Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Malebeth EXPLOIT evidence

genjutsu_kami
genjutsu_kami
✭✭✭
So, malebeth..... not new to everyone... probably but its a problem, this is a video of me experiencing this exploit, and it is exactly how i described it.... an exploit, there is no way it should be healing this much, it is beyond ridiculous. (BTW I'm not calling the player on this video out I am making fun of zenimax so called system of assumption of something being an exploit or not or may look to be) this combat system is so forgiving its a joke.

do you guys at zenimax actually do like dynamic testing in many combat situations is that a thing in the office ? or do you guys just run numbers put it on PTS wait till theres enough rage threads on the forums before you change it? really ......

now this is not the only issue i am aware there are many many many other problems at the moment and my god many of the community are aware of this but today was the day i lost it, the video below will somewhat explain the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Q3odRKeaw

this is not a promotion of my youtube channel in anyway this is me putting my two pence in the pot and hoping developers actually care enough to consider how they process patches.

but feel free to comment, like or subscribe by all means if you find it appealing. and yes dislike and comment whatever I am in no way against peoples opinions.
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    warning swearing occurs in the video not for under age.
  • CP5
    CP5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I plan to re-roll to pagen asap.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Again it is not Malubeth heals to much but that (when it procs) it allows a player to easily negate battle spirit. The 30% healing boost isn't a major/minor buff it's it own thing so that is 30% more healing turning battle spirits de-buff to 20% less healing then add major mending a player negates battle spirit 50% less healing de-buff and gains 10% more healing. Now factor in DK, heavy armor, champion skills and a player can easily not only negate battle spirits 50% less healing de-buff allowing to receive full healing but also gain 25%+ more healing.

Seriously the set is broken to be way OP but it's not being exploited. Exploiting is using something that is considered cheating such as gap closing into a keep what Malubeth is doing yes maybe extremely cheesy and giving players false perspective thinking that they are tanks while wearing it when they are not but it really isn't a exploit.

Cheesy yes, exploit no.
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.

until they purge it.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    DHale wrote: »
    I plan to re-roll to pagen asap.

hahahahahahahahahahahaha
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

until they purge it.

Why you inflict other de-buffs cause purge only removes 2. Warm up with some DoTs then add defile.
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Working as intended....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRUKKpYepdc

@genjutsu_kami

To be honest, the guy in the video you posted isn't even that bad and doesn't really showcase how broken Malubeth is. We already know that heavy templar builds (especially Argonions) can just sit there and out heal through anything. There is a reason why healing debuff's exist which you were using none of. There's nothing wrong i see in this clip because he was built to be that guy who you cannot kill. Even once Malubeth is fixed, this Argonion will still be a monster with the 30% increased healing alone and his own heals.

However, in the video im about to show all of you, this person is on a magicka nightblade sap build. There is literally 10+ people beating on this guy and Malubeth is proc'd basically 100% of the time keeping him alive. Sure he has other abilitys and such that heal him since he is a sap tank but there are limits and i know that a sap tank is not that good. You can even pay attention to the abilitys hes using and he isn't spamming heals and wards since Malubeth does all the work. He also is NOT EVEN BLOCKING, if that doesn't settle the matter right away.

I've only experienced Magicka Dragon Knights who can block and take this much punishment because of there inherent resource return passives.. but this sap tank isn't even trying or blocking. Considering how penetration shreds through heavy nowadays too, its pretty weird to see his health say 100% for so long and not fluctuate.

Hopefully the video i've posted makes this issue more clear.

Note, the video is a good representation of SAP tanking (even though not much sapping is happening). It's the healing ticks being received at around 0:20-0:30 that are fishy to me. 5-7k none crit's coming very frequently without using any abilties.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 13, 2016 5:56AM
    PS4 NA DC
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    warning swearing occurs in the video not for under age.
    pegi 18
    better warn for the weakharted to see how absurtly broken this game

because its possible
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

until they purge it.

Why you inflict other de-buffs cause purge only removes 2. Warm up with some DoTs then add defile.

One of the templar ritual morphs removes 5 debuffs.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended....

@genjutsu_kami

To be honest, the guy in the video you posted isn't even that bad and doesn't really showcase how broken Malubeth is. We already know that heavy templar builds (especially Argonions) can just sit there and out heal through anything. There is a reason why healing debuff's exist which you were using none of. There's nothing wrong i see in this clip because he was built to be that guy who you cannot kill. Even once Malubeth is fixed, this Argonion will still be a monster with the 30% increased healing alone and his own heals.

However, in the video im about to show all of you, this person is on a magicka nightblade sap build. There is literally 10+ people beating on this guy and Malubeth is proc'd basically 100% of the time keeping him alive. Sure he has other abilitys and such that heal him since he is a sap tank but there are limits and i know that a sap tank is not that good. You can even pay attention to the abilitys hes using and he isn't spamming heals and wards since Malubeth does all the work. He also is NOT EVEN BLOCKING, if that doesn't settle the matter right away.

I've only experienced Magicka Dragon Knights who can block and take this much punishment because of there inherent resource return passives.. but this sap tank isn't even trying or blocking.

Note, the video is a good representation of SAP tanking. It's the healing ticks being received at around 0:20-0:30 that are fishy to me. 5-7k none crit's coming very frequently without using any abilties.

Wow. Just wow..... so broken.
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Reverb the *** out of him.
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I only saw one (maybe two) occasion(s) in 5 mins (got bored after that tbh) where Malubeth actually proc'd when he was at low health and it didn't even look like his BoL was any different than without.

It seems as if you just came across a Tank who could out-heal your Dizzying Swing spam and you're incorrectly blaming that on Malubeth.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I only saw one (maybe two) occasion(s) in 5 mins (got bored after that tbh) where Malubeth actually proc'd when he was at low health and it didn't even look like his BoL was any different than without.

It seems as if you just came across a Tank who could out-heal your Dizzying Swing spam and you're incorrectly blaming that on Malubeth.

Look closely, you see the purple beams all of the time.
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ........ 10+ potatoes beating down on 1 player. I tank 20 potatoes with my 5 black rose + 5 fasallas + talon spam DK with 2 engin or 2 mal. Dosent mean im good. Just means im up against potatoes. 2 good players with 1 heal debuff can take you down mal or no mal. They way the game is set up by ZOS is numbers is always going to trump unless u are against potatoes. That video was just a bunch of DC potatoes ....... I barely even saw a major defile.......

The only sad thing and broken thing in that video is that the poor magblade had to die to pug potatoes with 0 coordination cos ZOS empowers zergs too much.
    Edited by Vangy on July 13, 2016 8:16AM
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minalan wrote: »

Look closely, you see the purple beams all of the time.

Yeah but I only saw the beam once (maybe twice) when he was at low health. Then when he got to roughly the same level of health without it, his healing didn't appear to be much different. Even when he was at near full health, OP still had basically the same difficulty getting it down without the proc than with it. That's the point I'm trying to make.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Working as intended....

@genjutsu_kami

I've only experienced Magicka Dragon Knights who can block and take this much punishment because of there inherent resource return passives.. but this sap tank isn't even trying or blocking. Considering how penetration shreds through heavy nowadays too, its pretty weird to see his health say 100% for so long and not fluctuate.

Note, the video is a good representation of SAP tanking (even though not much sapping is happening). It's the healing ticks being received at around 0:20-0:30 that are fishy to me. 5-7k none crit's coming very frequently without using any abilties.

Those very high Healing ticks are coming right after he uses Soul Tether
    And they are high !
    Especially because the other times he uses Soul Tether the healing ticks are lower

Edited by hrothbern on July 13, 2016 8:20AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i guess the comments already say enough about the video itself.

but i would like to add something else here. i were testing the procs yesterday a little bit with a friend in pvp.
    it doesn't seem to proc in only 6% (it was 6%, right?). i don't have any numbers or a reasonable sample size so it might be wrong. but it felt pretty wrong the whole time.

furthermore, skills like crushing shock (unmorphed or other morphs will behave the same) did most likely hit as 3 hits (fire, shock, frost), which increased the proc rate (to 18% or in case it's bugged even more). it was very easy to see a significant difference in its proc rate.

anyway, my question now is ( @ZOS_JessicaFolsom , @ZOS_GinaBruno , @Wrobel ):
    as far as i remember, scales had been adjusted to register only 1 hit when crushing shock was used, otherwise scales would have been almost instantly down, right? so why does it register as one hit against scales but in case of malubeth it registers as 3 hits increasing the proc chance? does that make any sense?
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Also, @ZOS_JessicaFolsom is this an exploit? Because I'd hate for players to get banned retroactively for using an in-game mechanic, which is seemingly your current policy.
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    Working as intended....

@genjutsu_kami

omg what have i just witnessed ...... wtf theres so many people beating on this guy, this is ridiculous.
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less dots and dizzying swing spam and more debuffs and hard cc jesus christ when are these terribads gonna learn how to deal with these builds, spamming dots and dizzying swing on a heavy armor wearing purge spamming argonian templar healbot with malubeth lol smdh, these videos do nothing but prove just how awful some of the players in eso are.
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Vangy The video is more so a showcase of the healing ticks being recieved from Malubeth, its not really about the pugs.

@hrothbern At the start of the video, soul tether is not used from 0:20-0:30 where you see some crazy ticks of 5k-7k none crits coming in at a rapid rate from Malubeth.

Yes these guys were probably pugs. The video doesnt do them perfect justice, there is over 10 more outside still attacking that sap tank. :p

He did a good job tanking them but i think it would have had different results without Malubeth personally.

PS4 NA DC
  • Hashtag_
    Hashtag_
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No CC's, roots, or snares on that sap tank. Those zerglings were just bad.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Less dots and dizzying swing spam and more debuffs and hard cc jesus christ when are these terribads gonna learn how to deal with these builds, spamming dots and dizzying swing on a heavy armor wearing purge spamming argonian templar healbot with malubeth lol smdh, these videos do nothing but prove just how awful some of the players in eso are.

Jip.... everybody has to go through the learning curve

And this vid is perfect learning material for newbies :)

Also a nice dummy to practice your rotations......

.... as long as you are not stupid and kill your dummy with meh abilities, that do not increase your tooltip DPS, but do counter the self-heals ! ;)

You can also see nicely in this vid how vulnerable a NB is in terms of self-heals !!!
    He is condemned to stay close to many enemies preferrably grouped around him at close distance, just like dum melee mob enemies in PVE.
    3 of the 5 major heal abilities he uses are 100% dependant on the enemies closely around him
    1. Soul Tether: nearby enemies.... AND: more enemies => more heals
    2. Sap Essence: 8 meter.... AND: more enemies => per enemy more, 20% higher heal
    3. Malubeth: 10 meter.... AND: more enemies spamming => higher proc uptime
    his fourth heal, Refreshing Path, forces the build to stay on that Path
    Only Swallow Soul would allow the build to move away from his enemies

so all in all a nice fun build,
    that did conveniently not use proxy, that would have stopped the fun of having enough enemies around him to proc Malubeth... get more Tether heals.... get higher sap Essence heals

... and a build you can ignore or just kill with the right tactics... unless ofc you are in a frenzy mood

Edited by hrothbern on July 13, 2016 9:34AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Vangy
    Vangy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Vangy The video is more so a showcase of the healing ticks being recieved from Malubeth, its not really about the pugs.

@hrothbern At the start of the video, soul tether is not used from 0:20-0:30 where you see some crazy ticks of 5k-7k none crits coming in at a rapid rate from Malubeth.

Yes these guys were probably pugs. The video doesnt do them perfect justice, there is over 10 more outside still attacking that sap tank. :p

He did a good job tanking them but i think it would have had different results without Malubeth personally.

@GreenSoup2HoT

I still dont see what's the big deal.... Why do people even run builds like this without a group? All that mag blade did was stand there and get spanked like a potato by a bunch of potatoes. I'd like to see a vid of a mal user tanking just 2 competent players who actually time CC with healing debuff. Its always the same videos I see where 20 nooblets take 3-5 mins to kill 1 dude cos they dont time ults or ccs with healing debuffs.....
    (2)V16 Dk- stam dps/stam tank/mag dps
    (2)V16 Sorc- mag dps/stam dps
    (2)V16 nb- stam dps/mag dps
    (1)v16 temp- mag tank/mag dps
    CP: 610 and counting

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates! Viva la revolutionz
  • olsborg
    olsborg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pffft ive seen malutemplars(exploiters) with reactive set (also broken) sit in 10 man beatdown and survive for a good 5 minutes.

PC EU
    PvP only
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is a reason that everyone in Cyrodiil refers to Malubeth as the cancer set. It's broken. It procs way too often and heals way too much.
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    olsborg wrote: »
    Pffft ive seen malutemplars(exploiters) with reactive set (also broken) sit in 10 man beatdown and survive for a good 5 minutes.

Reactive is not broken, it's a genuine good tank set. Also a 5 piece. Malubeth on the other hand is a 2 piece and offers far better survivability.When comebined they are just broken. Now stick them both onto a Templar and you have a demi god.