Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

NA PC CALL 2 ARMS: DC and AD, SHOR NEEDS YOU!

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    casparian wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    Just FYI - another DC guild has moved onto Shor. <Call to Glory> They generally run around tabard-less.

I suspect they were camping tri keeps and I spoke out in zone last night. None of them responded but by the time i had logged, AD was left alone and they regained their trikeeps and EP did as well.

@NBrookus youve run into their group of 10 or so last night around Bleakers. I think they got wiped or something because they asked for help in zone and I brought my 7 from Requiem over there.

I've run around with CTG a couple of times when they picked me up as a pug (I'm a guildless ***). They're mostly new to PVP (a couple nights ago someone had to explain in their voice comms how to res at a forward camp, for example), and I don't think they have a very solid grasp of faction etiquette, let alone what gate-camping can do to a campaign. Confusingly, their leader wears a Requiem tabard.

I think I know who you are talking about. He's new. We are giving the benefit of the doubt. Regardless, I will communicate my expectations and hopefully we can all work together as a faction.

speaking of your guildlessness @casparian you've been in my groups several times now and you would be more than welcome to join Requiem. If youre interested, check out our website, read the about us etc and Code of conduct and if you think we'll be your cup of tea, shoot me a ping in game: www.esorequiem.us
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    The past two days when I've logged in the map looks like this. Except we had already taken Farragut back for this screenshot.

mIP9kDP.jpg

All the EP tri keeps were defended; we didn't even get Arrius until like 9:00pm. Considering how long it took AD both evenings to take back Bloodmayne, I'm guessing AD's gate keeps were also defended.

If Call to Glory is who I am thinking of @Rickter, we wiped them at Bleakers several times with 4. They were very squishy, but persistent. They didn't call for help at the first hiccup. I respect that.

After Requiem logged last night, the emp logged in and DC pop actually went up, not down. The only other EP groups I have seen are Outlander -- whom I know nothing about but I have seen them posting to pick up lfgs in zone and have only seen them at dolmens -- and Rusty Old Dragons who were running 6 most of the night trying to cap keeps. By late evening AD was backcapping them at every one while we tried to keep DC occupied and transit hobbled; I am sure they were frustrated. RoD seems to be inexperienced but they were positive, trying really hard and coordinating with others.

I didn't see a single AD all night but my guess is that AD was running too small to tackle any of the DC groups and that's why they were hitting EP instead. :s

I hate sieging keeps. If I have to spend 2-3 hours to get back trikeeps every night, the pvp has to be *really* good after that to be worth bothering. That has not been my experience so far this week.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ...soooo does this mean I can bring my group back in?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse yes. In fact i dont think you should ever leave. I told you i try and maintain a 7-14 man DC presence mon-thurs.

@NBrookus This was Shor last night:

Screenshot_20171002_211831.jpg

So i understand you are posting pics of all the blue keeps but that doesnt really mean anything. why? because no DC were defending them. And you're really going to sit here and try and convince these forums that this GIANT group of EP couldnt take back your tri keeps? EP chose not to take them back and instead went straight for Chal/BRK/Sej.

I got onto the server and asked in zone why those keeps were blue. no one answered so i continued and said to leave them a lone. folks like Killa wakka and Nizzla (of all people) and CTG agreed to leave tri keeps alone. This isnt anywhere remotely similar to whats happening/happened on Sotha Sil.

Also keep in mind: people can solo keeps. Ruth is pushing for emperor. A player of his caliber can most certainly take a keep solo. And he admitted to scrounging for AP. so I understand that it isnt ideal for you or anyone to have to take back keeps the first 30 mins of your night (because lets be fair, 3 hours as you stated is an exaggeration, i know because i've been in that exact situation many many times) but if there isnt a 10 man zerg waiting for you at your gate like on Sotha, what exactly are you saying?

And lastly: DC has only been dominant on Shor since about 3 weeks ago. really kind of around the end of Midyear Mayhem. idk what happened to all the large groups stomping DC but mark my words, in Shor's lifespan, DC has been more overwhelmed and under represented than the other two factions. This recent dominance is just that, recent and most likely short lived.

Ultimately i cant control one single player solo capping keeps. I cant control whole other guilds. All i can influence are those in my guild that agree to what we stand for. And i can promise you (and my word is very important to me) that Requiem will not participate in shameful behavior. We are all very passionate about a healthy and competitive campaign and we will gladly GvG any time anywhere and ignore objectives. Which shouldnt be such a problem for you Brookus because you made it very clear that objectives dont mean much to you.

Those other DC groups need us Im willing to bet more than we need them. Because idgaf, we can go into sewers or BG a few nights we dont HAVE to be in cyro to have fun as a group. thats the culture i fostered. So with that being said, I think my word goes a long way in Shor and you have my word I will do my best to keep DC fighting fair and clean. There will be exceptions of course but Ive already reported some DC for chaining into keeps.

I beleive in the campaign and I humbly request that if you see a Requiem tabard, to extend courtesy to them because we are NOT cut from the same cloth as those in other campaigns.
    Edited by Rickter on October 3, 2017 8:45PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Rickter You weren't logged on when DC was defending trikeeps. I leapfrogged them and took Sej and Bleakers to try and get a foothold and draw fire to help the other EP secure Kings and Arrius, with only partial success.

I was sharing with you what the campaign was like when you weren't on. Campaign health doesn't just happen at certain hours, and I thought you might like information. It doesn't mean anyone thinks Requiem is responsible for it.

I am aware (and have said many times) that Shor doesn't have a problem with any one faction. It's just DC right at this moment. It could be EP again tomorrow. Neither is healthy. I would have been even less happy to have logged in to a solid red map.

@DeadlyRecluse Bring it.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ah i see @NBrookus

Sorry, Im sensitive to that kind of topic because I am well aware of what has happened on Sotha and I have worked very hard to keep Shor not like that. It would honestly feel pretty ashamed if Requiem built that kind of reputation. In any case, I will be setting expectations for my guild's etiquette on Shor and they can take it or leave it. If they dont comply, they wont be wearing Requiem colors. its as simple as that.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    after making this forum post all those months ago, I am very upset to say that we have not been successful in increasing this servers PoP. The PoP on this server only seems to be good during double AP events. if you dont believe me look at the scene shots taken, i never see more than 10 people in them.
    Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @DeadlyRecluse yes. In fact i dont think you should ever leave. I told you i try and maintain a 7-14 man DC presence mon-thurs.
    NBrookus wrote: »

@DeadlyRecluse Bring it.

@Rickter, @NBrookus,

We'll pop back in next time Sotha is too yellow for any fun. We only run twice during the week and usually once on the weekend, but next time we get a chance we'll come take another crack at shor.

TBH we usually only run about 6 deep, the 10 we had last week was an anomaly, so I think we'll be a decent fit on days we can't play Sotha.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well yeah @Prince_of_all_Pugs its medium scale no lag good fights. thats the whole point. right?

anyways, Vivec overflow tongiht. it was crazy. EP two bars, LoM and Fengrush came on around 10PM. Hell even Dubzug was here.

Shor is back in business!!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Shor threads are even juicier reads than sotha ones
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Tonight was pretty awesome and how Shor could be every night. On a Tuesday, no less. It felt like a chess match. We had a strong group and large for us at 7, so we decided to push for a prime time dethrone/emp. CTG was game and fought right to the wire but we capped emp a little after 11 my time and logged off.

EP briefly hit two bars but I have no idea where they were. Perhaps down south; about then EP starting hitting AD's trikeeps; I asked zone to leave them alone but I don't know if they listened or if AD pushed them out.

Speaking of AD... they are still really underrepresented.

Here's hoping we don't have to wait long for another good night.
    Options
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    Just FYI - another DC guild has moved onto Shor. <Call to Glory> They generally run around tabard-less.

I suspect they were camping tri keeps and I spoke out in zone last night. None of them responded but by the time i had logged, AD was left alone and they regained their trikeeps and EP did as well.

@NBrookus youve run into their group of 10 or so last night around Bleakers. I think they got wiped or something because they asked for help in zone and I brought my 7 from Requiem over there.

I've run around with CTG a couple of times when they picked me up as a pug (I'm a guildless ***). They're mostly new to PVP (a couple nights ago someone had to explain in their voice comms how to res at a forward camp, for example), and I don't think they have a very solid grasp of faction etiquette, let alone what gate-camping can do to a campaign. Confusingly, their leader wears a Requiem tabard. I think they're good-hearted and just trying to learn, though!

Which is what Shor needs, as long as the newer guilds/players have someone with at least the knowledge of the basics so that the new players aren't misinformed. I think a lot of them just simply aren't aware of the dire state of pvp and especially the politics involved in some campaigns. I genuinely think a lot of the new players or pugs push a faction to their gate via pvdoor at off hours think they have actually done the faction a favour and not just put a dampener on the map for others.

Btw fun fights tonight for a mid week night. Certainly had to work for that crowning! I can only speak for Ep but it was refreshing to see the smaller groups coordinate and cooperate in zone chat for a change
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    congrats on your coronation on Shor @Montayva

Yeah CTG are very new. The GM, Nezi @LordDoogie joined Requiem during midyear mayhem and shortly after we helped him crown his first emperorship. After that he kinda went dark. turns out he was on AD in Xarxes or one of those servers "training his guild to bring onto Shor for DC." He told me CTG mainly ran trials and turns out a lot of them enjoyed PvP so they started doing that full time.

Ive had a few of them in my groups but they have grown out of that and are full fledged imho. Nezi does indeed wear a Requiem tabard. maybe in homage but I mean, he's running his own guild so I wouldnt say that was necessary. He pops into our discord to coordinate but generally CTG does their own thing.

Ive been saying DC needs one other group between 6-12 to reinforce what Requiem maintains virtually every day. Good to see you <Bruma City Council> folks on the server. AD does seem very underrepresented. not last night but the night before they had a group of 12 but i mean, i think 7 of us wiped them all which would indicate it being a bit harder for them to be aggressive with objectives and could use some help.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • pzschrek
    pzschrek
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Vilestride that's only because the mods delete everything in the Sotha threads XD

Yeah your only hope is really recruiting guilds to come in and I guess it hasn't happened, if you're just one guy who floats around you're not going to drift into shor unless you just want a quiet place to PvE and farm tel var. I don't know if there's a playerbase to support the presence for that.

Shor was the Place to Be for real PvP during the IC event, that's the only context I've heard of it/been in there.
    “The enemy is anybody who's going to get you killed, no matter which side he is on.”
    Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This post was created to bring more DC and AD to Shor, not to show boat a certain DC guild, this post has gone way to far off course. There are still too many guilds that cannot play here because there is not enough pop to sustain them. we have tried and hoped that bringing more small man guilds to the server would increase the pop without too much zerging, but this simply is not working. we need to try something else. we need a hook
    Edited by Prince_of_all_Pugs on October 4, 2017 4:52PM
    Options
  • casparian
    casparian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'll just contribute that I think <Bruma City Council> is a really great guild name.
    7-day PVP campaign regular 2016-2019, Flawless Conqueror. MagDK/stamplar/stamwarden/mageblade. Requiem, Legend, Knights of Daggerfall. Currently retired from the wars; waiting on performance improvements.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Am i show boating @Prince_of_all_Pugs ? The way I see it, this thread would have died a long time ago had I not continued to detail the actual pvp on the server. It just happened to be from a DC perspective because both AD and EP loyalists forsook the server and went to Vivec. If i recall, you seemed to encourage the updates

as you stated:
    Dont give up hope guys, this server can work out all we need to players that give a $#!T.

I've done exactly that. Cant say the same for anyone else. So forgive my "showboating" but your statement still stands. People jumping ship and going to Vivec is not going to fix anything. BCC coming to the server was much needed. Lets hope it lasts longer than a week. they can merge with <Old Rusty Dragons> and whoever else decides they should come to their "back up" fake campaign for EP. @DeadlyRecluse if you brought your guild over that combined with the 6 members of <DEAD WAIT> i see nightly (Takuto, Ghengis, Oogie Boogie, Eldorien (sp?), Sheddie Vedder, and 1 more i cant remember (sorry!) ) would really make Shor competitive af.

But ya'll wont do it. instead, you'll leave then complain about DC taking all the keeps. Like i need to apologize for bringing 7-10 people onto the server. give me a break. thats a SMALL group compared to any other server besides Almalexia, Kastav and Xarxes.

I presented this before: should i move <Requiem> to Vivec? I was told to stay. I dont even get a group of 8-10 until about 8:30PM EST. so prior to that its my 3-5 guys just trying to find good fights.

RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    . @DeadlyRecluse if you brought your guild over....would really make Shor competitive af.

But ya'll wont do it. instead, you'll leave then complain about DC taking all the keeps.

...I never complained about that. At most, I commented on the opposite.

And we'll give it another shot when our main campaign isn't playable. I'm not going to commit to changing our scheduled runs to a campaign that hasn't given us a lot of fun the past 2 times we tried it. We'll be there when it works out--if it turns out to be super fun, we might make it more regular. Can't promise anything more than that.
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I mean I have utterly preached that there is a consistent approx. 8 man DC presence on the server. ANY other faction guild could take it upon themselves and home and expect that same consistency. Yet not one of you have even attempted to give us credit or entertained the idea that we'd be a good group to fight. Ive gone out of my way to make sure the faction plays clean and so far Shor is pretty clean. Is it because fighting one guild is considered boring? unappealing? I used to LOVE fighting Guild of Shadows every night. they stomped the hell out of us but we loved it and had a lot of respect for each and every one of those guys.

You know i see these B.S. threads like "where is the medium scale pvp" and i cant help but to roll my eyes. We're here. on Shor. always have been. so what if there are other faction guilds. no one cares about objectives right? I'll go meet you at Vlastrus, Sejanus, Bruma, Dragonclaw anywhere you just name the spot. Im there for the fights. which you all claim to want too. We had an EPIC fight at Bruma with (of all people) <Bruma City Council> - my 7 v their 7 around the dolmen. the fight lasted quite a while and it was a very good fight. very good. yet, not one mention from @NBrookus or @Montayva

its like selective. you'd rather talk about the emp crowning at 12AM than the "no lag good fights". which one is it now? are we pushing objectives or fighting?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Prince_of_all_Pugs I don't understand why you are unhappy. After I got worn out advocating for Haderus/Shor, Rickter took up the job and I'm glad he did. Last night in prime time we had several coordinated smaller groups running, no one was faction stacking, and some good competitive fights. DC's groups seemed to be coordinating strategically with each other and I know EP's were. Emp flipping has subsided. There's even room for a new guild like CTG to grow without getting stampeded by ball groups in Vivec. Isn't this exactly what we want to happen?

Granted, it's not happening every night, but it's a start. 2 bars across with 3-4 guilds on each faction would be the sweet spot, IMO.

Interestingly, some sizable numbers of AD and DC logged on post-midnight and dethroned, so there was more than just prime time action, which is also a good development. Guess I won't be logging into a solid red map today. ;)
    I'll just contribute that I think <Bruma City Council> is a really great guild name.

Thank you. We merged a few loosely affiliated guilds and wanted a name that had history for us. Almost all of us at one point or another has spent a lot of time defending Bruma. WTB guild claiming of towns.
    Edited by NBrookus on October 4, 2017 6:05PM
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We had an EPIC fight at Bruma with (of all people) <Bruma City Council> - my 7 v their 7 around the dolmen. the fight lasted quite a while and it was a very good fight. very good. yet, not one mention from @NBrookus or @Montayva

Yup, we made mistakes and you guys played very well and didn't let us recover from them; it was a good fight. I look forward to more.

P.S. As for map play versus brawling, right now it feels like playing the map is an investment.
    Edited by NBrookus on October 4, 2017 6:24PM
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Would love to see more AD on the server. For the last week or so it's been too easy for DC or EP to flip the ring without a 3rd faction contesting.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    look i may have came of as a jerk i apologize, I am grateful that yall have been trying very hard to make shor a more populated server. But we cannot reject the fact that after months of trying the server still doesnt have the desired pop. All I am saying is hear my proposal.
    Options
  • Grimlok_S
    Grimlok_S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What is "the desired pop"?

I'm really happy with the DC and EP on the server at the moment. AD is lacking but that's been said already.

During off peak hours I can find fair fights as a solo player. Primetime sees larger groups forming, up to ~15 that seem to balance each other out.

Personally, I'd rather see the server stay small-medium group friendly. Keep the destro trains in Vivec. But if that's your jam, I can understand as well.
    Light Attack Hero

Class context
    Stamplar
    StamDK
    Stamsorc
    MagDK
    StamMAGStamden
    Magplar
    Stam NB
    Bomb NB
    Options
  • Vilestride
    Vilestride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The same logic you're applying by asking guilds to up and move to come find you and fight you for the sake of having good fights could be turned straight back around at you. Why is it other guilds responsibility to come to you?
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vilestride thats all fine and dandy but the context of my comments and infact this entire thread were in regards to the general surrounding stigma that Shor is a dead campaign in which i stated that a consistent medium scale DC presence is available so if other guilds came here then it would make the entire server competitive.

So yes my words could be said right back at us but this thread serves to bring other guilds to Shor. Thats why the responsibility is placed on other guilds to “come at me bro”.

Man...tonight was effin crazy. Gotta hand it to you @Montayva you held that emperorship with an iron fist. When it was our 8 dying over and over to your 4 we realized real quick this wasnt going to be an easy dethrone. Emp powered mag templar healer build is one of the strongest things weve ever faced and in the right hands (yours) it becomes a damn near second job to take you and your coordinated group down.

Add in the two bar EP pop tonight and it was a sheer wonder how we got you down to one keep.

<Requiem> had relatively no competition for about three weeks now. I told my group vacation was over and it was time to get back to work. This is good though. Its forcing us to be better players. Reminds me of fighting <guild of shadows> and in fact ol @Lord_Hev two years ago. My eyes water with nostalgia. We had to put in everything we had to win the few fights we did and folks were satisfied at the end of the night. Like it wasnt an AP granting firehose, but it was a solid night of tough competition. And thats a fulfilling feeling.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shor actually had a fair sized pop of AD tonight. No guild tabards that I saw other than the usual Dead Wait guys. At one point I scouted Sej, came out the door and promptly exploded to a solid 30 yellow players. :D

Hopefully they'll stay.
    Options
  • Montayva
    Montayva
    ✭✭✭✭
    What made it tough for us was the fact that ad actually had a sizeable pop tonight and the only other coordinated Ep group would not coordinate with us tonight because I refused to drop my emp for their guild mate who only wanted it 'just to get the achievement. Good times. And thank you @Rickter, we'll have to get around to that gvg sometime when emp and server buffs are relatively equal.

But there were good fights and good numbers on all three sides tonight. Too many names to mention them all but it would be nice if this became a regular thing, even if only in prime time to start with.
    Montayva: EP, AD, DC Magplar | Mistress Montayva: AD, DC, EP Mag DK | Rharhey: EP, AD Mag Sorccrafters
    Nirnrewt/ Nutella/Nirncrux: AD, EP, DC Stamblades+Stamdens
    ES Cosplayer wannabe

Beholder of the power to unleash the QAM HAM
    Options
  • Prince_of_all_Pugs
    Prince_of_all_Pugs
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grimlok_S wrote: »
    What is "the desired pop"?

I'm really happy with the DC and EP on the server at the moment. AD is lacking but that's been said already.

During off peak hours I can find fair fights as a solo player. Primetime sees larger groups forming, up to ~15 that seem to balance each other out.

Personally, I'd rather see the server stay small-medium group friendly. Keep the destro trains in Vivec. But if that's your jam, I can understand as well.

destro trains. wtf are you talking about . The desired pop would be kinda of like old haderus or how like sotha sil. sotha sil has the right amount of POP.
    Options