The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• kevlarto_ESO
    kevlarto_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have to chuckle at the AOE cap changes and the reasoning, I hope they work, but every change you guys have made to bust up the zerg, it only ends up with the zerg using it on everyone else, maybe we get lucky this time :)
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

@Publius_Scipio

1. It is not only monster sets. Stop spreading misinformation. It is any set that has a damage on proc, or heal on proc componant.

2. These changes will do nothing because the sheer volume of procs will be too high. People have allready rightfully suggested a proc cool down for these things to keep them viable in PVE.

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. STOP IGNORING THE PROBLEM.

First off, I apologize if i misunderstood, ANY PROC. Ok. Still big deal! The problem is PvE people talking about a collpase in quality of life because procs won't crit. I mean come on.

Your not sorry. Reread the second line of that message. Reread it until you understand it.

LET ZOS DO WHAT IT WANTS. REREAD THIS LINE UNTIL IT SINKS IN.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

@Publius_Scipio

1. It is not only monster sets. Stop spreading misinformation. It is any set that has a damage on proc, or heal on proc componant.

2. These changes will do nothing because the sheer volume of procs will be too high. People have allready rightfully suggested a proc cool down for these things to keep them viable in PVE.

First off, I apologize if i misunderstood, ANY PROC. Ok. Still big deal! The problem is PvE people talking about a collpase in quality of life because procs won't crit. I mean come on.

Your not sorry. Reread the second line of that message. Reread it until you understand it.

No.

I will not roll over and die because it pleases you. These changes are bad, solve nothing, and only serve to damage the allready lacking balance this game has. It is not fine, it is not good, it is not -needed-. AND IT SHOULDN'T BE CHANGED THIS WAY.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 27, 2016 6:39PM
  • Neoauspex
    Neoauspex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_RichLambert, feel free to give us a sneak peek at the class balance changes too!
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Publius_Scipio

Just another excuse to blame another playstyle (ie. PvP) for everything... nothing new.. 7 mil players, there's always bound to be a few of those around.
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    ... I wanted to give a quick sneak peak...

sneak_peek.png

Lord of the pork hobbits! XD

I was just sitting here thinking "salted pork" to myself for no particular reason.
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@Publius_Scipio

No.

I will not roll over and die because it pleases you. These changes are bad, solve nothing, and only serve to damage the allready lacking balance this game has. It is not fine, it is not good, it is not -needed-. AND IT SHOULDN'T BE CHANGED THIS WAY.

ZOS has some job openings, maybe you should apply?
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We love you Rich!

@ZOS_RichLambert
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Neoauspex wrote: »
    Thanks for the update @ZOS_RichLambert, feel free to give us a sneak peek at the class balance changes too!

Yes, please. So we can head some of -that- off at the pass, too.
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Publius_Scipio

No.

Hehe
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People be acting like they are removing crits from the game. Its just on Proc sets.......calm down ppl.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

@Publius_Scipio

Just another excuse to blame another playstyle (ie. PvP) for everything... nothing new.. 7 mil players, there's always bound to be a few of those around.

I am for both PvE and PvP. ESO must be whole. I say let ZOS do what they feel will work out best. And let ZOS make any changes it deems it has to make afterwards.

But because proc sets won't crit (the base damage won't be affected) and PvE only people are flipping out is insane.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Docmandu wrote: »

@Publius_Scipio

this game doesn't have 7 million players lmao.

If anyone believes this game has 7 million players I have a moon I want to sell you.
    Edited by Jaronking on December 27, 2016 6:46PM
  • Toc de Malsvi
    Toc de Malsvi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »
    People be acting like they are removing crits from the game. Its just on Proc sets.......calm down ppl.

But Bruh! My Veli wont flash in big shiny yellow numbers!!!!!!!
    Legendary Archer of Valenwood
    Bosmer Dragon Knight Archer. XBox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Nightblade Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Sorcerer Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Bosmer Warden Archer. Xbox One. (Flawless Conqueror Bow/Bow)
    Templar's are evil..
  • Caligamy_ESO
    Caligamy_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    These all seem like good adjustments, but what about crafting? There has been at least 100 threads about how it is very underwhelming in comparison to dropped sets and people are crying out for a style conversion option to make these motifs relevant again.

@ZOS_RichLambert
    love is love
  • icontrive
    icontrive
    ✭✭✭
    Loving the zone bags. So tired of grinding
  • Dymence
    Dymence
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like a pretty good bunch of changes to me.

All this will end up doing for PVE, is toning proc sets down to the DPS level they were at before one tamriel hit with new monster sets. Back when they always gave around 1.5k~ dps. It's a pretty decent way of combatting the power creep actually, maybe now PVE'ers will have to work just a little bit in order to complete their content again.
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Paneross wrote: »

But Bruh! My Veli wont flash in big shiny yellow numbers!!!!!!!

Oh nuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typical ZoS nerf. Right now there are two types of stam proc builds in Cyrodiil. The StamNB oneburst from stealth builds which annoy everyone -- and the StamDK/StamSorc 1h/Shield Viper/Tremor build -- which really doesn't oneburst anyone, but are incredible 1v1 & 1vX. This hurts the 1vX build a lot more than it hurts the pure Gank build -- a lot more -- and in my opinion that's typical of ZoS. Hopefully, there are changes to Heavy Armor & Destro Ult.

This is pretty funny though -- the PVE players hate the PVP players because parts of PVE were nerfed due to PVP. I feel like this change is akin to the Brexit/Donald Trump victories. The sort of "Wait... that actually happened?" kind of disbelief. Because it's such a large change in everyone's eyes.

It's a step in the right direction at least, but I can still feel myself getting onecombo'd from stealth if on a light armor magbuild.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB
  • Asmael
    Asmael
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ashen Grip needed that nerf.

Thanks for making TESO great again.
    PC EU - Zahraji of the Void, aka "Kitty", the fluffiest salmon genocider in town.
    Poke @AsmaeI (last letter is uppercase "i") on PC EU or Asmael#9325 on Discord and receive a meow today.
  • Blackfyre20
    Blackfyre20
    ✭✭✭✭
    Proc set change is a weird fix and I can understand the PVE outrage.

@ZOS_RichLambert On another note, not that excited for the zone bags to spend AP on. If I really want overland sets as a PVPer and don't want to grind PVE material to get them, I can find them in guild stores. It is the BOP dungeon sets that should be put in these AP bags to give PVPers an option to obtain these sets through PVP.
    Buff Soft Caps
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Typical ZoS nerf. Right now there are two types of stam proc builds in Cyrodiil. The StamNB oneburst from stealth builds which annoy everyone -- and the StamDK/StamSorc 1h/Shield Viper/Tremor build -- which really doesn't oneburst anyone, but are incredible 1v1 & 1vX. This hurts the 1vX build a lot more than it hurts the pure Gank build -- a lot more -- and in my opinion that's typical of ZoS. Hopefully, there are changes to Heavy Armor & Destro Ult.

This is pretty funny though -- the PVE players hate the PVP players because parts of PVE were nerfed due to PVP. I feel like this change is akin to the Brexit/Donald Trump victories. The sort of "Wait... that actually happened?" kind of disbelief. Because it's such a large change in everyone's eyes.

It's a step in the right direction at least, but I can still feel myself getting onecombo'd from stealth if on a light armor magbuild.

Exept unlike the previous two examples, this was completely expected.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClassicIX wrote: »
    Lets also see how you will address the imbalance b/w stam and magic once you nerf your bandaid fix that was the buff to stam with these proc sets what will you do next? magic already reigns supreme in PvE and PvP rn no one wants a stam dk or templar in a group when they can just have more VD/destro ultimates/ grothars, so what will you do? give magic sorc a third shield probably and yet another buff to stam nightblade.

Maybe they'll buff magic dk back to 1.5 or even worse than 1.5 which I can already see happening with the amount of crying the uninformed part of this toxic community is doing.

I just wonder will Zenimax ever get a patch right. This is the Last straw for PvP, there is only around 1-1.5k players left in NA pc.ps4.xbox1 that still play pvp in this game, so this patch better fix 90% of the key things they miss out on every patch for the past 2 years.

Time for them to listen to what the PvP community has been saying for the past 2 years instead of just ignoring us like children and than trying the fix things their way when they only make the game worse because they can't swallow their own pride and ask for help for the game they are making for us, the player to enjoy, when truth be told no one has really enjoyed PvP in this game since they broke it those two years ago.
    So people will not want grothdar cause it same way damage set as any other, what means that it also nerfed
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Asmael wrote: »
    Ashen Grip needed that nerf.

Thanks for making TESO great again.

Yea my overwhelming set still will be underwhelming.
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Indeed a poor change, proc sets are dead in PVE, change is not going to affect much PVP. Ask PVP expert what is his Crit Chance? he may say 30% (which normally comes with CP and some skill), proc sets will remain a problem as crit means nothing to PVP.

AOE change is just crazy, i do not mind it but its not a good solution for EOTS.
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 27, 2016 6:58PM
  • MercTheMage
    MercTheMage
    ✭✭✭✭
    So PVEers get *** over again cause you idiots can't get your heads out of wrobels ass. GG zos
    Here's an idea. BATTLE SPIRIT. No proc set crits in cyro, and PVEers don't get ass *** cause of your stupid decisions.
    You just going to stand there like a lemon?
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Indeed a poor change, proc sets are dead in PVE, change is not going to affect much PVP. Ask PVP expert what is his Crit Chance? he may say 30% (which normally comes with CP and some skill), proc sets will remain a problem as crit means nothing to PVP.

AOE change is just crazy, i do not mind it but its not a good solution for EOTS but at least it is ok.
    LMAO
  • flawless4812
    I don't agree with the proc sets for both tables in pve and pvp, I think this should be thought out a little more before pts is released so we can tinker with it...

I don't pvp alot but the little I have I got surprised attack for 2k proc with validreth and viper for almost 20k. That alone says nerf since you have aoe caps in place so things like this don't happen.

The damage of a player should never be out damaged by a proc set imo. Making then not crit will not solve the problem in all honesty because It'll still get hit with alot of damage from proc sets, I understand it should be free damage but half it in pvp so that it's on par with your damage caps you guys have.

This is one of many notes that I see effecting pve when pve didn't have a problem with proc sets. Force players to use skills and not wear heavy with proc sets and depend solely on the sets to kill the enemy. That is the main problem is heavy armour nd the proc sets proc'ing off of any nd everything, simply fix them half the damage and extend the cool down on them would do the fix I'm sure other players that pvp more have better ideas but this is some of mine.

This game has come to a turn where pve and pvp can no longer be joined together in harmony but need to have different tables with different values. Your making it even harder for the casual players to complete content if you nerf our sets, which will in the end cause you to nerf the dungeons/trials giving pve players no challenge and this is the complete wrong thing to do.....

Think this one over and ask opinions and trust me it will make the game better and enjoyable instead of what it is now
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    icontrive wrote: »
    Loving the zone bags. So tired of grinding

Have fun with your green jewelry!
  • SnubbS
    SnubbS
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »

Exept unlike the previous two examples, this was completely expected.

You expected proc sets to get nerfed in such a way that hurts them in PVE? You're even more pessimistic than I am lol.
    Xbox NA: SnubbS
    GoW eSports player & part time ESO Pug Ball Zerger.
    GB