PTS Patch Notes v2.5.0

• InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    RoyJade wrote: »
    You absolutely don't need these motif, why being bothered by a pure cosmetic bonus ? Just ignore it, and done.

i'm selling equipment from time to time, having all styles is almost a requirement and yet, not worthwhile. Unfortunately, some players simply ask "can you craft everything" - answer:"no" - response:"bye".

I wouldn't mind if it wasn't that time consuming (or expensive). but let's take a look at some of it: Trinimac has a low "drop" rate and you can only run 1 daily per day with each char. it's time consuming as hell. the new motifs, at least some, sound exactly like this.

The main issue might be as well, that ZOS thought to have to increase the time people have to farm, believing that's some sort of content (or fun or anything - like the Wrobler statement that the RNG system on PVP boxes is exciting - it isn't... but it shows how messed up their thoughts on such things are). so they came up with this "let's split styles to chapters" bu****it". I wouldn't mind if they would slightly reduce the motif drop rate but instead only books would drop...

edit:typo
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on June 29, 2016 8:22AM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    i'm selling equipment from time to time, having all styles is almost a requirement and yet, not worthwhile. Unfortunately, some players simply ask "can you craft everything" - answer:"no" - response:"bye".

Well, I understand better. But try a "yes, all but X style" instead of a "no", it work well for me :)

I have absolutely no trouble with these motifs, because with my guild we have a deal. Everyone give the new motif to our guild dedicated crafter, and then he gives every page he already has to those who give the most. We was able to complete Thieve Guild motif (the one we get with heist) in two day for three people. But it ask a good organization and a great guild, not easy to do everywhere.
    Options
  • Pops_ND_Irish
    Pops_ND_Irish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldnt put up with these updates. I would just leave the game. How dare they !
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We've just updated the notes to add the previously missing details below. (And our apologies that we missed these when we first posted the notes!)

New Motifs
    The Akatosh, Dark Brotherhood, Dro-m’Athra, and Minotaur crafting styles are now available to craft.
    • Akatosh
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are occasionally found in the reward for the Daily Quest to defeat the champions of the Kvatch Arena.
      • Pearl Sand, the style item for the Akatosh style, is guaranteed to come from that same Daily Quest reward. It also occasionally drops from those bosses. Grains of Pearl Sand, the raw version of the style item, can be found in resource nodes throughout the Gold Coast. Your chance of obtaining Grains of Pearl Sand increases with your knowledge of the style.
    • Dark Brotherhood
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are available by completing Sacraments for the Dark Brotherhood. The better your performance, the more likely you are to obtain a piece of the Motif.
      • Black Beeswax, the style item for the Dark Brotherhood style, is occasionally obtained by completing Contracts for the Dark Brotherhood.
    • Dro-m’Athra
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are available by completing the Quest to clear the Maw of Lorkhaj. You will always obtain a piece of the Motif from this quest, regardless of whether the quest is completed on Normal or Veteran mode.
      • Defiled Whiskers, the style item for the dro-m’Athra style, are found in that same Quest reward. They are also obtained by killing bosses in the Maw of Lorkhaj: Occasionally from bosses on Normal mode, a guaranteed drop from every boss on Veteran mode, and multiple Defiled Whiskers from defeating Rakkhat on Veteran Hard mode.
    • Minotaur
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are occasionally found in the reward for the Daily Quest to kill Limenauruus, the giant Minotaur, in the Gold Coast.
      • Oxblood Fungus, the Style Item for the Minotaur style, is guaranteed to come from that same Daily Quest reward. It also occasionally drops from that boss. Oxblood Fungus Spores, the raw version of the style item, can be found by killing lesser Minotaurs all throughout the Gold Coast. Your chance of obtaining Oxblood Fungus Spores increases with your knowledge of the style.

New Item Sets
    The following new item sets are available from the Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack.
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Amberplasm
      • Aspect of Mazzatun
      • Heem-Jas’ Retribution
      • Mighty Chudan (Monster Mask Set)
    • Cradle of Shadows
      • Gossamer
      • Hand of Mephala
      • Velidreth (Monster Mask Set)
      • Widowmaker

Shadows of the Hist Loyalty Reward: Personality
    A new "Drunk" collectible personality is available by purchasing the Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack and visiting either the Cradle of Shadows or Ruins of Mazzatun! Using this personality will allow you to take on a new inebriated attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even emote.

New Titles
    In Update 11, you will be able to obtain three new titles:
    • Hist-Shadow: Complete Veteran Cradle of Shadows and Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun to earn this title.
    • Mageslayer: Defeat the Mage Celestial in Veteran Aetherian Archive, while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this title.
    • Shehai Shatterer: Defeat the Warrior Celestial in Veteran Hel Ra Citadel, while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this title.

oh here we are again... even more motifs, let the farming begin, call it content and force people who can't buy it with gold to buy the dlcs to grind it themselves.

as if it isn't already boring, a pain and costly to get all current motifs... (still missing around 14 motif chapters to have them all, and it hasn't been worth the effort / money at all, but somehow i feel forced to get them...)

LOL then don't get it. Now people get to look fly in some of those sets, and for those who enjoy that they get to go have their fun. The world doesn't revolve around you or me, shocking ain't it.
    Options
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    We've just updated the notes to add the previously missing details below. (And our apologies that we missed these when we first posted the notes!)

New Motifs
    The Akatosh, Dark Brotherhood, Dro-m’Athra, and Minotaur crafting styles are now available to craft.
    • Akatosh
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are occasionally found in the reward for the Daily Quest to defeat the champions of the Kvatch Arena.
      • Pearl Sand, the style item for the Akatosh style, is guaranteed to come from that same Daily Quest reward. It also occasionally drops from those bosses. Grains of Pearl Sand, the raw version of the style item, can be found in resource nodes throughout the Gold Coast. Your chance of obtaining Grains of Pearl Sand increases with your knowledge of the style.
    • Dark Brotherhood
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are available by completing Sacraments for the Dark Brotherhood. The better your performance, the more likely you are to obtain a piece of the Motif.
      • Black Beeswax, the style item for the Dark Brotherhood style, is occasionally obtained by completing Contracts for the Dark Brotherhood.
    • Dro-m’Athra
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are available by completing the Quest to clear the Maw of Lorkhaj. You will always obtain a piece of the Motif from this quest, regardless of whether the quest is completed on Normal or Veteran mode.
      • Defiled Whiskers, the style item for the dro-m’Athra style, are found in that same Quest reward. They are also obtained by killing bosses in the Maw of Lorkhaj: Occasionally from bosses on Normal mode, a guaranteed drop from every boss on Veteran mode, and multiple Defiled Whiskers from defeating Rakkhat on Veteran Hard mode.
    • Minotaur
      • The Chapters (or rarely, the full Book) are occasionally found in the reward for the Daily Quest to kill Limenauruus, the giant Minotaur, in the Gold Coast.
      • Oxblood Fungus, the Style Item for the Minotaur style, is guaranteed to come from that same Daily Quest reward. It also occasionally drops from that boss. Oxblood Fungus Spores, the raw version of the style item, can be found by killing lesser Minotaurs all throughout the Gold Coast. Your chance of obtaining Oxblood Fungus Spores increases with your knowledge of the style.

New Item Sets
    The following new item sets are available from the Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack.
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Amberplasm
      • Aspect of Mazzatun
      • Heem-Jas’ Retribution
    • Cradle of Shadows
      • Gossamer
      • Hand of Mephala
      • Widowmaker

A new "Drunk" collectible personality is available by purchasing the Shadows of the Hist DLC Dungeon Pack and visiting either the Cradle of Shadows or Ruins of Mazzatun! Using this personality will allow you to take on a new inebriated attitude by changing the way you stand, move, and even emote.

New Titles
    • Hist-Shadow: Complete Veteran Cradle of Shadows and Veteran Ruins of Mazzatun to earn this title.
    • Mageslayer: Defeat the Mage Celestial in Veteran Aetherian Archive, while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this title.
    • Shehai Shatterer: Defeat the Warrior Celestial in Veteran Hel Ra Citadel, while the Trial is scaled to Champion 160 to earn this title.

oh here we are again... even more motifs, let the farming begin, call it content and force people who can't buy it with gold to buy the dlcs to grind it themselves.

as if it isn't already boring, a pain and costly to get all current motifs... (still missing around 14 motif chapters to have them all, and it hasn't been worth the effort / money at all, but somehow i feel forced to get them...)

LOL then don't get it. Now people get to look fly in some of those sets, and for those who enjoy that they get to go have their fun. The world doesn't revolve around you or me, shocking ain't it.

Not really, cause it revolves around me… I have the scars to prove it.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel can we add impen back onto the PVE Loot table. Their no reason to remove a desired trait when you have traits no one wants.
    Edited by Jaronking on June 30, 2016 12:10PM
    Options
  • Hawco10
    Hawco10
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm really super happy to see that they are fixing one of the most important action items that needed fixing. I can't begin to tell you how many times my guild mates have been talking about it.
    Thye are finally fixing the issue of our mud crab pets not keavng their footprints properly behind them.
    Options
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭
    WHY oh WHY are they removing werewolve's ability to devour players?
    WHY? Thats like one of the best things of being a werewolf! Being able to eat your victim.

you cant tell me its for pvp. If a werewolf finds the time to actually leave himself vunerable for liek 4 seconds to devour a player in the middle of battle, they should be able to take that risk. I dont see any other reason.
    Edited by reagen_lionel on June 30, 2016 8:56AM
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    WHY? Thats like one of the best things of being a werewolf! Being able to eat your victim.

It's the ncp werewolf devour who has been nerfed, not the player one.
    Options
  • reagen_lionel
    reagen_lionel
    ✭✭✭✭

It's the ncp werewolf devour who has been nerfed, not the player one.

Oh good lawd thank you. I was tripping.

I kinda just scrolled down and saw that, and didnt realize it was in the monster catagory cause it was at the bottom of the list of that post.

Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Well, I understand better. But try a "yes, all but X style" instead of a "no", it work well for me :)

I have absolutely no trouble with these motifs, because with my guild we have a deal. Everyone give the new motif to our guild dedicated crafter, and then he gives every page he already has to those who give the most. We was able to complete Thieve Guild motif (the one we get with heist) in two day for three people. But it ask a good organization and a great guild, not easy to do everywhere.

TG motifs are easy and not a problem at all. As I've explained earlier, other motifs, like trinimac are an issue (daily quest and low drop rate).

Regarding your "yes, all but X style". already doing that, but it's still a pain.

your approach with a guild farming motifs works of course. if you have a guild that is after such boring pve cr**.

New Motifs
    • Akatosh
    • Dark Brotherhood
    • Dro-m’Athra
    • Minotaur

New Item Sets
    • Ruins of Mazzatun
      • Amberplasm
      • Aspect of Mazzatun
      • Heem-Jas’ Retribution
    • Cradle of Shadows
      • Gossamer
      • Hand of Mephala
      • Widowmaker

New Titles

guess you didn't get the point. it is a very cheap way to create "content". just go there and do this thing (e.g. slaying the same f**king boss 20 times per hour) over and over again for hours. it's cr**.

so you have the following possibilities:
    - don't get them (and loose income as you can't craft what your customers want)
    - farm them yourself (requires buying the dlc and huge amount of time and is boring as hell)
    - buy them for gold (mostly overpriced and you won't get that money back from your customers, at least in most cases)
    - buy them later for crown (the way ZO$ likes it. probably the reason why they introduced chapters instead of whole books)

edit:typo
    Edited by InvitationNotFound on June 30, 2016 9:29AM
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    Options
  • Adiedbyrac
    Adiedbyrac
    Soul Shriven
    No changes for magsorcs, pointless race changes. Ok, I will wait for another patch to start playing again. If I will still remember this game.
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Adiedbyrac wrote: »
    No changes for magsorcs, pointless race changes. Ok, I will wait for another patch to start playing again. If I will still remember this game.

It is worse, no changes to classes at all. <,<
    Well, I guess after @Wrobel said 'some classes are just better than others', we should have expected this. he is just throwing balance out of the window.
    Options
  • Banzai406
    Banzai406
    ✭✭
    Raising the champ points cap 30 points are they serious ???? What a joke
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel can we add impen back onto the PVE Loot table. Their no reason to remove a desired trait when you have traits no one wants
    Options
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Played the Dungeons, and they are really well done. On par difficultly wise with the white gold and what not, though we did 3 man them lol.

Tried the improved VDSA and the difficulty spike is appreciated. On vet the first boss has about 5-6million health, in live right now he had 600k. On live 1 could easily solo him, an OL spam would wipe him. Now he was tough and aghast we had to pay some attention to mechanics. In fact our group wiped a few times, where in live we would breeze through, it will need much better coordination now so thanks.

The new dungeons apparently are dropping the helms on normal, well the spider mephala dungeon to be exact. The mephala dungeon is a bit buggy, with some switches not working we had to relog twice, and always staying in combat when everything is dead and no red in display. And the last boss when coming back up seems to be stuck in the animation to send you back down again and kind if freezes up for a few seconds (free DPS time)

All in all well done. Very fun.
    Options
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    Despite all the hate in this posting, I for one am exited about this.

Maybe some one already answered this, but after waddling through 13 pages, I could not find the answer.

The tokens, how much will they cost?

And I know player housing is coming too, since it was mentioned that there will be new construction, even if the new buildings are not yet available for us, does any one know more details on this?

Thanks!

GwJSVDShark
    Options
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    Question,

I have been playing PvP a lot lately, and have noticed that some players are cheating.

Endless Ultimates, specially watching someone shot meteors back to back to back. Something they call a ‘Jesus ray’, basically a one shot kill despite your build, you simply are running around, and suddenly there is this 50k kill out of the blue. And lastly, endless magika and health, they simply never run out, and health remains 95%+ even when a number of us are attacking the same target, and I mean, 10 of us hitting him at once, and nothing.

I am new to all this, apparently they log in via a 3rd party program called Cheat Happens or something similar.

Makes it real discouraging to go into Cyro when these guys are around. 4 AD were dominating the entire board despite all the other players, they all had these cheats going on, and this happens a lot.

Can the new patch address this?
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Despite all the hate in this posting, I for one am exited about this.

Maybe some one already answered this, but after waddling through 13 pages, I could not find the answer.

The tokens, how much will they cost?

And I know player housing is coming too, since it was mentioned that there will be new construction, even if the new buildings are not yet available for us, does any one know more details on this?

Thanks!

GwJSVDShark

No price announced yet.
    Question,

I have been playing PvP a lot lately, and have noticed that some players are cheating.

Endless Ultimates, specially watching someone shot meteors back to back to back. Something they call a ‘Jesus ray’, basically a one shot kill despite your build, you simply are running around, and suddenly there is this 50k kill out of the blue. And lastly, endless magika and health, they simply never run out, and health remains 95%+ even when a number of us are attacking the same target, and I mean, 10 of us hitting him at once, and nothing.

I am new to all this, apparently they log in via a 3rd party program called Cheat Happens or something similar.

Makes it real discouraging to go into Cyro when these guys are around. 4 AD were dominating the entire board despite all the other players, they all had these cheats going on, and this happens a lot.

Can the new patch address this?

For someone complaining about the 'hate' in this thread, you are not terribly well informed are you? Infinite Ultimate, Permanent Running, etc, those are all effects of using a hacked game. Since several calculations for ESO are made on Client Side (on your computer) and then sent to the server, it is not terribly hard to alter that data before it is sent. There is no fixing this problem without restructuring completely how the game handles data, the best ZOS can do is implement some safe guards and try increase the security of their encryption. That and they can ban people.

Jesus Beam is just a really powerful ability, it is working as intended. It is a channeled execution that kills you really, really fast. Can't be dodge, reflected... Yes, there is a reason it got that nickname.

All of this has been going on for a really long time though...

On top of that now any and all gap closer are broken and allow you to jump on top of walls or my favorite, charge at people through doors. That bug was introduced with Dark Brotherhood and it doesn't look like the fix is coming...
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel can we add impen back onto the PVE Loot table. Their no reason to remove a desired trait when you have traits no one wants
    Options
  • Stoltverd
    Stoltverd
    ✭✭✭
    Oh for the love of all that is good!!!! PLEASE MAKE THE BLOCKING INDICATOR TOGGLEABLE!!!!!!
    And while at it why not also the stamina glow in the characters feet when rolling (with the green mist in first person) and the bow heavy attack indicator?????
    Options
  • Greifenherz
    Greifenherz
    ✭✭✭
    Stoltverd wrote: »
    Oh for the love of all that is good!!!! PLEASE MAKE THE BLOCKING INDICATOR TOGGLEABLE!!!!!!
    And while at it why not also the stamina glow in the characters feet when rolling (with the green mist in first person) and the bow heavy attack indicator?????

I second this notion. It's a bit patronizing to assume the average player doesn't understand the consequences of a solid shield between them and their target. It also makes the different motif styles for shields in particular a bit superfluous since you can't see them when the shield is being used...
    Options
  • cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no fixes at all for sorcs then. Ah well, I guess it's just one more patch of me having a break from the game then.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So no fixes at all for sorcs then. Ah well, I guess it's just one more patch of me having a break from the game then.

Come on man, your Bound Toggle now has new super cool looking effects and your pets stand further away from you so you can steal *** without being noticed! Oh, and they are now smart enough that one stands on your left side and the other on your right side!
    Options
  • Cuddler
    Cuddler
    ✭✭✭
    Nikkor wrote: »
    Nord 20 percent health recovery from 30 percent!? Really? Thanks for messing with my health recovery orgnam nightblade tank.

Nerf not needed. It hardly effects things and just upsets players. Leave it at 30. Still not as powerful as most classes.

Thanks

Could not agree more. Leave Health Recovery alone! Nord as it stands is a tanking race. Get rid of Frost Resistance if you need to change something. Replace it with a Stamina or Magicka Recovery bonus. +6% to Max Stamina is not very useful for a tank.

Options
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow no fix for malubeth?
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow no fix for malubeth?

working as intended... respectively no ETA.

they most likely haven't realized how bugged that set is. i doubt it will be fixed in a reasonable time (besides a reasonable time has already passed without a fix... but anyway, who cares about pvp, balance and bugs?)

Addons:
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Add impen back tot he loot table @Wrobel
    Edited by Jaronking on July 1, 2016 9:27AM
    Options
  • GwJSVDShark
    GwJSVDShark
    ✭✭✭
    No price announced yet. - got you

you are not terribly well informed are you?

- nope, as i stated, i just got into PvP

Jesus Beam is just a really powerful ability, it is working as intended. It is a channeled execution that kills you really, really fast. Can't be dodge, reflected... Yes, there is a reason it got that nickname.

- how fdo you get this? if others can get it, i want it too

On top of that now any and all gap closer are broken and allow you to jump on top of walls or my favorite, charge at people through doors. That bug was introduced with Dark Brotherhood and it doesn't look like the fix is coming.

- i saw that, only wish i knew how to do it as well. it would balance gameplay
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No price announced yet. - got you

you are not terribly well informed are you?

- nope, as i stated, i just got into PvP

- how fdo you get this? if others can get it, i want it too

On top of that now any and all gap closer are broken and allow you to jump on top of walls or my favorite, charge at people through doors. That bug was introduced with Dark Brotherhood and it doesn't look like the fix is coming.

- i saw that, only wish i knew how to do it as well. it would balance gameplay

Jesus beam is the ability Radiant Destruction and its morphs. It is a Templar ability.

If an enemy is close to the edge of a wall, be that a NPC or a player, and you are within range, you can charge on to them. If an enemy is running into a keep and you charge them as they enter, you will be brought through the door as well. It is pretty simple really, though Zenimax considers the use of this 'unintended mechanic' exploiting and it is supposedly a punishable offense.
    Options