The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Sotha Sil 1 NA PC Thread 1

• Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭
    Scamh wrote: »
    Kita wrote: »
    Rickter wrote: »
    I think it depends on your group size. I know that if I had 3-5 people in my group and i went to a dominated map where there was a 20 man response team that shows up at the sight of a resource flip, I'd probably poke the other non-dominant faction.

This was life on Haderus about 9 months ago. I'd log in every day pushed to the gates. we'd start at 6:45PM and take back our home keeps one by one and usually get stopped at bleakers/ash/dragonclaw.

It sucks. and its a dirty job, but someone has to do it.

Protip: A lot of times all it takes is a simple shout in zone chat saying: "Im sieging on LM side at X-Keep" and people will show up. trust me.

Protip: if you were actually good at this game you wouldn't need to shout in zone chat for reinforcements. but that is none of my concern. :/

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without [snip]

[edit to remove name/shaming]

Salt Mining Incorporate represents a very rare/dying playstyle: the solo, 1vX, the small scale. This is relevant to me. What yet another ant in the megazerg thinks of as "relevant"... Not so much.

Phreeki wrote: »
    I think it depends on your group size. I know that if I had 3-5 people in my group and i went to a dominated map where there was a 20 man response team that shows up at the sight of a resource flip, I'd probably poke the other non-dominant faction.

This was life on Haderus about 9 months ago. I'd log in every day pushed to the gates. we'd start at 6:45PM and take back our home keeps one by one and usually get stopped at bleakers/ash/dragonclaw.

Protip: A lot of times all it takes is a simple shout in zone chat saying: "Im sieging on LM side at X-Keep" and people will show up. trust me.

Protip: if you were actually good at this game you wouldn't need to shout in zone chat for reinforcements. but that is none of my concern. :/

Prop tip: if your guild was any good, they would still be relevant without J*** l****r.

@Prince_of_all_Pugs

Pro tip: If you could spell "pro" I would maybe then care about your opinion as a random player.

You act like we depend on Josh, we really don't lol.
    Even when he's not on were still wiping zergs.

but I guess a zergling like you would not understand that, you guys all depend on numbers and a zerg leader.
    Salt Mining is a guild that no one depends on each other to be good. We are all solo players that make people like you salty.

Come on you act like you don't zerg.I watched you zerg down a keep with 50 AD behind you when Sotha was Az. I assume you were going for emp at the time but you still did it. At the time maybe 6 people were in the keep and yet you zerged them, us, down and some of your puglings tbaged like it was skill that brought them victory. It was in the middle of the day or early afternoon so pop numbers were low all the way around.

Everybody gets caught in the zerg.....eventually.

Everyone gets caught up in the zerg occasionally, not many move away from it. I've seen Kita more often solo than not, usually on top of a pile of enemy bodies. Even when we're grouped he has a tendency to go jump into enemy zergs solo, which drives me nuts (but at least I can yell at his stupid *** in Discord).

@Scamh

I just like to facetank and kill people you know this!

Well most people that know me do, unless you're a zergling that dies to my hand in a midst of a fight.

Im not mad or upset when people say im zerging. I get it i am a one man army, its fair to say im a zerg.
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    I like pie

I'm more of a cake person myself.
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • gameswithaspoon
    gameswithaspoon
    ✭✭✭
    HiImRex wrote: »
    I like pie

I'm more of a cake person myself.

Spoon like a beer. ^.^
    Spoon-no-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Templar AD BWB
    Spoon-ware-Soup Former Emperor Argonian Stamplar AD Bahlokdaan
    Guild Leader Imperium of the Eagle Ravenwatch NA-PC
    Takes Drive-Thru Orders for This is a Wendy's.
  • Avalinia
    Avalinia
    Congratulations to iserex for EP emp today!

And good job to all EP for holding it for 16+ hours so far!
    Co-owner of Civil Disobedience
    PC/NA
    EP/Sotha Sil

"What would you do for a klondike bar skooma?"

Narcissea - Bosmer Stamblade (8 Trait Crafter)
    Skooma-Whisperer - Altmer Magplar (PvP DPS/Main)
    Skooma Master Race - Argonian Magplar (PvP Healer)
    Skööman Centipede - Bosmer Stamplar (PvP DPS)
    Skööma - Khajiit Stamplar (PvP DPS)
    Emperor Emperor Skööma - Imperial Stamplar (PvP Tank)
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    MMM...That BRK defensive stand though...Sorry DC, guess you can't potato bomb your way inside every keep with your ex-RP Emp after all!
    Edited by D0RID0RI240 on June 30, 2017 5:27AM
  • jaysins
    jaysins
    ✭✭✭
    Nothing like four tremors in your recap to ruin your day.
    Edited by jaysins on June 30, 2017 7:45AM
    Jaisins -AD Stamsorc. Can't outrun an orc sorc
    Bearingitall -EP Warden. Lions and tigers and especially Bears oh my
  • gabriebe
    gabriebe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol the Selene/Viper/Tremorscale cancer is definitely not limited to DC...
    Former Empresses: Saliva Bortschion (MagBlade), Janet From Finance (PvP MagSorc), Carla Swagan (Tank DK), Estelle Born (StamBlade), Enya Arsenal (MagPlar), Anita Nurse (Magplar Healer), Bearback Brigitte (Magden), Rachel Justice (MagDK), Nicole From Payroll (Stamden), Bailiff Belinda (PvE MagSorc), Féline Dion (StamDK), Septic Tank Tina (Necro Tank)

The runts: The Trolly Spirit (Tank Sorc), Floods-Your-Basement (Warden Healer) Dinah Asthma (Magcro), Total Top Tony (Stamcro)

The traitor
    s: Janis Javelin (Stamplar, EP), Barbecue Becky (Magblade Healer, AD)

PvE: Gryphon Heart, Immortal Redeemer, Flawless Conqueror

GM: Animal Control

• Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭

The 6 man group of Salt Mining stood their grounds, never faltering, never surrendering, never turning back. They knew what they were facing, they embraced it. The legendary group knew that death was inevitable against the 50+ group of army standing on the other side of the walls like ravage beasts. It was then, one of the group members pleaded zone chat that we gather our might and push back these ravage night cappers... Teritary Meat came to answer the call. Together we stand, Together we fight, Together we unite, Together we push back the dragonknight daniel's army! Upon the first walls breaking they were at first pushed back to no avail.. then came the strategy of pinching with both TM and SMI cooperating. Salt mining loops around and stands ground on the keeps walls against countless hordes! TM pushes and sandwiches those unfortunate to be on the ground.

If asking for help in zone is not zerging, I really don't know what is.

I respect your guild, I really do. But it sounds to me like your guild is going through an identity crisis. I feel like you guys want to play small scale, tower farming, and solo PVP. However, reality today is different... Everyone is either in the DC zerg or fighting it.
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • wolfwraith37
    wolfwraith37
    ✭✭✭

The 6 man group of Salt Mining stood their grounds, never faltering, never surrendering, never turning back. They knew what they were facing, they embraced it. The legendary group knew that death was inevitable against the 50+ group of army standing on the other side of the walls like ravage beasts. It was then, one of the group members pleaded zone chat that we gather our might and push back these ravage night cappers... Teritary Meat came to answer the call. Together we stand, Together we fight, Together we unite, Together we push back the dragonknight daniel's army! Upon the first walls breaking they were at first pushed back to no avail.. then came the strategy of pinching with both TM and SMI cooperating. Salt mining loops around and stands ground on the keeps walls against countless hordes! TM pushes and sandwiches those unfortunate to be on the ground.

I respect your guild, I really do. But it sounds to me like your guild is going through an identity crisis. I feel like you guys want to play small scale, tower farming, and solo PVP. However, reality today is different... Everyone is either in the DC zerg or fighting it.

Wait...something seems wrong about what you quoted...hang on.

Oh. Well this is awkward.
    Edited by wolfwraith37 on June 30, 2017 5:59PM
    Kavesh - Stamblade
    Shepherds-Wolves - Magplar
  • Mihael
    Mihael
    ✭✭✭✭

If you think 6 ad fighting and successfully killing an "elite group" of 20 Dc twice then asking for some help when those numbers more than doubled is zerging then damn , I mean I would like to see your group do that because no matter how many proc you use I don't think you could do it

• Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Artis wrote: »
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash and in Bleaker's outpost.

Ported to Ash, went to the mine. FPS dropped to 1 before I even turned around the tower. What do I see? A zerg of 15-20 AD killing 2-3 DC. I was late, they all died, I sneaked around waited for AD to leave, rezzed those 2-3 DC. AD came back and killed us all. Now that I see this name on forums, I'm pretty sure I saw your name there @Kita btw. Don't remember if you're AD or DC, just happened to target you for a brief second. I could be wrong of course.

Point is - why would you blame DC? For all I know it's AD who sends zergs to deal with a few players just trying to find some pvp.

Oh and of course, after that episode ended, I remembered why I don't like Cyro. Glade was already flagged by AD (another zerg I suppose) - talk about night capping and pushing to the gates. No one got time to ride all the way there just to be killed by a zerg again. Buff mNB. The end.

So what you're saying is, you went into Cyro for one night and because DC had already been pushed back by the time you got on, that means a month and a half of well documented DC behavior is...imagined?

What I'm saying is that you have no right to say anything about DC if they are getting pushed to the gate and zerged down just like everyone else. If your prime time zergs are weaker - that's your problem and not DC's fault. All 3 factions have 3 bars at night. And no, it wasn't the first night. Just the last one.
    jaysins wrote: »
    Idk what DC zerg yall are talking about. I finally got time to play and visit Cyro yesterday night - after getting destroyed in BGs decided to see how it is in cyro. It was, I believe 1am Eastern or so? Maybe 2 am. DC only had 3 or 4 keeps. There was some action in Ash and in Bleaker's outpost.

Ported to Ash, went to the mine. FPS dropped to 1 before I even turned around the tower. What do I see? A zerg of 15-20 AD killing 2-3 DC. I was late, they all died, I sneaked around waited for AD to leave, rezzed those 2-3 DC. AD came back and killed us all. Now that I see this name on forums, I'm pretty sure I saw your name there @Kita btw. Don't remember if you're AD or DC, just happened to target you for a brief second. I could be wrong of course.

Point is - why would you blame DC? For all I know it's AD who sends zergs to deal with a few players just trying to find some pvp.

Oh and of course, after that episode ended, I remembered why I don't like Cyro. Glade was already flagged by AD (another zerg I suppose) - talk about night capping and pushing to the gates. No one got time to ride all the way there just to be killed by a zerg again. Buff mNB. The end.

Wow man, one night in Sotha Sil. Thank you for disproving my own six months worth of observations and experiences on the server, and many who have much more time than I, with your anecdotal and irrelevantly short time on it. Can we get a round of applause for not only this extremely well done piece of investigative journalism, but also not addressing the comments complaining about night capping after 4am EST and gate camping later in the morning where most of the complaints are stemming from. A+ for reading comprehension and a 5/7 on your reporting skills. Would read again.

Ahahah keep farming awesomes from other cry babies, cry baby. No, that's not one night. That's the last night which I used for an example.
    apostate9 wrote: »
    jaysins wrote: »

Wow man, one night in Sotha Sil. Thank you for disproving my own six months worth of observations and experiences on the server, and many who have much more time than I, with your anecdotal and irrelevantly short time on the server. Can we get a round of applause for not only this extremely well done piece of investigative journalism, but also not addressing the comments complaining about night capping after 4am EST and gate camping later in the morning where most of the complaints are stemming from. A+ for reading comprehension and a 5/7 on your reporting skills. Would read again.

One night at 1am, and for like an hour or something. Completely representative, man.

yawn. no it's not 1 night, it's the last night .

@Kita, no, not at Bruma. It was Ash's mine and you were there zerging 3-4 DC.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artis

you'll find out really quick, not many DC actually post in here. The last few pages have been (albeit understandable) DC bashing. Meaning: its a bit one sided.

I mean, sure, DC has been acting really sleazy on the server but im saying, dont get so worked up with the details. DC will be the under dogs on sotha soon and hopefully the community will stabilize a bit and we can actually have a pvp community and not everyone just pissed off at each other.
    Edited by Rickter on June 30, 2017 6:56PM
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Brazilionaire
    Brazilionaire
    ✭✭✭
    Mihael wrote: »

If you think 6 ad fighting and successfully killing an "elite group" of 20 Dc twice then asking for some help when those numbers more than doubled is zerging then damn , I mean I would like to see your group do that because no matter how many proc you use I don't think you could do it

[/quote]

Just to be clear, I'm not judging you guys. I would have done the same thing. But that's zerging, plain and simple.
    And I'm not gonna address your shot at me because I honestly believe you got me confused, so no hard feelings.
    Brazilionaire [PC-NA]
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Artis

you'll find out really quick, not many DC actually post in here. The last few pages have been (albeit understandable) DC bashing. Meaning: its a bit one sided.

I mean, sure, DC has been acting really sleazy on the server but im saying, dont get so worked up with the details. DC will be the under dogs on sotha soon and hopefully the community will stabilize a bit and we can actually have a pvp community and not everyone just pissed off at each other.

Oh yeah I noticed by looking at response. There's no other explanation to that nonsense they are saying. They can't be serious and unbiased. I mean ahaha some nonames will tell a scientist something about reporting skills and representability, when they got nothing but tears in this thread.

And yeah no matter what I think, I just call out people who make little sense are being hypocrite. That's all.
  • Kita
    Kita
    ✭✭

Just to be clear, I'm not judging you guys. I would have done the same thing. But that's zerging, plain and simple.
    And I'm not gonna address your shot at me because I honestly believe you got me confused, so no hard feelings.[/quote]

And I'm not gonna address your shot at me because I honestly believe you got me confused, so no hard feelings.[/quote]

I don't think its called zerging when your defending against a zerg that is still 3x your size.

Your arguments are invalid.

The definitom of zerg is to overwhelm a thing or place with extensive numbers. Zerging does not mean holding your ground with a lot less numbers and coming out on top

How are we zerging the zerg when all were doing is defending with less numbers?

Mind you, there were two groups thats it. TM and salt mining both with 10 on TM and 6 on AD.

Also on a side note, theres a difference in requesting help because you know 6 people cant fight 50 plus alone and/or when someone requests help in zone chat for something as simple as not being able to beat a group at a resource.

Now i know what you zerglings are thinking, oh but kita thats the same concept! Sure, but with different motives. One being because you know it will be extremely rough and you want to defend and wipe bigger numbers while the other is because you suck, want revenge, want to make a point that you are better and then bag afterwards.

Its really simple, its either the mindset of a zergling or someone who 1vXs everyday.

I see a lot of people on these forums that are all talk but in cyrodil the ground knows exactly what you are saying, seeming half or more than half of you that are posting back are just notorious bads.

But hey, its none of my concern. Wherever i go i just seem to get Zerglings to spew their opinions like i would care, Its quite a disease.
    Edited by Kita on June 30, 2017 7:45PM
  • D0RID0RI240
    D0RID0RI240
    ✭✭✭✭
    Eh, fairly certain it had more to do with calling out Rickter for asking for help in zone with his small group, when you stated a member of your own did the same in your RP post. Point being, zone callouts against many times your number may be strategically prudent, even if they are potatoes.

But, uh, none of my concern and all that jazz
  • ZOS_CoriJ
    ZOS_CoriJ
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the short life of this thread it is clear that it was unable to run without naming and shaming, and flaming of other users. We expect that there will be some rivalries given the PVP atmosphere but this has gotten out of hand on more than one occasion. This was despite reminders from moderators and constant removal of commentary. The thread has been closed.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site

No longer available to take PMs or messages: Please defer to another Moderator
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.