Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• davidcombs7
    Where do i report someone for scamming me and asking for my gold back i filed a ticket on game but want a response asap. I traded 400k and he said he would pull alloys out of vault and left the group. His GT is [Snip], he is a known scammer and needs banned!

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 8, 2016 9:28PM
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Where do i report someone for scamming me and asking for my gold back i filed a ticket on game but want a response asap. I traded 400k and he said he would pull alloys out of vault and left the group. His GT is [Snip], he is a known scammer and needs banned!

Unfortunately you will be the one in trouble for naming and shaming on the forums. A ticket is about all you can do. Getting scammed is not going to get very far though I am afraid.
    Edited by [Deleted User] on August 8, 2016 9:28PM
  • bryanhaas
    bryanhaas
    ✭✭✭✭

[Edit to remove naming and shaming]

So you gave him 400k when he did not have the mats on him? Next time tell him to COD it to you. AFAIK ZOS considers this an element of the game, your 400k is gone and you are probably not getting anything in return. About the best you could do is tell everyone you know about him but that's really it.
    PS4 NA AD GM formerly known as GM of "The Children of the Void"

9 trait crafter I do all the things (Yes I mean ALL the things ;0).

Price list: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1FTV7ACtmEpQQwsEiHVcrBxC0zKaj6LKvc3An7dGG2t0/edit?usp=sharing
    Youtube: MaulochBaal https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRav05_8nWGvlTrfBBefaEw/featured
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xvorg wrote: »
    Bethesda games had a discount last weekend on Steam due to the Quakecon. Perfect time for testing Skyrim.

Sorry guys... but I'm sick of Zenimax Online policies and management within this game.

You understand that they're just a division of Bethesda, right? The underperforming one at that.
  • clayandaudrey_ESO
    clayandaudrey_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pomaikai wrote: »
    Bethesda games had a discount last weekend on Steam due to the Quakecon. Perfect time for testing Skyrim.

Sorry guys... but I'm sick of Zenimax Online policies and management within this game.

You understand that they're just a division of Bethesda, right? The underperforming one at that.

That is wrong. Zenimax Media owns Bethesda as well as Zenimax Online Services.
    Edited by clayandaudrey_ESO on August 8, 2016 11:02PM
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dubhliam wrote: »
    AshTal wrote: »
    One of the issues I have with exploiters is I am never sure if they are cheating or just exploiting bad game mechanics. Like when someone can do 35K damage in 3 seconds in PvP by spamming a single attack. Is the game just that broken that they can do this or have they found an exploit? When one person out damages 5 people while healing everything they kick out is this cheating or has he just found a super build?

Also even when its a known bug it appears that cheaters get a 12 hour suspension after 3 months of ruining other peoples fun, so whats the point?

First, let me break down the numbers you show here:
    35k damage in 3 seconds is around 11.5k DPS. Even when we take into account the 50% damage reduction, that would be equivalent to 23k DPS in PvE.
    23k DPS is nothing to be amazed with.

Next, I see people play the game for months and even years and still not know how to properly build their characters.
    They simply make something out of whatever they have easily available, and if they think that works, they stick with it for the next year.
    Even if that build sucks bigtime.
    Honestly, I have gone into WGT today with a guy that actively plays ESO for at least one year, has over 501 CPs. Most of the time he spends in Cyrodiil.
    I don't expect people to know the mechanics or have super DPS, but this guy could barely kill Lightning Aspect after 10 seconds, not evading lightning, but spamming Vigor to counter the DoT, and when he finally kills the Aspect, he is now out of stamina and continues to light attack Kena, although she is in her bubble.

I can imagine that once word got out people are using cheats, that this person was pointing fingers at anyone who killed him in Cyrodiil, while in fact, he is just a poor player.
    And he's not alone, there are tons of players of that skill and mindset in ESO.

Yes, this could also be boiled down to one of ZOS' faults for giving the players so much freedom in building their characters, making the disparity from good to bad builds/players gigantic.
    But I don't see anything they can do about that in Cyrodiil.
    The only thing they could do, is increase the difficulty of the solo world content, so that people would e forced to learn and improve.

Then, and only then, when the players in ESO have somewhat similar knowledge of the game combat system and mechanics, can a person point a finger and say: "This guy is most definitely a cheater".

My guess is that ZOS is in a big of a mess right now with cheat prevention because they are overflowed with player reports of other players that are playing genuinely without cheating.
    Serves them right for nerfing everything to kindergarten difficulty and thinking this would not have long term consequences.

Or maybe it was because a former player dropped the dime on the so called "great" players and exposed how they were doing it by going out into Cyrodiil and showing the world? I'm going to go with that explanation myself...

Also, it's not unusual for a PvPer, even a great one, to suck at PvE. PvP is about burst and durability, PvE is about DPS and stayoing out of stupid. PvPers will often use full impen or sturdy, while PvErs will use divines and/or infused. Some players don't have the time to grind gear sets for both.

As reflected in Cyrodiil zone chat, it's much more likely that a PvEer reports a player than a PvPer.

What I am saying is that there are great players, and then there are cheaters.

It's easy for a poor player to mix them up. Because, realistically, who will categorize themselves as a bad player?
    Somebody wiped the floor with my ass in Cyro, must be a cheater!

It's easy to point fingers, and that is why ZOS is swimming in reports right now.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    One of the issues I have with exploiters is I am never sure if they are cheating or just exploiting bad game mechanics. Like when someone can do 35K damage in 3 seconds in PvP by spamming a single attack. Is the game just that broken that they can do this or have they found an exploit? When one person out damages 5 people while healing everything they kick out is this cheating or has he just found a super build?

Also even when its a known bug it appears that cheaters get a 12 hour suspension after 3 months of ruining other peoples fun, so whats the point?

35k damage in 3 seconds is around 11.5k DPS. Even when we take into account the 50% damage reduction, that would be equivalent to 23k DPS in PvE.

Next, I see people play the game for months and even years and still not know how to properly build their characters.
    They simply make something out of whatever they have easily available, and if they think that works, they stick with it for the next year.
    Honestly, I have gone into WGT today with a guy that actively plays ESO for at least one year, has over 501 CPs. Most of the time he spends in Cyrodiil.
    I don't expect people to know the mechanics or have super DPS, but this guy could barely kill Lightning Aspect after 10 seconds, not evading lightning, but spamming Vigor to counter the DoT, and when he finally kills the Aspect, he is now out of stamina and continues to light attack Kena, although she is in her bubble.

I can imagine that once word got out people are using cheats, that this person was pointing fingers at anyone who killed him in Cyrodiil, while in fact, he is just a poor player.

Yes, this could also be boiled down to one of ZOS' faults for giving the players so much freedom in building their characters, making the disparity from good to bad builds/players gigantic.
    The only thing they could do, is increase the difficulty of the solo world content, so that people would e forced to learn and improve.

Then, and only then, when the players in ESO have somewhat similar knowledge of the game combat system and mechanics, can a person point a finger and say: "This guy is most definitely a cheater".

My guess is that ZOS is in a big of a mess right now with cheat prevention because they are overflowed with player reports of other players that are playing genuinely without cheating.
    Serves them right for nerfing everything to kindergarten difficulty and thinking this would not have long term consequences.

Or maybe it was because a former player dropped the dime on the so called "great" players and exposed how they were doing it by going out into Cyrodiil and showing the world? I'm going to go with that explanation myself...

Also, it's not unusual for a PvPer, even a great one, to suck at PvE. PvP is about burst and durability, PvE is about DPS and stayoing out of stupid. PvPers will often use full impen or sturdy, while PvErs will use divines and/or infused. Some players don't have the time to grind gear sets for both.

As reflected in Cyrodiil zone chat, it's much more likely that a PvEer reports a player than a PvPer.

It's easy for a poor player to mix them up. Because, realistically, who will categorize themselves as a bad player?

It's easy to point fingers, and that is why ZOS is swimming in reports right now.

It's not clear anymore that any of the so-called great players were ever great.

This game is mostly build based. Setting aside cheats, anyone with a decent level of skill who gets on PTS and figures out the new OP combo first gets unrestricted pwnage for a while. For example, the potion that HoTs and gives you major mending, combined with vigor/rally. I think this is what you are calling skill and talking about. Someone figures out a 1vx build, what they are doing doesn't get out for a while and people scream cheater.

But great players? Almost all of the 'great' players have fallen from grace. In addition to the Great Cheat Engine Revealing, and when the bans first came down, challenging opponents on PC either became decidedly easier across the board or 'left to play another game,' including some very popular streamers. Players that I could never kill and had to walk away from suddenly were slightly above average and killable. Some just disappeared from the PvP scene altogether without any goodbye. Some that stayed were suddenly so bad that it was laughable. For a few weeks, until people figured out that ZoS wasn't really perma-banning anybody, the landscape changed and although there were standouts, nobody stood as far out as prior to the Revealing.

On console, opponents are typically two levels worse on average than PC which is incredibly telling.

• Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Wru on suing the cheat makers ZoS?
    Riot Games Sues Over ‘League of Legends’ Cheating Software

“League of Legends” game maker Riot Games Inc. filed a lawsuit in California federal court on Friday alleging a software product allows players to hack the game with automated playing and other cheats in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭

“League of Legends” game maker Riot Games Inc. filed a lawsuit in California federal court on Friday alleging a software product allows players to hack the game with automated playing and other cheats in violation of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.

because its waste of time and money if you speaking about BOT sowtware
    because there will be always more and more developers of it and also like with any other bots - the creators of it can live in countries where they cnnot be sued for this

if you speaking about CheatEngine creators - its a TOOL, and you cant sued them by any reason
    google first
  • Xvorg
    Xvorg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

As Clay said... Zenimax media owns Bethesda.

In the meantime I'll start with my new build in Skyrim: A shield sorc.
    Sarcasm is something too serious to be taken lightly

I was born with the wrong sign
    In the wrong house
    With the wrong ascendancy
    I took the wrong road
    That led to the wrong tendencies
    I was in the wrong place at the wrong time
    For the wrong reason and the wrong rhyme
    On the wrong day of the wrong week
    Used the wrong method with the wrong technique
  • Wreuntzylla
    Wreuntzylla
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »

because its waste of time and money if you speaking about BOT sowtware
    because there will be always more and more developers of it and also like with any other bots - the creators of it can live in countries where they cnnot be sued for this

if you speaking about CheatEngine creators - its a TOOL, and you cant sued them by any reason
    google first

More and more developers? Doubt it. Blizzard is making money off of knocking these companies down using new interpretations of law.

$6,000,000 Judgment Under Digital Millennium Copyright Act for System RAM Manipulation - http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2008/10/blizzard-awarded-6-million-in-damages-from-wow-bot-maker/

Dark Byte creates/hosts RAM manipulation software with respect to its Cheat Engine. How long before Blizzard or some other company looks their way?

As to not being able to reach foreign companies, they can still be effectively shut down every time they pop up. Just like small time developers who in any case won't get many customers due to perceived shadiness.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bryanhaas wrote: »
    Here is the Response I got:
    Some Mod wrote:
    As you may have noticed we have decided to close this thread.

Discussion of cheats and exploits are typically against our community guidelines.

Currently we have an official thread for the discussion of various in game exploits.

Please use this channel to continue your conversations regarding the issue.

So the person told me I can come here and discuss this further, I sent the mod a message but they chose not to respond. I just don't get why it is so difficult to just come out and say yes this is an exploit stop doing it or we could give a rat's arse but please don't go around telling people how to do this, I would willingly comply.

It seems the cheating rules are selectively enforced, unfortunately. We caught people on video, multiple separate times in the same campaign, which means if our guild is catching them multiple times they are doing it regularly.

Did official reports and linked the videos.
    Got the incident reports viewed, and the next week, one of the offenders was Emp in the campaign in question. Ran into several of the others just last night. Still doing the same exploits.

If they won't address people doing specifically warned against exploits, they won't address a questionable game mechanic not working as intended...
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Suh dudes. Do you know how many times I've been accused of cheating and macroing? Countless. Do you know how many times I have died due to a lag spike, and from my end it looked like all damage hit at the same time? Do you know how the @FENGRUSH MACRO SLICE™ is possible? A buggy ass, laggy ass game.

Stahp.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree. To an extent. But when you are running a solid build, and you hit someone showing damage ticks as low as 1 and 2 points when your weapon or spell damage is 3.5k plus, or you burst someone down to 1k health and they instaregen 24k health on a Stam build multiple times in a fight, or they are literally dodging EVERYTHING with only shuffle and still manage to burst down everyone 1vX, or someone critrushes you and as soon as they hit you you die from two surprise attacks and an executioner all within about 1 second (can't animation cancel most of those abilities) there are moments where you literally can only assume exploits. Yeah, there are some players good enough to do that now and again, but now that hacking consoles is easier and security on PCs is worse, people are running macros even on consoles.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    Suh dudes. Do you know how many times I've been accused of cheating and macroing? Countless. Do you know how many times I have died due to a lag spike, and from my end it looked like all damage hit at the same time? Do you know how the @FENGRUSH MACRO SLICE™ is possible? A buggy ass, laggy ass game.

Stahp.

Very true. But when the same player does it dozens of times in one night, coincidence begins to go out of the window.

No one here is talking about the sporadic and random incidents of lag deaths. It's easy to tell when something is a legitimate exploit versus just a faulty gameplay occurrence.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Especially when the CritRush induced death recap is the exact same every single time that player does it.
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    davidj8291 wrote: »
    Especially when the CritRush induced death recap is the exact same every single time that player does it.

Sharpened malestrom maul. CritRush. Spam Dawnbreaker and Executioner during CritRush animation. BOOM.

It's not a macro. It's not CE. It's ZOS. Every Stam build is doing the exact same thing, and many of them have gotten extremely good at it.

Drop the vampire. It isn't helping any of you. It's not worth it.

• davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Xeven wrote: »
    davidj8291 wrote: »

Sharpened malestrom maul. CritRush. Spam Dawnbreaker and Executioner during CritRush animation. BOOM.

It's not a macro. It's not CE. It's ZOS. Every Stam build is doing the exact same thing, and many of them have gotten extremely good at it.

Drop the vampire. It isn't helping any of you. It's not worth it.

Nope. Not what I'm running and no, that's not the same thing. I've seen that. It happens over about three seconds, not under 1. Not literally upon Crit Rush impact.
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Been playing since the PC beta. I know well enough what the difference is. I'm not a child who throws a tantrum when he loses. I lose a lot. But I also know when something isn't within the realm of the game either.
  • Roechacca
    Roechacca
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Im still enjoying a plethora of games where these cheating scrubs here can't put their filthy Cheetos covered fingers. Checking in to read the progress. Looks like the company gave up on really running out the trash. That's too bad. Anyways I'm happy away from here and being happy is what it's all about.
    Edited by Roechacca on August 10, 2016 10:37PM
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

Yup, if that kind of stuff continues to happen, ESO will continue to get a reputation as a cheaters game.
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    and what happened on this video?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    and what happened on this video?

Listen to what is said

• SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

And it begins again
    Edited by SleepyTroll on August 11, 2016 8:32AM
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    someone tell me what is wrong on that video?
  • Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Listen to what is said.

• UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Honestly I'd say the fact he could move with his map open. Even add-ons shouldn't enable that to happen.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on August 11, 2016 7:56AM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    i cant listen
    usual video without exploits

until you will said what happend
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    i cant listen
    usual video without exploits

until you will said what happend

I think what he means is he couldn't hear anything. I listened too, full volume, couldn't make out most of what was said.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
This discussion has been closed.