The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Update 13 - Sneak peak notes

• Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Indeed a poor change, proc sets are dead in PVE, change is not going to affect much PVP. Ask PVP expert what is his Crit Chance? he may say 30% (which normally comes with CP and some skill), proc sets will remain a problem as crit means nothing to PVP.

AOE change is just crazy, i do not mind it but its not a good solution for EOTS but at least it is ok.

From your post I can tell that you

1) have no clue about PvE
    2) have no clue about PvP
    3) have no clue about general game mechanics

:lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Doctordarkspawn

If you think you can do a better job than the people at ZOS, heres a link for job openings there, please apply and help make this game great again- https://jobs.zenimax.com/locations/view/7
    Options
  • G0ku
    G0ku
    ✭✭✭✭
    We´ll see how it turns out in pve. But the change is totally weird, why not follow the idea of a global cooldown so many people proposed on these forums?

I still will get popped like a corn with a triple combo of proc sets in IC no matter if crit or not, won´t I? Result will be: pvp´er still will be complaining, then they will tone down the damage of the sets without reversing the non-crit-thing and that will be the point when those sets got really zero value for pve anymore.

But I´d say let´s take a look on pts, not the right moment to freak out...
    - First AD EU Group to finish DSA VET -
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 30 - EU - DSA Conqueror (pre-nerf) flawless vMSA
    AD Argonian V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 15
    AD Bosmer V16 Nightblade Alliance Rank 16
    AD Kahjiit V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 10
    AD Dunmer V16 Dragonknight Alliance Rank 9
    AD Altmer V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10 - flawless vMSA
    DC Altmer V16 Sorcerer Alliance Rank 9 - flawless vMSA
    AD Breton V16 Templar Alliance Rank 10
    AD Altmer V16 Sorceress Alliance Rank 21
    AD Kahjiit Warden
    AD Altmer Nightblade
    Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    Docmandu wrote: »
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

@Publius_Scipio

1. It is not only monster sets. Stop spreading misinformation. It is any set that has a damage on proc, or heal on proc componant.

2. These changes will do nothing because the sheer volume of procs will be too high. People have allready rightfully suggested a proc cool down for these things to keep them viable in PVE.

STOP SPREADING MISINFORMATION. STOP IGNORING THE PROBLEM.

First off, I apologize if i misunderstood, ANY PROC. Ok. Still big deal! The problem is PvE people talking about a collpase in quality of life because procs won't crit. I mean come on.

Just another excuse to blame another playstyle (ie. PvP) for everything... nothing new.. 7 mil players, there's always bound to be a few of those around.

this game doesn't have 7 million players lmao.

If anyone believes this game has 7 million players I have a moon I want to sell you.

They said they sold around 7M copies of game but off course total active players count is lesser may be around 1M max..
    Options
  • Zaldan
    Zaldan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat in Cyrodiil
    This has been an ongoing issue in Cyrodiil for a long time now – due to the nature of combat in Cyrodiil there were cascading threat issues between players. (i.e. – You fight another player and all the threat they have on them is transferred to you) We’ve changed how threat is transferred between players and when Update 13 goes live, you should always drop combat properly after 6 seconds of ending a battle. Note: If you are grouped with other players and they are actively in combat, you will still be considered in combat as well.

Is this going to fix going into combat outside of a group when standing at quest givers in Northmorrwind Gate etc?
    Dovie'andi se tovya sagain.
    Niidro tiid wah fusvok dirkah.

aka.@Cuthceol
    Options
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that
    PC EU

Options
  • Alaztor91
    Alaztor91
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really don't think that making proc sets no longer crit is going to be enough to balance them for PvP since most people use impen anyways. The most obvious solution to me, and like many other people have said, is to add a Global Cooldown to procs, so that you can proc a effect only once every X seconds.

This would make people use only 1 proc set since you would not be able to stack the effects of many like you currently can on live.

You say you like the concept of these sets and want them to be interesting and viable, but there is a problem when like half or 3/4 of the damage of your death recap is from a set and not actual skills.
    Edited by Alaztor91 on December 27, 2016 6:59PM
    Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SnubbS wrote: »
    SnubbS wrote: »
    Typical ZoS nerf. Right now there are two types of stam proc builds in Cyrodiil. The StamNB oneburst from stealth builds which annoy everyone -- and the StamDK/StamSorc 1h/Shield Viper/Tremor build -- which really doesn't oneburst anyone, but are incredible 1v1 & 1vX. This hurts the 1vX build a lot more than it hurts the pure Gank build -- a lot more -- and in my opinion that's typical of ZoS. Hopefully, there are changes to Heavy Armor & Destro Ult.

This is pretty funny though -- the PVE players hate the PVP players because parts of PVE were nerfed due to PVP. I feel like this change is akin to the Brexit/Donald Trump victories. The sort of "Wait... that actually happened?" kind of disbelief. Because it's such a large change in everyone's eyes.

It's a step in the right direction at least, but I can still feel myself getting onecombo'd from stealth if on a light armor magbuild.

Exept unlike the previous two examples, this was completely expected.

You expected proc sets to get nerfed in such a way that hurts them in PVE? You're even more pessimistic than I am lol.

Why not? PVE usually gets the shaft and proc sets were a 'problem' for the PVP crowd.

Wasn't that hard to see coming.
    Options
  • negbert
    negbert
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a PVE player, I am fine with this. Procs really don't need to crit.
    Options
  • Publius_Scipio
    Publius_Scipio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mr. Lambert said that ZOS LIKES PROC SETS. They want to make sure they are still viable. And as a first attempt to smooth everything over with how ESO is functioning right now FOR ALL (PvE and PvP) ZOS decided to tone down the burst by removing crit chance for the proc sets, AND ONLY FOR THE PROC SETS. You guys can still crit melee and skills.

Also Mr. Lambert NEVER SAID that this is the only change that ZOS will ever make to proc sets, and that there will never be future tweaks after ZOS has time to see how everything works out once the update is live and has had time to settle.

PAUL SAGE IS LAUGHING SOMEWHERE RIGHT NOW OVER ALL THIS OUTRAGE!
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    whats the point of pledges now that monster sets are rip?
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ahh... well, what can I say? In @ZOS_RichLambert's defense, no matter the decision, it was going to be controversial.

I find suggestions of a system that separates PvP and PvE by giving the same item different effects in those spheres interesting, but it would realistically require many hours of manpower layered with detailed tooltips that may be confusing to players. We've seen many overhaul projects: like one tamriel, redoing craglorn, changing and adding a tremendous amount of new sets and monster pieces. They've taken precious time away from content development, which we are almost going on a year without.

What I see is a community with way too high expectations of change. Why? Because we were made to wait 9 months for these balance changes! The silent mentality is: if you made us wait this long, it better be good. I have this mentality. I was upset when I didn't see balance changes in SotH, and I was even more upset when I didn't see balance changes during One Tamriel. Wrobel hinted that he had plans in the AMA, but was not allowed to implement these changes until next update, probably because it would distract from the 1T focus.

Unfortunately, this is a consequence of the business strategy for the game decided by the higher ups, and it will only be remedied by a mindful effort to make balancing something that is done incrementally, rather than in bulk.

I hate to be so pessimistic, but the hole was dug and it's gotten rather deep. I can only hope that these changes will be better in the PTS and eventually live than they are in theory.
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Time to download ARK, *** load of ***. *** pvp gets pve nerfed again
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD
    Elvali Marvani - Dunmer - mDK DD.
    Venemus Draconem - Redguard - sDK DD
    Jayri Leki - Redguard - sSo DD.
    Miss Jabsalot - Altmer - mTe PvP DD/ Tank
    Mireli Hlaano - Dunmer - mNB DD.
    Ms Shanks - Redguard - sNB DD/ le bank

NA
    Dilemma Dame - Altmer - mDK DD
    Stamsorc Kitty - Redguard - sSor DD
    Aia Draconis - Imperial - sDK Tank
    Decides-Who-Lives - Argonian - mTe Healer
    You wont stop me - Altmer - mSo DD
    Stab in the dark - Khajiit - sNB DD
    Jabjabjab Beambeambeam - Dunmer - mTe DD
    Spatium Auxiliarus - Imperial - hTe Tank&bank
    Spectre - Altmer - mNB DD
    Can't-Main-Tank -Argonian - sDK offTank
    Options
  • timidobserver
    timidobserver
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    How this will play out.

PvPrs: Stacking proc sets for burst OP. Help.
    ZOS: Okay we are nerfing proc set crit in PvE and PvP.
    PvErs: Wait what. Why does have anything to do with me?
    PvPrs: Trolololol PvE got nerfed!!!
    PvPers: but wait. Nerfing proc set crit doesn't actually address my issue.
    ZOS: B)
    V16 Uriel Stormblessed EP Magicka Templar(main)
    V16 Derelict Vagabond EP Stamina DK
    V16 Redacted Ep Stam Sorc
    V16 Insolent EP Magicka Sorc(retired)
    V16 Jed I Nyte EP Stamina NB(retired)

Options
  • Doctordarkspawn
    Doctordarkspawn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How this will play out.

This is exactly how it's playing out.

And people call me a pessimist. I'm not, I'm just not blind and can see the pattern.
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stuck in combat in Cyrodiil
    This has been an ongoing issue in Cyrodiil for a long time now – due to the nature of combat in Cyrodiil there were cascading threat issues between players. (i.e. – You fight another player and all the threat they have on them is transferred to you) We’ve changed how threat is transferred between players and when Update 13 goes live, you should always drop combat properly after 6 seconds of ending a battle. Note: If you are grouped with other players and they are actively in combat, you will still be considered in combat as well.

I still feel like this would be a non-issue if I could mount while in combat. If I am really in combat in pvp, it is not a favorable move anyway to prevent someone from doing it.
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    Everything there is welcome, now tanks wont do 12k dps on aoe for equipping grothdar for pledges... More sets will be viable too, a mix of kena/ilambris and such will be useful too
    Proc sets were not OP just in pvp, they were in pve too.. Crying for 2k dps loss is pointless.. You are already wasting your time playing video games, extra 2 mins wont change that

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

Options
  • Lord_Eomer
    Lord_Eomer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wollust wrote: »
    Indeed a poor change, proc sets are dead in PVE, change is not going to affect much PVP. Ask PVP expert what is his Crit Chance? he may say 30% (which normally comes with CP and some skill), proc sets will remain a problem as crit means nothing to PVP.

AOE change is just crazy, i do not mind it but its not a good solution for EOTS but at least it is ok.

From your post I can tell that you

1) have no clue about PvE
    2) have no clue about PvP
    3) have no clue about general game mechanics

:lol:

Ok so your turn now, better explain instead of blushing!

how crit is useful in PVP (DPS) ? and how this change is going to affect PVP more than PVE?

probably you are one running! troll builds and happy with these changes as its gonna keep your troll builds alive!

See you are also trolling good @ forum! infact so called troll mother!
    Edited by Lord_Eomer on December 27, 2016 7:07PM
    Options
  • Tryxus
    Tryxus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I love it how a little acorn that fell from the tree caused everyone to scream: "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" :D
    "The Oak's Promise: stand strong, stay true, and shelter all"
    Tryxus of the Undying Song - Warden - PC/EU/DC
    Options
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Tryxus wrote: »
    I love it how a little acorn that fell from the tree caused everyone to scream: "THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" :D

That acorn was the collective brain of the forum falling out of the head.
    Options
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭
    Is it really so *** hard to not *** up PvE while you're trying to balance PvP? This will essentially negate any use monster sets have in PvE - which is currently a major source of DPS. Can you not just do what you've done with overall DMG and add a simple passive to change proc set damage in PvP only?
    I'd very much appreciate a proper answer for this. Removing proc-set crits in PvE is a *** joke.
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
    Options
  • arun_rajputb16_ESO
    arun_rajputb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    .... But but... Don't most PvP players wear impen gear, negating the crit hit. So this won't really effect PvP. It will heavily effect pve though.

I used to laugh at people when they said ZOS staff don't play this game... But I'm starting to come around...
    Options
  • ku5h
    ku5h
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just add GCD of 4 sec on proc sets and all problems concerning proc sets are gone.

What is the point of selling overland sets for AP? All it will do is make overland gear even cheaper, which is one of the last ways for PvEer to actually sell gear. If you sold dungeon gear, well that would solve some huge headaches. Just as example, I wanted to play my magDK since update12 started, but i still dont have weapons i need after 100s of CoA runs and I never will, because i gave up farming it.

Finally you guys started to experiment with AoE caps removal, thing we were telling you to do over a year ago...amazing news, also stuck in combat thingy geting fixed is great.

Options
  • Aliyavana
    Aliyavana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How this will play out.

LOL
    Options
  • Trashyratchet
    Trashyratchet
    ✭✭✭
    Completely removing crit chance in PvE seems lazy and reckless. PvE pretty much revolves around crit modifiers. Probably going to find very little use for 2 piece monster sets for DD's in PvE.

The no crit chance is only for the monster set procs. Why is this a big issue? You can still crit melee and the rest of your skills as has always been the case.

Consider the time spent grinding those perfect trait monster sets. Then consider finding them all useless because it breaks PvP. Lets face it, when your DPS is built around crit chance and crit damage, you just aren't going to use a 2 piece monster set that stands zero chance to crit. You'll have better DPS just chucking one of the pieces. It's kind of a bummer because some of them are really cool.

If you mainly PvP, then you wouldn't care. I don't expect you to understand or care. I casually play PvP, so frankly, the proc sets in there annoy me from time to time, but I don't lose sleep over it. But I don't blame a hardcore PvP player for being right infuriated over broken aspects of it. So I feel you all for being pissed. But, failing to at least acknowledging the reasons why a PvE player would be miffed is just self centered and juvenile. If you are running things like vet MoL, which still doesn't have enough completions to fill a leader-board on PS4, it is a big deal. Losing all proc crit, considering crit modifiers and war horn, over a 9 - 10 minute boss encounter for 8 DD's, that is a big DPS loss for the group.

So look, PvP folks have been yelling about it since One Tamriel dropped, and ZoS made these changes. You didn't hear us trying to muzzle your outcry. Now, the changes will effectively render 2 piece monster sets useless in PvE, and it's our turn to complain. So show please show the same respect and allow us our outlet to complain.

I'm trying to be civil. A couple of those sets were way OP in PvP. I would just have hoped they would have found a better solution that just taking all crit chance from all 2 piece monster sets on both fronts.
    Edited by Trashyratchet on December 27, 2016 7:07PM
    Options
  • SodanTok
    SodanTok
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

2 mins per boss. 4 bosses per dungeon. Add extra 2 for hard mode. 10 min extra per dungeon. 3 dungeons per day. 12 characters slots. 6 extra hours of game time to just do pledges.
    And other weaker sets that "procced" damage are even more useless. Overwhelming Surge. Useless. Ashen Grip. Useless.

10m more per dungeon is reasonable. What is not is playing 3 dungeons a day on 12 characters. In short, it will have impact only on special snowflakes.
    Edited by SodanTok on December 27, 2016 7:07PM
    Options
  • Sigtric
    Sigtric
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    whats the point of pledges now that monster sets are rip?

Monster sets will still be viable. The bulk of your damage if you have a decent build will still have chance for crit.

If you can't compete with out a little DPS off the top of a proc, well...

/shrug

Stormproof: Vibeke - 50 EP mDragonknight | Savi Dreloth - 50 EP Magsorc | Sadi Dreloth - 50 EP Magblade | Sigtric Stormaxe - 50 EP Stamsorc | Valora Dreloth - 50 EP Magplar | Sigtric the Unbearable 50 EP Stam Warden
    Scrub: Chews-on-Beavers - 50 EP DK Tank | Vera the Wild - 50 EP magicka Warden | Sigtric the Axe - 50 EP Dragonknight Crafter | Sigtric the Blade - 50 EP Lost Nightblade | Sigtric the Savage - 50 EP magicka Templar | Vibeka Shadowblade - 50 Ep Stealthy Ganky Nightblade |

Show Me Your Dunmer
    [/center]
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    negbert wrote: »
    As a PVE player, I am fine with this. Procs really don't need to crit.

And you would be correct . It's already a dps boost above normal combat and pretty high without crit . We have players with huge weapon damage .
    Options
  • Koolio
    Koolio
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Koolio wrote: »

10m more per dungeon is reasonable. What is not is playing 3 dungeons a day on 12 characters. In short, it will have impact only on special snowflakes.

So because I play a lot it justifies 6 more hours a day of playtime.
    Options
  • SublimeSparo
    SublimeSparo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nb's will still be able to 1shot from stealth with heavy attacks. Pointless change is pointless
    PS4 EU CP900. PS4 NA CP600,
    vAA HM ☆ vHRC HM ☆ vSO HM ☆ vMOL
    4th Console vMOL clear,
    vMA cleared on all classes stam & magic

My Tribe
    EU
    High Sparo - Altmer - mSo DD.
    Wood Sparo - Bosmer - sNB DD
    Nord Sparo - Nord -sDK DD/Tank.
    Bubble Girl - Imperial -sTe DD
    Succubus Sue - Breton - mNB Tank.
    Andrana Stormlock - Altmer - mTe Healer/ DD