The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    There are about 7 sets that does insane burst damage when combined.

Velindreth , Viper, Widowmaker, Red Mountain,Tremorscale, Selene and Eternal Hunt.

I've made a quick search and counted the sets that contain healing and damaging which will receive crit nerf.There are approximately 70 sets that will NOT critically damage enemy or heal ally be cause of these 7 sets that does burst damage in pvp.

If Im missing something please explain it to me Rich.

Rip poisoned serpent in PVE, already considered one of the weaker sets and only works in specific none meta builds.
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
  • AlexTech0x
    AlexTech0x
    ✭✭✭
    Have you guys ever thought about nerfing Sneak? ¬_¬
  • Kutsuu
    Kutsuu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ankael07 wrote: »
    There are about 7 sets that does insane burst damage when combined.

Velindreth , Viper, Widowmaker, Red Mountain,Tremorscale, Selene and Eternal Hunt.

I've made a quick search and counted the sets that contain healing and damaging which will receive crit nerf.There are approximately 70 sets that will NOT critically damage enemy or heal ally be cause of these 7 sets that does burst damage in pvp.

If Im missing something please explain it to me Rich.

Let's conveniently leave out Skoria because bias. ;)
    PC/NA

Envy Me - Sorc
    Kutsus - NB
    Kutsmuffin - Temp
    Kutsuu the Destroyer - NB
    Kutsuu - Temp
    Natsu Dragoneel - DK
    Kutsumo - NB
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On behalf of all the PvE players that don't pull 40K+ DPS and have spent hours and hours and precious gold mats finding the perfect monster helms, I apologize for being part of the "PvP crowd" that just prompted ZoS to slap you with a dubious and unnecessary broad-brushed nerf.
    Unnecessary? ffs :dizzy:
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paraflex wrote: »
    Good changes thanks for giving out some info. PvE players are hilarious with all the crying going on. Changes happen in all video games guys let them continue to make improvements without harsh criticism it's not an easy job to do especially with people being critical of all the decisions being made. PvE will survive and adapt.

@ZOS_RichLambert

Its just a lazy arsed fix that will prob take them 5 mins to do, and in the end will hardly nerf the sets in pvp, yet drastically affect them in pve.
  • Iselin
    Iselin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    DoccEff wrote: »
    Kr'agh: 3022 to 1717 dps ---> -43.2%.
    Red Mountain: 2623 to 1446 dps ---> -44.9%
    Viper (who even uses this for PvE?): 2587 to 1616 dps. ---> -37.5%

48079 to 44548 = -7.3%

There is more to life than proc crits, and if that is all people are seeing, then I can see why it needs to be changed.

What is being overlooked is that this build he is running is using 3 different proc's, and lost 7% total. Most builds do not use 3 proc's and will not be nerfed by 7%.

He's using exactly what my stamsorc uses including abilities (great minds think alike :)) It'll be a 7% nerf for me too.

I would have preferred a PVP-only solution but this isn't as bad as I expected the nerf to be.
  • Integral1900
    Integral1900
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Marvelouse, pve majority takes it in the crotch for the grumble bunny minority in pvp

This has me very concerned about the rest of the balance, why in gods name didn't they just release them all in one go?
  • Kerioko
    Kerioko
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc sets
    We are going to be making some changes to these sets to balance out their burst potential. When the update hits, any set that has a damage or heal proc component to it will no longer crit in PVE or PVP. We chose this direction as we like the concept of these sets and still want them to be interesting and viable, we just wanted to tone down their overall burst potential. (sustain is slightly reduced, while burst potential is significantly reduced)

Haha, so am I reading this right? They want to counter proc sets by making them not crit. However, most people who regularly PVP wear full impen and are at or above the crit resistance cap when grouped with a healer using transmutation. So this change doesn't really do anything for actual PVP players. It is just a blanket nerf to PVE damage and may help a few lone PVE players in PVP (the ones with no impen armor) keep from getting ganked in under 2 sec!
    Dinosaur Chicken Nuggets - Argonian mNB Tank/Heals (PVP)
    Strawberry Semifreddo - Dunmer mSorc DPS // Sunny D-Light - Breton mTemp Heals
    Peanut Butter Sandwich - Orc sDK DPS // Kellogg's Frosted Flakes - Argonian mWard Tank/Heals (PVE)
    Cor-Leonis
    friendship - integrity - perseverance
  • Lady_Rosabella
    Lady_Rosabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good changes thanks for giving out some info. PvE players are hilarious with all the crying going on. Changes happen in all video games guys let them continue to make improvements without harsh criticism it's not an easy job to do especially with people being critical of all the decisions being made. PvE will survive and adapt.

@ZOS_RichLambert

Lol says the person who started these discussions:

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/261171/next-dlc-looks-disappointing-for-pvp-cancel-your-eso-plus-and-dont-buy-it#latest

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/307075/homestead-and-pvp-outlook#latest
    https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/281026/battle-spirit-5k-hp-free-buff-why-does-this-still-exist-the-game-evolved-remove-it#latest
  • Tyrion87
    Tyrion87
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ginoboehm wrote: »
    @ZOS_RichLambert do you use impen in pvp? why did you nerf proc sets in pve to the ground and only marginally made them weaker on pvp?

Yep I use impen - even with 7 impen, crits still hurt. On the PVE side, It's about a 7-8% nerf to sustain from my internal testing. (using Viper, Red Mountain and Kra on my stam sorc) I wouldn't call that nerfed into the ground.

But why, for the gods sake, are you making these changes to proc sets in PvE??!!

NOBODY ASKED FOR THIS!!! PROC SETS DON'T NEED A NERF IN PVE!!!

All the whining about these sets was coming from PvPers (for a good reason). And as a result PvE is going to be f**ked up again! Monster sets will no longer be a thing in PvE (in harder end game content). I will definitely replace them with a second full 5pc set (head+shoulders+jewelry).

I knew it will happen if you start "adjusting" proc sets for PvP. Just be honest with us, you know these sets need a nerf only for PvP purposes, but you are just unable to separate those changes from PvE.

I am no longer waiting for update 13. I am nearly sure that with this so-called "balance" patch you will "unbalance" the game even more.
  • Derra
    Derra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DoccEff wrote: »
    Kr'agh: 3022 to 1717 dps ---> -43.2%.
    Red Mountain: 2623 to 1446 dps ---> -44.9%
    Viper (who even uses this for PvE?): 2587 to 1616 dps. ---> -37.5%

48079 to 44548 = -7.3%

There is more to life than proc crits, and if that is all people are seeing, then I can see why it needs to be changed.

you realize that this is exactly what we are saying? pve proc sets are not a problem. nerfing them for pve cannot be the goal ( and they are getting majorily nerfed). in pvp proc sets are a major problem. their crit is not the main issue there

Well don´t you think certain sets (like grothdarr or ilambris) under specific circumstances providing up to 10% of a players total dps are a little overperforming?
    <Noricum>
    I live. I die. I live again.

Derra - DC - Sorc - AvA 50
    Derrah - EP - Sorc - AvA 50

• Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This thread is banter... such a good read while eating my pringles
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All the scubs running Viper made this happen.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert

People are bringing up a good point, why the hell did you nerf things by making them not crit when PVP wears full impen anyway? Just impliment a global cooldown.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Proc Sets made up such a large portion of your DPS that this nerf is severely hampering your output, then the proc sets were definitely over-performing and in need of a nerf.
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Damn, looks like PvP will be more playable, but PvE? Bosses living 10sec longer? This will ruin PvE. /s

Now for the serious matter. Having more ways to spend AP and therefore spend less time in PvE is great. Wish it included dungeon sets.
  • Agobi
    Agobi
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_RichLambert

to improve :

1. To raise to a more desirable or more excellent quality or condition; make better

2. To make beneficial additions or changes

Just thought maybe you wanted to learn the meaning of the word ;)
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert do you use impen in pvp? why did you nerf proc sets in pve to the ground and only marginally made them weaker on pvp?

Yep I use impen - even with 7 impen, crits still hurt. On the PVE side, It's about a 7-8% nerf to sustain from my internal testing. (using Viper, Red Mountain and Kra on my stam sorc) I wouldn't call that nerfed into the ground.

152ncyg.jpg

Well, well, well. DPS meters and target dummies are useful after all. It's nice to see that even the devs make use of these basic MMO tools, even if they do not provide them to the customer base.

This is why your proc set fix should be criticized by every player:
    • I'm still getting hit by three of them at the same time in PvP
    • In PvE, my DPS from the three go from 8232 to 4779 - that's a 42% decrease. Because of ZoS's broad brush treatment, the ones that are marginal or average (80% of them) are now decon trash, and the other 20% may not be used, instead discarded for 1 set bonuses like Kena and Kra'gh
    • All those hours farming for the 1 perfect trait (why is this a thing?) and those gold mats, all wasted. Today I feel ashamed to be a PvP player.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 27, 2016 6:24PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Damn, looks like PvP will be more playable, but PvE? Bosses living 10sec longer? This will ruin PvE. /s

Now for the serious matter. Having more ways to spend AP and therefore spend less time in PvE is great. Wish it included dungeon sets.

Exactly. The only thing this will effect PvE wise is trial bosses. I'm interested in seeing how trials go after this. Really idc cuz i have all the gold jewelry anyhow.
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    -
    Edited by Solid_Metal on December 27, 2016 6:26PM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Niaver
    Niaver
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, @ZOS_RichLambert .
    That's the kind of communication we wanted, you've made me happy :)
    "The bags will cost 5K AP and always contain one green or blue quality item in them."
    So... blue jewerly max? Dissapointed.

#RemoveAoECaps
    PC EU - Daggerfall Covenant - @Niaver
    Erazar (main) - Khajit DK tank

Proud owner of Maelstrom Sharpened Bow
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ... I wanted to give a quick sneak peak...

sneak_peek.png
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Awakatanka wrote: »
    No change to Proc sets. Then i will not come back. I have fun with ark atm. Will try but i dont see any reason to keep playing if i read this sneak peak.....

To easy PvE and PvP is dead for me. It is more and more a call of duty kids game.....

I feel the same way. A couple thousand less from procs is not enough. Nb will stiIl come out of stealth and Viper, velid, with the incredibly powerful low cost encap ulti they will still no skill cheese proc kill you. They should have applied the procs to battle spirt so it does not affect pve and make it a 1 proc global cool down per player. Also increase encap to 75 that crap way to cheap for what it does.
  • Qbiken
    Qbiken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If Proc Sets made up such a large portion of your DPS that this nerf is severely hampering your output, then the proc sets were definitely over-performing and in need of a nerf.

So just because some famous pve streamer said it was "overperfomring" it must be true.....lmao

And since when did an "overperforming" set ruined someones game experience in PvE??? Answer= Never did, will never happen.

• Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news BUT I hope ZOS team will look and balance each procc set individually not stop at this blanket change. Blanket change are never alone a solution, as we saw with battle spirit or dodgeroll/shield changes. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_RichLambert if they forgot please remind them so :#
    Edited by Erondil on December 27, 2016 6:21PM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel
  • Dev
    Dev
    ✭✭✭✭
    You have successfully cancelled your membership.

This is the best text i have seen on my screen so far today.

Zos, you are so out of touch with the players, its not even funny anymore.

If you cant keep pve and pvp separate, then i will keep you away from my money.

• Waffennacht
    Waffennacht
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Qbiken wrote: »

So just because some famous pve streamer said it was "overperfomring" it must be true.....lmao

And since when did an "overperforming" set ruined someones game experience in PvE??? Answer= Never did, will never happen.

What 50k dps just not enough?
    Gamer tag: DasPanzerKat NA Xbox One
    1300+ CP
    Battleground PvP'er

Waffennacht' Builds
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On behalf of all the PvE players that don't pull 40K+ DPS and have spent hours and hours and precious gold mats finding the perfect monster helms, I apologize for being part of the "PvP crowd" that just prompted ZoS to slap you with a dubious and unnecessary broad-brushed nerf.
    Unnecessary? ffs :dizzy:

Yes. It was unnecessary to treat every proc set good, average, and bad, as problems in every aspect of the game. Especially stuff like the Healing Dwemer Spider. Who the heck ever cried that the crit heals from that was OP?

What was necessary was that some very specific proc sets were hitting too often and in conjuction with other proc sets - something ZoS's broad brushed fix did not address btw.

But this is what we get by posting stupid and simplistic memes instead of taking 5 minutes to actually describe what stuff is OP and why it is OP: a broad-brushed bull in in a china shop "fix" that unnecessarily upsets too many players.
    Edited by Joy_Division on December 27, 2016 6:23PM
  • gard
    gard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So what's the actual effect of this in pvp? Don't most people stack impen?

Really gonna *** pve though.

My wife complains that I never listen to her. (Or something like that.)
    -- I'm a one man smurf zerg!

My ESO addons:
    Midnight - Find out when midnight is so that you can check for ww/vamp spawn.
    Goto - Adds a tab to the map pane allowing you to teleport to a friend, guildmate, or groupmate for free.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    You have successfully cancelled your membership.

This is the best text i have seen on my screen so far today.

Zos, you are so out of touch with the players, its not even funny anymore.

If you cant keep pve and pvp separate, then i will keep you away from my money.

Bye bye!