The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Feedback Thread for the Housing Editor

• Lavum
    Lavum
    ✭✭✭
    Was the Housing Editor easy to use?
    Easy, kinda, there is a learning curve but i rather enjoy it.

Did you run into any issues using the Editor?
    No, seemed rather smooth most of the time.

Did you place any Collectibles such as pets, mounts or Assistants?
    Putting a rug on a wall seemed to be rather tricky. I really didn't have issues placing items. There were some issues with actual items- See Below

Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home?
    Yes, I messed with permissions but did not dig really far into it. I would like to see Guild bound housing. so ppl could use existing homes for guild homes if they so choose.

Do you have any other general feedback?
    I have the Hunding Manson. I noticed that chairs placed in the tower or on the 2nd outside level of the home were not usable. This is a severe drawback for me. the usable placeables seem rather fickle.
    Don't say -"Cash Grab" when it is a "Cash Grab" by ZoS. Apparently "Cash Grab" is not PC.
  • Krainor1974
    Krainor1974
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Putting items on wall is very tricky same as trying stack blocks. If you hit level sometime it won't really level correctly against a wall it should level on the wall not vertically. Trying level blocks on each other is fine until you go more than 2 blocks high.
    I really think you should add a option that allows the buyer to have a open area house or a house with walled out rooms.
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Housing
    Housing Editor
    • Fixed an issue that prevented certain very thin furnishings, like carpets, from being selected in the Housing Editor when placed in the home.
    • Improved the categorization of several furnishings within the Housing Editor.
    • Previewing the “Argonian Drum, Ceremonial” furnishing in the Home Editor now correctly displays the drum instead of just showing your character.
    • The rotation interface in the Housing Editor can no longer be obscured by nearby objects.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented you from canceling the placement of an item if you had a full inventory.

So basically no change, your throwing it into live with this useless system. I was considering buying a house out of the crown store, but now I'm seriously reconsidering since I wont be able to build anything that looks halfway decent. Or maybe that was your plain; give us a useless system so people would be forced to buy the pre decorated versions from the crown store so they don't look like a two year old was placing the furniture. You guys didn't even attempt to fix the horrid interface. This is why you get so many negative comments around here. You put in new changes and systems then don't bother to fix and finish them before moving on to the next thing, which adds even more new problems onto the pile that you never end up fixing. But of course since the housing editor isn't pvp, you guys just don't care about it.
  • Hearts_Wake
    Hearts_Wake
    ✭✭✭
    Well there be storage crates/ chests? Or only hireling banks and such?
    QQ.
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I may be the only one here, but ...

I can't find any Housing Editor.

What Editor?

It is not easy to figure out how to place items in the home. At least it wasn't easy for me. I don't see any Housing Editor, and can't place the items directly from my inventory or collections menus, which is what you would expect to be able to do. Perhaps you can make the update a little more user-friendly in terms of telling people how to find the housing editor?

And now I feel like an idiot, so I'll go now. LOL.

I think this update will be amazing, though. Really looking forward to it coming out on the live servers.

• Xeroxed
    Xeroxed
    ✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    I may be the only one here, but ...

I can't find any Housing Editor.

What Editor?

It is not easy to figure out how to place items in the home. At least it wasn't easy for me. I don't see any Housing Editor, and can't place the items directly from my inventory or collections menus, which is what you would expect to be able to do. Perhaps you can make the update a little more user-friendly in terms of telling people how to find the housing editor?

And now I feel like an idiot, so I'll go now. LOL.

I think this update will be amazing, though. Really looking forward to it coming out on the live servers.

When you're in the house, there's a tooltip or whatever at the bottom of your screen - F5 for Housing Editor. But I agree that that and other things about the housing are less than intuitive. Like at first I had no idea why some house previews had furniture and others didn't - I didn't realize that changing that option in the purchase screen changed the preview too, derp. Not nearly enough feedback to that effect to inform the user.
    More of me on the 'Net: Julia Grammer
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be really nice if there were steps we could buy and place. There's a lot of places I'd like to add stairs to houses and although you can do it with the various blocks (or other objects like crates, chairs, trays etc.) that means you have to jump up each one instead of your character running smoothly up them.

It would also drastically reduce the number of items required, allowing me more actual furnishings.
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Housing
    Housing Editor
    • Fixed an issue that prevented certain very thin furnishings, like carpets, from being selected in the Housing Editor when placed in the home.
    • Previewing the “Argonian Drum, Ceremonial” furnishing in the Home Editor now correctly displays the drum instead of just showing your character.
    • The rotation interface in the Housing Editor can no longer be obscured by nearby objects.
    • Fixed an issue that prevented you from canceling the placement of an item if you had a full inventory.

So basically no change, your throwing it into live with this useless system. I was considering buying a house out of the crown store, but now I'm seriously reconsidering since I wont be able to build anything that looks halfway decent. Or maybe that was your plain; give us a useless system so people would be forced to buy the pre decorated versions from the crown store so they don't look like a two year old was placing the furniture. You guys didn't even attempt to fix the horrid interface. This is why you get so many negative comments around here. You put in new changes and systems then don't bother to fix and finish them before moving on to the next thing, which adds even more new problems onto the pile that you never end up fixing. But of course since the housing editor isn't pvp, you guys just don't care about it.

I'm surprised you think the system is useless. I've found it really good and after a little bit of experimentation easy to use and I've heard the same from lots of other people.

There are some "tricks" that make it easier, like remembering you can turn collision off (shortcut is T, can't remember now what the option is called) or turning walk on which makes small movements easier to do. But in general I haven't had any issues with it, except the bug where aligning a tapestry to a vertical surface places it horizontally - meaning you need to align it to the floor in front of where you want it and then place it manually.

I think the only option I'd add that I haven't found is the ability to slide things left and right as well as forwards and back.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

"Remember in this game we call life that no one said it's fair"
  • Tyrobag
    Tyrobag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danikat wrote: »
    It would be really nice if there were steps we could buy and place. There's a lot of places I'd like to add stairs to houses and although you can do it with the various blocks (or other objects like crates, chairs, trays etc.) that means you have to jump up each one instead of your character running smoothly up them.

It would also drastically reduce the number of items required, allowing me more actual furnishings.
    Tyrobag wrote: »
    Housing
    Housing Editor

I'm surprised you think the system is useless. I've found it really good and after a little bit of experimentation easy to use and I've heard the same from lots of other people.

There are some "tricks" that make it easier, like remembering you can turn collision off (shortcut is T, can't remember now what the option is called) or turning walk on which makes small movements easier to do. But in general I haven't had any issues with it, except the bug where aligning a tapestry to a vertical surface places it horizontally - meaning you need to align it to the floor in front of where you want it and then place it manually.

I think the only option I'd add that I haven't found is the ability to slide things left and right as well as forwards and back.

Turning off surface drag isn't a trick, its one of the only two actual features that were included. And without a grid to guide objects into position its worth is drastically reduced.

"I think the only option I'd add that I haven't found is the ability to slide things left and right as well as forwards and back."

So the only feature you'd add is the one that is absolutely necessary for any sort of manipulation.

The editor is fine if the only thing you want to do is place a piece of furniture, if you don't care what angle its at. But if you want to actually make anything that looks good so your house stands out, you have to spend hours trying to align every little thing.

Even the most basic 3D editors have axial slides.
    Edited by Tyrobag on January 17, 2017 5:17PM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was able to use the House Editor today. Once I saw how to get into it, it was super easy to use. Nice!

I haven't found a merchant that sells beds yet. Do ANY of the furniture merchants sell beds? You should be able to buy some basic, low-level furniture in the game like a basic bed. All I've seen so far being sold from a merchant is that tiny table and stool, and tons of plants and rocks.

My other critique is that the limit for the amount of collectibles per house is super low. It's only four for Autumn's Gate (small home in The Rift). That means if I put three horses outside, I'd only be able to place one pet inside. There doesn't seem to be any logical reason for this limit. At least add two more to the limit, please. It would be fun to fill my yard with horses, and my house with dogs (or sep adders, or pigs ...).

• Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just encountered a weird bug which caused my game to crash.

I removed all the default furnishings from (unfurnished) Mournoth Keep, then tried to place an Orcish Shelter, Shingled. I only had 1 of them in my inventory. I spent some time adjusting the position then pressed E to place it and got an error message saying "An object is already being placed". It stayed selected and moveable so I tried adjusting the position and pressed E again, only to get the same message.

I gave up and pressed R to put it back in my inventory and turned away from the empty space where I had been trying to put it. When I turned around again I realised it had actually appeared. I clicked it, intending to adjust the position and got a black screen and then the crash report window.

When I loaded back into the game it was still there and I was able to select it and put it back in my inventory. I was then able to place it successfully.
    PC EU player | She/her/hers | PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

• Truthsnark
    Truthsnark
    ✭✭✭✭
    We need to be able to see on mouse-over in the Housing Editor what the name of the item is. I shouldn't have to pick something up, put it in my inventory, open Browse, find it in the inventory menu, then read the name AND THEN replace it back exactly how I had it, to know what I'm looking at in the Editor. Stuff already lights up on mouse-over, and there's plenty of room in the action bar at the bottom of the screen to show what the name of the item is, can this be done? It would take good chunk of clunk out of the editor. [Edited - my developer husband tells me I should never assume something is easy without knowing exactly how things are linked together behind the scenes so this portion of the message is rescinded but nonetheless the rest of it stands :smile: ]
    Edited by Truthsnark on January 18, 2017 12:05AM
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There needs to be a simple way to put all books that you buy on a bookshelf rather than endless rotating and trial and error. A simple "place all" thing, maybe like how you put books on bookshelves in Skyrim. This could get very frustrating.
    Edited by JD2013 on January 18, 2017 12:40AM
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • OMA
    OMA
    ✭✭✭
    Housing Editor

1. Preview of large items is impossible. Please fix this.

C9P1aUT.png

2. Please Explain these Prices, what defines a purple item from a white, green or blue item? Some of these just seem to be random qualities and the Price leap between blue and purple seems unreasonable. The designs don't seem any better or more complex in many of the purple items than it is in a white or green item? In this example, buying the 2 separate parts of another item that is also purple but contains BOTH parts is exactly the same price. The leap from Blue at 150 to Purple at 400 just doesn't seem right. From the green up until blue the leap is only 100 crowns, purple should be 250 crowns by those standards. Realize that the CHEAPER you make these the MORE of them people will buy them. People might not buy apples and bananas for 50 crowns because they are green but common food items like that should be white and only cost 10 crowns at most.

L36EahA.png

3. Items in preview are sunk into the ground! Yes even the smaller ones, the tapestries..are down in the ground, various lamps and other smaller items too, it's random, this needs a thorough quality check before you go live please.

SXe0oqs.png

4. Also please review the Catagories. I like that there is an intended destination for each of these items, that Braziers and candles and lamp posts should be put in different areas...maybe that's the way your game designers have things categorized so you can standardize new zone builds. However, people just want to find a candle or a lamp ...or chair and sofa or a stool. So these need to be easier to find. All lighting objects under the category called 'Lighting'. Nothing fancy needed. All Seating under well, Seating, All tables under Tables.. I mean it's nice to have a suggested location but face it, if we can stick a brazier under a curtain and catch the house on fire, we're gonna do it regardless of the designated location. We probably bought a brazier because we couldn't figure out the category for a lamp or a candle. It's rather clunky to go through there trying to find something so simple but having to also know the destination. (Also, Us Americans like it simple, we have bedrooms, living rooms, kitchen, basements and OUTSIDE. The rest is a bit fancy for the typical American!) But okay anyway figured out the difference between a parlor and a suite and a shrine and a conservatory...well you get my drift hopefully?

• cckat26b14_ESO
    cckat26b14_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Would be nice to have a working cooking station that looks good in doors.. a camp fire just looks wrong in the middle of a room
  • Sir_Xalvador
    Sir_Xalvador
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Was it easy to use...
    This is the biggest complaint I have..
    Well lets see, Taking stuff from the editor and putting it on the ground is easy, but when you try to put 2 or more of the same pieces together to make something, it is very disappointing because you CAN NOT put them together PERFECT, or one becomes as though it was set to phantom and you fall through it...
    your editor really needs to take some lessons from the the game second life and that editor because not only can you turn it in circles and flip it any way you want but you can raise it up or down and move it side to side you also can place numbers so that every piece is perfectly lined up whether its side to side up or down etc. Instead of holding it and walking with it to place it in the area that you want it and trying to line stuff up perfectly

• Norakai
    Norakai
    ✭✭✭
    Now after beeing able to test with my EU account i spottet that the alliance warhorse is always from the daggerfall covenant.

horse.jpg
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Truthsnark wrote: »
    We need to be able to see on mouse-over in the Housing Editor what the name of the item is. I shouldn't have to pick something up, put it in my inventory, open Browse, find it in the inventory menu, then read the name AND THEN replace it back exactly how I had it, to know what I'm looking at in the Editor. Stuff already lights up on mouse-over, and there's plenty of room in the action bar at the bottom of the screen to show what the name of the item is, can this be done? It would take good chunk of clunk out of the editor. [Edited - my developer husband tells me I should never assume something is easy without knowing exactly how things are linked together behind the scenes so this portion of the message is rescinded but nonetheless the rest of it stands :smile: ]

I agree, this would be extremely helpful.

I ran into a problem with this last night when I was decorating the garden in Mournoth Keep. I bought a bunch of random trees (because the preview is useless for trees) and then chose the ones I wanted to use and started placing them. Then I found I wanted a 2nd (or 3rd, 4th etc.) of some of them, but I couldn't remember what they were called (and it's not like I could use the preview to find the right ones). I had to pick them up, find the name, remember it and put them back.

Fortunately trees don't need to be placed exactly, it's fairly easy to make them look ok quickly. It'd be a real pain if it was something like a tapestry I'd carefully positioned against the wall (without being able to use the align tool because that doesn't work for tapestries) and then I had to do it all over again.

• GeraintAmbrosia
    GeraintAmbrosia
    ✭✭✭
    Some of the achievement furniture/statue items I bought vanish after a while in my home (Ebonheart Chateau), same for some crown housing store items.
    Edited by GeraintAmbrosia on January 18, 2017 10:25AM
  • SydneyGrey
    SydneyGrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BUG: (Well, more like a minor oversight)
    When you open the Housing Editor, the Pride King Lion mount appears listed under the "wolves" category.
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SydneyGrey wrote: »
    BUG: (Well, more like a minor oversight)
    When you open the Housing Editor, the Pride King Lion mount appears listed under the "wolves" category.

It's the same for the clouded senche-leopard. I assume the other senche mounts are classed as wolves too but I don't have them so I can't check.

• BlackSparrow
    BlackSparrow
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Fairly easy, once you get the hang of it. You quickly learn which items are good to surface drag, which you want to approach from certain angles, etc. I also like that if you have multiples of a certain item in your inventory, it selects the next one as soon as you place the previous down, and keeps it in the same position. Makes it very nice to stack a couple blocks. :)

A couple small annoyances more than huge game-breaking issues, but here's a quick list:
    • Rotation seemed either too sensitive or not sensitive enough. I was using hanging carpets as curtains, and it was almost impossible to get them at right angles with the ground... they tilted 10 degrees left, and I lightly tapped the rotate button to find that they snapped ten degrees to the right.
    • Really, a more robust "snap to..." option would be nice. If I'm building a wall out of bookshelves, I currently have to finagle each around individually and back up a couple times to make sure they're staying even. If they could just snap into alignment with one another, tasks like that would be much easier.
    • When grabbing large objects to move them, you always grab them from the same spot. This can be extremely unhelpful if you're trying to line up the edges with something, like putting a large carpet up against a wall, because you can't see the wall.
    • Is there a way to select multiple items and move them as a group? I had put a platter of grapes on a table, then decided I wanted to move the table... which meant I had to first move the table, then move the platter, then move each grape one by one. It would have been much easier to move all those things at once.
    • It seems I lost a rug after logging out and logging back in... though I might have accidentally moved it without realizing, so it's hard to tell if that's a bug or user error. XD

Yep. Haven't had one disappear since the patch, so seems good so far. :)

I'll echo what others have said about having them idle a bit better. Right now, the dog moves its head slightly, and the cat will sometimes sit down... but they're still too still to be believable as living creatures. Dogs don't stand in one position like that, so it strikes me as eerie even though I can see it panting. :(

The only idle animation I really bought was the monkey. It sat where you placed it and ate bugs off the ground (I put him on a counter next to a bowl of fruit, so he was eating the fruit :) ). That's the sort of idle animations we should be seeing in the other pets: relaxed most of the time, and maybe occasionally doing a thing characteristic of itself, like the cat grooming itself.

Were you able to properly set permissions and see how many items were in your home?

I like how the item limit is so easily accessible in the Housing Editor. You know exactly where you stand for items.

My sister (who is obviously on my Friends list) was able to port into my house while I was working on it before I'd set permissions (which defaulted to "no one"). Is that intended? Or are those permissions only for when I'm away, and when I'm present anyone can come into the house if they have my name on a list? I'm a bit confused by that.

Only that I'm so excited to be able to do this on live, where my changes will be more permanent. :)
    Edited by BlackSparrow on January 18, 2017 2:50PM
    Living vicariously through my characters.

My Girls:
    "If you were trapped in your house for, say, a year, how would you pass the time?"

Nephikah the Houseless, dunmer assassin: "I suppose I could use the break. I have a lot of business holdings now that need management."
    Swum-Many-Waters, elderly argonian healer: "I think that I would enjoy writing a memoir."
    Silh'ki, khajiit warrior-chef: "Would this one be able to go outside, to the nearby river? It's hard to fish without water!"
    Peregrine Huntress, bosmer hunter: "Who is forcing me to stay inside, and where can I find them?"
    Lorenyawe, altmer mechanist: "And why would I want to go outside in the first place? Too much to be done in the workshop."
    Lorelai Magpie, breton master thief: "I'd go nuts. Lucky for me, I have a little experience sneaking out!"
    Rasheda the Burning Heart, redguard knight: "I would continue my training to keep my skills sharp."
    Hex-Eye Azabi, khajiit daedric priestess: "I suppose it would be lucky, then, that I built a shrine to Mephala in my backyard."
    Yngva Stormhammer, nord bandit (reformed...ish): "I hate being inside even when I'm not forced to be. GET. ME. OUT."
    Madam Argentia, vampire dunmer aristocrat: "I suppose it would be more of the same. I have a rather... contentious relationship with the sun."
    Mazie gra-Bolga, orc scout: "Uh... I'd have to house train my bear..."
    Felicia the Wanderer, imperial witch-for-hire: "What Lorelai said."
    Calico Jaka-dra, retired khajiit pirate: "This one would like a rest from her grand adventures. Her jewel shop runs out of stock!"
    Shimmerbeam, blind altmer psijic: "Provided that I am confined to Artaeum, I do not think I will want for things to occupy my time."
    Shauna Blackfire, redguard necromancer: "Sounds like paradise. I hate people."
    Kirniel the Undying, cursed bosmer warrior: "I would feel useless, not being able to fight."
    Echoes-from-Dragons, argonian who thinks she's a dragon: "All the better to count my hoard!"

(Signature idea shamelessly stolen from Abeille.)
  • Zarrakon
    Zarrakon
    ✭✭✭
    As other people have mentioned, getting objects to be where you want them with the right orientation is nearly impossible. The two main factors in this are:

- Camera angles cannot be changed without moving the object; I really, really, really need to be able to look at an object from more than one point to be able to center it along 3 axes.

- Translating objects is nearly impossible. The mouse scroll wheel seems to be what I need to use to move objects further/closer, along with actually moving my character further/closer, but these controls are extremely (almost unforgivably...) crude.

I think the rotation system in place is good (and needs to remain), but we should also have 6 buttons available that translate the object along 3 axes (these can be absolute, e.g. north/south/east/west/up/down or relative to the character, or ideally toggleable between these two from options in-game or something). You could even just add a key in the housing editor that toggles between translation controls and rotation controls. I honestly don't think the camera angles thing is even that a big deal if you can just implement this, and I think not implementing something like this will generate a lot of complaints and frustration with the housing system when this goes live.

For camera angles, I (personally) don't think freedom to move the camera is necessary. I think there just needs to be a button you can hold to view the object from a different angle (e.g. I'd like to be able to hold right-shift or something to get a view of the object from the same distance out, just 90 degrees clockwise). This is less big a deal if I can easily translate objects, because I'm fine with going in and out of the housing editor to edge it in place.

My last suggestion: let us reflect objects! (This would be nice, but I don't care too much about this one..)
  • AdAstra
    AdAstra
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

Hi! I am loving everything about this so far so I want to start off by saying great job to you and your team = )

I feel like most topics have been touched already but my suggestion is to make hanging tapestries with the guild crest symbols on it. Perhaps you can make them craftable so we can edit the color and maybe even the shape as well. It would be really neat if we could essentially mimic our guild tabards and hang them on our walls to represent our allegiances.

Thank you!
  • EdgarMoose
    I like the update so far. As a Khajiit I like the Sleekcreekhouse. While decorating the houses I found out that the invisible ceiling is very low in the houses. There is so much space to the roof which never can be used - e.g. for a plateau where you can place a bed on top. Maybe you could higher the invisible ceiling in these houses a little bit for more possibiblities? :-)
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭

Some parts, yes. The idea is ok.

Other parts, a loud NO.

One time, I put a table on it's side and went to pick it up to adjust it. Painstakingly lined it up just perfect and set it down only for it to be a strange sideways 90 degrees from where I placed it :/ Trying to correct it just put it back where it was.

Large items like the wedding curtains are impossible to place because the camera is stuck staring at the left ground item. Hello? This is a hanging item! At the very least, let me look up and see where the pole is!

If I pick something up, sometimes it lets me pick it up where I had my cursor, NP. Good.
    Other items have you stuck staring at a fixed point of the item, making it very very difficult to move or reposition as this often has the item in a wildly different area of the room and no way to see what you're doing.

Yes.

Yes. Some items cannot be removed from the house like the Kajiit Column, Spiked

Please put in keyboard commands. Even if they're unofficial and put on Reddit or something, we NEED a "shift left 1 pixel" command.

Dancing around like an idiot (and subsequently tapping double tap to have you yards away from where you're trying to place the item) is not good. Fine adjustments is very very needed please.

Also, why are ALL houses just labeled "classic" and "Staple"? Take it off then. It's not in the least bit helpful. It would be nice if they were labeled a bit better like, "Large" Medium" "Small" "Inn" etc.
    Edited by Firestar_ on January 19, 2017 9:58PM
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Firestar_
    Firestar_
    ✭✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    Taternater wrote: »
    I set down my assistants in my house outside Rawl'ka. I went to IC to attune the crafting stations that my template character automatically got. When I got back my assistants weren't placed anymore.

Also, the furniture vendor in Hollow City sells furniture that require achievements that template characters don't have which makes testing them impossible with said characters.

I could place my banker in the house but could not interact with it. After leaving the house and re-entering the banker was still there but still could not interact with it.

Leaving the house, summoning and interacting with the banker in the wild and then re-entering the house had the banker no longer there. I did this twice with the same result each time. I did not test just summoning the banker in the wild but not using it. Will do that next time I log on.

Please, either let the "pets" be summoned inside houses or fix it so that they work and persist inside houses.

For bankers, merchants and crafting stations, you must place them so they are not yellow or red outlined.
    Firestar - Imperial Templar - Ebonheart Pact
    Reasons-For-War - Argonian Dragonknight - Ebonheart Pact
    Pearl Winterstone - Orc Sorcerer - Ebonheart Pact
    Jerro - Dunmer Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant
  • Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    When placing a Crafting Station: These items always appear reversed when placed. The back of the crafting station faces the player.

When positioning an object: After highlighting an object, pressing E to select it to move for some reason causes the entire screen to jump or shift jarringly. This forces the player to completely reposition the object. The transition from Selection of Object to Move Object should be smooth.
  • Willard
    Willard
    ✭✭✭
    Placed an attuned (Magnus) BS station and Clothing station in the Daggerfall Overlook House, left for as bit--went to Stormhaven, and when I returned--they were gone. Not in inventory, can't be recovered, nothing--Just gone. If this was a live server, I would certainly be a bit upset!

Additionally, the Attunable Woodworking station deed will not work at the Greenshade Magnus woodworking station --I keep getting a message saying I must be next to a Crafting Station, but would work at the Shadowfin station.
    Edited by Willard on January 20, 2017 8:42PM
  • Danikat
    Danikat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When removing a Rough Planks, Wide from Humblemud (which was placed so it clipped through both the house and the outside wall) I got the following error:

EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureManager_Shared.lua:340: attempt to index a nil value
    stack traceback:
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureManager_Shared.lua:340: in function 'ZO_SharedFurnitureManager:RemoveFurnitureFromCategory'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureManager_Shared.lua:64: in function 'ApplyFurnitureCommand'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureManager_Shared.lua:113: in function 'RefreshSingle'
    EsoUI/Libraries/Refresh/Refresh.lua:65: in function 'ZO_Refresh:UpdateRefreshGroups'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/FurnitureManager_Shared.lua:370: in function 'ZO_SharedFurnitureManager:GetPlaceableFurnitureCategoryTreeData'
    (tail call): ?
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:121: in function 'ZO_HousingBrowserList:BuildCategories'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:359: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureList:BuildCategories'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/FurnitureClasses_Keyboard.lua:346: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureList:UpdateLists'
    EsoUI/Ingame/HousingEditor/Keyboard/HousingFurnitureBrowser_Keyboard.lua:55: in function 'ZO_HousingFurnitureBrowser_Keyboard:UpdatePlaceablePanel'

Everything seems to have worked correctly in spite of the error message.

Also the door from the Humblemud courtyard into the house clips into the wall. It appears to be sitting on top of a section of wall (instead of an empty space) and opens inwards so when you open it the door just clips into the wall until you load into the house.

Also I think the pet categories Frosty Critters and Woodland Critters might be backwards. Of the pets I have the Bantam Guar, Sanguine's Black Goat and Striated Pony Guar are classed as Frosty Critters (note that two of these are native to Morrowind/Black Marsh) and the Echalette, Imagkin Monkey and Pocket Mammoth are classed as Woodlands Critters - two of which are native to Wrothgar and Skyrim.
    Edited by Danikat on January 20, 2017 11:00PM

• Totes-Bode
    Totes-Bode
    ✭✭✭
    Firestar_ wrote: »
    Large items like the wedding curtains are impossible to place because the camera is stuck staring at the left ground item. Hello? This is a hanging item! At the very least, let me look up and see where the pole is!

The same issue is present with tall trees. It is not possible to see the top of the tree when the item is selected to move. One cannot zoom out and so it takes many different shifts of the item to ensure for instance the top of the tree doesn't clip into the roof of a building.