The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

What's the point of running Templar healers now? (PTS natch potes)

• Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It was never about the heals. What made templars the best healers was the support. Well thats done. Can we just get a new skill tree
  • joaaocaampos
    joaaocaampos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (...)
    With that being said, one of the main concerns we want to address is the worry that we’re nerfing Templars in order to make the Warden a stronger healing class, particularly by nerfing Major Mending and giving it to Wardens. We’ve made it so all classes have to meet conditional requirements to gain Major Mending. DK’s need to have their damage shields up, Wardens have to heal low health targets, and Resto Staff users have to complete a fully charged heavy attack. It’s also worth noting that we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.

If you’re worried that there’s no reason to play a Templar over a Warden, or any other class, keep in mind that Templars have a stronger single target burst heal that’s easier to aim (Rushed Ceremony), they have a faster healing spammable ability with Healing Ritual, and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters. In addition, have also have a free heal with Repentance, can cleanse allies with the Cleansing Ritual synergy and can remove 5 effects from themselves. Rushed Ceremony is also still the strongest heal in ESO, so Templars still have a lot going for them.

(...)

@ZOS_GinaBruno Look this:

Accelerated Growth – When healing you or an ally under 10-25% Health with a Green Balance ability gain Major Mending, increasing your healing done by 25% for 6 seconds.

50% is too high. Drop that to 25% or less.

Rushed Ceremony: This ability and its morphs now heal friendly targets in a 180 degree cone in front of you, instead of all targets in a radius around you.

It's okay with being a frontal skill. But, please, remove that "cone" thing. I don't want Rushed Ceremony to have similarities to Fungal Growth.

Spear Shards/Necrotic Orb: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina AND Magicka. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource.

Please, minimize the damage caused by this nerf, make the ability to restore both resource. There is no problem in that!

Mending: This passive ability now increases the healing done by Restoring Light abilities by 7/14% based on the target’s missing health, up from 5/10%.

2% is not enough for Major Mending's nerf. Raise the bonus to 7/14% or 8/16%.

Essence Drain, from Restoration Staff: Can you increase the duration of Major Mending to 3/6 secs after completing the fully-charged Heavy Attack?

Please reconsider all these suggestions. Thank you.
    Edited by joaaocaampos on April 19, 2017 10:47PM
  • Drdeath20
    Drdeath20
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Whats special about a templar?
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I appreciate you hopping in and giving us and update and further explanation for these changes. I don't envy your job at all.

My concerns go beyond losing Major Mending and being jealous of the Warden. I have played this class and this game long enough to know Healing Ritual is not something that is going to sooth our worries (and it most certainly is not a "faster spammable ability" - whoever told you that does not belong on the combat team). For over three years *I* was the one making decisions when and to who I restore stamina or magicka with my abilities, and now that is being taken away from me; something to be decided by the game engine and circumstance. Repentance was perhaps the most interesting ability in the game - one of the few that gave a class something actually distinctive and provided a potential edge in an outnumbered fight. It is now an eviscerated husk of its former self. The soul of the class is being sucked out ... and for what? Because the CP system provides much of this stuff for free to everyone simply by nuking a bunch zombies in Skyfall Catacombs.

This is something some minor tweaks and adjustments to the warden will not solve.
    Edited by Joy_Division on April 19, 2017 10:44PM
  • SirDopey
    SirDopey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to provide some clarity on why we made some of the changes we did, specifically to the Templar. Reading about some of these changes can be a bit jarring at first, and we highly suggest you to log onto the PTS to give it a try first-hand; this may help you see how everything works together and in context.

First, we want to reiterate why we’re making these global changes to abilities and resource management (and most of this will sound very familiar if you read the PTS patch notes). Our combat system features fast-paced action where resource management plays a large part in performing effectively. Player abilities in ESO specifically do not have cooldowns for this very reason - resource management is a core pillar of the system. Due to the number of balance changes we’ve made over time, this core pillar of resource management has become trivialized in that it’s become easier than ever to have nearly infinite sustainability while still being fully maximized for damage. The overall goal here is to have a combat system that reinforces decision making and resource management.

With that being said, one of the main concerns we want to address is the worry that we’re nerfing Templars in order to make the Warden a stronger healing class, particularly by nerfing Major Mending and giving it to Wardens. We’ve made it so all classes have to meet conditional requirements to gain Major Mending. DK’s need to have their damage shields up, Wardens have to heal low health targets, and Resto Staff users have to complete a fully charged heavy attack. It’s also worth noting that we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.

If you’re worried that there’s no reason to play a Templar over a Warden, or any other class, keep in mind that Templars have a stronger single target burst heal that’s easier to aim (Rushed Ceremony), they have a faster healing spammable ability with Healing Ritual, and their Ultimate heal hits targets in a 28m radius instead of 8 meters. In addition, have also have a free heal with Repentance, can cleanse allies with the Cleansing Ritual synergy and can remove 5 effects from themselves. Rushed Ceremony is also still the strongest heal in ESO, so Templars still have a lot going for them.

Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, with the goal being for players to learn how play efficiently and be able to transfer those skills to other environments. This is one of the reasons we added CC immunities to monsters; when ESO originally launched, you could knock the same mudcrab down over and over. The balance changes we made in this update are aimed at making gameplay more interesting in all areas of the game.

Again, we encourage everyone to hop on the PTS and give these changes a try in both PvE and PvP scenarios rather than just reading about the changes. Once you’ve had a chance to try everything out, we’d love to hear your feedback about what you played.

Again, my only concern with all the changes is repentance. If the development team insists on keeping stamina return only for the caster then just remove the stamina portion of the ability all together. Otherwise, this skill will become a major source of frustration and abuse.
    NA PC | AD
    xx Doc Holliday xx
  • Epicasballs
    Epicasballs
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno I have mained a templar since console launch... I can remember not having CP or major mending so I'm not concerned about settling for minor mending. I'm not upset about shards and orbs being homogenized. Please reconsider repentance nerf though... reduce returns or create a minor stamina steal as a counterpart to its other morph, thanks. Oh and on an unrelated note... fix or address VMA RNG somehow please, PLEASE!
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

I am honestly surprised at the blindness here.

The people who defend this patch basically, are a minority. Sift through the forums and you can easily observe that. The people who have an issue with it are the vast majority to the point where it's hurtfully obvious that this is definitely just a plain bad idea with these changes.

There are also some rather good suggestions in this thread here which undoubtly will be fully ignored.

I am not a psychologist, but there's a difference between people being doomsayers and people outright preparing to abandon ship.

How stupid can a game developer be to ignore obvious feedback on a scale that large?

And to touch this from a different angle instead of trying to put up points about how I can practically shelve my main who happens to be a magickaNB, propably just like everyone else with their character because this just hits everyone. Maybe some classes less, but it does.

With each patch, ESO becomes less an Elder Scrolls game and turns into just another MMORPG.

ZOS, if your focus was to create an elder scrolls game, you're losing that focus. Hard.
    Edited by Mordenkainen on April 19, 2017 11:23PM
  • Julianos
    Julianos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What's the point of running Templar healers now? (PTS natch potes)

RP purposes.

• SirBedevere
    SirBedevere
    ✭✭✭
    Reading about some of these changes can be a bit jarring at first
    It's actually jarring the second, third and fourth time I read them as well.
    we highly suggest you to log onto the PTS to give it a try first-hand
    I did, and I think there may be a bug. None of my templars will engage in combat. They are all stuck in an endless /cry emote loop.
    Wardens have to heal low health targets
    Oh good. I would have hated for them to get Major Mending for healing high health targets.
    we’re planning on adjusting the Warden passive, Accelerated Growth, because it’s currently too easy to keep it active for long periods of time.
    We'll see....
    spammable ability ... Healing Ritual
    Thanks for that. I needed a good laugh by this point.
    free heal with Repentance
    The Repentance that no longer works with Engine Guardian? The Repentance that no longer restores group stamina and got a nerf to self stamina sustain? The Repentance that isn't worth a slot anymore? Oh goodie!!!
    We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, .... when ESO originally launched, you could knock the same mudcrab down over and over.
    Coming in the next PTS incremental: mudcrabs crit attacking from stealth, blocking ultimates, moving out of AoE and then healing when low on health.
  • Megabear
    Megabear
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In every MMO I played, when they introduce a new class they make them intentionally OP, then nerf them to pieces after one or two months.

What I suggest doing is put off preordering Morrowind until price comes down. I wouldn't be surprised if price comes down within just 1 month after release.

Ultimately Warden will be a decent at everything but not best at anything class, just like multitude of other jack of all trades classes introduced in other MMO's.
    Guide to making $$$ in Tamriel: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/370618/guide-to-making-gold-in-eso/p1?new=1
    Cost analysis for potential ESO players: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/367919/cost-analysis-for-brand-new-potential-pc-eso-players#latest
    Warden Bow Healer/DPS Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-bow-healerdps-hybrid/
    Warden "The Warladin" Healer/Tank Hybrid Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-the-warladin-healertank-hybrid-build/
    Warden Stamina DPS Build: http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/warden-dps-build/
    Server - PC/NA
    Vhevet - (S) Night Blade/Female/Orsimer
    Ecaer - (M) Templar/Female/Breton
    Captain Beaster Bunny - (S) Warden/Male/Red Guard
    Ezaera - (M) Sorcerer/Female/Altmer
    Ecaeri - (M) Warden/Female/Argonian
    Dun-and-Dunmer - (M) Dragon Knight/Male/Dunmer
    What Can Go Wong - (S) Night Blade/Male/Bosmer
    Izaer - (M) Templar/Male/Breton
  • JimT722
    JimT722
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Drdeath20 wrote: »
    Whats special about a templar?

They aren't all that appealing as a dps or a tank compared to any other class. Now their healing is being messed with and nothing else is being tweaked. They are afraid they won't be all that appealing as a healer. Until someone tests all the healers on the pts and breaks it all down, we won't know for sure. Just doesn't look good.

I'm glad Templar isn't my main, or I would be panicking as well. Templar seemed boring as a class when I last played mine, and everything that made me consider gearing one up is now gone.
  • Kronuxx
    Kronuxx
    ✭✭✭✭
    We’d like to provide some clarity on why we made some of the changes we did, specifically to the Templar. Reading about some of these changes can be a bit jarring at first, and we highly suggest you to log onto the PTS to give it a try first-hand; this may help you see how everything works together and in context.

First, we want to reiterate why we’re making these global changes to abilities and resource management (and most of this will sound very familiar if you read the PTS patch notes). Our combat system features fast-paced action where resource management plays a large part in performing effectively. Player abilities in ESO specifically do not have cooldowns for this very reason - resource management is a core pillar of the system. Due to the number of balance changes we’ve made over time, this core pillar of resource management has become trivialized in that it’s become easier than ever to have nearly infinite sustainability while still being fully maximized for damage. The overall goal here is to have a combat system that reinforces decision making and resource management.

I may be the minority here (although unlikely considering the squeaky wheel is usually the most vocal and the minority), but I for one support the changes on PTS that promote resource management. I've said it before, more than a year ago, and I'll say it again, the current CP system, was trivializing combat. With enough points, you could mitigate damage, increase your damage, maintain your resources, and boost your healing. Where's the fun in being just another brick in the wall? I enjoy making decisions, that yes, while I may not get everything, at least gives my character the ability to be unique in his role/operation. In short Gina, I'm glad there are changes being made to limit resource production. On the other hand, a blanket reduction in all resource generating skills/passives may not be the best method, as there are other issues that could be addressed, but regardlesss, still a move in the right direction.

• Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭
    How stupid can a game developer be to ignore obvious feedback on a scale that large?

How stupid can a consumer be to keep paying a developer that they have this much bad blood with?

You again trying to bait arguments, eh?
  • masterbroodub17_ESO

How stupid can a consumer be to keep paying a developer that they have this much bad blood with?

Just pointing out the silliness of attacking the developers you pay to play their game :)
  • Mordenkainen
    Mordenkainen
    ✭✭✭✭

Just pointing out the silliness of attacking the developers you pay to play their game :)

Yeah, that's your sentiment in which you view it as me attacking the developers.

Don't know what your merit is here, but I certainly didn't go insulting them or 'threatening' to leave the game and what else.
    Look at your posts, your sentiment is all you're currently going around with.

So much for silliness.

I let you have the last word, considering I am aware that you're one of those people who simply won't stop.

Have at it. Have fun.
  • Cadbury
    Cadbury
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While I personally find the back-and-forth passive aggression amusing, I do think it will lead to a thread lock.

Let's all chillax, fam.
    "If a person is truly desirous of something, perhaps being set on fire does not seem so bad."
  • Illurian
    Illurian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cadbury wrote: »
    While I personally find the back-and-forth passive aggression amusing, I do think it will lead to a thread lock.

Let's all chillax, fam.

Fair point!
    Kiss the chaos.
  • xeNNNNN
    xeNNNNN
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Let's all chillax, fam.

Ah fair point.

okay yeah, back on topic;

These changes are still utterly ridiculous. Too templar, too DK....to everything......my tank ....my healer.....my stam dd's....my pvp stamblade in the making......so many characters both non-pvp and pvp are messed about hard now..how the hell are any of us going to enjoy ourselves.

Players punished for a infinite sustain problem that isnt their fault. Punished for being willing to branch out to other classes. Punished for running stamina which usually requires vigor which costs 35% more......christ. The list goes on....I cant even..

Might as well call the game one of the following: Heavy attacks online or Sorc Scrolls Online.
    Edited by xeNNNNN on April 20, 2017 12:07AM
    Ah, e-communities - the "pinnacle" of the internet............yeah, right.
  • ZOS_GregoryV
    Greetings everyone,

We have recently have had to remove a handful of baiting and flaming posts. While we understand that not everyone may feel the same about the Patch Notes, that is no reason to bait or flame other members of the community. Both are in fact violations of the rules that we have set in place.

Instead of proceeding with such a heinous attacks such as this, we suggest that you try to be an ESO Community Hero so that we can avoid a repeat of this situation.

Please be aware that future violations of the Community Rules may result in the temporary suspension or permanent deactivation of your access to the ESO forums.

Thank you for your understanding!
    Edited by ZOS_GregoryV on April 20, 2017 1:37AM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Greetings everyone,

We have recently have had to remove a handful of baiting and flaming posts. While we understand that not everyone may feel the same about the Patch Notes, that is no reason to bait or flame other members of the community. Both are in fact violations of the rules that we have set in place.

Instead of proceeding with such a heinous attacks such as this, we suggest that you try to be an ESO Community Hero so that we can avoid a repeat of this situation.

Please be aware that future violations of the Community Rules may result in the temporary suspension or permanent deactivation of your access to the ESO forums.

Thank you for your understanding!

Seeing as a hot topic like this is of course going to attract people who bait and flame, I'm really hoping that forum mods are giving those people who do so a time out for a few days from posting on the forum. MAYBE then they might learn a little bit and add to the discussion.

I know it is against TOS to discuss disciplinary action, but it's kinda a pain in the butt to see a few of these threads closed for a good period of time because people just can't behave themselves. So, it's just a suggestion.

Thanks for your hard work GregoryV.

Now let's get this thread back on topic!!
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno ... ask the Dev team whether they would be as happy with the Warden class if they swapped with the Templar. Force the Templars to have to heal low health people to get major mending, and let the Wardens get it by just doing a heavy attack with the resto staff.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • necronomniconb14_ESO
    Excellent changes! Reason to still use a Templar Healer? Breath of Life; it's still the easiest healing class in the game; only now other classes can potentially be stronger, but it requires more skill.

Zenimax is finally rewarding skill! Thank God!

It makes sense to turn a class into a skill-less steaming pile? I don't think so. Many of us picked our class based upon theme at the outset, and almost none of the classes look anything like they started. Templar is literally unrecognizable from its original state apart from Jabs/Sweeps and the ultimates. Templar has been a problem for them from the outset because they did a terrible job of making all of the parts work together, and they are still doing a terrible job of it. I love the class, but lets face it they put it together in a haphazard fashion. When I look at the Warden I think to myself that the Warden is basically designed in a more intelligent manner... how they should have made Templar. I'll wait to see though until I actually play the class.

Lol... that guy you respond to is an obvious shill. Don't pay any attention to it, it only draws more attention from others to it's efforts and it gets it's stink in their brains as they read. And most people can't think too easily for themselves as it is these days.
    xeNNNNN wrote: »

Let's all chillax, fam.

Ah fair point.

okay yeah, back on topic;

These changes are still utterly ridiculous. Too templar, too DK....to everything......my tank ....my healer.....my stam dd's....my pvp stamblade in the making......so many characters both non-pvp and pvp are messed about hard now..how the hell are any of us going to enjoy ourselves.

Players punished for a infinite sustain problem that isnt their fault. Punished for being willing to branch out to other classes. Punished for running stamina which usually requires vigor which costs 35% more......christ. The list goes on....I cant even..

Might as well call the game one of the following: Heavy attacks online or Sorc Scrolls Online.

Just plug in a pad if you're on PC, window the game and make it a very tiny window then stream or run some movies or catch up on TV and hold down the trigger with a destruction staff so you only pay minimal attention to the game while doing daily dungeon or something. I plan to simply use set pieces that have low piece bonuses for flat weapon damage, 2nd and 3rd piece TOPS. If third piece, better have some critical chance for 2nd piece bonus. I'll work out the most efficient from what I have not giving a rat's *** about the traits on the pieces but going for divines if I have it to boost the weapon damage mundus bonus. 2H and tapping the trigger for aoe, back and tapping the trigger with bow when it's not safe up close, ww and tapping light attack otherwise for bosses and when I really can't waste my attention span on it the trigger held with a destruction staff with the weapon damage and critical chance still. It will take longer to kill things, on top of creating downtimes on top of it, I got too used to double xp and cp gains no longer hold any value anyways so really the only reason for ME to log on will be stables (but I have carry capacity maxed on most toons and speed 2 I run around with most and on my crafter) so basically i plant o do the random queue on one maybe two toons while playing as I just described then logging off until i have spent the crowns I should not have bought recently or I get a taker on the game.

Zyngamax has reliably shown, that any time they can do anything right (scaling content) it is only to sucker people back intot he game and into investing money into it so that when they max changes designed to squeeze more out of yout hey hope you will give in because of what you have already invested. Of course I knew already that was their mindset as soon as I heard the rng boxes were coming into the game since that is the very idea behind those in any way, shape, or platform. This game, and possibly this company are not consumer friendly. I heard Bethesda was one of the companies behind the recent bullying of the cheat engine creator, so between Zyngamax bs and that I am on the cusp of never paying for their content again. I am getting fed up with the sh*t from all of the big companies in recent times. I am about to change my name to Jack Sparrow real soon.
    Edited by necronomniconb14_ESO on April 20, 2017 2:22AM
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I'll still run a Templar healer. It's not like it's going to be the worst healing class now, the other classes are just going to catch up a bit. I'll adapt.
  • Wrecking_Gorilla
    Wrecking_Gorilla
    ✭✭✭

Lastly, we know there’s some apprehension that we’re balancing PvE and PvP gameplay simultaneously without separating the two. We are 100% committed to supporting a single unified game where mechanics and abilities work consistently, with the goal being for players to learn how play efficiently and be able to transfer those skills to other environments. This is one of the reasons we added CC immunities to monsters; when ESO originally launched, you could knock the same mudcrab down over and over. The balance changes we made in this update are aimed at making gameplay more interesting in all areas of the game.

Again, we encourage everyone to hop on the PTS and give these changes a try in both PvE and PvP scenarios rather than just reading about the changes. Once you’ve had a chance to try everything out, we’d love to hear your feedback about what you played.

Shows how little you play, if you even play this game...
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Illurian wrote: »
    9a1c38d3c666dfde4572d8e04fcd6e.png
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Spear Shards: The synergy from this ability and its morphs now restore Stamina or Magicka, whichever percentage is lower. The amount restored is now based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. The synergy also has a shared cooldown with the Necrotic Orb synergy.
      • Luminous Shards (Spear Shards morph): This morph now causes the synergy to also restore an equal amount of Magicka or Stamina to the casting Templar, with a 20-second cooldown.
        Developer Comments:
        This reduces the need to have a Templar to constantly feed Stamina to your Stamina DPS and Tank, while making the Spear Shards synergy more useful to Magicka builds.
    • Dawn’s Wrath
      • Eclipse:
        • This ability and its morphs now last for 3.5 seconds, down from 6 seconds, but can no longer be removed with Break Free. After the effect ends, enemies will gain CC-immunity.
        • Reduced the cost of this ability and its morphs by approximately 20%.
      • Power of the Light (Backlash morph): Fixed an issue where the damage from this morph could be dodged.
      • Purifying Light (Backlash morph): Fixed an issue where the heal from this morph could not critically strike.
    • Restoring Light
      • Mending: This passive ability now increases the healing done by Restoring Light abilities by 6/12% based on the target’s missing health, up from 5/10%.
      • Repentance (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now restores Health and Stamina based on your character level instead of your Max Resource. It also only restores Stamina to the casting Templar, but continues to restore Health to the casting Templar and his allies.
        Developer Comments:
        This will be a buff if your Maximum Stamina is below 29,700 and a nerf if it is above.
      • Rushed Ceremony: This ability and its morphs now heal friendly targets in a 180 degree cone in front of you, instead of all targets in a radius around you.
        Developer Comments:
        Rushed Ceremony has been an extremely potent heal, and we wanted to adjust its effectiveness without making the ability heal for less. With these goals in mind, we made it so the ability only heals targets in front of the Templar. This makes the ability require more strategic positioning and gives the healer more control over who gets healed. You can now position yourself to ensure an ally being attacked will be healed, rather than another player standing in the back.
      • Sacred Ground: This passive ability now grants Minor Mending instead of Major Mending when you are standing in your Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage areas of effect.
        Developer Comments:
        With a similar goal to reducing uptime on Major Mending as noted with the Igneous Shield change, Templars having 100% uptime on Major Mending by just standing within their areas of protection is stronger than we’d like and is one of the reasons they are the most desirable healer in endgame situations. We’ve changed the bonus to Minor Mending instead, but have increased the bonus from the Mending passive to compensate slightly.

The one silver lining I saw with the Morrowind CP changes was the fact that Templars would still be able to aid in resource management. However, with Repentance no longer restoring stamina to the group, and Spear Shards sharing a synergy cooldown with Necrotic Orb, what is the point of running a Templar healer? The main niche of having a Templar over any other class as a healer was the fact that Templars could support resource management so efficiently. I understand the want to reduce that, but to remove it altogether? That's a bit too far.

I understand that Major Mending was too common, but removing it completely from Templars, the only class that has an entire skill line dedicated to healing, makes no sense.

Overall, I'm very disappointed by the patch notes, and hope that some serious reconsideration is done before it appears on live.

Also, I find it hilarious that the strongest class at the moment (mag sorcs) were completely untouched, while everything else suffered significant nerfs.

They want you to p2w by playing Warden from now on.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • TheDoomsdayMonster
    TheDoomsdayMonster
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Read the patch notes; its not all doom and gloom...

Us templars will be fine; our characters will still be able to heal very well at any level with Minor Mending opposed to Major Mending...

I mean, our heals are typically overkill as it is (especially as pertains to PvE content)...

I think some of you need to have a drink and relax; we'll be fine...
    Unyeilding Bias
    PSN TheLordofMurder
    PS4 NA
    Magicka Templar
    DC
    The Combat Physician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZKaqUVm_8JE&t=142s
  • spikesaurus
    spikesaurus
    ✭✭✭
    Opinion---
    As a Magicka PvE Templar healer, I can live with the resource cut, and the removal of Major Mending, and the change to 180Degree for BoL (which was needed), but at the same time....
    Us not having any class source of major sorcery\brutality or the lack of either minor or major expedition, and losing the shards\orbs stack for group support and the repentance group support going.......
    And at the same time a nerf to sets like worm also? ..It's too much.

So now we are still very slow "sitting target", have no decent class shield unless your a maxhealth S&B perma blocker, can't out heal as much incoming damage, can't provide group resources like we used to, and still have a gap closer that fails us ..... great way to encourage people :(

I get that you want more classes being used for more things & that would be great... So make improvements to all the classes & keep the resources cut, but don't destroy an entire classes viability & enjoyment because there were a few BoL spammers & permablockers in PvP. Make adjustments, not sweeping nerfs.

The changes to DK skills & others skills to scale off "Max lvl" is also i think a step in the wrong direction.
    A nerf to sustain was needed & I think the change in the champion points is poorly implemented but a step in the right direction and a definite improvement. .. But also stacking those with the changes to the classes & armour at the same time was a bad idea.

The art & animation in the new zone is beautiful &I haven't seen it miss-match or clip or a flaw yet (besides some missing interiors in the houses lol). The art team need a pat on the back for that.
    The buff tracker is a helpful improvement.

Overall I was excited for the DLC\Expansion\Chapter (whatever you want to call it now), but now I'm not so excited having tried it & tested some stuff.
    /opinion
  • sneakymitchell
    sneakymitchell
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Don't forget it a buff in healing when using resto staff. When trying to heavy attack and u get major mending with templar getting minor mending it would be slight bit powerful than the warden class altogether. I just want to point that out so the community will stop continue this uproar of this so called "Nerfs". I see what u guys are trying to accomplish and I am happy u are doing this. Every class still has a uquie playstyle and more builds will come if the team keeps continuing. I'm proud of u guys for making this slight hard agreement to u guys and mostly the community. And if players are still posting things like u said "Try it out on PTS." And it kind of sucks that it takes u guys so long for balance change but hey at least ur changing cp and making more diminishing for putting a lot of points into it. <3
    NA-Xbox one- Ebonheart Pact- Nord Tank DK
    PC-NA Ebonheart Pact Nord Stam Templar
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Just cancel all these ridiculous "balance" changes. So much incompetence. I was so excited for morrowind, now going to unsub and not even going to bother buying it because the way this company patches things is unreliable, makes no sense, and frankly insulting. I don't care much for the sustain changes tbh I can hardly sustain through a full skele parse without ele drain but I thought no biggie i'll swap some enchants to cost reduction and regen on my magdk and we're good to go. Nope they nerfed the entire class and nerfed sustain all around. I don't want to be playing a whole new different game every 6 months. I really think they don't play this game and frankly anyone who is ok with it or thinks these changes are good is a complete fanboy, brand new to the game, or is in some way affiliated with zos. Can't fathom any other reason.
  • Insanepirate01
    Insanepirate01
    ✭✭✭
    Btw the above pertains to PVE as thats what I play. PVP have their own issues which more than likely will never be addressed either. Just blanket nerfs dumbing the whole game down