PTS Patch Notes v2.5.0

• cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grao wrote: »
    No price announced yet. - got you

you are not terribly well informed are you?

- nope, as i stated, i just got into PvP

Jesus Beam is just a really powerful ability, it is working as intended. It is a channeled execution that kills you really, really fast. Can't be dodge, reflected... Yes, there is a reason it got that nickname.

- how fdo you get this? if others can get it, i want it too

On top of that now any and all gap closer are broken and allow you to jump on top of walls or my favorite, charge at people through doors. That bug was introduced with Dark Brotherhood and it doesn't look like the fix is coming.

- i saw that, only wish i knew how to do it as well. it would balance gameplay

Jesus beam is the ability Radiant Destruction and its morphs. It is a Templar ability.

If an enemy is close to the edge of a wall, be that a NPC or a player, and you are within range, you can charge on to them. If an enemy is running into a keep and you charge them as they enter, you will be brought through the door as well. It is pretty simple really, though Zenimax considers the use of this 'unintended mechanic' exploiting and it is supposedly a punishable offense.

Well, concidering their punishments are usually for the people playing without exploits since they completely ignore any and all cheating/exploiting going on I'd say go right ahead and cheat/exploit, you won't have to worry about any consequences to it since ZoS don't care enough to do something about it.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016
    He was a skilled Crafter and a reliable Sorcerer;
    Then came the Dark Brotherhood

Wrobel wrote: Surge is now more effective for tank characters.
    Because crit tanks are so good, LOL. xD
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Jesus Beam is just a really powerful ability, it is working as intended. It is a channeled execution that kills you really, really fast. Can't be dodge, reflected... Yes, there is a reason it got that nickname.

On top of that now any and all gap closer are broken and allow you to jump on top of walls or my favorite, charge at people through doors. That bug was introduced with Dark Brotherhood and it doesn't look like the fix is coming.

Jesus beam is the ability Radiant Destruction and its morphs. It is a Templar ability.

If an enemy is close to the edge of a wall, be that a NPC or a player, and you are within range, you can charge on to them. If an enemy is running into a keep and you charge them as they enter, you will be brought through the door as well. It is pretty simple really, though Zenimax considers the use of this 'unintended mechanic' exploiting and it is supposedly a punishable offense.

Well, concidering their punishments are usually for the people playing without exploits since they completely ignore any and all cheating/exploiting going on I'd say go right ahead and cheat/exploit, you won't have to worry about any consequences to it since ZoS don't care enough to do something about it.

Now, now, we should not condone or support cheating and exploiting, Zenimax does enough of that by knowingly inserting this bugs into the game in the first place. XD
    Options
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Now, now, we should not condone or support cheating and exploiting, Zenimax does enough of that by knowingly inserting this bugs into the game in the first place. XD

Oh, I'm not condoning or supporting cheating, I just state facts about how the game is atm and how the devs handle it.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

Options
  • Sinolai
    Sinolai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I know this is rather nitpicky, but...

When you think "Opportunist", you think of things like wealth and gold. Not prestige and standing (AP).

When you think "Diplomat", you think prestige and standing (AP). Not wealth and gold.

Breton's Opportunist should provide a 1% gold gain, and Imperial's Diplomat should provide a 1% AP gain. It fits better with the words, with TES lore, and it makes sense that Imperials should have a (tiny) advantage in their own home province whereas the merchant-class Bretons should be the ones getting the (tiny) gold bonus.

totally agree with this.
    Options
  • Actually_Goku
    Actually_Goku
    ✭✭✭✭
    I think from what I've been watching on the PTS, Nords need a LITTLE bit more. I'm thinking, on their Stalwart passive, the 6% Stam is nice, but maybe change the 20% health recovery to 10 of each health and Stam?

I also think Bretons need a slight magic damage boost. They're being left riding the coat tails of the Elves. Spell resistance is almost negligible at this point, especially in PVP and on glass cannons.
    Edited by Actually_Goku on July 3, 2016 2:38AM
    Options
  • Clarkieson
    Clarkieson
    ✭✭✭✭
    So many changes, i should think that about 90% of them wil be broken somehow knowing how ZOS break everything they touch

Is the ps4 version being tested? Lol

There are parts pf the ps4 version that are almost unplayable now, nevermind after this "update"

Two maybe three more of these and the game wont work at all, im calling it.
    Options
  • arkansas_ESO
    arkansas_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No buffs for magicka? With the sole exception of magic templar (and stamplar's still pretty damn good), stamina outperforms magicka 100% of the time in PVP. In a game with only 8 specs (magicka/stamina of each of the 4 classes), that's 3 specs that aren't viable in PVP. That's nearly 40% of specs in the game being useless in PVP. Please strongly reconsider your past nerfs to key magic abilities (projectile limit on Reflective Scales, increasing cost penalty and self-root on Streak, the very, very harsh damage nerf to Proxy Detonation, as well as the introduction of the Shield-Breaker set) and give us players who want to play a mage something to work with.

Grand Overlord 25/8/17
    Options
  • Mix
    Mix
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm would making the argonian passive increase healing received and healing done be overpowered? Then the argonian's who currently tank wouldn't lose that increased healing received...
    Options
  • Shadowshire
    Shadowshire
    ✭✭✭✭
    templesus wrote: »
    Wtf? Where are the class changes? This may be the worst PoS patch notes I've seen you ABSOLUTELY did nothing this patch

Are you saying that class changes have been made but have been omitted from the PTS patch notes?? Has it occurred to you that there might not be any changes to classes that need to be made??

At least they didn't decide to nerf yet more Sorcerer abilities. Then again, they also didn't restore at least some of the benefits which the nerfed abilities previously had. Bethesda also has failed to introduce a crafted set appropriate for Sorcerers that requires knowledge of 8 or 9 traits to craft. All of the 8- and 9-trait crafted sets benefit melee-weapon wielders and healers.

It is abundantly clear that Bethesda doesn't believe in "magic" except as a skill for some hand-held melee weapon wielder or just incidentally for a healer, too.

--- Shadowshire .......... ESO Plus on PC NA with Windows 7 Pro SP1

nil carborundum illegitimi
    Options
  • DephlaterMouse
    DephlaterMouse
    ✭✭✭
    Miszou wrote: »
    Oompuh wrote: »
    Love the Khajiit and Argoninan change :smile:
    Great Work!

I'm guessing you have (or will have) an Argonian Healer. Because no-one in their right mind will want Agonians for anything else now.

At least before, there was some utility in boosting healing received (for both DPS and Tanks), but what use is healing done for anything other than a healer?

There's no diversity here at all. Absolutely none.

Funnel Health anyone? Twilight Pet morph for sorcerer that heals a couple people at a time? Just a couple "utility" options off the top of my head.
    USA to New Zealand transplant.
    Options
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After 2 years struggling with my mageblade lizard, I give him a chance to go Stam. DW with bloodlust and blood craze as key skills, full heavy for moar health and a lot of CPs into thaum for the DoTs. I Even made him a WW. And he never was better before... Now ZOS tells me that the race's flavor is extra magicka...

At least the changes didn't take anything of what I had before.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
    Options
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Isarii wrote: »
    Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom, just to make certain I'm reading this right:
    Undaunted Chests Improvements
    We've improved the rewards from the Undaunted chests! Now, the items you obtain from these chests will always scale all the way up to your current level and Champion Rank.

Does this mean that previously acquired items will be bumped up when the gear cap is raised?

I want to make sure it doesn't just mean that they'll scale to your level at the time of the chest opening before I start celebrating.

only new gear you find will scale" improved rewards from the undanted chests" seems pretty clear they are referenceing undaunted chests and not every piece of loot ever picked up. they arent going to level up the loot in everyones banks! why would you think that lol
    Options
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armitas wrote: »
    lonewolf26 wrote: »
    After playing for a couple hours it feels as though the animation sticking that are causing skill bars to lock up are getting worse. These are an existing problem carried over from Dark Brotherhood's animation changes, but on the PTS they seem to be more frequent. In my run of the Ruins of Mazzatun, my dragon knight would not respond to input after dropping a rearming trap for a couple seconds. After that it seemed to fire off all of the skills in my rotation at about the same time including several light attacks. Please tell me this will see a fix before Shadows goes live.

I get that a lot mixing healing springs between resto heavies. Springs is done and I hit heavy attack and it won't start.

It happens casting caltrops as well. Bar swap before the animation ends and caltrops won't fire and your heavy attacks stick.
    Options
  • AshTal
    AshTal
    ✭✭✭✭
    I wish they would remove the argonian heal when using a potion.

I like the % increase to magic but it should be 2% 4% 6% not 1,2,3
    And we should scrap the bonus when drinking a potion and get a set increase to magical recovery - make ours the same as the Khajit just magic not stamina. Please get rid of drinking potions at all for a passive.

I also think quick to mend should be 2 4 6 to healing given and received. So an Argonian healing himself gets 12% bonus but this also makes him an ok tank or healer for party members.
    Options
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So when will you fix sorcs again, ZoS? Just wondering since you completely murdered them last patch.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

Options
  • AClockworkLime
    AClockworkLime
    ✭✭✭
    Please reconsider making the option to change your appearance an Crown Store-only option.

I know you think the reason people have been clamoring for that feature was so that they could make large, massive changes to their character out of boredom and the like, but the truth is that most people only want to fix minor mistakes due to the way the character creation system works.

I also know that a lot of the louder people on the forum think this as well, and that they think the character creation method is perfect and flawless and you get "exactly what you saw," but that's just not true. You never get to see your character from the same angles you see them in game, the three armor options pale compared to the types of armor you'll be wearing in-game, and sometimes what looks good/right in the character creation screen just does not translate the same way into the actual game no matter how hard you try.

Would it really be that awful to have it -- and it alone; no one (sane) is asking for things like the option to change races or names to be cheap and easily available -- as both a gold sink and a Crown Store option in the same fashion as horse training and bag space? I mean, you could even make the price adjustable by how much a player alters their character if for some strange reason you're worried about them "abusing" the system, and for making the Crown Store option all the more lucrative for those players who do indeed want to make a complete overhaul of their character's looks.

Just... please don't make it only a Crown Store option, especially for players who only want to make a small handful of minor changes like cheek or leg size. Doubly so since they'll probably still not be satisfied with the changes after the first save, again because of the disconnect between the character design interface and the realities of the game world -- you never quite know what you're going to get, at which point that 500/1000/1500/however many crowns just went swirling down the pooper.
    Edited by AClockworkLime on July 5, 2016 10:42AM
    Options
  • joshhh_nb
    joshhh_nb
    ✭✭
    @AClockworkLime 100% agree with what you're saying but looking at it at a business perspective its a great way to make money for zos tbh, since more players are leaving and or unsubscribing due to the changes they are making, charging people to change appearances and names is a great way to generate revenue. Plus i doubt they will charge gold for it considering how much they are charging for mounts and dlcs.
    Options
  • AClockworkLime
    AClockworkLime
    ✭✭✭
    joshhh_nb wrote: »
    @AClockworkLime 100% agree with what you're saying but looking at it at a business perspective its a great way to make money for zos tbh, since more players are leaving and or unsubscribing due to the changes they are making, charging people to change appearances and names is a great way to generate revenue. Plus i doubt they will charge gold for it considering how much they are charging for mounts and dlcs.
    No, it really isn't.

What this is going to do is turn more people away, and leave the entire feature to be all but unused after the first few days when people realize they have to pay a ridiculous amount of money just to change the height of their cheeks or the fullness of their lips, which was the only thing bothering them about their character.

Options
    cosmic_niklas_93b16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    joshhh_nb wrote: »
    No, it really isn't.

What this is going to do is turn more people away, and leave the entire feature to be all but unused after the first few days when people realize they have to pay a ridiculous amount of money just to change the height of their cheeks or the fullness of their lips, which was the only thing bothering them about their character.

Well, Zo$ is only milking the game all they can now short term as they really have no interest in the long term health of the game.
    R.I.P. Daranth Spellborn
    VR16 Dunmer Sorcerer
    March 2014 - May 2016

Options
  • Azramel
    Azramel
    ✭✭✭
    I don't think the current racial changes are balanced. Some races have a variety of bonuses like the nords and orcs while others are left with only their original 3 like breton and redguard. Ex: Orcs get max health, max stamina, health recovery, healing received, melee damage, sprint speed, sprint cost reduced. That's 7 different effects, Orcs OP. Bretons get max magicka, spell resist, and magic cost reduced. << Only 3. Redguards only have 3 and got the nerf bat almost doubling the cooldown of their last passive. If I had to choose between all that stuff the Orc gets and a Redguard, I'd choose an Orc, especially for pvp. Maybe ZOS can try to add some more variety to races with fewer passive effects? Also, if ZOS is going to keep the nerf on redguards, can you include ranged attacks into adrenaline rush. Does it have to be limited to only melee? My mains are currently Breton, Argonian, and Redguard. Nords and Orcs look appealing, but I'm not going to use race change tokens to swap to them just because they get more goodies. That's so cheap. I choose my races for specific builds and want to see them get improvements like the others. I will definitely roll a Nord and Orc for new toons tho, I think they will be OP in PVP.
    Options
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The race with the "only three passives" are the most powerful. So, no.
    Redguard is still one of the stamina king for the great damage and the still great sustain, they don't need any buff.
    On the 7 passives orc have, two are for stamina dps, three for tanking, two for movement, they don't have a specialization like redguard or altmer, and they aren't as strong as them. Yes, they can have some really good build in pvp, but a redguard can do nearly the same AND something else with more ease.
    Options
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Rodents of unusual size. XD
    A few new buildings were added to several zones, and the zone maps were updated accordingly. These buildings are not accessible at this time. In some of these locations, wildlife, and/or bystanders were removed or adjusted to make way for the new construction. In addition, some residents have been moved from their homes, and those buildings are no longer accessible. These changes are in preparation for the upcoming release of Player Housing.

*cheers*

Zenimax !!! Dont reimplement the same system as the one in place for Guild Trader !!!!! House should not be a daily toll !

#whathaopendtoourhouse
    Options
  • hamgatan
    hamgatan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not a patch specific question but more PTS in general..

Can you unlock the World and Guild skill lines fully on the PTS for all players? It's hard to test end game setups when you have to level MG1-10, FG1-10 and Vamp 1-10 just in order to crunch numbers.

The other issue is unless you finish the FG quest line you can't get to the Earth forge.. and I need to get in there to craft my Orgnums Scales set I've been testing on my vamp tank. So no way to port otherwise :/
    PC / NA - 1500 CP
    L50 Argonian MagTemplar PvE Healer (US/EP) "Smothers-With-Pillows"
    L50 Argonian StamPlar PvE DPS/Solo (US/EP) "The Rusty Argonian Spade"
    L50 Khajit StamPlar PvE DPS (US/EP) "Critteh Kitteh"
    L50 Khajit MagDK PvE DPS 97k (US/EP) "Snowflake Crusher"
    L50 Redguard StamDK PvE Tank (US/DC) "Rampant Rabbit"
    L50 Dunmer MagDK PvE DPS (US/DC) "Deep Fried Bin Chicken"
    L50 Altmer MagSorc PvE DPS (US/DC) "Acirrum" - The vMA/vvH Potato Sorc
    L50 Orc StamSorc PvE DPS (US/AD) "Fraggle Proc"
    L50 Altmer MagBlade PvE Healer (US/AD) "Never Goanna Heal You Up"
    L20 Redguard StamBlade PvP Tank (US/AD) "Sneak Dogg"
    L50 Breton MagWarden PvE Healer (US/EP) "Drunk-The-Koolaid"
    L40 Orc StamDen PvE DPS (US/EP) "Fugly Betty"
    L50 Breton MagCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Ivanna Fakakakis"
    L50 Redguard StamCro PvE DPS (US/DC) "Skeletons In The Closet"
    L50 Dunmer Stam Arcanist PvE DPS 80k (US/EP) "Sends-The-Trout" - 1 Bar Oakensoul
    L20 Nord Arcanist PvE Tank (US/EP) "Now Thats a Huge Witch"

Xbox One / NA - 360 CP
    L50 Altmer MagBlade (US/AD) "Cork Soaking"
    L10 Argonian Templar (US/EP) "Makes-Me-Moist"
    L10 Argonian MagDK (US/EP) "<Forced-Name-Change>"
    L27 Altmer MagSorc (US/EP) "Sorcie McSorcface"

|GM - The Bin Chicken Alliance | Aussie Dragon Slayers | Aedra | The Skooma Emporium | The Bus | The Bounty Hunters Guild |
    Options
  • Rothschild
    So when will you fix sorcs again, ZoS? Just wondering since you completely murdered them last patch.

If you're talking about magicka sorcs...100% word. I want the old shields back - doesn't Zenimax recognize that only Stam players are hanging around in Cyrodiil?!
    Von Rothschild - Magicka Sorc PvP/PvE
    Shades of Death - Stamina Nightblade PvP
    Ragnarr Loðbrók - Stamina Dragonknight PvP
    Undisputed Legend - Blazing Shield Templar PvP
    Abaddon PK - Stamina Sorc PvP
    Anti Meta - Frostlar (Magicka Templar)
    Guild / FB: Six Feet Under
    Emperor Counter SFU: 10
    PSN-ID: Cronos_La_Magra
    Youtube
    They hate us cos' they ain't us
    Options
  • Wilvarin_nz
    Wilvarin_nz
    Soul Shriven
    I'm wondering - about the name changing - what happens to the existing ring of Mara if one of the characters get the name changed? Does the "Created by..." on their partner's ring stays the same it was, or the name there changes to the new one?
    Options
  • zZzleepyhead
    zZzleepyhead
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom There's 0 replay-ability with this patch! Most of us are sitting on the sidelines waiting for content that involves players versus other players. Killing NPCs is mildly rewarding and excessively underwhelming.

I'm sure the new dungeon will hold my attention for a week's time, but then what? I'll be stuck with Town Capture for the next year? I'm sick of the 150ms+ latency. It drives all competitiveness out of the game. You aren't going to attract any new "SERIOUS" players if you continue down the same path. Why don't we have an experienced community manager? I have nothing against you Jessica, but I imagine you haven't set foot in Cyrodiil in a LOOOONNGG time. And that's very concerning.

Get your *** together ZOS
    CeI3eR9.gif
    Edited by zZzleepyhead on August 3, 2016 7:16PM
    Options
  • thelastNoble
    Minalan wrote: »
    ZOS fix the mess you made with the sorcerer class!

Start with the inadequate passives, non-existent instant heals and missing defensive abilities, then address shield duration.

Stronger execute would be nice. Definitely agree the wards nerf was a little on the unnecessarily heavy side since the sorcerer is so squeshy. I can't even do a rotation without having to recast between when agro is heavy unless you have a god healer with all the magicka cost being raised reflecting their spell damage and crit as well. Instant heals though? He heals on crit, the healing is epic making duel wield and destro staff so viable which in my opinion is the most enjoyable build. Why do you think they put up the highest Maelstrom scores? Some of the passives could be reworked but overall the Sorcerer is pretty descent. They just made magicka cost go up making him tough to sustain in certain situations. Bound Aegis in my opinion is kinda weak too for resistance since inner light needs to be slotted as well. Even then he has equal Magicka to other magicka classes but the overload sustains fine. The overload bar swap with a controller isnt that fluent as well often paired with lag and glitching going overload with constant swapping on console. Passives really increase his spell damage. Problem really lies in trials where the sustain is extremely tough dropping Shooting Stars. PvP is really where Magicka Sorcerer is lacking too.

Finally ESO has made new characters not such a chore with 50 so I'd try stamina Sorcerer if you like the class. I hate stam classes but grinded a stam sorc just to try it and ended up keeping him. Fun build, just wish he had a true gap closer to play duel wield and bow in PvP but has incredible damage potential in PvE.
    Options
  • Aidanp02
    Aidanp02
    Mix wrote: »
    Hmm would making the argonian passive increase healing received and healing done be overpowered? Then the argonian's who currently tank wouldn't lose that increased healing received...

First of all, argonians aren't overpowered, and never will be.
    Second, they really should change the passives for argonians. I think that they should do something like this:

Resourceful - Increase Magicka Recovery by 7/14/21%

Argonian Resistance - Increase Max Health by 2/4/6% and Poison/Disease Resistance

Quick to Mend - Increase Max Magicka by 1/2/3% and healing done/ received by 2/4/6%
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Please do not raise the CP cap more. The raw stats that the CP system offers makes the game less challenging and interesting. :(
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys