The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for the Housing Editor

ZOS_GinaBruno
ZOS_GinaBruno
Community Manager
This is the official feedback thread for the housing editor. Specific feedback that the team is looking for includes the following:
  • Was the Housing Editor easy to use?
  • Did you run into any issues using the Editor?
  • Did you place any Collectibles such as pets, mounts or Assistants?
  • Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home?
  • Do you have any other general feedback?
Gina Bruno
Senior Community Manager
Dev Tracker | Service Alerts | ESO Twitter | My Twitter
Staff Post
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In the Sisters of the Sands Apartment if you place the two lamps on the beam's stones ledges in both corners you cant pick them up again to move them around. They will not highlight like other objects placed in the room.
  • StopDropAndBear
    StopDropAndBear
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cave Bear Cub is listed under Felines in the non-combat pet menu. That's one weird looking cat ;)
  • eldae
    eldae
    ✭✭✭
    housing editor is working as expected. I'd find it useful to have direct up and down keys to go with the turn-on-axis type movement, I don't know if that's possible / anyone else would find it useful :)

placing the crafting tables etc to then be able to interact with them is a little fiddly - the right click align does help with that though.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Crafting station attunement has to be changed so that each station can support multiple sets.

Maybe something around limiting a station to the number of research traits. So each station maybe could support all sets with the same number of trait research requirements.

Otherwise we'll need to attune 105 and place 105 different stations

Was this thought out and actually done during your internal tests cause I don't see how anyone can place that many in One manor

Edited by NewBlacksmurf on January 4, 2017 10:23PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back porch at Twin Arches is done for now ...

The housing editor is really robust, IMO ... thanks ZOS for such a wonderful tool.

Some early feedback:

1. It would be nice to enlarge or minimize assets to scale them to a certain area or function. I bought the Redguard awning from the crown store ... but it was too big to be functional for the small house at Twin Arches.

2. Some guildies were having trouble finding the last tab in the editor for visitor permissions.

3. Our in-house pets just kind of sit there ... they don't have their regular in-game or main menu screen animations :/ .

AuIJqfJ.png

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 4, 2017 10:36PM
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...
    How do I enter the editor? I'm on PC. There's no right toggle + Red B on PC..
    Screenshot:
    20170104170718_1_zpsyvkyuuod.jpg

nvm...
    it's the F5 key. I was already using that key bind for something else.
    Edited by Fudly_budly on January 4, 2017 11:01PM
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...

Be sure to bind the editor to a key in controls-keybindings ...

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 4, 2017 10:37PM
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm sad that even the manors can only have 10 pets/mounts/assistants, feels much much too low. I would love to have all of my mounts in one place so I can look at my collection.
  • Alanar
    Alanar
    ✭✭✭✭
    I find I wish I could mount in many of the outdoor areas. The island in particular takes a long time to cross.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So...
    Screenshot:
    20170104170718_1_zpsyvkyuuod.jpg

@Fudly_budly
    Looks like you're using the gamepad UI.

If u don't have a controller attached, go into settings and use the default UI

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Taternater
    Taternater
    ✭✭✭
    I set down my assistants in my house outside Rawl'ka. I went to IC to attune the crafting stations that my template character automatically got. When I got back my assistants weren't placed anymore.

Also, the furniture vendor in Hollow City sells furniture that require achievements that template characters don't have which makes testing them impossible with said characters.
  • Fudly_budly
    Fudly_budly
    ✭✭✭✭
    So...

@Fudly_budly
    Looks like you're using the gamepad UI.

If u don't have a controller attached, go into settings and use the default UI

thx vm :)
    Rule #1: RL trumps gaming.
    Rule #2: True immersion is RL.
    Rule #3: RL lag is wonderful.
    Rule #4: People matter. Pixels do not.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Taternater wrote: »
    I set down my assistants in my house outside Rawl'ka. I went to IC to attune the crafting stations that my template character automatically got. When I got back my assistants weren't placed anymore.

I had this issue with my assistants/pets as well. I logged off ... and when I returned the game put both my assistant and pet to the first spot that each was placed (not the most recently moved placement).

Also, the furniture vendor in Hollow City sells furniture that require achievements that template characters don't have which makes testing them impossible with said characters.

I'll try to test this on the NA side since we have our regular characters for a couple weeks.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on January 4, 2017 11:58PM
  • bellatrixed
    bellatrixed
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ease of decorating, I would love to see up/down arrows to help line things up exactly. Using the mouse to "point" where you want items to go is nice and easy for most things, but for really getting a design exact, arrows would help with ease of access.

The other potential problem I'm seeing is there is no easy way to line things up, unless I missed it. It would be nice if you could rotate items exactly. This would help when trying to put multiple items together in a row, such as cabinets or bookcases.

If either of these features is already in and I somehow missed it, someone please let me know! I consider them to be decorating "musts". Overall though I really like the options we have here.
    ESO Roleplay | RP community for all factions/servers/platforms
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The other potential problem I'm seeing is there is no easy way to line things up, unless I missed it. It would be nice if you could rotate items exactly. This would help when trying to put multiple items together in a row, such as cabinets or bookcases.

Great points. I had trouble lining things up exactly as I wanted as well ... particularly hanging items from the ceiling (such as that Redguard incense burner).

Moreover, when you right-click to "align", sometimes the asset would align 180 degrees the opposite on the 'y'-axis ... inverting it.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Yes, it was easy to use.
    • Rugs can't be placed too close to doors, it seems, which makes it hard to place them in the starting apartment. I don't know if this is intended.
    • Yes, I placed pets and mounts. I do not like how they just stand there like statues. I would like to be able to set a route for them or to at least command them to lie down or something. If any of this is possible, I didn't find a way to do so.
    • Yes, no problem.
    • Some of the collectibles are placed in weird categories. For example, my senche mounts are under "Wolves". I'm also unhappy with how pets and mounts are displayed like any object. The pets don't even do their regular animations. If they did, it would make thinks more lively. Either way, it is an extensive, overwhelming editor and I can see myself spending several hours using it.
    Edited by Abeille on January 5, 2017 1:28AM
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Amyxleexownsxu
    Amyxleexownsxu
    ✭✭✭
    For me only issue I found was there is a random flame inside forsaken stronghold to the right of the entrance when u come in. everything else looks spiffy!
    Edited by Amyxleexownsxu on January 5, 2017 3:27AM
    PC/NA Since Beta!
    CP 1165

Main
    Rank 27 EP Khajiit Stamblade | Derosianthe | 26k Achieves

Alts
    EP Redguard Stamcro | Reindallia
    EP Bosmer Stamden | Sathiriel
    EP Imperial Stamplar | Velinaszol
    EP Altmer Magsorc | Ophianthil
    EP Dunmer Magknight | Thelisarcis

Housing Enthusiast/Completionism Nerd
    Blood for the Pact!!!
  • kip_silverwolf
    kip_silverwolf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    For ease of decorating, I would love to see up/down arrows to help line things up exactly. Using the mouse to "point" where you want items to go is nice and easy for most things, but for really getting a design exact, arrows would help with ease of access.

I too would like up/down arrows. I was trying to place a table on the veranda of Old Mistveil Manor as well as hang a pot. It was a little awkward not having such arrows.

Apart from that, the editor is easy to use and navigate.

I've placed a few pets and mounts with no issues.

As others have mentioned, it would be nice if pets & mounts kept their animations when placed, and also would be good if we could ride around the yard in some of those larger homes. Though I suppose the exercise would do my Nord good as I can see him getting lazy, spending his days lounging in the pool of that Redguard mansion! :D

"I'm going to live forever..or at least die trying"

drunken Nord & Tamriel streaker since Arena

• theivorykitty
    theivorykitty
    ✭✭✭
    The housing looks fantastic - love how many different types and sizes of housing is available, love the items for the house, love that the editor lets you put things anywhere you want...

However, I do believe that there are too few item slots in the houses. When even the tiniest items (a set of tongs, or a candle) take up a whole item slot, only allowing 700 items in the manor is simply not enough to add much real detail and customization to the place.
  • BigBragg
    BigBragg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Placed Nibenay Mudcrab out in Sleek Creek House multiple times, but it is never there when I return to the property. Perhaps it sneaks off into the creek?
  • Pendrillion
    Pendrillion
    ✭✭✭✭
    I had a bit of trouble with the 3 dimensions. Sometimes while moving the objects further back and forth with the mouse wheel they seemed to just grow in my perspective. Also... Would it be possible to Scale the items a little. The stone slab and the woodfire thing seemed a bit to heavy to have in the starter appartment. Or was that outdoor stuff?
  • Vakromcuthgrand
    ***10/10***
    I love the Homestead update.

There's only a few minor issues with sitting in chairs and benches. Most of them work. Some of them don't. And a bed was missing from one home and the pillows were levitating. Other than that, this is huge and it is good. There will be so many more incentives for the achievements if you are interested in Homesteading. If not, if homesteading doesn't interest you, then move on and pretend it never happened and profit off selling mats to those that are interested.

Good Day to you all!

Thank you to all who have worked sleepless days and nights on this. I'm so excited and ecstatic to test it.
  • Nazarousb14_ESO
    Nazarousb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

Was the Housing Editor easy to use? Yes, specially easy to purchase items.

Did you run into any issues using the Editor?

Did you place any Collectibles such as pets, mounts or Assistants? Yes though after leaving and returning many if not all would no longer be placed.

Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home? The general setting was all I could set and primary residence. Though all I had was blank pages on Guild, visitor and band windows.

Do you have any other general feedback? "Size matters" would love to be able to scale items while placing them.
    Edited by Nazarousb14_ESO on January 5, 2017 2:40AM
  • Auricle
    Auricle
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well, I may be less than psyched for the combat/skill changes this patch, I have to say that the housing system looks bloody amazing. I love how free and open the placement system is and how it ties into crafting. I mean, my house can have a Floating Horse. Sold.

I'm going to build a ladder to the stars. B)
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭

I could place my banker in the house but could not interact with it. After leaving the house and re-entering the banker was still there but still could not interact with it.

Leaving the house, summoning and interacting with the banker in the wild and then re-entering the house had the banker no longer there. I did this twice with the same result each time. I did not test just summoning the banker in the wild but not using it. Will do that next time I log on.

Please, either let the "pets" be summoned inside houses or fix it so that they work and persist inside houses.
  • cellobuddy
    cellobuddy
    ✭✭✭
    One of the biggest things I was looking forward to was having a library with all of the mage's guild books in it. Unfortunately, the books are bigger than the shelves in the bookcases. Seems like a disappointing oversight.
    PC NA
    Capped CP
    Breton Magsorc - Cellobuddy
    Argonian Magplar - Cellobuddyheals
    Altmer Magblade - Cellobuddysteals
    Dunmer MagDK - Cellobuddyburns
    Orsimer Stamsorc - Cellobuddyruns
    Redguard Stamplar - Cellobuddyjabs
    Khajiit StamDK - Cellobuddyslices
    Bosmer Stamblade - Cellobuddysnipes
    Altmer Magplar - Cellobuddybeams
    Nord DK - Cellobuddytanks
    Breton Magden - Cellobuddylistens
    Orsimer Stamden - Cellobuddyprotects
    Argonian Tankden - Cellobuddypaintswithwind

Not the best by any means, but I get the job done.
  • Pistolera_ESO
    Pistolera_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Some items are to big for the preview screen.
    pdeugbuusmy1.png
    This entrance looks sunken in.. may be foundation problems. Might need an inspector to take a look at it. :p
    pcknrg9dx17w.png
    And whenever I try to reposition an item, near where it original was, it says item is already placed.
    -Guildies-
    Tyrs Paladium
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    [*] Was the Housing Editor easy to use?
    Yes, really easy to use and a lot of fun to mess around with when others are in there too doing the same thing.
    [*] Did you run into any issues using the Editor?
    Target Skeleton not appearing right away in the furnishing menu
    [*] Did you place any Collectibles such as pets, mounts or Assistants?
    Yes. Filled up a stable in Daggerfall with my horses and put all my bears into a stable in Bangkorai.
    [*] Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home?
    They didn't take at first but after a few minutes they applied.
    [*] Do you have any other general feedback?
    There needs to be a function to put away all items if you wish to completely refurnish the house inside and outside.
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • AzraelKrieg
    AzraelKrieg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Additional feedback. PLEASE! PLEASE DON'T MAKE THE FURNISHINGS GO TO YOUR MAIN INVENTORY! GIVE THEM THEIR OWN SPACE SIMILAR TO MATERIALS GO TO THE CRAFT BAG!
    Gold Dragons Guildmaster PC-NACR2000+
    Kalthar Wolf-Brother – EP Templar - 50 Maeli Valen - EP NB - 50Naps-During-Trials – EP Templar - 50Rulnakh - EP Sorc - 50Azrael Krieg - EP NB – 50Uvithasa Telvanni – EP DK – 50More-Tail - EP Warden - 50Narile Galen - EP Sorc - 50Bone Soldier - EP Necro - 50Naps-During-Trails - EP Necro - 50
  • Lunachik
    Lunachik
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Housing Editor easy to use? It took a bit of messing around with to find the right way to use the controls, but in general it is easy to use. Maybe could use a bit of a tutorial.

Did you run into any issues using the Editor? Some items are not scaled for the preview screen, examples are statues, trees etc. They are just too big to view.

Did you place any Collectibles such as pets, mounts or Assistants? I placed mounts and pets. I was really disappointed that I could place only 8 of my pets/mounts on a huge property. I was using Hunding's Palatial Hall. I have a pretty big collection, would be nice to actually be able to display them all. What else is a huge palatial hall for? :)

Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home? I could see the number of items, I did not try setting permissions.

Do you have any other general feedback? I think the items are categorized in a way that isn't really intuitive. It would be nice if that were something the player could customize a bit , so there is choice to sort your items, not by room/area, , but by the type of item; seating, lighting, bedding, shelving, storage, plants, etc.

I also felt that listing where an item was by distance didn't really work well for me. It would be great to be able to change that as a preference. I'd rather see what room or area it's in, so when I look at my 'lamp' for example, instead of seeing 2m and an arrow for direction, just having the name of the room or floor or what have you, 'upper lvl room 2' or however it will be marked.
    **Mara's Moxie * The Sidekick Order * Azura's Guidance *Hallowed Holes of Tamriel **