The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_RichLambert
    I love that you are improving the AoE caps but you didtn mention anything about the destro ultimate. With that damage groups of 5-6 sorcs will shields and burst everything (pugs) on their way.
    Because I can!
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Even if i don't agree with nerfing the sets on PvE, i don't understand why people cry so much. Is not like you will have problems completing some PvE content lol, DPS numbers are higher and higher in every patch, if they go down a little bit, no one will die. Trials will still be completed, and vMA will still l be a walk in the part for any exprienced player.

That being said, if you can't pull good DPS numbers without a proc set, maybe you need to work on your rotations (a.k.a git gud).
    Edited by ManDraKE on December 27, 2016 6:25PM
  • Paneross
    Paneross
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ManDraKE wrote: »
    Even if i don't agree with nerfing the sets on PvE, i don't understand why people cry so much. Is not like you will have problems completing some PvE content lol, DPS numbers are higher and higher in every patch, if they go down a little bit, no one will die. Trials will still be completed, and vMA will still l be a walk in the part for any exprienced player.

Aye I run Hundings/VO/Veldrith on my stamsorc for VMA. It will change VERY little because of this.
  • ClassicIX
    ClassicIX
    Okay now how about you also make it so you can't stack more than one proc set at a time, and while you are at it make it so proc sets can't proc vicious death. I can't wait to see how you guys will fix heavy armor and destro ultimate as, oh boy!!
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    You have successfully cancelled your membership.

This is the best text i have seen on my screen so far today.

Zos, you are so out of touch with the players, its not even funny anymore.

If you cant keep pve and pvp separate, then i will keep you away from my money.

Oh know i'm going to lose rough;y 3% dps because my proc sets can't crit.

However will i handle such huge set back in pve now? What am i going to do when i'm busy ignoring boss mechanics in my 30s boss burst? The boss will live 2s longer, this could be wipe worthy.

Like come on people really?
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That being said, if you can't pull good DPS numbers without a proc set, maybe you need to work on your rotations (a.k.a git gud).

I agree. What's the big deal? You will still crit with melee and your skills, just not the proc set......
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. What's the big deal? You will still crit with melee and your skills, just not the proc set......

The problem is PVE is taking a hit for PVP's quality of life when the changes wont even -do- anything.

They are ineffective, persona non vitae, they dont -work-. The sheer volume of procs will still kill you, and it wont do anything.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 27, 2016 6:28PM
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ClassicIX wrote: »
    Okay now how about you also make it so you can't stack more than one proc set at a time, and while you are at it make it so proc sets can't proc vicious death. I can't wait to see how you guys will fix heavy armor and destro ultimate as, oh boy!!

i run velidreth in all my stam builds for vMA (i'm farming the vMA leaderboards with all classes), and i can tell you that it won't change anything, maybe my score will go down a little bit? it dosn't care, everyone else will also go down. You can complete ANY PvE content in this game withouth a proc set.
    Damn, looks like PvP will be more playable, but PvE? Bosses living 10sec longer? This will ruin PvE. /s

LOL
  • andreasranasen
    andreasranasen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It's quite funny seeing all these people upset about proc set nerf in PvE. Git Gud lol
    #VMATOKENSYSTEM #WEAPONDYE #TRAITCHANGE #CROWNCRATELOVER
    • Alliance/Platform: Aldemerii - PS4/NA - CP 800+
    • Mag Sorc: Arya Rosendahl - Altmer - Highelf
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I really hope double procs will be fixed in U13.
    And what about gap-closers snares? @ZOS_RichLambert
    Edited by Cinbri on December 27, 2016 6:29PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like skill wins in update 13 . Future subscriber posting .
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.
  • Docmandu
    Docmandu
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Finally!! 2+ years of being stuck in combat.... awesome!
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks like skill wins in update 13 . Future subscriber posting .
    Am not sure if your joking proc sets are pretty much the same in pvp as before.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    On behalf of all the PvE players that don't pull 40K+ DPS and have spent hours and hours and precious gold mats finding the perfect monster helms, I apologize for being part of the "PvP crowd" that just prompted ZoS to slap you with a dubious and unnecessary broad-brushed nerf.
    Unnecessary? ffs :dizzy:

Yes. It was unnecessary to treat every proc set good, average, and bad, as problems in every aspect of the game. Especially stuff like the Healing Dwemer Spider. Who the heck ever cried that the crit heals from that was OP?

What was necessary was that some very specific proc sets were hitting too often and in conjuction with other proc sets - something ZoS's broad brushed fix did not address btw.

But this is what we get by posting stupid and simplistic memes instead of taking 5 minutes to actually describe what stuff is OP and why it is OP: a broad-brushed bull in in a china shop "fix" that unnecessarily upsets too many players.
    1. Dwemer was never better as any other heal, meanwhile people are actually complain about malubesh which still crit heal for 20k in PvP time to time.
    2. Zero proc sets are bad, but ability to stack them and get insane damage without spending resources is just f stupid
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 27, 2016 6:32PM
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

@Publius_Scipio

1. It is not only monster sets. Stop spreading misinformation. It is any set that has a damage on proc, or heal on proc componant.

2. These changes will do nothing because the sheer volume of procs will be too high. People have allready rightfully suggested a proc cool down for these things to keep them viable in PVE.

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. STOP IGNORING THE PROBLEM.
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

The problem is PVE is taking a hit for PVP's quality of life when the changes wont even -do- anything.

They are ineffective, persona non vitae, they dont -work-. The sheer volume of procs will still kill you, and it wont do anything.

What is the hit to PvE? What is the major collpase of PvE quality of life? Only the monster set procs will no longer crit... That means they will still do big time damage. Just no chance for it to do MEGA SUPER ULTRA damage.

PvP has to breathe too.
  • lehran
    lehran
    ✭✭✭
    I'm totally fine with this, a common complaint among PvE players is that PvE is too easy. Yet now there are complaints when the "too easy" is being addressed. Sure proc sets weren't a major focal point in PvE complaints (if they were a focal point at all), but they contributed to the "too easy" problem of burning down bosses and being able to completely ignore mechanics. Reducing PvE dps = fights take a bit longer (by the sounds of this, not much longer, maybe an extra 3-5 seconds for any dungeon boss, trials will be hit a bit harder though) = harder to ignore mechanics unique to that boss. It's a step in the right direction for addressing the "PvE is too easy" complaint, one that I share as well.
  • DPShiro
    DPShiro
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not the actual % DPS decrease for PVE - it's the fact that PVE gets nerfed because of PVP whining and crap that annoys me.
    ~ Gryphon Heart ~
    ~ Immortal Redeemer ~
    ~ Grand Master Crafter ~
    ~ Master Angler ~
    ~ Former Emperor ~
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

What is the hit to PvE? What is the major collpase of PvE quality of life? Only the monster set procs will no longer crit... That means they will still do big time damage. Just no chance for it to do MEGA SUPER ULTRA damage.

PvP has to breathe too.

@Publius_Scipio

I have allready told you why it's bad and I have allready told you what they could do. A universal cooldown for set procs would solve the problem for both parties.

It's also not just monster sets. STOP SPREADING LIES.

STOP THE IMPERIALISM. STOP TAKING FROM PVE BECAUSE PVP IS GREEDY.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 27, 2016 6:35PM
  • Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »
    Hi and happy holidays, @ZOS_RichLambert . :)

Regarding proc sets, is there any possibility of having something like what WoW introduced in Legion, where you have PVP "templates" on gear sets? Basically, having gear and set bonuses behave differently depending on whether you are currently flagged for PVP (including dueling)?

I really think that would be the safest, most constructive way to go, and easier for you in the long term. No more causing problems in PVP when you make cool PVE changes and vice versa.

A little extra work maybe, but a large benefit to stability and build diversity. Plus you save the cost of having to go back and do so much balance work later.

pretty much this, seriously ZoS, dude, its probably harder to be done, but you will NEVER can to match PvE and PvP set correctly ever, seriously, what you need is to separate them if its necessary

-
    Edited by Solid_Metal on December 27, 2016 6:35PM
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

@Publius_Scipio

1. It is not only monster sets. Stop spreading misinformation. It is any set that has a damage on proc, or heal on proc componant.

2. These changes will do nothing because the sheer volume of procs will be too high. People have allready rightfully suggested a proc cool down for these things to keep them viable in PVE.

First off, I apologize if i misunderstood, ANY PROC. Ok. Still big deal! The problem is PvE people talking about a collapse in quality of life because procs won't crit. I mean come on.
    Edited by Publius_Scipio on December 27, 2016 6:46PM
  • The_Duke
    The_Duke
    ✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know of a good mmo coming to console? The lack of direction this game has is baffling. Its like the devs dont even play pvp. A global cooldown in pvp zones was all that was needed to tame the proc stacking and encourage build diversity.
    Edited by The_Duke on December 27, 2016 6:36PM
    The Duke

Stamplar

Guild leader of The Dukes. PS4
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wait, please dont go ! Send me your gold and mats !
    Isnt that funny. People threatening to leave and quit game, but not received one mail from anyone.
    If you are quitting what good does that stuff do you !

Or you could relax and wait for the update and see exactly what is coming out.
    Edited by Pops_ND_Irish on December 27, 2016 6:35PM
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

PvP has to breathe too.

@Publius_Scipio

I have allready told you why it's bad and I have allready told you what they could do. A universal cooldown for set procs would solve the problem for both parties.

STOP THE IMPERIALISM. STOP TAKING FROM PVE BECAUSE PVP IS GREEDY.

Stop whining. Let ZOS live.
  • Sugaroverdose
    Sugaroverdose
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev wrote: »
    You have successfully cancelled your membership.

This is the best text i have seen on my screen so far today.

Zos, you are so out of touch with the players, its not even funny anymore.

If you cant keep pve and pvp separate, then i will keep you away from my money.

Oh know i'm going to lose rough;y 3% dps because my proc sets can't crit.

However will i handle such huge set back in pve now? What am i going to do when i'm busy ignoring boss mechanics in my 30s boss burst? The boss will live 2s longer, this could be wipe worthy.

Like come on people really?
    if your group is get wiped in two seconds, you need to change it, or make descent build without using broken mechanics
    Edited by Sugaroverdose on December 27, 2016 6:35PM
  • ClassicIX
    ClassicIX
    Lets also see how you will address the imbalance b/w stam and magic once you nerf your bandaid fix that was the buff to stam with these proc sets what will you do next? magic already reigns supreme in PvE and PvP rn no one wants a stam dk or templar in a group when they can just have more VD/destro ultimates/ grothars, so what will you do? give magic sorc a third shield probably and yet another buff to stam nightblade.

Maybe they'll buff magic dk back to 1.5 or even worse than 1.5 which I can already see happening with the amount of crying the uninformed part of this toxic community is doing.

I just wonder will Zenimax ever get a patch right. This is the Last straw for PvP, there is only around 1-1.5k players left in NA pc.ps4.xbox1 that still play pvp in this game, so this patch better fix 90% of the key things they miss out on every patch for the past 2 years.

Time for them to listen to what the PvP community has been saying for the past 2 years instead of just ignoring us like children and than trying the fix things their way when they only make the game worse because they can't swallow their own pride and ask for help for the game they are making for us, the player to enjoy, when truth be told no one has really enjoyed PvP in this game since they broke it those two years ago.
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Publius_Scipio

First off, I apologize if i misunderstood, ANY PROC. Ok. Still big deal! The problem is PvE people talking about a collpase in quality of life because procs won't crit. I mean come on.

Your not sorry. Reread the second line of that message. Reread it until you understand it.

And stop trying to damage this game for your benefit.
    Edited by Doctordarkspawn on December 27, 2016 6:37PM
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Bags sound cool. Hope you had a good holiday. Cheers