Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As one of the only consistent DC groups on Shor i can assure you there has never been a 30+ DC group size in the entire life span of the server. @Earthewen

Please be more conservative with your estimates.

Ive never seen more than 24 EP and ive never seen more than 20 AD at one time either. Fights are medium scale for the most part. That was the big draw of shor: No lag "good fights". I just wish campaign scoring was more of a focus instead of emp flipping.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Rickter campaign scoring can't be the focus as long as emp flipping is possible because emp achievements are more enticing a reward than end of campaign victory mails. Emp flipping will be possible as long as the populations are low, imbalanced, and fluctuating through the course of the day.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC's original dueling and PvP community guild
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics i can still wish.

"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing."
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Earthewen wrote: »
    We took a small group to Shor last night, less than 10 players and were immediately zerged down by the DC emp group with 30 players.

Case in point: if you look at the overall Leaderboards ("J" > Alliance War > AD / DC / EP) it shows as follows:

AD - 49 overall players
    DC - 22 overall players
    EP - 33 overall players

There is absolutely no way DC would roll in 30 man groups. There is literally, and i mean LITERALLY 104 players on the server ENTIRELY.

ugh. . . so dead.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cool so <Dominion Imperial Guard> decided to roll the map. The following ensued:

Screenshot_20170904_212603.jpg
    Edited by Rickter on September 5, 2017 1:59AM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    As one of the only consistent DC groups on Shor i can assure you there has never been a 30+ DC group size in the entire life span of the server. @Earthewen

Ive never seen more than 24 EP and ive never seen more than 20 AD at one time either. Fights are medium scale for the most part. That was the big draw of shor: No lag "good fights". I just wish campaign scoring was more of a focus instead of emp flipping.

My apologies if my numbers were off. I was looking at Miat's at the time, but perhaps that addon isn't working properly. IDK.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We took a small group to Shor last night, less than 10 players and were immediately zerged down by the DC emp group with 30 players.

Case in point: if you look at the overall Leaderboards ("J" > Alliance War > AD / DC / EP) it shows as follows:

AD - 49 overall players
    DC - 22 overall players
    EP - 33 overall players

There is absolutely no way DC would roll in 30 man groups. There is literally, and i mean LITERALLY 104 players on the server ENTIRELY.

ugh. . . so dead.

That is too bad. I was hoping they would close down the extra 7-day servers so you'd have more on Shor overall. :-(
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no worries @Earthewen i just watned to make the point that DC has consistently been the underdog. I think we got more on the leaderboard last night but i mean there just isnt even 30 players total and those leaderboards account for multiple characters on the same account.

It might pick up today now that the holiday is over but i doubt it.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    no worries @Earthewen i just watned to make the point that DC has consistently been the underdog. I think we got more on the leaderboard last night but i mean there just isnt even 30 players total and those leaderboards account for multiple characters on the same account.

Yes, I would agree that on Shor you guys have been undermanned. I'm not sure why so many still seem to stack on Vivec. Clearly, the unbalance needs to be addressed. I was looking at my Miat's this morning, and yes, I don't think it is working properly. I could see a clear number of AD players on my screen and yet the numbers weren't showing up properly in the addon. Am I missing something?
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's killing Shor (and affecting Vivec, even) are the 3, 7 day campaigns that shouldnt exist. I have no clue whats going on within ZOS and I really wish they would give us a little more transparency in regards to why Kastav and Xarxes were left open after the MYM event and why instead of CLOSING servers, they RE-OPENED Almalexia.

completely baffling.

So what we're seeing is essentially every guild gets its own server to flop back and forth. I imagine EP wanted Shor and us pesky DC just keep getting in the way.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @NightbladeMechanics i can still wish.

"You do what you can for as long as you can, and when you finally can’t, you do the next best thing."

Yes you can, and your perseverance may one day be rewarded. You have more energy for it than me.

Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    Now NA/PC's dueling, BGs, small scale, GvG, and general PvP community. We float just under 500 members. Mail me in game for an invite.

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

My apologies if my numbers were off. I was looking at Miat's at the time, but perhaps that addon isn't working properly. IDK.

Sometimes you can just see one person killed half your group in a single blow or the fact that you didnt actually die to 30 people - even if you have an addon that may say there are 30 people around. In reality, I fought a 24 man group after killing the 7 or so people you were with.

Blaming just add-on given the link provided is a joke to say anything like being zerged by 30 people.
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anazasi wrote: »
    I have a novel idea, something others apparently have already done and pontificate on often about its greatness.

RE-ROLL AD or DC.

Balance yourselves and stop sponging off other campaigns.

Taran, im playing on my ad on the server till the pop equals out but believe me man, there is not enough people to populate this server, WE NEED VIVEC EXCESS POP.

Man i can tell you Vivec has no extra AD at all. As you know we run 16 to 24 in group and we constantly face 30+ DC and EP at every fight. We only win when we get the jump on those groups. It's hard playing vivec these days.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I didn't even think to go to Shor this weekend. Looked at pop bars and I saw Vivec locked on all 3 yet no wait for my DC to queue. The rest I saw some with maybe 2 bars AD but 1 bar EP and DC. I just went to Vivek.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FENGRUSH wrote: »

Sometimes you can just see one person killed half your group in a single blow or the fact that you didnt actually die to 30 people - even if you have an addon that may say there are 30 people around. In reality, I fought a 24 man group after killing the 7 or so people you were with.

Blaming just add-on given the link provided is a joke to say anything like being zerged by 30 people.

Fengrush, I didn't say you were a joke. Why do you accuse other people of that? I'm not blaming an addon for a wipe. There were many reasons why we wiped. We had maybe seven players with us, and we weren't running in a serious group. We were out for fun. Why are you turning this conversation into something to boost your own ego, yet again?
    Options
  • FENGRUSH
    FENGRUSH
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Fengrush, I didn't say you were a joke. Why do you accuse other people of that? I'm not blaming an addon for a wipe. There were many reasons why we wiped. We had maybe seven players with us, and we weren't running in a serious group. We were out for fun. Why are you turning this conversation into something to boost your own ego, yet again?

Has nothing to do with ego or who killed who. Its a standard reply of "we were zerged by 30 people plus the emperor" when in reality, a single dawnbreaker combo from 1 person killed half this group and there was no zerging present, or even 30 people for DC online in the campaign. Not a single person in that group should have come to any conclusion of 'being zerged' at any point - yet that is the post that came to the forums. Its honestly despicable, and par the course of a lot of peoples behaviors to make some excuse up for why they lost a fight.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Has nothing to do with ego or who killed who. Its a standard reply of "we were zerged by 30 people plus the emperor" when in reality, a single dawnbreaker combo from 1 person killed half this group and there was no zerging present, or even 30 people for DC online in the campaign. Not a single person in that group should have come to any conclusion of 'being zerged' at any point - yet that is the post that came to the forums. Its honestly despicable, and par the course of a lot of peoples behaviors to make some excuse up for why they lost a fight.

Actually, more than half my group was already dead BEFORE you even hit us. Like I said, there were many reasons we were killed and you were just a small portion of that. I think you overestimated your input in our demise. I was simply stating what I saw on my addon, and somehow you turned that into something it was never intended to be. Whether or not you had 30 players in your group doesn't matter. The fact still remains that the addon said 30 DC. In Shor, that is a zerg even if they are not technically grouped up. You simply showed up and killed the remaining players. Again, you aren't listening to what I'm saying. You clearly didn't see what was on my screen so why assume that you can? You forget that I CAN see what is on your screen. You are calling other people liars when you have no idea what their experience was.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must understand the EP on shor are the CHEESIEST type of player. they mostly roll tank builds and ZERG, theyll do ANYTHING to win. the taint of earthewen is strong on this server.

Prince, I think you are overestimating my power of influence. I really have no pull in EP. I'm just a player who wanted to pick up other players that were out there and new to PVP and help them live longer and play better and have more fun. I understand fully that the future of good PVP comes when more new players don't give up out of discouragement of being picked off by veteran players. I'd like the new folks to stick around, so I pick them up and try to help them. My influence pretty much dies there. I have no influence over EP or other guilds. I am flattered that you think I have that much pull, but I deserve no such honor from you. Thanks for the compliment though.
    Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

AD - 49 overall players
    DC - 22 overall players
    EP - 33 overall players

ugh. . . so dead.

In re-reading this, I realize that my choice of words when I've not had any coffee in the morning was pretty bad. I did state that the emp group had 30 players and that was a bad choice on my part. I did read the 30 in the addon, and we were "zerged" down by a great many more players than we had. My apologies for the mis-speak. I see what you are saying about the leaderboard numbers, but that would not include that people that just hop over to the server from somewhere else as guest or a group queue, would it?
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is going on right now?

I think we all agree at this point there was never 30 DC on Shor.

Earthewen:
    I think Fengrush was just trying to say (in his own way) that the claim of "being zerged by 30+DC" was exaggerated and he would rather have it said straight that loss was inflicted by the actions of a few rather than his perception that you were saying the loss was suffered by being zerged.

You yourself stated the addon was malfunctioning and admitted fault in the numbers estimate of DC forces

And I simply sought clarification as I myself (and my guild, Requiem) represent the DC faction on Shor almost entirely and as the faction consistently downtrodden, I felt clarification was needed to properly represent Shor population.

Additionally, has it occurred that maybe both you and Fengrush may not have been talking about the same encounter? we're talking a video of 53 seconds of your entire night's play on Shor. Legitimate question here, and food for thought.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Earthewen
    Earthewen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    what is going on right now?

I think we all agree at this point there was never 30 DC on Shor.

Earthewen:
    I think Fengrush was just trying to say (in his own way) that the claim of "being zerged by 30+DC" was exaggerated and he would rather have it said straight that loss was inflicted by the actions of a few rather than his perception that you were saying the loss was suffered by being zerged.

You yourself stated the addon was malfunctioning and admitted fault in the numbers estimate of DC forces

And I simply sought clarification as I myself (and my guild, Requiem) represent the DC faction on Shor almost entirely and as the faction consistently downtrodden, I felt clarification was needed to properly represent Shor population.

Additionally, has it occurred that maybe both you and Fengrush may not have been talking about the same encounter? we're talking a video of 53 seconds of your entire night's play on Shor. Legitimate question here, and food for thought.

Could be. IDK. However, its like when there is a crime committed and the police interview lots of different people. Each perception is different. I don't think anyone can say, "No, you didn't see that," when clearly they did. No one is lying. Every person sees things in very different lights. Fengrush sees one thing on his screen, and you see something on yours. They are never identical, even in the same faction you see things differently.

Yes, some people blame zergs and zergs only for their wipes, but I am not one of those people. Sometimes, it is a game of numbers, but sometimes it is just swordsmanship. Sometimes, I make a bad call. Sometimes, other people cheat. What I can promise you is that I learn very quickly from my mistakes and from others' mistakes. I do not tend to repeat them, especially on the battlefield.
    Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You must understand the EP on shor are the CHEESIEST type of player. they mostly roll tank builds and ZERG, theyll do ANYTHING to win. the taint of earthewen is strong on this server.

Prince, I think you are overestimating my power of influence. I really have no pull in EP. I'm just a player who wanted to pick up other players that were out there and new to PVP and help them live longer and play better and have more fun. I understand fully that the future of good PVP comes when more new players don't give up out of discouragement of being picked off by veteran players. I'd like the new folks to stick around, so I pick them up and try to help them. My influence pretty much dies there. I have no influence over EP or other guilds. I am flattered that you think I have that much pull, but I deserve no such honor from you. Thanks for the compliment though.

that was not a complement, your guild killed pvp on this server for months just as a show of dominance. Now as karma, your 24 man raid is getting killed by 4-5 "super elite" dc. This is a dark day for ep. :'(
    Options
  • Anazasi
    Anazasi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

that was not a complement, your guild killed pvp on this server for months just as a show of dominance. Now as karma, your 24 man raid is getting killed by 4-5 "super elite" dc. This is a dark day for ep. :'(

very interesting..... I wonder if there is a pattern emerging here. I've heard all of this before from someone, its like de'ja-vu for me. What will the outcome really be? I wonder how many of the "super elite" will make the next cut? In retro spec though, if you criticize the players with good intentions to a point they no longer want to play then who is really being a bully? It does not create a healthy community but neither does stacking groups or "zerging". My advice, which no one ever listens, is try and develop a positive relationship within your community. Take the time to listen to perspectives and share your cookies because after all 1 is the loneliest number.

To all those players who open up their groups to random players, you are doing an invaluable task for your community. You are offering the gazelles a herd in which safety can exist because of numbers. But you also have the hardest job of balancing the health of a community. You have to understand that you can not just zerg a map and turn it all 1 color, or raid scroll temples. You need to always watch population numbers and practice map control not dominance. If you fail to exercise good judgment in this matter you are no better than the bullies that forced you into the herd. It's a dog eat dog world out there and good players are the balance not the end all be all of a campaign.
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I've spent the last few nights in Shor, and had some good fights. Bust mostly, it's been 1-4 of us DC against 6-20 AD. EP hasn't come west of Bleakers at all as far as I can tell. The AD seem to be interested in AP, not PVP, though it's not clear to me why. Do they need that many gold Dragonguard necklaces?

I enjoy fighting as the underdog, and there's definitely something great about disrupting what someone thought would be a stress-free PVDoor session. But this has worked best when I haven't been literally the only DC to show up to defend keeps.

I'm not the first to say it, but: it's really time to close Xarxes and Shor. The IC event hasn't generated nearly the levels of enthusiasm or participation that Midyear Mayhem did. Shor remains relatively empty, and Xarxes and Kastav have more or less their typical populations. It's currently ~midnight EST on a Friday and no alliance has population lock on Sotha, Vivec queues are short, and none of the 7-day campaigns are even close to locked. What makes ZOS think they have the playerbase to sustain healthy PVP with 7 open campaigns?
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I summon you @NightbladeMechanics \ @KenaPKK : massive zerg of EP in Shor sewers. Nord Carbon and <Dreadlords>
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NightbladeMechanics
    NightbladeMechanics
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I summon you @NightbladeMechanics \ @KenaPKK : massive zerg of EP in Shor sewers. Nord Carbon and <Dreadlords>

I'm offline in the hurricane zone, but I passed the word onto my bomber buddies. They've been running between all the campaigns farming that group and others all week.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend

Apex Predator.

Nightblade Discussion:

Dragonknight Discussion:

Sorcerer Discussion:

Templar Discussion:

Warden Discussion:

TONKS!

Werewolf Discussion:

Vampire Discussion:
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    We ran into that red zerg at one point. Seemed to be two different groups farming but we got "lucky" and caught them in the same place. Was not pretty. Took some big chunks out of them but they just had too many for us to overcome, we figured they outnumbered us 3 to 1 with me being the only healer for large portions of the fight. We later wiped each group separately a couple times.

https://youtu.be/ZOXI1wBkswQ
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I managed to get a group of 12 exactly last night. We wiped <Dreadlords> 20 man group three times in a row in Memorial district.

there was another red group out there <DOVAKHIIN> or whatever, we only saw them once and they did merge with <Dreadlords> briefly and wiped us.

Earlier in the night, when i only had 4, we hunted down this 6 man red group, not affiliated with DL and wiped them 3-4 times in arena district. within moments, DL rolls in 15-20 deep and mop us up. despicable. then we got teabagged. real classy. This is the same group that ran a scroll into the water topside too btw.

then there was a 8-10 man group of <Venatus> AD and we had some damn good fights with. Damn good fights.

OH! we saw <Pact Militia> out there too!!! wiped them twice in memorial also.

without using a single destro ult.

Dragon Leap x3 and well timed nova > gravity crush. #byefelicia

in total, i got 87k AP and 33k TV (i know the tv isnt too high but i deposit alot and go out there with 0)
    Edited by Rickter on September 12, 2017 1:46PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, it was Pact Militia and Dreadlords that we fought. For our size 10-14 (had some afk/offline during the video above) we could take them individually but together was really tough.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    I'm not the first to say it, but: it's really time to close Xarxes and Shor. The IC event hasn't generated nearly the levels of enthusiasm or participation that Midyear Mayhem did. Shor remains relatively empty, and Xarxes and Kastav have more or less their typical populations. It's currently ~midnight EST on a Friday and no alliance has population lock on Sotha, Vivec queues are short, and none of the 7-day campaigns are even close to locked. What makes ZOS think they have the playerbase to sustain healthy PVP with 7 open campaigns?

I'm hoping they just left them open after Midyear Mayhem because they were anticipating a big pop surge during IC Anniversary, and they'll close them right after that....

I hope.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options