Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 14:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 16, 18:00 UTC (2:00PM EDT) - 20:00 UTC (4:00PM EDT) https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/667442

Malebeth EXPLOIT evidence

• GreenSoup2HoT
    GreenSoup2HoT
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To anyone defending Malubeth still.. there's one thing i need to make sure you understand.

This set is not suppose to provide its own HUGE self heals AT ALL. Previously before this set was bugged, you would be receiving only about a 1k HoT while the beam was proc'd. This sets function is all about that 30% increased healing which was VERY strong in its own right.

HOWEVER

The set is now bugged, the HoT you are receiving is anywhere from 5-10k per second depending on how much increased healing percentages you have. This is the problem. I have no issues with Tanks that have very good self sustain and big heals. The issue is when you try to CC one of these tanks when this particular set proc's, you maintain 100% even with 10 people pounding on you WITHOUT you using any self heals. This is most note-able on Templars because they can't use Breath of Life while CC'd.

SAP tanking like in the video i showcased before is hard to showcase the bug. They have very good self heals even while cc'd since all of their heals are HoT's, which are either all ready applied to their target or just laying on the ground. As you can see in the video, there is literally a flood of 1-2k healing ticks. So it may be hard to see in the previous video i stated what is actually wrong.

Edited by GreenSoup2HoT on July 13, 2016 9:08PM
    PS4 NA DC
  • Barlthump
    Barlthump
    ✭✭✭
    You used no heals debuff and spammed dizzy swing. And you expect to kill people? Damn.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Malubeth isn't a new problem. Some people figured out how to combat it a long time ago. Surprised they haven't posted a detailed analysis flow chart. If your in a ball group run reverb and impulse. Interrupt the beam. Don't spam wrecking blow and dizzy. It's a waste.
  • NoMoreChillies
    NoMoreChillies
    ✭✭✭✭✭

"my wrecking blow is not killing this guy, lets keep using wrecking blow"
    seems like a L2P issue imo
    Insulting people on the internet is cowardly.
  • TheBull
    TheBull
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stop being bad. Oh at watch the link in my Sig if you wanna see Malabeth!

Edit - OP you are terrible. L2Build
    Edited by TheBull on July 14, 2016 2:59AM
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd like to see malubeth proc chance lowered to 3/4%, 6% is far to high for such a strong effect, especially since it proc's off dots. It also needs a cooldown.

The heal it provides by itself needs lowering, not sure if it's ignoring battle spirit or something but the set was used to give a small but noticeable heal over time while buffing your own self heals. Now the actual heal itself is far too strong.

The healing boost it gives should be affect by battle spirit, or it should be changed to major mending.

It is overperforming as a 2 piece set. Look at the other sets.

Skoria - Proc's on dot's only, has a cooldown, gives a small damage boost.
    Nerinieth - Proc's on skill use only, has a cooldown, easy to avoid, small damage increase.
    Bloodspawn, proc's off both, has a cooldown, provides some armour + ult.

Malubeth - Proc's off both, NO cooldown, provides a strong heal, provides 30% increased healing, can easily turn any dps into a full tank.

I mean look at Kodi, he used this set to 1v14 a group, now kodi is a very good player and well done for achieving that but that would not be possible if this set didn't turn his full dmg character into a full damage tank.

The set is mean't to help tanks be tanks, it's mean't to give them a nice boost. But currently it's making full dps builds into nearly un killable tanks when it's proc.

Mag dk's were nerfed into uselessness because they could do 1v14's now a 2 piece set is making this possible again.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • Dredlord
    Dredlord
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.

until they purge it.

Why you inflict other de-buffs cause purge only removes 2. Warm up with some DoTs then add defile.

One of the templar ritual morphs removes 5 debuffs.

I gave you an insightful because youre so smart, now please tell us how much they increased the cost last patch...
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dredlord wrote: »
    NBrookus wrote: »
    CP5 wrote: »
    The set glitches out and provides much higher than intended heals yes, but in this video I think it just shows a templar healing themselves well over what a dot based dk can do. Its the breath of life that kept bringing that templar back up, try heal debuffs next time?

This too major and minor defile is a 45% healing de-buff use it all the time and I just love watching them Malubeth users drop like dead flies.

until they purge it.

Why you inflict other de-buffs cause purge only removes 2. Warm up with some DoTs then add defile.

One of the templar ritual morphs removes 5 debuffs.

I gave you an insightful because youre so smart, now please tell us how much they increased the cost last patch...

Not enough considering it counters a entire skill line and a main fighting style of a class. It's still not that expensive.
    PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
  • WillhelmBlack
    WillhelmBlack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    That set is exploiting, ban it! lol
    PC EU
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Male
    2000px-Mars_symbol.svg.png
    Beth
    name-graphics-beth-911572.gif
    Mali
    mali_map.jpg?itok=ZJfwKjCp

Beth
    kissbeth.jpg
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    TheBull wrote: »
    Stop being bad. Oh at watch the link in my Sig if you wanna see Malabeth!

Edit - OP you are terrible. L2Build

Thanks for sharing that Malubeth vid.

Must say that I really liked the first vid, disturbing the Siege in stealth and killing Sieging player, burning sieges :)

Question:
    I saw that your CLS shows the timpe stamp minutes, seconds and in milliseconds
    How do I configure that in my CLS ?
    I see hours, minutes and seconds.

Edited by hrothbern on July 14, 2016 8:39AM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In retrospect I don't think most forum warriors will be happy until we have one race, one class, no abilities and just run around hitting each other with heavy and light attacks. Then at a least baddies who are always wasting forum space demanding nerfs instead of learning to play better or adjusting their builds and play style will spend more time in game. There is always poke e man....
    Edited by DHale on July 16, 2016 1:31PM
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • out51d3r
    out51d3r
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exploiting is using something that is considered cheating such as gap closing into a keep what Malubeth is doing yes maybe extremely cheesy and giving players false perspective thinking that they are tanks while wearing it when they are not but it really isn't a exploit.

Actually, you are mistaken. Here's what ZOS says is an exploit:
    We would generally frown upon (and potentially take action as a result of) using third party tools or taking an advantage of an in-game mechanic that is not currently working as designed to in any way provide an advantage to your playing abilities

So, to determine if something is an exploit, there are two requirements:
    1. Are you taking advantage of an in game mechanic that that is not currently working as designed?
    2. Are you in any way gaining an advantage to your playing abilities?

It should be pretty obvious that the large heals form Malubeth fulfill requirement #2. The question is whether or not the large heals are intended. If they are not, then everybody who equips Malubeth fulfills ZOS's definition of an exploiter.

Of course, it's stupid that equipping a piece of equipment fulfills the definition of an exploit and nobody should be punished for it. It's also stupid that using a gap closer to close a gap fulfills the definition of an exploit.

ZOS can, at any time, decide that anything in this game isn't functioning the way they intended. As soon as they do, anybody using that thing immediately becomes a "cheater". They probably aren't going to do it here. Who knows when they will do it next though? "Exploiting" isn't nearly the black and white issue people make it out to be. ZOS(and basically every other mmo dev) use the "I know it when I see it" test to judge these things. It makes legitimate players who are simply trying to win within the mechanics the game provides into "cheaters". And they've now shown they are willing to retroactively punish these "cheaters".
    Edited by out51d3r on July 14, 2016 3:42PM
  • KramUzibra
    KramUzibra
    ✭✭✭✭
    Again it is not Malubeth heals to much but that (when it procs) it allows a player to easily negate battle spirit. The 30% healing boost isn't a major/minor buff it's it own thing so that is 30% more healing turning battle spirits de-buff to 20% less healing then add major mending a player negates battle spirit 50% less healing de-buff and gains 10% more healing. Now factor in DK, heavy armor, champion skills and a player can easily not only negate battle spirits 50% less healing de-buff allowing to receive full healing but also gain 25%+ more healing.

Seriously the set is broken to be way OP but it's not being exploited. Exploiting is using something that is considered cheating such as gap closing into a keep what Malubeth is doing yes maybe extremely cheesy and giving players false perspective thinking that they are tanks while wearing it when they are not but it really isn't a exploit.

Cheesy yes, exploit no.

Hey don't forget dk dragon leap is also in violation of teso since its bypassing siege mechanics to gain entry into the keep.
  • lappas
    lappas
    ✭✭✭
    WB hits for 2k - Blames on malubeth LOL i swear the people playing this game. And yes its spelled malUbeth.
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Everybody exploits and everybody cheats if given the opportunity. I love how people pretend like they are the last samurai on the forums but ingame are just as slimy and shady as everyone else. Honor among dweebs, ha! Regardless of the warped and whiny perceptions - ZOS creates the tools; we the players create the synergy. The whole point of PVP is to exploit your enemies weaknesses with the tools you are provided, period end of story. If there is a problem with balance or mechanics not working properly: Just like you can't blame a crackhead for smoking the crack you sprinkled at his feet, you can't blame the players for utilizing the tools they are given.

Edited by KundaliniHero on July 15, 2016 7:07PM
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Everybody exploits and everybody cheats if given the opportunity. I love how people pretend like they are the last samurai on the forums but ingame are just as slimy and shady as everyone else. Honor among dweebs, ha! Regardless of the warped and whiny perceptions - ZOS creates the tools; we the players create the synergy. The whole point of PVP is to exploit your enemies weaknesses with the tools you are provided, period end of story. If there is a problem with balance or mechanics not working properly: Just like you can't blame a crackhead for smoking the crack you sprinkled at his feet, you can't blame the players for utilizing the tools they are given.

I utterly disagree

Everybody has his own responsibility and choices
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Utter rubbish.
    Catch me cheating or exploiting.

Don't judge peeps according to your own lame standards.
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
  • KundaliniHero
    KundaliniHero
    ✭✭✭
    Arthg wrote: »

Utter rubbish.
    Catch me cheating or exploiting.

Don't judge peeps according to your own lame standards.

sounds like something an exploiter would say :)
  • Baconlad
    Baconlad
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it simply stole what the tool tip value was without boosting itself...it would be a fine set, balanced amongst the others. Because as stated before, it BOOSTS your own healing by 30%. Here's a thought. Change it to have a flat increase in healing, not affected by battlespirit, and continuously on, no proc needed. Then take away the beam. It would compete with bloodspawn in that case instead of being so damn overpowered....BTW I used to be on the "its fine" side of the house...until I equipped malu, reactive, viscious death all on a 50k health templar. Talk about OP as ***. I could indeffibetly walk amongst a FULL RAID of DC as they were zerg blobbing their way to the flags, when I felt the heat turn up too high, I simply walked away...nothing anyone could do about it. Left a trail of bodies in my wake.

But I admit...i still run the build. XD cause I'm cheese, it works and I don't GAF. Although I agree it needs to be nerfed a bit.