Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Malebeth EXPLOIT evidence

• Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Toughen up?
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm sure ZOS said Malubeth was working as intended?
    I don't really think it's OP though, although it can be a pain at times.

I don't like the whole 'I can't kill them, or they killed me to easy so nerf it' it's all you people complaining who are running this game into the ground.
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    olsborg wrote: »
    Pffft ive seen malutemplars(exploiters) with reactive set (also broken) sit in 10 man beatdown and survive for a good 5 minutes.

Reactive is not broken, it's a genuine good tank set. Also a 5 piece. Malubeth on the other hand is a 2 piece and offers far better survivability.When comebined they are just broken. Now stick them both onto a Templar and you have a demi god.

Currently it is. With the new patch it procs on templar snares and it shouldnt.
    Because I can!
  • Defilted
    Defilted
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This guy in the video is all defense. Most of what he is doing is face tanking your damage which is pretty easy to do when you go all in for defense and have no offense. Malaubeth is just icing on the cake. If one of you would have just rolled dodged away and broke the beam I am pretty sure you would have killed him. I see the beam procing when he did not need the healing most of the time.

If this player would have been a DPS toon then he would have been killed trying tank that damage. I am sorry , but I really do not see the issue that 2 people cannot kill a character right away that is specced to be all defense and absorb damage. Really the guy posed zero offensive threat to either of you.

You kill him eventually, so again a toon that is all defense should be able to withstand the DPS of a few people for an extended period of time. That is the point of the build. I really do not understand why people in this game get so upset when someone is not bursted down in 2 seconds. Maybe you should have left and called some friends over and then killed him faster.

I can tell you I have a Stam DK PVP tank. It is all defense. It is a very fun build to watch people get very frustrated and walk away when trying to kill you. Great for slowing wall breachers and people sneaking over the walls. Good for slowing a horde of enemies down and holding a flag in IC while your friends DPS the enemies. I did not use Maulabeth at first, but tried it lately and it will sometimes prevent me from diying but most of the time it is the full on defense build and defensive abilities that keep me alive.
    XBOX NA
    XBOX Series X

#NightmareBear
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has nothing at all to do with Malubeth being broken or OP.

This is a bad case of L2P. Did you ever notice how your WB did no more than 2-3k damage? Do you really expect to do any kind of damage against a heavy armour purge build, with your dots and WB spam?

Even if he had NOT been using Malubeth, you would NEVER have been able to kill this guy anyway.
    PC - EU
    Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
    Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
    Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
    Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • imredneckson
    imredneckson
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, malebeth..... not new to everyone... probably but its a problem, this is a video of me experiencing this exploit, and it is exactly how i described it.... an exploit, there is no way it should be healing this much, it is beyond ridiculous. (BTW I'm not calling the player on this video out I am making fun of zenimax so called system of assumption of something being an exploit or not or may look to be) this combat system is so forgiving its a joke.

do you guys at zenimax actually do like dynamic testing in many combat situations is that a thing in the office ? or do you guys just run numbers put it on PTS wait till theres enough rage threads on the forums before you change it? really ......

now this is not the only issue i am aware there are many many many other problems at the moment and my god many of the community are aware of this but today was the day i lost it, the video below will somewhat explain the problem.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A0Q3odRKeaw

this is not a promotion of my youtube channel in anyway this is me putting my two pence in the pot and hoping developers actually care enough to consider how they process patches.

but feel free to comment, like or subscribe by all means if you find it appealing. and yes dislike and comment whatever I am in no way against peoples opinions.

2x Malubeth
    5x Reactive
    5x Transmutation

makes one damn good PvP tank/healer build
    Legions of Mordor Guild Officer
    Member of the GvG Community

Dunmer NB - Merser Frey (DC)
    Dunmer DK - Akaviri Battlereeve (DC)- http://orig05.deviantart.net/7ecd/f/2016/013/b/f/you_***_kill_by_eso_picture-d9nrz0q.png
    Imperial Templar - Knight of the Blood Oath (DC)-
    http://orig00.deviantart.net/5ba3/f/2016/115/a/0/jesus_beam_ftw____by_eso_picture-da09ecj.png
    High Elf Templar - Aurí-El (AD)
    High Elf Templar - Teutonic Honor Guard (EP)
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    raasdal wrote: »
    This has nothing at all to do with Malubeth being broken or OP.

This is a bad case of L2P. Did you ever notice how your WB did no more than 2-3k damage? Do you really expect to do any kind of damage against a heavy armour purge build, with your dots and WB spam?

Even if he had NOT been using Malubeth, you would NEVER have been able to kill this guy anyway.

Yeah . Just because lag hides the purple beam sometimes and costumes hide the appearance doesn't mean you shouldn't know your fighting Malubeth . You should just assume and run a major defile debuff . I for one think it's great an plan on running this cheese with everyone else since not one dev will even acknowledge its still an issue for players .

youve-never-seen-a-hypocrite-before.gif
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah . Just because lag hides the purple beam sometimes and costumes hide the appearance doesn't mean you shouldn't know your fighting Malubeth . You should just assume and run a major defile debuff . I for one think it's great an plan on running this cheese with everyone else since not one dev will even acknowledge its still an issue for players .

Well even with major defile, you still need to pack some serious punch on top of that.
    The set basically drives the final nail in the coffin of non burst-meta builds.
    DOT builds were already tricky to play, and required true skill (imho), but with scrubs and l33t players alike wearing that set - it's either join the herd and go full damage with Cheesubeth on - or GTFO.

I chose the latter.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • Cronopoly
    Cronopoly
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is not news to the combat design lead and team. I believe this is exactly the way they wanted these pieces to work.

Same for Proxy Det which was an interesting design choice from day one as well and designed that way on purpose. The Design team plays the game just like you do , likely moreso. It obviously was nerfed and make no mistake the team likely didn't want to change it, if left to their initial wishes.

I think it's flawed thinking at this point to ask why an ability is strong as hell. We know why. Many of us just don't like the obvious answer and dream of unicorns, and world piece.

Remember there are humans on the other side deciding what goes in the game. To think personal desires don't play a part would be an odd omission. Do the devs use certain set pieces when they play? Again, don't ignore the answer just because you don't like it.

TL:DR - The game is EXACTLY the way the designers want it and designed it to be. Like someone mentioned, easily, 2 Malubeth, 5 Transmutation, 5 reactive could do this. Tanky as all hell.

Notice in the video, he did no damage to you. What's that say?

Edited by Cronopoly on July 13, 2016 2:10PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

Well even with major defile, you still need to pack some serious punch on top of that.
    The set basically drives the final nail in the coffin of non burst-meta builds.
    DOT builds were already tricky to play, and required true skill (imho), but with scrubs and l33t players alike wearing that set - it's either join the herd and go full damage with Cheesubeth on - or GTFO.

I chose the latter.

I know a good formula for dropping down even Emps wearing Malubeth . It's a very specific group build . So I could care less now . Not that I don't think the set is busted in PvP , I do . I just found a work around so let the pugs hammer away into the night on them . As long as we are dropping these Malubeth Tamplar and DK groups , I'm good .
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not seeing it in both the vids. The trend I see with some PvPers is that you need to contentiously attack the target with the same move in order to be effective with your damage.

You cannot do that to these more tankier builds. Malubeth in particular, punishes bad DPS by proc'ing to the enemy thats close in range.

You have to slow play your fight with the target whose using this set and wear him down. The first thing I do to a DK flappying his wings, or a Blazing Shield Templar is engage at a distance. Why would you engage the target if they are sporting Malubeth at close range at the start of the fight? There is no reason to DPS up close on them, espeically a Blazing Templar. Whose is specifically built to deal with your DPS close range.

Poison him with arrows, make him come to you and play cat and mouse. When his health drops to half and you sense he's running out of steam, proc Clever Alchemist, gap close, and finish him off quickly with executes.

If he's in a group and your alone, use common sense about who to engage first or run away.
    Edited by Takes-No-Prisoner on July 13, 2016 2:23PM
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I know a good formula for dropping down even Emps wearing Malubeth . It's a very specific group build . So I could care less now . Not that I don't think the set is busted in PvP , I do . I just found a work around so let the pugs hammer away into the night on them . As long as we are dropping these Malubeth Tamplar and DK groups , I'm good .

Well this sounds brilliant.
    As long as you're having fun fighting this algae invasion.

Cheesubeth is spoiling the fun for me - I just can't play the build I like at all anymore.
    I used to lose some, I used to win some, fair n' square.

Now what's the point.

• WuffyCerulei
    WuffyCerulei
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Bring a sorc with ya to drop Suppression/Absorption Field on them.
    For the love of Kyne, buff sorc. PC NACP 2100+Star-Sïnger - Khajiit Magicka Sorc - EP Grand Overlord - Flawless Conqueror vMA/vBRP/vDSA no death/vHel Ra HM/vAA HM/vSO HM/vMoL HM/vHoF HM/vAS +2/vCR+3/vSS HMs/vKA HMs/vVH/vRG Oax HM/vDSR
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well this sounds brilliant.
    As long as you're having fun fighting this algae invasion.

Cheesubeth is spoiling the fun for me - I just can't play the build I like at all anymore.
    I used to lose some, I used to win some, fair n' square.

Now what's the point.

I was exactly where you are . Then I said F it all , left for PvE land . Then I had a lightbulb pop over my head while rescuing a bunch of books for a researcher in a dungeon full of wild animals . So I returned to Cyrodiil and spammed abilities until I found ones that worked . Many soul gems later ... Eureka ! Good news everyone !
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's not so much a question of beating Cheesubeth minions.
    It's a question of having fun doing so.
    I just don't want to don my trite armours, wield my trite weapons, slot my trite skills to have a go at killing trite clones.

It ain't fun for me.
    It's like having a swim here:
    a-view-of-the-algae-filled-coastline-of-qingdao-shandong-pic-reuters-220968114.jpg

As opposed to there:
    captiva-beach-captiva_54_990x660_201404211817.jpg

• Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is one piece of the puzzle here ^
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was exactly where you are . Then I said F it all , left for PvE land . Then I had a lightbulb pop over my head while rescuing a bunch of books for a researcher in a dungeon full of wild animals . So I returned to Cyrodiil and spammed abilities until I found ones that worked . Many soul gems later ... Eureka ! Good news everyone !

Missed your reply in my previous message.

I see.

Hmmmm.

Seems you're more open-minded and creative build-wise than I am.

Gotta think 'bout this.
    There might be some fun at the end of the tunnel.

Edited by Arthg on July 13, 2016 2:59PM
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well it's not so much a question of beating Cheesubeth minions.
    It's a question of having fun doing so.
    I just don't want to don my trite armours, wield my trite weapons, slot my trite skills to have a go at killing trite clones.

It ain't fun for me.
    It's like having a swim here:
    a-view-of-the-algae-filled-coastline-of-qingdao-shandong-pic-reuters-220968114.jpg

As opposed to there:
    captiva-beach-captiva_54_990x660_201404211817.jpg

So you want Malibu not Malubeth ? Me too .

Malibu,_Western_Malibu,_(Californie).jpeg
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So you want Malibu not Malubeth ? Me too .

Just brilliant!
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    " Zenimax: what is dis sorcery ? What is this.... black magic non-sense that you've putten into the game"

Omg I died :D that video was funny.
    But it's true. I said it all the time, Malubeth IS exploiting and it needs a juicy nerf or simply be removed. This is going on for too long.
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not seeing it in both the vids. The trend I see with some PvPers is that you need to contentiously attack the target with the same move in order to be effective with your damage.

You cannot do that to these more tankier builds. Malubeth in particular, punishes bad DPS by proc'ing to the enemy thats close in range.

You have to slow play your fight with the target whose using this set and wear him down. The first thing I do to a DK flappying his wings, or a Blazing Shield Templar is engage at a distance. Why would you engage the target if they are sporting Malubeth at close range at the start of the fight? There is no reason to DPS up close on them, espeically a Blazing Templar. Whose is specifically built to deal with your DPS close range.

Poison him with arrows, make him come to you and play cat and mouse. When his health drops to half and you sense he's running out of steam, proc Clever Alchemist, gap close, and finish him off quickly with executes.

If he's in a group and your alone, use common sense about who to engage first or run away.

Funny thing. Yesterday I was Hadding with my DoT Argonian, poisoning and bleeding , when I encountered one of those tanky tanks. Obviously I saw a group trying to kill him but without any success. So I decided to help them, how? Using my DoTS

My poison arrow ticks for 1K- 1.5K with battle spirit included and that number is dramatically increased when the guy reaches 25% health... then I send him a tiny arrow... and you know? Each tick my poison injection did on that guy was 90.... yes NINETY. He negated the DoT over a 90%
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Dracane
    Dracane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    CP5 wrote: »
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.

Won't work vs templars with their 1 button cookie cutter builds.
    Push 1 button to heal an entire raid back to 100%
    Push 1 button to remove all negative effects on you
    Push 1 button to deal ridicolous brainless damage to everyon in front of you
    Hold down 1 button to destroy any 1vxing
    Auri-El is my lord,
    Trinimac is my shield,
    Magnus is my mind.

My debut album on YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/@Gleandra/videos
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

This is one piece of the puzzle here ^

There was a HA set in Cyro some time ago, that I wanted so much to pair it with major defile... saddly it is not available anymore...

it was something about a shield... or a coat of arms...
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.

until they purge it.

Why you inflict other de-buffs cause purge only removes 2. Warm up with some DoTs then add defile.

One of the templar ritual morphs removes 5 debuffs.

Then you keep stacking the de-buffs they only have so much magicka and so many fingers.
  • Takes-No-Prisoner
    Takes-No-Prisoner
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    My poison arrow

Not DoTs. I meant actual poison(s) equipped to the weapon that drains resources.
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    There was already videos and screens that Malubeth is bugged, yet people still pretend it is OK.
    Reactive Armor is also bugged and provide 100% proc vs templars, yet people prefer to ignore this fact (at least it will be fixed in next dlc patch).
    So, currently ignorant healbots that abuse both those sets is most *** thing in pvp.
  • Minalan
    Minalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is not news to the combat design lead and team. I believe this is exactly the way they wanted these pieces to work.

Same for Proxy Det which was an interesting design choice from day one as well and designed that way on purpose. The Design team plays the game just like you do , likely moreso. It obviously was nerfed and make no mistake the team likely didn't want to change it, if left to their initial wishes.

I think it's flawed thinking at this point to ask why an ability is strong as hell. We know why. Many of us just don't like the obvious answer and dream of unicorns, and world piece.

Remember there are humans on the other side deciding what goes in the game. To think personal desires don't play a part would be an odd omission. Do the devs use certain set pieces when they play? Again, don't ignore the answer just because you don't like it.

TL:DR - The game is EXACTLY the way the designers want it and designed it to be. Like someone mentioned, easily, 2 Malubeth, 5 Transmutation, 5 reactive could do this. Tanky as all hell.

Notice in the video, he did no damage to you. What's that say?

If the designers really intended this, then they need to be working at McDonalds. I'm sure @Wrobel will make a great burger flipper, because he can't make a game.

That's not fun. I can understand a tank being hard for one or two guys, but 50? The only thing that works on these builds is to slow drain their resources. It works, but it takes forever.

Fix Malubeth already, it's making PVP less fun for every halfwit potato that picks up the set.

• Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »
    There was already videos and screens that Malubeth is bugged, yet people still pretend it is OK.
    Reactive Armor is also bugged and provide 100% proc vs templars, yet people prefer to ignore this fact (at least it will be fixed in next dlc patch).
    So, currently ignorant healbots that abuse both those sets is most *** thing in pvp.

Malubeth is far from OK it is straight up over powered and wasn't the bug for it that it doubled dipped healing via crit or something that got fixed a few patches ago ?
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cinbri wrote: »

Malubeth is far from OK it is straight up over powered and wasn't the bug for it that it doubled dipped healing via crit or something that got fixed a few patches ago ?

It didn't fixed set. Unless 6k hp ticks is intended.
  • xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    xxslam48xxb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    YOU ARE PAGAN MATE! Rofl this is the funniest thing I have seen in a while man thank you. I agree though this kinda *** ruins pvp(and I have an argonian templar).
    I wrote a poem that I titled, "The ganker's delight."

As you lay upon the ground, cry not little pawn.
    The pain will pass as quickly as my blade did take you,
    but my delight will last and you will respawn.
    My heart simply cannot contain my joy, when I ply my trade.

The fault lies with you, your skill was lacking.
    Now your salt is mine forever, can't you hear the laughing?
    Once you were so proud and now you are reduced to this.
    A miserable, loud deuced fool.

With every tear you drip, with every excuse you let slip.
    All of your insecurities and worries bring a smile to my lip.
    From your despair I have ripped endless glories,
    but our affair is over now. Be afraid for I will return for more.

I have received many titles, to my allies I am The sniper Emperor and Grand champion hero of the Pact. However these titles mean little to me, it is the ones given to me by my victims that I prefer. To them I am "Xv1er", "trash", "no balls", "zerger", "noob", "cringe", "no skill", "camper", "100% new", "the reason this game is dying", "pathetic", "a sack of piece of [snip]", "mediocre", "absolute inbred", "beyond a virgin", "ganky dork", "fat smelly 40yr old virgin", "little girl", "daddy", "exploiting loser", and every [snipped] word known to man.