The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
· Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Sotha Sil 1 NA PC Thread 1

• EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Malibulove wrote: »
    Legion of Norrris zergs ahhhhhhhh!

I'm merging the guild names because I honestly can't tell which stack bodies is which anymore.

Also Nihang aren't you Hero? You ran Storm-Knights on your Magplar while it was bugged and rode the DC zerg like it was going out of style. I wouldn't be surprised if the JPN zerg named a Gundam after you.

I think I ran into this Legion of Norris:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T4kJufMW3Xo
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
    Options
  • Nihang
    Nihang
    ✭✭✭
    WhiteMage wrote: »
    Nihang is my hero.

Last week some AD were attacking a blue Roe. It was a battle of potatoes on both sides, but there were a LOT of potatoes. DC was defending mostly through counter-siege. I hopped down from the top from the wall and in a rare display I started diving in and out of the AD, working my way through them. Lo and behold, who did I see down there with me? A single DC. You guessed it. It was Nihang on his homeless Templar killing AD beside me. Who did I not see with me? The Emperor that arrived within seconds of me through the transitus shrine. He was still shooting siege or something.

It was the two of us versus an army of distracted potatoes... And this battle aside, I think Love Palace is currently the highest performing guild that DC has in Sotha Sil. Whenever I see those tags beside me in a fight, I get a confidence boost because there is some stellar backup behind me.

<3
    #LOVEPALACE
    Options
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭
    *loud sob...

It's Monday after maintenance and not one bit of salt split on this thread.
    This will not do! We can't let the energy of Azuras die so easily.
    If you people don't start baiting and flaming each other then I'm going to have to start a new thread in the alliance war tab.
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ive been in BGs lately. Im going for the "Bloodletter" title then i'll be back in overworld.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

Options
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zander98 wrote: »
    *loud sob...

If you people don't start baiting and flaming each other then I'm going to have to start a new thread in the alliance war tab.

I heard EP likes to drive slowly in the passing lane. And doesn't even signal to merge.
    Marek
    Options
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    *loud sob...

I heard DC takes up the whole isle in the shopping centre so no one can get past them.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

Options
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    I heard the entirety of the Dominion force is still trying to figure out what type of creature a Dranoknight Ox is.
    Edited by D0RID0RI240 on June 6, 2017 12:17PM
    Options
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    *loud sob...

I've been dealing with way too much salt in game to spark flame wars on the forums. It's like all my whispers are hijacked by the Tourette's society.

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
    Options
  • Ringsel
    Ringsel
    ✭✭
    im convinced i will be the only EP that got emp this campaign
    First EP Stamblade Emperor in more than 1 year @ No-CP, and First and Only Emperor in the first campaign of Sotha Sil.
    Options
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Ringsel wrote: »

EP does seem to be particularly struggling this campaign now that I think about it. Have a lot of EP players gone to battlegrounds or some guilds move to a different campaign?
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    In my opinion it is the typical lull pvp experiences when you have new content and new gear that people have to farm. I think battle grounds may have pulled some off but the ques for groups is still broken so I don't believe it pulls people away all the time.
    Edited by Dutchessx on June 9, 2017 10:04PM
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • Ringsel
    Ringsel
    ✭✭
    Ringsel wrote: »

EP does seem to be particularly struggling this campaign now that I think about it. Have a lot of EP players gone to battlegrounds or some guilds move to a different campaign?

harza got in fight with major guilds and nobody wanted to push him

and if i dont lead a zerg no ep will be crowned :neutral:
    First EP Stamblade Emperor in more than 1 year @ No-CP, and First and Only Emperor in the first campaign of Sotha Sil.
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Shout out to the dc that felt that they needed to defend Blood Mayne like it was the last keep on earth and lol at them having to use siege inside the keep because outnumbering and guard support isn't enough to kill 2 ad
    Options
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Pretty rich coming from the faction that stacked emp, 2 pug raids, and a well known destro ball group in Glade in the past two days.
    Options
  • EdmundTowers
    EdmundTowers
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty rich coming from the faction that stacked emp, 2 pug raids, and a well known destro ball group in Glade in the past two days.

Wow, so DC got one of their tri keeps camped? Wish I had been there to partake in that payback is all I gotta say about that.
    Co GM of Imperium of the Eagle, PvP Guild NA PC, ~Aldmeri Dominion~
    Tyrael Allynna Aldmeri Magplar
    Options
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    Shout out to the dc that felt that they needed to defend Blood Mayne like it was the last keep on earth and lol at them having to use siege inside the keep because outnumbering and guard support isn't enough to kill 2 ad

Yeah Mii (@Mihael) don't faction stack pug raid destro ult pls! You TD baddie you :neutral:

(+ no dawnbreakers over my fair columbine steals and no baiting me into the AD pugs).

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This campaign has become a complete *** show. I've been BGing to try and let the dust settle but this new Azura's doesnt have the spirit of Azura's very much.

Requiem is still active on the campaign but we've scaled back from the overall affairs of central keeps.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

Options
  • Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    RIP healthy campaign.

It looks like AD exercised the nuclear option for busting ball zergs.

The ol' ignore 3rd place and pound tri-keeps til all the pugs quit. The ball groups are never as scary when they're alone without the pugs to siege and pull attention.

Then again the campaign is never as fun when it's just 2 factions playing.

Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
    Options
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭

I think this is the main problem. From a leaderboard stand point, there's no reason to hit EP. And when looking for fights, most of the action in Cyro right now is against the DC zerg.

Hopefully things are more balanced out next campaign.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Options
  • Avalinia
    Avalinia
    RIP healthy campaign.

The ol' ignore 3rd place and pound tri-keeps til all the pugs quit. The ball groups are never as scary when they're alone without the pugs to siege and pull attention.

This, so much.

I've been playing religiously on Sotha Sil since the Morrowind expansion dropped. I wasn't active in the PvP community before, but I did dabble here and there for about a year or two.

My husband, Gandhi, and I have recently opened our own PvP guild called Civil Disobedience which runs EP in Sotha Sil.

I've honestly considered quitting. The zone chat for EP has always been toxic, but I've found it's been getting worse and worse as time goes on during this campaign.

On top of this, and I know this from personal experience, DC have camped tri-keeps and gates. I've caught plenty of DC members, Dragonknight Daniel included, beyond the gate of Chim, murdering people who are trying to pass through at 8:00AM (EST).

I've considered quitting, I've considered moving to another alliance, I've considered switching campaigns. None of these things I want to do, but as someone who is relatively new to the PvP scene, not only does this leave a bad impression, it leaves a general sour taste in the mouth.

It's honestly not fair for anyone, and if that's how you have to win a campaign, you should honestly reconsider your priorities.
    Co-owner of Civil Disobedience
    PC/NA
    EP/Sotha Sil

"What would you do for a klondike bar skooma?"

Narcissea - Bosmer Stamblade (8 Trait Crafter)
    Skooma-Whisperer - Altmer Magplar (PvP DPS/Main)
    Skooma Master Race - Argonian Magplar (PvP Healer)
    Skööman Centipede - Bosmer Stamplar (PvP DPS)
    Skööma - Khajiit Stamplar (PvP DPS)
    Emperor Emperor Skööma - Imperial Stamplar (PvP Tank)
    Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avalinia wrote: »
    RIP healthy campaign.

This, so much.

I've been playing religiously on Sotha Sil since the Morrowind expansion dropped. I wasn't active in the PvP community before, but I did dabble here and there for about a year or two.

My husband, Gandhi, and I have recently opened our own PvP guild called Civil Disobedience which runs EP in Sotha Sil.

I've honestly considered quitting. The zone chat for EP has always been toxic, but I've found it's been getting worse and worse as time goes on during this campaign.

On top of this, and I know this from personal experience, DC have camped tri-keeps and gates. I've caught plenty of DC members, Dragonknight Daniel included, beyond the gate of Chim, murdering people who are trying to pass through at 8:00AM (EST).

I've considered quitting, I've considered moving to another alliance, I've considered switching campaigns. None of these things I want to do, but as someone who is relatively new to the PvP scene, not only does this leave a bad impression, it leaves a general sour taste in the mouth.

It's honestly not fair for anyone, and if that's how you have to win a campaign, you should honestly reconsider your priorities.

Don't quit just keep fighting and killing these pleb emps to remind them why they have to wait till everyone logs off to get emp
    Options
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It depends on what time you play. Early morning the DC zerglings are still running roughshod over the map and the other factions don't have many numbers yet. Later in the afternoon things start getting better when DC can't win simply by a massive numbers advantage.

Having at least a couple others with you to back you up helps too. A lot of it in those off hours is just picking your fights carefully.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
    Options
  • Dutchessx
    Dutchessx
    ✭✭✭✭
    Avalinia wrote: »

Hi Avalina, I want to encourage you. First of all ignore zone chat unless it pertains to something going on the map or it can make you want to quit. Believe me if I had listened to zone chat about me or DR when we first started I would have quit. Secondly, I've been there done that on having my gates camped to where I had to sneak from North or South Gate out so I could play. It was on Haderus when it was an AD buff server. While this move in my opinion can kill a campaign along with taking & holding tri-keeps & not letting the faction have them. However, that is where I also learned to fight back there are ways to do that, I won't go into here. Hang in there and don't quit! Glad to have Civil Disobedience on the map with us.
    Former Guild Leader Darkest Requiem
    Dutchessx - Sorcerer - EP NA
    Dütchess - Templar - DC NA
    Dutchess of Lost Souls - DC NA
    The Dark Dutchess- Sorcerer - DC NA
    Ðutchess - Templar - DC NA
    Always beware the sound of hooves in the night
    Remember Haderus
    Remember Azura's Star
    Options
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭

I play AD so I can't speak to EP zone chat, but I've noticed from playing first in Blackwater Blade then in Azura's and Trueflame, every campaign goes through cycles of population imbalances and that every campaign has its toxic people. If a campaign is going either (ironically) too well for your faction (usually because of zerging everything down) or too badly (because you're getting beaten into the ground), that generally seems to be when the toxicity is the worst. A while ago, AD was ripping itself apart in Blackwater Blade because of a regular pop imbalance that resulted in driving off a lot EP and DC. And a while ago in Azura's Star, AD was regularly being zerged down and was again tearing into each other because everyone was frustrated and demoralized. Unfortunately, this is going to happen. You just kind of learn to ignore it and remember that all campaigns go through this from time to time.

Also #NotAllEmps. Unfortunately, DC is saddled with a terribly behaved emp this campaign whether they want him or not (I can't speak to how they feel about him). This morning, he and his crew were camping Fare and Arrius, 4v1ed at least one AD player and proceeded to whisper him to trash talk him, then later one of them actually whispered ME to tell me to tell that AD player he sucked, and they just generally made things miserable until the map went completely dead. It's particularly frustrating because the mornings are the only time I get to play during the week because I work second shift, so it can be very frustrating and disheartening to see what little PvP there is during that time strangled like that.

So I completely understand the frustration, and it has to be even worse as a newcomer to PvP. But this will pass and things will turn around eventually. Just hang in there.

Also, welcome to Sotha Sil! I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle. :)
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Options
  • Avalinia
    Avalinia

Don't quit just keep fighting and killing these pleb emps to remind them why they have to wait till everyone logs off to get emp

Normally that's how I go about my day, it's just getting exhausting trying to keep up enthusiasm for the rest of my group, on top of keeping up my own hopes when this happens every day.

And now that some of AD has jumped on the bandwagon of either holding ridiculous keeps, night capping, etc, it's just gotten so.. Exhausting.
    Kartalin wrote: »
    It depends on what time you play. Early morning the DC zerglings are still running roughshod over the map and the other factions don't have many numbers yet. Later in the afternoon things start getting better when DC can't win simply by a massive numbers advantage.

Having at least a couple others with you to back you up helps too. A lot of it in those off hours is just picking your fights carefully.

I've changed the time of day that I play at now (Which honestly I shouldn't have to do). Normally I'd wake up in the morning, have a smoke and a coffee, log in and see how the map was looking and maybe try for a keep or two, well, that was the plan at least. The first day I logged in to do that, Dragonknight Daniel and his crew just floored us.

It honestly got to the point where I rode down to Cropsford (I'm emphasising because I still think it's ridiculous), and was floored by a group of 6-10 DC members, Dragonknight Daniel included (While he was emp). I figured maybe it was just a one time thing, so I logged in the next morning, same thing. Did it again? Same thing. Eventually I just stopped playing in the morning, so I honestly couldn't tell you if it's still going on, but it was very disheartening. I wasn't even really mad for me, it doesn't matter. I'm not interested in the amount of AP I earn, or being crowned emp, I really don't care. But I was upset for the PUGs that were within my group, whether new players or old, that were sincerely starting to feel like trash because this co-ordinated group consistently kept wiping them.
    Dutchessx wrote: »

Hi Avalina, I want to encourage you. First of all ignore zone chat unless it pertains to something going on the map or it can make you want to quit. Believe me if I had listened to zone chat about me or DR when we first started I would have quit. Secondly, I've been there done that on having my gates camped to where I had to sneak from North or South Gate out so I could play. It was on Haderus when it was an AD buff server. While this move in my opinion can kill a campaign along with taking & holding tri-keeps & not letting the faction have them. However, that is where I also learned to fight back there are ways to do that, I won't go into here. Hang in there and don't quit! Glad to have Civil Disobedience on the map with us.

Thanks Dutchess, that honestly means a lot. Gandhi also says thank you, as we've both been having the same feelings about PvP lately.

I think we're going to take a page from your book, and PTS, and try to only run an organised group once or twice a week to avoid a *** ton of stress and just to take a little bit of a break. Hopefully, the next campaign will be a lot better.
    PC/NA
    EP/Sotha Sil

Options
  • Avalinia
    Avalinia
    I play AD so I can't speak to EP zone chat, but I've noticed from playing first in Blackwater Blade then in Azura's and Trueflame, every campaign goes through cycles of population imbalances and that every campaign has its toxic people. If a campaign is going either (ironically) too well for your faction (usually because of zerging everything down) or too badly (because you're getting beaten into the ground), that generally seems to be when the toxicity is the worst. A while ago, AD was ripping itself apart in Blackwater Blade because of a regular pop imbalance that resulted in driving off a lot EP and DC. And a while ago in Azura's Star, AD was regularly being zerged down and was again tearing into each other because everyone was frustrated and demoralized. Unfortunately, this is going to happen. You just kind of learn to ignore it and remember that all campaigns go through this from time to time.

Also #NotAllEmps. Unfortunately, DC is saddled with a terribly behaved emp this campaign whether they want him or not (I can't speak to how they feel about him). This morning, he and his crew were camping Fare and Arrius, 4v1ed at least one AD player and proceeded to whisper him to trash talk him, then later one of them actually whispered ME to tell me to tell that AD player he sucked, and they just generally made things miserable until the map went completely dead. It's particularly frustrating because the mornings are the only time I get to play during the week because I work second shift, so it can be very frustrating and disheartening to see what little PvP there is during that time strangled like that.

So I completely understand the frustration, and it has to be even worse as a newcomer to PvP. But this will pass and things will turn around eventually. Just hang in there.

Also, welcome to Sotha Sil! I look forward to meeting you on the field of battle. :)

Oh! I know that not all Emps are that way. I personally loved having Ringsel around when he was emp. He's got a good heart and he's funny, and I didn't actually mind Vurian either. During one morning, he had actually logged into his EP character to help me try and push back DC.

And the AD emps haven't been that bad, mind you, I haven't had too many run-ins with Purus yet because I've been taking some time off ESO to just.. Relax.

I'm hoping it gets better next campaign, if not I sincerely don't know what I'll do in terms of staying.

And yes! Thank you for the warm welcome. Other than the setbacks, I've enjoyed my time on Sotha Sil.

PC/NA
    EP/Sotha Sil

Options
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you ever see dragon knight pleb alone just block his soul assault and then he is useless if he is not emp than just close your eyes and press random buttons and you should be good
    Options
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »
    If you ever see dragon knight pleb alone just block his soul assault and then he is useless if he is not emp than just close your eyes and press random buttons and you should be good

He hit me with a Soul Assault three times this morning while he and his crew were trying to tower farm. Not once did he actually finish the job of killing me. I was very insulted.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Options
  • Zander98
    Zander98
    ✭✭✭

"I've been playing religiously on Sotha Sil since the Morrowind expansion dropped. I wasn't active in the PvP community before, but I did dabble here and there for about a year or two.

It's honestly not fair for anyone, and if that's how you have to win a campaign, you should honestly reconsider your priorities."

I can't speak for all of ep, but it would be sad to see you go. You pick up players from zone, have taught things to new players and built some good relations across the faction.
    It has been an odd cycle for ep since a lot of people have been living in BGs. Many times you are the only group running at the time and I know how exhausting that can be. One group can't be expected to do everything themselves.
    But every cycle brings change. On every side. You'll see enemy groups leave and more so move in. I imagine more groups will be running also as they get through with the new content.
    You might be very surprised at how different the next cycle is.
    Regardless, don't let zone get you down. People who are out there enough have been watching you guys try to hold ep together at off hours. Watching you improve. And...tbh, ep really needs your group atm. We are lacking in organized groups
    Edited by Zander98 on June 15, 2017 9:05AM
    Zane Altise- The Drunken Sorc

"The truth may be out there, but the lies are inside your head"-Pratchett
    Options
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    EP honestly sounds like how DC was at the end of Azura's lifecycle. I started directing groups and started my evening off with getting home keeps back.

Then, obviously it changed. Two larger DC guilds homed on sotha and I tried organizing a gentlemen's agreement and after memorial day weekend, it turned into the wild west.

I am sorry to see this happen to anyone. But i agree 100% with @Zander98 keep your head up, a lot of people are still hunting down the new trophies and titles and dyes and costumes and pets from the new content, the next cycle will be drastically different, mark my words.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

Options
This discussion has been closed.