Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Drakkdjinn
    Drakkdjinn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    We ran into that red zerg at one point. Seemed to be two different groups farming but we got "lucky" and caught them in the same place. Was not pretty. Took some big chunks out of them but they just had too many for us to overcome, we figured they outnumbered us 3 to 1 with me being the only healer for large portions of the fight. We later wiped each group separately a couple times.

https://youtu.be/ZOXI1wBkswQ

9vServer!
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Last night was rough in ic. . . there was a 14 man EP group camping Lightbringer the entire night. a 16 man AD group i wanna say it was dominion imperial guard and then there was pact militia AND dreadlords zerging around.

I had a group of 7

needless to say, there werent too many highlights tonight.

"NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC, SHOR NEEDS YOU!"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    not gonna lie, aside from monday, this server has been DEAD. like no more than 35 players TOTAL across all three factions.

it seems anyway.

PTS maybe?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Saturday night I took a small group to Shor and we could literally find no one to fight for 45 minutes. DC may have had some people on, but they were pushed to their gates and I won't go there. Went to IC and found a large Dreadlords group farming TV and a grand total of 2 AD in the sewers.

We went to Vivec as soon as we could get our queue to pop.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well i take it all back, there are 16+ AD and 20+ EP making separate emp pushes

Its been very intense fighting since 7:55PM EST!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ok folks. WOW. thats all i can say.

400k AP in one night

367 kills (57 deaths)

My Co-GM and real life fiancee, S'kura crowned Empress of Shor after climbing 500k AP and fighting against the odds, exclusive effort from Requiem's 12 man - some of THE best pvp I have ever experienced.

Detail/Highlights:
    Started out the day around 5:35PM with only 5 of us. Shor was absolutely dead. absolutely. @Vapirko was there briefly and it was honestly scary to see Shor that dead as it had never been that bad before. The evening before we crowned an Emperor, Zaker, and he was absolutely uncontested for over a day. Zak was a good sport and hopped on another toon to let my other two guildies, Apoxsee and Skura take a crack at Emperor. None of those three planned or sought for emperor this week. This all occurred organically.

S'kura's work schedule fell apart and she quite randomly got the day off. She had around 280k AP and needed 600k to pass our guildie Zak who we considered asking to drop server to help but ultimately decided to let things be and let the cards fall where they may. She took the opportunity and ran with it.

The ONLY fighting on shor at this time was a 5 man <DEAD WAIT> group that was REALLY solid. Love fighting those guys and mad respect. This was done entirely around Nikel and Vlastrus. It was ***_for_tat with Requiem coming out on top in both theaters and eventually they logged off. My group grew to 7 but no more than 5 of us ever fought DW at one time due to afk's etc. Nothing like some good ol 5v5 GvG amirite?

By 6:45ish PM my group had grown to 9 and we took all the keeps I was willing to take (meaning:stopped at gate keeps cuz you know, im a good guy) and decided to try and earn AP via Imperial City district captures (we were getting desperate lol). Ran into one AD down there (poor guy tried to gank us over and over, nice guy though) and after all districts were capped, we did the center event because by golly i still havent gotten my soul shriven skin!!

about 7:55PM we started noticing things like Arrius resources being flagged, Roebeck and Alessia and Vlast and Sejanus taken by AD and we decided that it was time to do battle. First we engaged EP and they werent organized. there was a 6 man group and a 3 man group. and it was pretty one sided as we had the numbers and organization. Eventually a 10-15 man EP group formed, whether it was these two groups banding together plus some more or what idk but they took BRK, we took it back, then they tried twice on Chalman and we pulled the same tactic twice and beat them twice.

So we end up going south because we were going to defend the AD scroll we had at Ash. Idk whose guild this was. I saw 2 <For Real> guys and the 5 <Imperio> folks, but there was a straight up 12-14 man of who knows what. Requiem had grabbed about 4 more rounding us off at 12 and we did battle. They got Ash and the scroll, then we killed ol Blue Canoe at the gate (who was carrying the scroll) then got wiped, rezzed at nikel, killed him with the scroll again, killed the new scroll carrier ten killed him AGAIN!!! hahahaha. Eventually then took nikel but we took Ash back. Chalman was lost as well as bleakers but it was taking EP a long time so we knew AD would have to be the focus for the rest of the night. We set up shop with a camp in the open fields north of Nikel and we had EPIC 12 v 20 battles in OPEN FIELD. Requiem took the field that day. Against the odds. They had the numbers, they had the infinite Nikel Rezzes!! we exchanged bout after bout, and finally made the final push all the way to the doors of nikel and killed them all!!! So glorious i wish i had someone on my team that loved to record. SO GLORIOUS!! best pvp EVER!! "regroup, push!" AAAAAAHHHHHHHAHAHAHAHAA

S'kura had done the unimaginable. She gained over 500k AP on a DEAD SERVER and outnumbered on two fronts we stood our ground as only 12 and pushed the tide of darkness back in the name of the Covenant.

No, Shor isnt very competitive. No Shor isnt the hub of ESO PvP. No you or I should not expect this kind of action every night. BUT this is why you all advocated so hard for a CP 7 day. This is why Shor exists and why you were fond of Haderus. Last night (and many nights before it) and the epic 8-15 man battles is the stuff of ESO legends. Im not exaggerating, lag free, epic battles, Guild v Guild. Last night was absolutely magical. that open field nikel battle lasted some 20-30 minutes. Thank God for that wooden barricade!

People. I will hear no more of Shor being a crap server. It has its ups and downs due to the other servers remaining open. but Shor is what you all wanted it to be: medium scale, lag free, clean-no-trash-talk-good fights. Requiem fights with honor and responsibility. we typically dont run in groups larger than 12. I have newcomers in those groups. I play with a guy that cant use his left hand due to cerebral palsy. I dont require certain ultimates, skills, builds, or gear. We go as we are and we make it happen. Roll DC and join my groups. give it 5 days. Patience, hard work, dedication, walking the walk.
    Edited by Rickter on September 21, 2017 1:05PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I think Shor will be even better once Xarxes and Kastav are gone. Glad to hear it was a positive, competitive evening. Let us know further down the road when you think the server can handle a 10-15 person AD group, we might be interested at some point. Had a lot of fun farming tel var from Dreadlords and others during the event.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well thats the thing, @Kartalin its hit or miss. like, tuesday night there was zero competition. server was void so we went ahead and crowned and you guys would have been more than occupied. last night was the exact opposite. I think that kind of competition/fighting happened maybe once or twice before with steady offerings in between.

Shor is a cruel mistress. but during primetime there is usually always action. I cant speak for the weekends because i generally dont play but we have another computer on the way so I think weekend requiem groups will pop up more in the near future. I want to start recruiting too. Just been real hesitant since the November blow out and split. I get asked a lot, and then when i tell them an online app is required, people shy away.

But i think if i can bring more regular DC to the server, (im talking 4-8 more) then yeah itll be great!!

I also agree that when the overflow servers are closed, Shor will be in a much better place.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Apoxsee
    Apoxsee
    ✭✭✭
    Congrats S'kura!! Sucks I had to leave last night when this started to heat up.... but there is always tonight!
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    when i tell them an online app is required, people shy away.
    The sheer number of people that utterly refuse to download and use voice comms is baffling.

• PC/NA
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    The sheer number of people that utterly refuse to download and use voice comms is baffling.

IKR? Do they WANT to be free AP for organized groups? I think so. I'm not sure why they PvP if they don't want voice comms, even most trial groups won't take anyone without voice, and it's way more important in PvP.

Also, concur, I've been interested in Shor but it's a bit low pop atm, we'll see what happens when the others close.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Vapirko
    Vapirko
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter I'll be back again over the weekend more. Had a crazy busy week. I had like 20 min to jump in that day.
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think Shor will be even better once Xarxes and Kastav are gone. Glad to hear it was a positive, competitive evening. Let us know further down the road when you think the server can handle a 10-15 person AD group, we might be interested at some point. Had a lot of fun farming tel var from Dreadlords and others during the event.

I really hope they close those other campaigns. I don't know if it will revitalize Shor, but it sure won't hurt. The campaign is wildly hit or miss and either EP or DC tends to zerg down the map on any given night... or there's just no one online. It's hard to attract steady population when there isn't steady fighting of any kind.

Personal feeling: if TM officially homed Shor it could go a long way toward helping establish that steady population base. AD having one largish group would help balance the regular guild presences: Requiem - TM - Dreadlords. This would probably put AD ahead in strength in the short term, but TM isn't going to hang around and gate camp an empty map; ya'll would go elsewhere when it gets like that.

Of course that's only if TM is thinking of giving up on Sotha Sil. I know the situation there is ugly but I'm sure there's plenty of Yukon Gold for TM to farm in prime time. :D
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    Of course that's only if TM is thinking of giving up on Sotha Sil. I know the situation there is ugly but I'm sure there's plenty of Yukon Gold for TM to farm in prime time. :D
    Lol, true ;) Pretty frustrated with Sotha at the moment, and a lot of that is because of the other AD there being so downright unhelpful. We'll be occupying the entire dc faction somewhere and the rest of AD makes absolutely no progress anywhere. This was seriously contrasted this evening when we visited Vivec and started pushing EP and found that AD was taking the oppotunity to clean up things behind us while we held Arrius, etc. Saw you there by the way, good fights :)
    • PC/NA
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    can anyone comment on the populations in xarxes, almalexia and kastav?

Like i said, wednesday night was amazing, but tuesday and thursday night it was downright barren.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty frustrated with Sotha at the moment, and a lot of that is because of the other AD there being so downright unhelpful. We'll be occupying the entire dc faction somewhere and the rest of AD makes absolutely no progress anywhere.

You're not alone. The faction can be frustrating sometimes.

I think part of the problem on Sotha is that there's a tiny number of organized guilds left on any non-DC faction...when you're the only one rolling deep, you sort of BECOME the faction. So you create some epic distraction and nothing happens because there's like 8 pugs on the far side of the map and that's it. At least that's my theory.

Edited for formatting.
    Edited by pzschrek on September 22, 2017 2:28PM
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Lol, true ;) Pretty frustrated with Sotha at the moment, and a lot of that is because of the other AD there being so downright unhelpful. We'll be occupying the entire dc faction somewhere and the rest of AD makes absolutely no progress anywhere. This was seriously contrasted this evening when we visited Vivec and started pushing EP and found that AD was taking the oppotunity to clean up things behind us while we held Arrius, etc. Saw you there by the way, good fights :)

I was playing with a friend that never plays Vivec and has never played in a large group and I was calling your ult bombs so he could get the pace of a ball groups and when to move. He was silent a long time and finally remarked, "that's really effective at killing people who don't get out of the way." :trollface:

Could have used TM on Shor earlier. What a ghost town. Trying to solo/duo level 5 keeps without even a token scroll or home keep buff is just painful. It's painful even before any defenders show up. (It might be nice to be on the same side for once!)
    pzschrek wrote: »

That's every faction.
    Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    pzschrek wrote: »

That's every faction.

I know XD I usually main EP on Sotha. Same *** different day.

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This was shor last night:

Screenshot_20170927_211927.jpg

Easily 20 EP, Requiem's 9 and <STRIFE>'s 6 for DC then there was about 14 AD didnt catch the guild name, they died very easily.

Well rounded, medium scale pvp server. hoorah.

So Shor isnt dead, kthxbye.

Even <DEAD WAIT> came back in groups of 5-6 @Durham been fighting them almost every evening - some of the best GvG ive had.
    Edited by Rickter on September 28, 2017 5:01PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    About 10 AD ran the map. I had 7 with me. There was another 5-6 pugs banding together for DC and there was about 6 EP with the emperor.

Dethrone keep was BRK. The DC pugs held the fd and fought the ep and emp while we took the northside of BRK. Just as we breached the outer northside, the AD group caught us by surprise and ran us over with relative ease. Very coordinated very precise and very ferocious. We rezzed at a camp and decided to cut them off at Sejanus.

We took Sejanus and the plan was to watch what AD did. If they continued to Chal, wed take alessia, if they came to sej wed fight froma defensive position. About 6 AD showed up but it wasnt that group of 10. i believe there was 9 DC total (2pugs) and we wiped them on the porch. Afterwards we executed a quick back cap of BRK fighting off remenants of EP to take it.

At this point, Rayles (which had Requiems tag on it) got flagged. DC had no scrolls and both glade and warden were skipped. They went after rayles specifically. So we figured they wanted to GvG so we went up there and there was 12 AD exactly. No guild tags. Didnt recognize names. And we wiped them and took Rayles back.

By this time, AD had most of the inner ring. So we took a gamble and attacked Ales as BRK was burst. We took Ales faster than they took BRK and prevented an emp crown. But all of a sudden glade gets burst by, you guessed it, EP.

Some of us went to defend glade, and there wasnt enough to hold ales. So we lost ales and AD crowned Kane emp.

@DeadlyRecluse what group were you in? There was at least three AD groups. Dead wait was at sej. You guys wiped us at brk. And there was that 12 man at rayles we wiped.

In any case, Good stuff all around. Made 112k ap and had a good night.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse what group were you in? There was at least three AD groups. Dead wait was at sej. You guys wiped us at brk. And there was that 12 man at rayles we wiped.

My group is super secret : P

We were just group queued in because Sotha was yellow--and we left Shor as soon as we throned.

We had a good time in Shor, but honestly that BRK fight was about as much meat as we found (and it was us who flipped Chalman, Aleswell, Ash, Bleakers, and then recapped BRK...and then recapped Aleswell) so I can't say we will be back very often unless pop steps up a bit.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you we would have engaged your group a lot more if we werent getting back capped. But like i said, there was two other AD groups out there and STRIFE wasnt there last night to bolster DC.

Idk man. We got wiped and wanted another crack at yo team my dude. But others wanted to push our home keeps.

Honestly, if ya'll just wanted to fight, why crown and leave?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I can tell you we would have engaged your group a lot more if we werent getting back capped. But like i said, there was two other AD groups out there and STRIFE wasnt there last night to bolster DC.

Idk man. We got wiped and wanted another crack at yo team my dude. But others wanted to push our home keeps.

Honestly, if ya'll just wanted to fight, why crown and leave?

We crowned and never saw serious opposition after the first BRK fight--and we weren't doing anything particularly subtle, we pretty much went straight down the line, so it's not like we were intentionally taking empty keeps. I didn't see that situation getting better with emp and emp buffs and had no desire to push trikeeps in a low pop server.

Might have just been a ships-in-the-night situation, and maybe we'll come back if Sotha turns completely yolky again. Hopefully you still got some good fights in afterwards.

The EP on glade was weird. Not sure what the thought process was there, as it was pretty clear we were pushing ring hard-and-fast.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The EP on glade was weird. Not sure what the thought process was there, as it was pretty clear we were pushing ring hard-and-fast.

It may just be a case of not being able to engage the faction that currently has the most advantages so you hit the other underdog instead. Sounds like there were about 7 EP total on the map but there were 3 AD groups. Sometimes there's not much else you can do when you are hopelessly outgunned at every fight.

I might come and harass you one day next week @Rickter . I'm trying to rebuild an EP small group and while I expect to lose, 4-5 versus your ~10ish will be better group practice/training than trying to take on full raids in Vivec. :D
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey i only had 7 last night! Lol. But yeah its usually 8-10 for Requiem. Feels like most of the yime its either overkill or just not enough.

Good luck getting a consistent small man brookus. I like building the relationships and it would be nice to have the friendly competition.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yea, I miss having a steady running crew. :(

So... trying to build a core of experienced players and get our teamwork mojo going, then we can recruit the occassional promising noob. That's the plan anyway; we'll see how it goes.

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor had some decent action from Vivec overflow tonight. I hope that continues.

Unfortunately the Vivec lag came, too.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI - another DC guild has moved onto Shor. <Call to Glory> They generally run around tabard-less.

I suspect they were camping tri keeps and I spoke out in zone last night. None of them responded but by the time i had logged, AD was left alone and they regained their trikeeps and EP did as well.

@NBrookus youve run into their group of 10 or so last night around Bleakers. I think they got wiped or something because they asked for help in zone and I brought my 7 from Requiem over there.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just FYI - another DC guild has moved onto Shor. <Call to Glory> They generally run around tabard-less.

I suspect they were camping tri keeps and I spoke out in zone last night. None of them responded but by the time i had logged, AD was left alone and they regained their trikeeps and EP did as well.

@NBrookus youve run into their group of 10 or so last night around Bleakers. I think they got wiped or something because they asked for help in zone and I brought my 7 from Requiem over there.

I've run around with CTG a couple of times when they picked me up as a pug (I'm a guildless ***). They're mostly new to PVP (a couple nights ago someone had to explain in their voice comms how to res at a forward camp, for example), and I don't think they have a very solid grasp of faction etiquette, let alone what gate-camping can do to a campaign. Confusingly, their leader wears a Requiem tabard. I think they're good-hearted and just trying to learn, though!
    Edited by casparian on October 3, 2017 5:33PM
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options