Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Cheating and Exploits

• Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    Vaoh wrote: »
    Gotta say, I'm glad that cheating with CE on console is nearly (if not totally) impossible. This is a legitimate mess that has formed on PC!

The fact that ZOS doesn't care to fix it, despite the $$$ and time it'll take, shows they care only for the short term. Losing players because of Dev incompetence is never good for a game.

I stopped believing in ZOS a long time ago, and was never given a reason to care again.

This is an awesome game with a Dev team I hate (besides for a few select Devs).

Imagine if they were like the Warframe Devs where people will buy Platinum aka Crowns just because they love and support the Devs who try their hardest to put forth the best experience and content they can.

Not to mention warframe is a f2p game. The level of effort from the devs over it, using a severly limited budget is amazing
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I just found out about the race change passive stacking exploit.
    Wonder if that is what I have been observing on PS4 as we are always behind PC on patches.
    Did it even get fixed on PC?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Edited by TequilaFire on August 18, 2016 6:06PM
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    @yodased if you're on the group just let me know who you are so I can give you admin rights :3
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS_RyanM wrote: »
    We have gone ahead and removed several posts that were detracting from the main topic. Please keep your posts civil and constructive. Also Posting videos in an attempt to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation is a violation of our naming and shaming rule. If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the forums.

Unfortunately in game reporting doesn't work. Give us an alternative that works, otherwise you are just enabling exploiters and cheaters with posts like this...

We need a more productive and efficient way to report things like this.
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    There would be a lot less cheating if ZOS actually took care of PvP instead of neglecting it since launch. Part of why people cheat is that they are bored with the game, and the game is so poorly maintained and broken, they say "why not." I am not justifying their behavior, just explaining it. But lets just take it from their own mouths.
    TTL9d61.png

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Broken_windows_theory

ZOS: Start listening to the PvP community, admit your game is broken, and start fixing it, or more and more people will just give up and start cheating for fun.

Exactly. People are doing the same things on consoles now that the PC sees regularly. The "third party" barrier doesn't exist anymore with a little bit of extra work.

People are running macros, health bots, the works. Not as common as PC, obviously but still a thing.

And nothing is done about it. We've reported, submitted tickets with video proof, etc, on players who we clearly witnessed using the gap closer exploit and sending a x-faction friend into the outpost to be the gap close target and taking them without popping them just so they could cut off transit.

The rules are selectively enforced in game, while here, you get posts closed and warning messages for minor infractions while actually addressing real issues is completely neglected and you go ignored.

Personally I haven't seen a single person that was using any sort of macro on PS4, and even if they could how can you prove they are? Hell I haven't even seen a clear case of rubberbanding in a long time!

For starters, when the same character can do the Crit Rush proc of 4 separate abilities multiple times in a row, it isn't lag and it isn't player skill. I've mastered AC for the most part, and there are still people who Crit Rush and upon impact, proc three surprise attacks and executioner to insta kill you. No blocking, no defense. Nothing. You just take a full list of attacks on impact. That is a macro. If it happened every now and again, sure. But it happens literally every time you get the guy 1v1? That's a macro.
    Options
  • ManDraKE
    ManDraKE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

lol, get exposed german
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would like an admin response. How are we supposed to report clear and obvious acts of violation when the in game option doesn't work?
    How are we supposed to respond when clear and obvious video evidence is provided with a support ticket and yet nothing is done?
    How are we supposed to react to your threads when we see players repeatedly showing the same signs of exploitation and cheating still getting to play the game with those exploits and hacks?

I have more than a fundamental knowledge of programming. Hacking and modding consoles is rather easy for someone just a little more knowledgeable than myself. So it's not L2P

You want constructive and civil, this is me asking for a constructive answer.

What do we do when your provided avenues don't work?
    Options
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    My timecard ran out for ESO and before I run out and buy a new one I wanted to see if anything has changed regarding cheating in the game. Judging from the posts in this discussion - I guess nothing has changed. A quick look on Google shows at least three more exploits being actively discussed.

And we can't even report now? Great!

Come on ZOS. Show us that this discussion is more than just lip service and show us that you are actually doing something. I haven't really been active in PVP in over a year, mostly due to the wall exploits and I miss it. Until then I guess I will follow @yodased 's suggestion.
    Options
  • Bhozz52
    Bhozz52
    ✭✭✭
    Looks like you are failing your loyal customers ZOS , time to pull
    your finger out and ban the cheats asap. Sick and tired of crafting
    and collecting top gear only to have it rendered useless against these
    pests.
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Z0$ continues so moderate forum in the hope of damage limitation, suspending users speaking out against cheating. Alot just use 3rd party sites now like Reddit where you can see an honest response.

All i see here is Z0$ forum sweepers addressing everything except the actual cheating posts. Listening to the video where someone got un-banned by talking to a Z0$ representative. He should be fired for having no integrity.

I am definitely not subbing again to support this treatment.
    Options
  • Barbet
    Barbet
    ✭✭
    So I take it perma band still doesn't mean perma ban... my sub runs out in oct. I lived without a crafting bag before I can do it again. I got enough crowns to cover the next 4 or 5 DLC's. Hopefully that will be enough time for ZoS to drop the hammer on cheaters or another game to come out that isn't so cheater friendly. Some where me and my friends can go play together a fair game and enjoy new content and pvp based on skilled we have at hitting buttons. .

I got what I called uzi'ed the other day, what ya'll would called macro'd., death from 4 skills and one of them a heavy attack in less then 1 second. BING BANG BOMB your dead. I am not very technically at all, I don't have a game recorder to send a video or do I even know how to start submitting a report from in game with video attached to report the person. I have the feeling that even if I educated myself to be able to do so, it would fall on death ears. Might as well go start talking to a tree wait for it to respond based on the lack of response by ZoS on this forum.

I hear you @yodased . I play this game because of the people I play with. I as well run a rather large social guild (about 400 active members) full of nebee's and people playing since beta. . I have been told I have a lot of followers who for some reason like playing the game with me. I am still very angry with how ZoS is handling cheaters. I will be pulling my funds if nothing changes when my subscription comes up. I will let the many different people who play with me, know I will be doing so. If I leave this game, I will do so without saying a word on the forums, but I will being letting my guild know that I am and why I am. I will let my friends know what game I am going to go to and hope they will join me there. This just may be the shortest I have ever played a mmo. and I have been playing these stupid games since merdian59. Yes I'm old. To old to pay money to have my entertainment disrupted by someone who is using a cheat and the company letting it happen. Its sad. Its like having to find another bar because there are to many drunks throwing up and the management is not cleaning up their vomit nor kicking them out. No matter how much you liked the bar, you just get tired of stepping in puke.
    When I stop laughing, I stop playing
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, so...
    It's been 84 days (60 weekdays) since @cyx54tc and @Nifty2g made one of the first threads about this problematic (although this was a problem as long as the game is live).

We have seen almost ZERO communication from ZOS in almost three months.

Their "permaban pardon" policy ruined their reputation, and casual players avoid this game like the plague. The only communities that still play are either hard PvE players or PvP guilds that embrace exploits and cheats.

ZOS, you need to start thinking long term, and with a more broader vision.
    You may have kept a handful of paying players in the game, but you have lost hundreds if not thousands of new paying players by pooping on your reputation and credibility.

We know you are not in a good position to be.
    But your only currently valid tool to fight cheating is permaban hammer, and you blew it!
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • Munavar
    Munavar
    ✭✭✭
    Well, they closed the ‘Salvation Set Perma Bans’ thread as the moderator(s) deemed it better discussed in this tread.

Background ...
    I do not know the users involved though from TS and the previous thread; at least one is in a guild I am in. I do not ‘travel’ in the same circles as I have given up ‘end game raiding’ many years ago.

Personally, if one feels the need to cheat within a game, they are just a sad muppet.

On this topic, I offer two points for consideration …

First, each of these cases is strictly between the ZOS and the user. Be that as it may, people love to speculate. May it be in this case, the reason for the ban was not the usage of the set for demonstrative purposes of bug reporting but for demonstrating the set to others and spreading the knowledge of the exploit? For precedence, recall the meteor filled skies of Cyrodiil one weekend when Cheat Engine was widely demonstrated.

Second, there have always been ‘broken’ sets in this game. Before tonight I had no knowledge of this particular set (as I tend not to spend my time trying for specific loot) and also learned about the Storm Knight set. There will always be the argument of ‘I did not know’ unless ZOS posts the exploits on a loading screen to make everyone aware. They have no inclination to do this, and in my opinion, this would only make matters worse as those people out ‘ruin another’s day’ will have a laundry list of activities\sets to use.

Given the last topic of ESO Live on bug fixing and the time it takes; @Wrobel; @ZOS_BrianWheeler is it possible to update set bonuses\percentages to zero ‘on the fly’ through a hot fix? This would give the development team the time they need to fix issues properly? It would also eliminate the ‘cheating’ through sets (be it intentional or not).
    Dae - TM
    Options
  • GottbeardESO
    GottbeardESO
    Soul Shriven
    Fathermoo wrote: »
    Love this game
    Spent my time and money on it
    But the keep wall jumping is really turning me off of PvP
    I know it's a big discussion in this posting
    So why don't we all take the time and report them
    If zos wants a future with gamers they have to start taking a stand
    I've made mine
    Reporting every time I see it
    Done deal
    BF1 is coming
    I can get my PvP fix there

latest?cb=20160330070608
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Can someone tell me if this is a cheat and should be reported or a ESO bug.

I was in IC and this guy sneaks up behind a strong NPC that has over 100k health and slices his throat with 1 hit. I seen it and i whispered the guy.. "how did u do that, it takes me 20 hits to kill that guy". He says "Group with me" and I tell him I am not that good. He says group with me anyways. So I did.

Well he was sneaking around and didn't see the boss behind him and dies, and then he rezzes. I follow him until I see his body and then he falls over dead again. I was thinking "hmm .. how did he die again nothing hit him". So I go over to rez him and I can't, the game won't let me. Then his dead body starts to move, I follow him till he stops, i try to rez again but no luck. His dead body slides up the stairs behind one of the capture-able flags and the guards start shooting at him. He tells me to kill the guards so i did. We took the flag ( well me and the dead body ) Then his dead body slides around the whole area and bumps into all the enemy and they fall over dead. It was crazy, he would slide to the next enemy and bump them and they would die.

I messaged my friend ( or at least I tried ) I said, "Can you please come to IC and record something for me". My mistake, I accidentally messaged the guy who I thought was cheating. So I ran off.

Is this cheating? Or is it just a bug? To me it was totally cheating but i know how somethings are buggy in ESO.

I do have a picture of him laying next to one of the mobs he killed as he was laying down, but that does not prove what I seen.
    Edited by vamp_emily on August 20, 2016 7:03PM

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    vamp_emily wrote: »
    Can someone tell me if this is a cheat and should be reported or a ESO bug.

I was in IC and this guy sneaks up behind a strong NPC that has over 100k health and slices his throat with 1 hit. I seen it and i whispered the guy.. "how did u do that, it takes me 20 hits to kill that guy". He says "Group with me" and I tell him I am not that good. He says group with me anyways. So I did.

Well he was sneaking around and didn't see the boss behind him and dies, and then he rezzes. I follow him until I see his body and then he falls over dead again. I was thinking "hmm .. how did he die again nothing hit him". So I go over to rez him and I can't, the game won't let me. Then his dead body starts to move, I follow him till he stops, i try to rez again but no luck. His dead body slides up the stairs behind one of the capture-able flags and the guards start shooting at him. He tells me to kill the guards so i did. We took the flag ( well me and the dead body ) Then his dead body slides around the whole area and bumps into all the enemy and they fall over dead. It was crazy, he would slide to the next enemy and bump them and they would die.

I messaged my friend ( or at least I tried ) I said, "Can you please come to IC and record something for me". My mistake, I accidentally messaged the guy who I thought was cheating. So I ran off.

Is this cheating? Or is it just a bug? To me it was totally cheating but i know how somethings are buggy in ESO.

I do have a picture of him laying next to one of the mobs he killed as he was laying down, but that does not prove what I seen.

The moving corpse sounds like lag. The one-hit kills sound like blade of woe kills (since you mentioned slicing throat).
    Options
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Sharee wrote: »
    The moving corpse sounds like lag. The one-hit kills sound like blade of woe kills (since you mentioned slicing throat).

Thanks for answering, It did look like he was using blade of woe, but the lag i'm not sure but it is an acceptable answer. I was not lagging and for over a year I have never seen anything like this happen. Nothing else seemed to be lagging, I seen others walking around normal, after he died I never seen him rez again, just a lot of questionable things. But you are more than likely right, just visually it just didn't look right.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

Options
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just found out about the race change passive stacking exploit.
    Wonder if that is what I have been observing on PS4 as we are always behind PC on patches.
    Did it even get fixed on PC?
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

LOL? You mean old race passive stays after changing it no new one sand You can add also new race passives? What the....
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have done the thing where my body slides around like I am dead after getting knocked over.
    Options
  • zacvanm
    zacvanm
    ✭✭✭
    Ps4 Bruma dolmen glitch. People are getting inside the pedestal where the anchor drops and ganking from there. We can't kill them as we can't target them. They come in and out as they please. Anyone else having this issue?
    EP Nord StamDK PvP
    EP Breton Magplar PvP/PvE
    1750cp
    PS-NA
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No time to fix any of this. They have lockboxes to design.
    Options
  • XDragonDoomX
    XDragonDoomX
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    I would like an admin response. How are we supposed to report clear and obvious acts of violation when the in game option doesn't work?
    How are we supposed to respond when clear and obvious video evidence is provided with a support ticket and yet nothing is done?
    How are we supposed to react to your threads when we see players repeatedly showing the same signs of exploitation and cheating still getting to play the game with those exploits and hacks?

I have more than a fundamental knowledge of programming. Hacking and modding consoles is rather easy for someone just a little more knowledgeable than myself. So it's not L2P

You want constructive and civil, this is me asking for a constructive answer.

What do we do when your provided avenues don't work?

@ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom - please, could we have an update as requested
    Edited by XDragonDoomX on August 22, 2016 8:28AM
    "Forums are like a herd of performing elephants with diarrhea.
    massive, difficult to redirect, awe-inspiring, entertaining, and a source of
    mind-boggling amounts of excrement when you least expect it. ”

(with apologies to Eugene H. Spafford, aka Spaf)

I have the power to please one person per day. Today is not your day.
    Tomorrow... Tomorrow does not look good either.

82. Victory laps after killing the dragon with my 1d2 bow is considered in poor taste.
    83. My gnome does not like big butts and he cannot lie.
    84. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying a 220lb pull crossbow.
    85. Not allowed to talk my fellow inquisitors into buying an industrial strength flamethrower.
    86. Not allowed to make a superhero with a 99% chance of dodging even after the -10 penalty for a successful called shot.
    87. There is no such thing as a dwarven katana.
    88. My bard does not get a bonus to perform if she is obviously not wearing anything under her tabard.
    89. The elf's name is not Legolam.
    ** Mr Glenn's Forbidden activities list**

Options
  • DeclaredJester
    Happened to me too. The dead guy moving around. I think it's lag gapclosers getting stuck or dead guys still standing.. It's a feature.

Personally I find the 3-4 hit chaining with gapcloser very annoying. I wish ZOS would implement a check if people fire off skills too quickly and just kick them off for lets say 12 hours. That would discourage cheaters, if they had a 12 hour cooldown between each cheat. even if it doesn't just bump it up by 1-2 hours for each infringement.

Also the glitch that allows someone to steal the scroll and still mount his horse (this is on Xbox) needs to be fixed. When the person is on his horse, there is no scrollbeam. Only the compas will indicate who has the scroll. Try picking out the guy in a 30 man zerg based on the compas alone.
    Edited by DeclaredJester on August 22, 2016 9:52AM
    Options
  • Cously
    Cously
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I see many suspicious things in my death recaps. Things that shouldn't be possible or maybe the death recap is misleading me, or my lag or the server lag is delaying or speeding the recaps, I don't know. Things like 3 Dawnbreakers from the same person in between other attacks. Combos of heavy attacks, weapon swaps, two dizzying swings and other strange stuff. I've died to people like that in less than 2 secs. I run 7 heavy and radiant magelight all the time sitting at 32k health. Surely animation cancel is a thing but it does feels like 2 secs in my end, perharps was more in the server ends. I feel wary to report people when that kind of thing happens because it's not very clear for me what happened.

In short, I believe a detailed and accurate death recap or explainations how it works, very specific tooltips in skills and even a pinned list of do's and don'ts, bugs, exploits, etc. So we know what to avoid doing and what to look for. That will avoid unjust witch hunts and the bitter taste of "what just happened" to people who get apparently one shot.
    Options
  • DeclaredJester
    The 1-shot thing happened to Diablo too (both 2 and 3). Result was that the game died off.

If things like attack chaining, scroll glitching, glitch repairing are allowed the continue, the primary reason to be topside starts to wither away (notice I didn't mention keep jumping).
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KenaPKK

I heard recently that people are able to use CE again. Is this still true?
    Options
  • ESO_Must_Be_F2P
    @KenaPKK

they able to do it since launch
    nothing changes
    Options
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @KenaPKK

They never stopped anyone from using it.
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    @KenaPKK

nothing changes

I heard that people have a way to do it that's not detectable again by ZOS after the changes they made to the anti-cheat code or whatever they call it a couple months ago.
    Options
  • ESO_Must_Be_F2P
    @KenaPKK

nothing changes

I heard that people have a way to do it that's not detectable again by ZOS after the changes they made to the anti-cheat code or whatever they call it a couple months ago.

you cannot know for sure if its detectable or not, without being a member of ZOS tech team
    anyway your questions is quite suspicious
    Options
This discussion has been closed.