fun doing it. but i cant say its my primary focus in cyrodiil.

Competition is consistent community. my guild versus your guild. day in and day out vying for the top spot. thats what a campaign needs. thats why ive been so "triggered" because changing Alma to CP wasnt going to change a [snip] thing. the change starts with the players. Downsize Vivec, populate others. you guy are bursting at the seams.

i had at peak group numbers: 9 which dropped to 6 for the last hour or so. thats a small man. thats a decent fight. like come get it. im here. come and [snip]king get it.

Man im so fired up about this. the problem are the players not zos. ya'll need to draw a line and make some [snip] decisions. take personal responsibility and DECIDE for yourselves for once.

Screenshot_20170711_224700.jpg

Screenshot_20170711_224352.jpg
    Edited by Rickter on July 12, 2017 2:44PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya'll see that? we pushed EP - they had the numbers, they had the scrolls, they had the Emp they had the score

did not even touch AD

its called a code. LIVE IT. Everything blue you see REQUIEM REQUIEM REQUIEM took except for BRK, Vlastrus, Warden and Rayles. WE DID NOT TOUCH AD. Because I care about a healthy campaign and my actions speak for themselves.

6 man

photo evidence.

principle.

code

honor

Im honestly sick of this [snip] make a decision. decide and live it. dont just talk.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ya'll see that? we pushed EP - they had the numbers, they had the scrolls, they had the Emp they had the score

did not even touch AD

its called a code. LIVE IT. Everything blue you see REQUIEM REQUIEM REQUIEM took except for BRK, Vlastrus, Warden and Rayles. WE DID NOT TOUCH AD. Because I care about a healthy campaign and my actions speak for themselves.

6 man

photo evidence.

principle.

code

honor

Im honestly sick of this [snip] make a decision. decide and live it. dont just talk.

DC Master race.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Your right about it @Rickter so many people on Vivec would gladly sit ina que of over 100 just to zerg. your right it is the players fault.
  • Durham
    Durham
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »

did not even touch AD

6 man

photo evidence.

principle.

code

honor

DC Master race.

We will kill some of that master race next week...
    PVP DEADWAIT
    PVP The Unguildables
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Durham wrote: »
    Minno wrote: »

did not even touch AD

6 man

photo evidence.

principle.

code

honor

DC Master race.

We will kill some of that master race next week...

The only good elf, is a dead elf I always say!
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual