Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point of running Templar healers now? (PTS natch potes)

• CombatPrayer
    CombatPrayer
    ✭✭✭✭
    double accidental post
    Edited by CombatPrayer on April 19, 2017 7:41PM
  • Lieblingsjunge
    Lieblingsjunge
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you’re worried that there’s no reason to play a Templar over a Warden, or any other class, keep in mind that Templars have a stronger single target burst heal that’s easier to aim (Rushed Ceremony), they have a faster healing spammable ability with Healing Ritual, and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters. In addition, have also have a free heal with Repentance, can cleanse allies with the Cleansing Ritual synergy and can remove 5 effects from themselves. Rushed Ceremony is also still the strongest heal in ESO, so Templars still have a lot going for them.

How is BoL any stronger than e.g. Combat Prayer? It does the same - both are a cone heal. Healing Ritual got a cast-time. Do you have any idea how much damage people actually take in 1.5seconds? Ain't got time to wait for that to heal. And the heal is pretty mediocre anyway, for the cast time.

The meters on the ultimate does not matter. As ideally people shouldn't be 28m away from you in the first place. At least not if you plan on healing them with Healing Ritual / BoL as well. I'm just struggling to see how the 28m healing ultimate(now without dmg-reduction[is it a bug?]) will be of any use, as people can't be far away from you anyway?

Repentance requires things to die. Cleaning Ritual is still <3. Happy you're not touching that... YET.

Ignorance is the greatest weapon of tyranny.
    PC - EU.
    Lieblingsjunge(AD) - Racechanged Argonian :< | AR 50 - No double AP or Bleakers involved |
    Sits-On-Cacti(DC) - Problem?
    Fail-With-Tail(AD) - Healing Springs-spammer :<
    Tiny Liebs(EP) - Very Tiny. Also heals.
    Lieblingsmädchen(DC) - Magplar is love.
    The Dominàtrix(AD) - Chains, whip, whip, whip.
    Fluffy Furball Kitten(DC) - Kittycat, meow.
    Your Face(EP) - People make bad jokes about my name =(
    Liebs-With-Trees(AD) - Male argo with a big tail :>

Officer/Sandwitch of Zerg Squad
    My title: The Maneater, Destroyer of Maneuvers, Bane of Potatoes, she who devours them, The Black Hole, the humorless, first of her name.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If you’re worried that there’s no reason to play a Templar over a Warden, or any other class, keep in mind that Templars have a stronger single target burst heal that’s easier to aim (Rushed Ceremony), they have a faster healing spammable ability with Healing Ritual, and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters. In addition, have also have a free heal with Repentance, can cleanse allies with the Cleansing Ritual synergy and can remove 5 effects from themselves. Rushed Ceremony is also still the strongest heal in ESO, so Templars still have a lot going for them.

@ZOS_GinaBruno which is this ulti that has 28m healing radius?
    Because I can!
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    It’s also worth noting that we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.

I feel like a lot of people are glossing over this statement. Yes, it's currently when Wardens heal someone under 50%, but they are already planning on adjusting it. So let's see what happens, it may end up much better than initially thought.
    PC NA
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bashev wrote: »

@ZOS_GinaBruno which is this ulti that has 28m healing radius?

Haha, I think she was talking about Rite of Passage. It only has a 20m radius, though.
    Kiss the chaos.
  • darkstar2084
    darkstar2084
    ✭✭✭✭
    no one uses healing ritual its a trashy skill, major mending through heavy attacks is mind numbing. shards pointless with orb
    repentance lets not go there. templar have now ironically been reduced to Bol directional spam bot ,since useful group utility is taken away. what about the nerf to remembrance to boot. so templar have Bol and ritual as being useful combine that with other dodgy skills templar kit is gutted
    Edited by darkstar2084 on April 19, 2017 7:51PM
  • Gandrhulf_Harbard
    Gandrhulf_Harbard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently,

The problem with that is that no MMORPG Developer has ever managed.
    Not even games studios with more resources and experience than ZoS.

The very best MMORPG PvP experience I have had - in terms of balance and cohesion - was in LOTRO and they fully separated one side of the conflict from PvE (they had PvMP) where in the Monster Player skill sets were wholly separate from, and different to the PvE Skill Sets.

PS: You are posting in General Discussion and telling people to go try it on the PTS, as I understand it the current PTS version is Invite Only.

All The Best
    Those memories come back to haunt me, they haunt me like a curse.
    Is a dream a lie if it don't come true, or is it something worse.
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    DK’s need to have their damage shields up,

The problem is that our damage shield is so tiny in Cyrodiil that a single DOT tick will remove it. Hypothetically speaking, DKs have to disengage from combat long enough and successfully enough for all DOTs to clear or else cast efficient urge 3 or 4 times (RIP magicka), cast Igneous and then CDB... if you have any magicka left at that point.

You could try casting Igneous + Harness + CDB to get the heal, but again, ANY damage at all removes the shield and you will likely take damage before the Harness cast.

DKs, by design, can rarely successfully disengage from combat. So the player reality is that Major Mending is totally gone from DKs. Either the shield needs to be much, much stronger or Major Mending needs to stay for a period of time after casting Igneous.

This is utterly unlike the conditional requirements of Dark Deal, which was given to a class with the best mobility in the game. Stam Sorcs can disengage, get behind a rock and Dark Deal with no issues.
  • riberion
    riberion
    ✭✭✭
    Anyone can test the base game changes on PTS. It's only Morrowind and Warden that are invite only.
    PC NA
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

no one uses the healing ultimate. its Warhorn or nova or gtfo.

so listing that "and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters" is just fluff to make people feel better.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently,

The very best MMORPG PvP experience I have had - in terms of balance and cohesion - was in LOTRO and they fully separated one side of the conflict from PvE (they had PvMP) where in the Monster Player skill sets were wholly separate from, and different to the PvE Skill Sets.

PS: You are posting in General Discussion and telling people to go try it on the PTS, as I understand it the current PTS version is Invite Only.

All The Best

The base game changes are available to everyone on the PTS, which are whats being discussed here.

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

@Gandrhulf_Harbard Only Morrowind is invite only. Anyone can hop on the PTS with a templar and explore the base game and DLC's. They can't test warden to compare, but they can test templar.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    How is it fast paced action if your slowed by waiting on resources and watered down combat?[/quote]
    Mojmir wrote: »
    We’d like to provide some clarity on why we made some of the changes we did, specifically to the Templar. Reading about some of these changes can be a bit jarring at first, and we highly suggest you to log onto the PTS to give it a try first-hand; this may help you see how everything works together and in context.

First, we want to reiterate why we’re making these global changes to abilities and resource management (and most of this will sound very familiar if you read the PTS patch notes). Our combat system features fast-paced action where resource management plays a large part in performing effectively. Player abilities in ESO specifically do not have cooldowns for this very reason - resource management is a core pillar of the system. Due to the number of balance changes we’ve made over time, this core pillar of resource management has become trivialized in that it’s become easier than ever to have nearly infinite sustainability while still being fully maximized for damage. The overall goal here is to have a combat system that reinforces decision making and resource management.

With that being said, one of the main concerns we want to address is the worry that we’re nerfing Templars in order to make the Warden a stronger healing class, particularly by nerfing Major Mending and giving it to Wardens. We’ve made it so all classes have to meet conditional requirements to gain Major Mending. DK’s need to have their damage shields up, Wardens have to heal low health targets, and Resto Staff users have to complete a fully charged heavy attack. It’s also worth noting that we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.

Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, with the goal being for players to learn how play efficiently and be able to transfer those skills to other environments. This is one of the reasons we added CC immunities to monsters; when ESO originally launched, you could knock the same mudcrab down over and over. The balance changes we made in this update are aimed at making gameplay more interesting in all areas of the game.

Again, we encourage everyone to hop on the PTS and give these changes a try in both PvE and PvP scenarios rather than just reading about the changes. Once you’ve had a chance to try everything out, we’d love to hear your feedback about what you played.

How is it fast paced action if your slowed by waiting on resources and watered down combat?

Exactly welcome to Heavy Attacks Online smh
    Edited by llSRRll on April 19, 2017 7:52PM
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

so listing that "and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters" is just fluff to make people feel better.

It's even incorrect. It has a 20m radius, not 28m, and one morph has an even smaller radius of 12m. (According to the wiki)
    Kiss the chaos.
  • TheDurken
    TheDurken
    llSRRll wrote: »
    I know I'm probably in the minority here but if Ive spent thousands of hours over the last 2 years playing this game I should be able to sustain through a 10 man zerg of low level CP players. Ive put my time in and so has every other max cp player. You should have never have gone to the CP system in the first place, I am probably alone again on this but I actually like the Vet Ranks and detested the CP system. Now that you've shoved that down our throats for the last year your going to tell us you f'd up? With the disappointment of housing and your obvious clueless ways of dealing with class balance issues this game is getting harder and harder to play. Your just lucky there isn't any other good mmo pvp games on PS4 at the moment bc I would have been gone a long time ago. Thanks for nothing ZOS.
    Your folly here is assuming you're entitled to anything. "Putting your time in" never guarantees any form of success in life, it shouldn't in games either. The "I've played way more than that person, I should be able to beat them" is the most entitled, self-involved, whiny complaint ever and it needs to stop.
    Dunmer MagDK Tank [Main]
    Orc StamSorc PvP [Because of course]
    Crap ton of other alts [Almost all < lvl 10]
  • LiquidPony
    LiquidPony
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    We’d like to provide some clarity on why we made some of the changes we did, specifically to the Templar. Reading about some of these changes can be a bit jarring at first, and we highly suggest you to log onto the PTS to give it a try first-hand; this may help you see how everything works together and in context.

First, we want to reiterate why we’re making these global changes to abilities and resource management (and most of this will sound very familiar if you read the PTS patch notes). Our combat system features fast-paced action where resource management plays a large part in performing effectively. Player abilities in ESO specifically do not have cooldowns for this very reason - resource management is a core pillar of the system. Due to the number of balance changes we’ve made over time, this core pillar of resource management has become trivialized in that it’s become easier than ever to have nearly infinite sustainability while still being fully maximized for damage. The overall goal here is to have a combat system that reinforces decision making and resource management.

With that being said, one of the main concerns we want to address is the worry that we’re nerfing Templars in order to make the Warden a stronger healing class, particularly by nerfing Major Mending and giving it to Wardens. We’ve made it so all classes have to meet conditional requirements to gain Major Mending. DK’s need to have their damage shields up, Wardens have to heal low health targets, and Resto Staff users have to complete a fully charged heavy attack. It’s also worth noting that we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.

Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, with the goal being for players to learn how play efficiently and be able to transfer those skills to other environments. This is one of the reasons we added CC immunities to monsters; when ESO originally launched, you could knock the same mudcrab down over and over. The balance changes we made in this update are aimed at making gameplay more interesting in all areas of the game.

Again, we encourage everyone to hop on the PTS and give these changes a try in both PvE and PvP scenarios rather than just reading about the changes. Once you’ve had a chance to try everything out, we’d love to hear your feedback about what you played.

Templar ... DK ... Warden ...

Did you guys forget that Nightblades exist? ;)
  • Fuxo
    Fuxo
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno This is all understandable and some changes are really needed, but this really doesn't explain the need to remove major mending from templars. Even more when the class has no major sorcery and has a skill line dedicated to healing. Many effects are stationary, including the major mending buf. Healing really isn't about having strongest heals. Nobody needs 20k heals. This is not a dps race. The argument about a stronger burst heal is not really applicable.
  • lunalitetempler
    lunalitetempler
    ✭✭✭✭
    I suppose the simplest way to think of it is like the warden is very hot oriented like a druid, where as the templer is still the boss of heal/burst. Personally my templer is still very very strong and still a real head ache to get down. I can still heal just fine in heavy too. Its really not a big deal.
  • Koensol
    Koensol
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Exactly. A lot of the arguments in the devs post is pure fluff. They keep ignoring that certain abilities are not used by the playerbase, because they are simply not as effective as other. Still ZOS uses it as an argument on why it is justified to nerf (read: gut) the class. Do the deva not understand that playing a class with unique tools is part of the fun? Why is this game steadily declining into more and more homogenization? Balance should be created by offering counters and different ways of reaching the same result, not ripping unique abilities apart and letting them share cooldowns, for *** sake! This game already doesn't have much choice in terms of viable abilities. You are making it more bland with every patch.

• xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Edit: Though there is a more singular direction tone with this rant, this was more directed at everyone not just one person in the team.

You cannot be serious.

We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently? Hard to understand? How stupid do you actually think your community is?

Yes im angry and my opinon will not change when im calm either.

At what point is it hard to understand "hm this skill doesn't work well in pvp but great in pve so ill take that to pve and this to pvp", your community is not stupid. They do know how to set up their own playstyles and such. There is hand holding and then there is smothering. This is smothering. This game is not hard to understand, you learn and understand BY PLAYING and talking to others who play. Making it easier and easier just for new players is not going to help you at all infact its just going to dilute the game and how good it is.

This seemless gameplay style you're "committed" to is destructive. You should of started balancing the game separately THE MOMENT you brought CP into effect because you HAD too of known (I refuse to believe you guys are stupid enough not to) that the Power in CP would powercreep into PvP. Let alone the fact that they're punishing DK's and templars extremely hard including tanks and DD's of all kinds and many healers and christ you havent even touched sorc or bastion in CP. You dont want Sorc to be the go to class in this game you want everyone to use all the classes yet you have some how unintentionally done the very thing you tried not to do and dont even get me started on whats going to happen in vMoL it was already a small percentage that completed it. Now? I dont even want to think about it.

I mean for gods sake at what point did you NOT think to yourselves that you should oh I dont know....actually seperate the balance. The game will remain unified people will just have to build differently for different situations. Climb out of this hole you've dug for yourselves and DO NOT implement these "balance" changes.

Release the story and PvE content. Release the sets and keep battlegrounds and the warden but DO NOT implement these balance changes. I think honestly I and others are willing to put up with OP BS in this game for another month or two if you are willing to be "reasonable" and rethink a lot of this. because these changes honestly are not good for the game at all. Yes infinite sustain is horrible and frustrating but these senseless nerfs are not the answer at all. But for those of us who built for sustain but not to the point where its infinite but comfortable where we can be self reliant but also require group play this has screwed us over immeasurable. You've effectively made the only good choice for classes right now, magblade due to costs and sorc due to how unbelievably strong it is right now and gutted everything else this is not right at all. but hell even sap tanks are likely now going to have issues to some degree.

PLEASE JUST DONT RELEASE THESE CHANGES WITH MORROWIND. WAIT. Rethink it all PLEASE.

What the resource changes have done to tanks in pve is disgusting. They cant even buff themselves fully before going into a fight before they've lost their entire stam and mag pool and the battle roar change is horrendous. The Shared synergy on shards and the fact that shards and repentance has been changed is also a joke let a long the fact you actually gave the argonians their own mini battle roar passive in racial passives and NO the sword and board ultimate is not the all be solution to blocking sustain issues. The fact that you've done all this on top of what you did back in IC when you removed regen from blocking has just made this 10x worse for health tanks.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on April 23, 2017 3:14AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, with the goal being for players to learn how play efficiently and be able to transfer those skills to other environments.

This stubborn idealism will be your downfall.

Players react--they move out of red, they heal when their health drops, they change tactics based on what is happening to them.

PvE and PvP WILL NEVER be the same. Period. Full stop. The day they become the same is the day we start worrying about SkyNet and the AI apocalypse.

This is why PvE enemies have such higher health--and need to have such higher health--than PvP enemies. This is why we have standard MMO mechanics like tanks with taunts. Already, you have two fundamentally incompatible and divergent models. You can either act rationally and embrace this reality and create a game that is equally enjoyable in both PvP and PvE at the expense of this unifying idealism of yours.

Or you can irrationally cling onto this notion that PvE and PvP can somehow be the same and end up with a game that alienates both populations.

Choose wisely.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Rungar
    Rungar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    to be fair, based off of the skill lines presented, wardens will easily be the best at everything.

the frost lines dmg is based off of max health. Add in extreme resource management, access to all major buffs, heals and a pet and you don't really need the other three guys.

It's 0.0666 of a second to midnight.

Rungar's Mystical Emporium
  • llSRRll
    llSRRll
    ✭✭✭
    Lizenz wrote: »
    llSRRll wrote: »
    I know I'm probably in the minority here but if Ive spent thousands of hours over the last 2 years playing this game I should be able to sustain through a 10 man zerg of low level CP players. Ive put my time in and so has every other max cp player. You should have never have gone to the CP system in the first place, I am probably alone again on this but I actually like the Vet Ranks and detested the CP system. Now that you've shoved that down our throats for the last year your going to tell us you f'd up? With the disappointment of housing and your obvious clueless ways of dealing with class balance issues this game is getting harder and harder to play. Your just lucky there isn't any other good mmo pvp games on PS4 at the moment bc I would have been gone a long time ago. Thanks for nothing ZOS.
    Your folly here is assuming you're entitled to anything. "Putting your time in" never guarantees any form of success in life, it shouldn't in games either. The "I've played way more than that person, I should be able to beat them" is the most entitled, self-involved, whiny complaint ever and it needs to stop.

Yea because working hard, being loyal and expecting something for it is such an awful way of thinking.
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So we can either expect reinvention of the game, or we can witness it's wake? I'd love to give my feedback if people actually listened. And how it's looking, there's not a lot of listening from your end. It's all excuses. So my feedback?

START. LISTENING. TO YOUR PTS TESTERS.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • nick_dean14
    nick_dean14
    ✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    I understand that Major Mending was too common, but removing it completely from Templars, the only class that has an entire skill line dedicated to healing, makes no sense.

Templars will no longer be the only class that has an entire skill line dedicated to healing, the Warden's Green Ballance still line will be dedicated to healing as well. You also have to give Zenimax money to access it, and coincidentally they will have reliable access to this near essential buff that they just happen to be taking away from all other classes.

It really irritates me when people do the childish 'swap the 's' in 'ZoS' to a dollar sign' thing, but this really rubs me the wrong way, and feels like a shameless cash grab for no reason at all. People were hyped and going to buy the expansion anyway, you don't have to fist all your existing players into the dirt to make the new FotM more flavoursome. And this is coming from someone that almost exclusively plays a MagSorc DPS, I'm getting off lightly in comparison.
    Guildmaster of Tamriel Trials Team. A PvE focused dungeons and trials guild on the PS4 EU server.
    Check out our thread if you're interested in joining!
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

You are an awesome individual. I hope you have a great day!
  • Chantclaire
    Chantclaire
    ✭✭✭
    That literally didn't answer anything we didn't already know. @ZOS_GinaBruno wardens will be able to get a class line major mending without the need of a resto staff. DK major mending will disappear after a heavy attack. What do you want me to do to get major mending on my stamina templar? run a resto staff? Stamina templar doesn't have any heals now, it now doesn't have any sustain (even though it had little in the first place). I run near 40k stam in pvp so my repent will be cut by 1/4 and that's isn't even forgetting the fact my group won't receive my repent so it will be a race to see who can repent first. First you took away my repent of engine and now you screwed repent all together, it just makes stamplar redundant.
    Everyone has a plan, until their plan gets nerfed

Apparently the only Stamplar left on PC EU
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think Gina should tell us more about Remembrance. That 28 20m ultimate.... what's it do again?
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • usmcjdking
    usmcjdking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@ZOS_GinaBruno

All I got from this is that mudcrabs are losing their CC immunity?
  • Didgerion
    Didgerion
    ✭✭✭✭✭

All The Best

@Gandrhulf_Harbard only the morrowind portion of the PTS is invite only. The rest PTS is accessible for everyone.