Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Cheating and Exploits

• Ackwalan
    Ackwalan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »
    i cant listen
    usual video without exploits

until you will said what happend

It has nothing to do with what is on the video visually. There are people talking on teamspeak, and the are laughing at ZOS for lifting their ban. Apparently the main cheater thought it was funny how, whoever he was talking to at ZOS, thought he had a lot in common with the cheater.

Options
  • Alurria
    Alurria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    And so someone is talking about getting unbanned, what exactly is the purpose of this video and recording? Anyone can say anything, I hope whoever recorded this had the persons permission to publish it. This thread has become straight up ridiculous.
    Edited by Alurria on August 11, 2016 10:21AM
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    It's German in the video
    Options
  • Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    DeadDealer wrote: »
    i cant listen
    usual video without exploits

until you will said what happend
    One of the people speaking is saying that he got unbanned, there's a bit of a discussion about how/why, and a comment that someone (assumed to be a ZOS rep) said that he reminded him of himself when he was younger.

Honestly I'd say the fact he could move with his map open. Even add-ons shouldn't enable that to happen.
    That's not a problem at all. You can move with the map open if auto-run is on.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alurria wrote: »
    And so someone is talking about getting unbanned, what exactly is the purpose of this video and recording? Anyone can say anything, I hope whoever recorded this had the persons permission to publish it. This thread has become straight up ridiculous.

"How did you get away with it?" They knew they were cheating. Did you just selectively view the video or what?
    Options
  • phbell
    phbell
    ✭✭✭✭

How is getting banned for cheating, then bragging about getting unbanned, not a problem? And we now learn that ZOS empathizes with the cheater.

I would hope that any gamer with integrity would find this unacceptable.

I am outta here.
    Options
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭
    phbell wrote: »

How is getting banned for cheating, then bragging about getting unbanned, not a problem? And we now learn that ZOS empathizes with the cheater.

I would hope that any gamer with integrity would find this unacceptable.

I am outta here.

Hah and i was laughing my ass off when Gina said that using macro was against the TOS, when there are youtube videos of players using it and are still playing today. Macro isnt as bad as using cheatengine though, that *** is out of control atm.

Lesson learn from ZOS- its ok to use exploits and third party programs, just dont get caught.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Edited by Rohamad_Ali on August 12, 2016 7:07AM
    Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭

looool

gonna test it on PTS
    Options
  • Avenias
    Avenias
    ✭✭✭✭

Can i get a pay to win option too?
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

First I've heard of it! :/ That's not good...
    Options
  • Mustard
    Mustard
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is the new Mundus stone exploit that will take a year to fix!
    Options
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, this bug was tested and documented in the PTS to Z0$ and guess what, lack of integrity has pushed it LIVE where exploiters are taking advantage of it just like the banker scenario.

Why would anyone doubt this company is here to shaft everyone for some profits, with MODS here continually sweeping away anything shines a bad light on them/game.

Taking a step back and reviewing the timeline for the last year, to me, is blatant incompetence by Zo$ to firstly address the issues and secondly fix them. Rather spend time sweeping away forum posts and suspending users that are talking out against the misuse of the game.

I must add also. Since Z0$ has created this one topic of cheating, they are closing down and warning forum users who post anything outside of this topic. Seems it is easier hidden and forgotten about in here, than in a separate forum post for a separate issue. I have personally spoken out and have been warned and suspended from forums before. If you go on peripheral sites like REDDIT, you can see how many have been suspended/banned away from forums here, all for the sake of damage limitation.
    Edited by KingMagaw on August 12, 2016 3:02PM
    Options
  • Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    So the passive exploit is LIVE? D:
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »
    So the passive exploit is LIVE? D:

Apparently. Although, sounds like it is pretty expensive.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »
    I must add also. Since Z0$ has created this one topic of cheating, they are closing down and warning forum users who post anything outside of this topic. Seems it is easier hidden and forgotten about in here, than in a separate forum post for a separate issue. I have personally spoken out and have been warned and suspended from forums before. If you go on peripheral sites like REDDIT, you can see how many have been suspended/banned away from forums here, all for the sake of damage limitation.

Very true ZOS were given a clear chance to do the right thing or to resort to trying to sweep it under the carpet - they have made it pretty clear that sweeping it under the carpet is their choice and so those of us still putting our time and/or money into the game need to take a long hard look at that choice and decide whether to carry on doing that or find something more worthwhile to do with it I suppose.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • moiraleafcull
    moiraleafcull
    ✭✭✭
    Update with bug pushed...Crown sale...
    Coincidence?
    I think not...
    *sarcasm off*
    @moiraleafcull == 551+ Champion
    Daggerfall Covenant: Moira Leafcull - Temp AR 27 | Fara Nightsky - NB AR 6
    Proud to wear the tabards of Daggerfall Pride and LoM

Options
  • DeadDealer
    DeadDealer
    ✭✭✭
    Cazzy wrote: »

First I've heard of it! :/ That's not good...

great someone already posted this exploit on owned
    soon all cheater will use it...
    Options
  • Karius_Imalthar
    Karius_Imalthar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It isn't much but I have at least been continuing to send screenshots via the ESO support web page (the in-game reporting system doesn't allow attaching screenshots) of questionable death recaps with 2+ ultimates from the same person but there seems to be a lot more that happens that can't be captured in a screenshot. Ridiculously fast run speeds, near immortality, extremely fast attacks, etc. Some of these people are from the previously "perma" *cough* banned crowd.

It doesn't take a conspiracy theorist to think that these things are still going on. With the extremely light handed response from ZOS, the accessibility to these tools, and the almost-overtly-obvious cheating that still happens it really causes a loss of confidence in the game and has a damaging effect on the community.

1. If there is hard evidence that a player is cheating using speed hacks or CE then the account should be perma banned. At the very least then the character that was benefiting from the cheating should be wiped.
    e38b2cee0dce880cd0f5bedb1a188df6451be3a8cc97cf6c646fe47d319a89b3.jpg
    2. If there is an exploit then the community needs to be warned and the game needs to be immediately hotfixed. If a player is shown to still be using exploits then ban periods need to be implemented. Some of this responsibility needs to be placed on ZOS. We have in-game system messages, account emails, and loader screen messages. These should be used to get this kind of information out rather than trying to hide and gloss over bugs. Burying one-sentence responses in a forum flood post isn't seen by most players.
    3. Accidental use of some skills is often just that; accidental. These need to be hotfixed. Players can be warned. If enough players report someone for using these as an exploit and it is confirmed (to avoid players just going after someone they don't like) then maybe a soft ban where they can't enter Cyrodiil for a day or so could be implemented. "Look, we told you on the loading screen. We sent out a system message. It's still going to be another day before we can hotfix this and you keep doing this. You can no longer enter Cyrodiil until this is hotfixed."

Anyway, these were just some thoughts. Skills and gear aside, I really want to feel confident that we're all on an even battle field. Thank you.
    Edited by Karius_Imalthar on August 12, 2016 6:55PM
    Options
  • umagon
    umagon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mustard wrote: »

It's pretty shameful that a player can violate the tos multiple times while being asked to correct their actions, refuse to do so they get reprimanded; then that player can call in a favor with a zos employee whom they are apparently acquaintances with and get their ban lifted. It makes me wonder if zos' ceo knows their employees are doing this. So it looks like all one has to do is have an acquaintance embedded within zos staff then they can do whatever they like. This is extremely corrupt.
    Options
  • Dubhliam
    Dubhliam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

It's pretty shameful that a player can violate the tos multiple times while being asked to correct their actions, refuse to do so they get reprimanded; then that player can call in a favor with a zos employee whom they are apparently acquaintances with and get their ban lifted. It makes me wonder if zos' ceo knows their employees are doing this. So it looks like all one has to do is have an acquaintance embedded within zos staff then they can do whatever they like. This is extremely corrupt.

You know what I think?
    I believe he doesn't even have an acquaintance within ZOS.
    Which makes their actions even more unjustifiable.

Almost every political figure is corrupt to a degree, but not every one of them is totally incompetent.
    >>>Detailed Justice System Concept thread<<<
    Options
  • KenaPKK
    KenaPKK
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I made the following comment in the post What Can You Cheat? earlier today:
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    They used to be able to fly and spam meteors like light attacks.

I've been told CE can no longer be used. I do not know specifics, though.

I was then contacted in game by an old friend who wants to see CE fully eradicated from the game. He said that there is a workaround for using CE that bypasses ZOS's ban systems (there are systems now, right?). My friend said that CE can still be used to edit max stats and gave me general instructions for the workaround. He said he's tested it by giving himself 999,999 max stamina and 2 shotting IC district bosses with Caltrops ticks. Apparently 1 million max stam crashed the game. :lol: He gave me the following screenshots, which he made while we were talking on ts, to share.

No food buff, CE disabled:
    u2Tsmoq.jpg

Food buff applied, CE disabled, Ransack tooltip shown:
    jpQMipU.jpg

CE enabled, over 90k stamina, Ransack tooltip shown. Notice that the max magicka didn't change between the last screenshot and this one. ONLY the stamina stat changed. I don't know how else to explain this...
    pJOGNuC.jpg

:(

I have no proof or evidence that these were made today, but I trust my friend and want to get ZOS looking into this. I am under the impression that ZOS has systems in place to detect CE, and I hope I'm not wrong. If there's a workaround, it must be dealt with. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno Can someone at ZOS pm me about this? I have detailed instructions in screenshots for how to do the workaround but do not want to post them here.
    Kena
    Legion XIII
    Excellence without elitism
    Premier small scale PvP

Legend
    NA/PC original dueling and general PvP community guild
    Now the hub of competitive dueling and the joined PvP communities of NA and EU/PC

Apex Predator.

Here's a great thread collecting community ideas for PvP updates.

[MEGATHREAD] Feedback Threads for Class Reps

Class Representative Feedback Discords:
    Nightblade Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/t2Xhnu6

Dragonknight Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/UHtZhz8

Sorcerer Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/e3QkCS8

Templar Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/WvVuSw7

Warden Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/sTFY4ys

General Healing Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/6CmzBFb

TONKS!
    https://discord.gg/DRNYd39

Werewolf Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/aDEx2ev

Vampire Discussion:
    https://discord.gg/yfzck8Q
    Options
  • Tavore1138
    Tavore1138
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    I have no proof or evidence that these were made today, but I trust my friend and want to get ZOS looking into this. I am under the impression that ZOS has systems in place to detect CE, and I hope I'm not wrong. If there's a workaround, it must be dealt with. @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_BrianWheeler @ZOS_GinaBruno Can someone at ZOS pm me about this? I have detailed instructions in screenshots for how to do the workaround but do not want to post them here.

If they are faked they are good fakes because the include the 'Role' bit on the skill tooltip and I think that dropped either this DLC or the last one.
    GM - Malazan
    Raid Leader - Hungry Wolves
    Legio Mortuum
    Options
  • Lokey0024
    Lokey0024
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    umagon wrote: »

This is really *** up. Not only that zos let this guy back in, but the crew he ran with acted like NBD just another day. I would have ripped him and kicked him. I seriously question the integrity of his crew and of Zos devs.
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a stupid question.
    If a known bugged item is in the game that can be considered an exploit that is detected by the anti-cheat code,
    why is said bugged item not hot patched out of the game immediately?

Why leave it for otherwise honest players to "test" or whatever and be flagged and banned?

ZOS you have some culpability here.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If a known bugged item is in the game that can be considered an exploit that is detected by the anti-cheat code,

Part of the answer was given on ESO Live. Between QA and the various producer types, they assign a priority. Bugs like these are probably deemed OK to wait, as long as people do not go overboard with them. People get a ban or suspension for exploits because they heavily use the exploit. More than the average player. This makes them stand out and helps to remove doubt about whether they are doing it with knowledge.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the "racial passive" exploit, if such a thing actually exists. This one has some 'interesting' issues associated with it. At least it should be easy to see who is abusing it.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • TequilaFire
    TequilaFire
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Part of the answer was given on ESO Live. Between QA and the various producer types, they assign a priority. Bugs like these are probably deemed OK to wait, as long as people do not go overboard with them. People get a ban or suspension for exploits because they heavily use the exploit. More than the average player. This makes them stand out and helps to remove doubt about whether they are doing it with knowledge.

It will be interesting to see how they handle the "racial passive" exploit, if such a thing actually exists. This one has some 'interesting' issues associated with it. At least it should be easy to see who is abusing it.

I was going to mention priorities but thought I would give ZOS DEVs a break.
    We all know what drives corporate priorities.
    Options
  • davidj8291
    davidj8291
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    People running health bots and macros on consoles too.

ZOS doesn't care about enforcing the rules. The whole post was just a face saving PR move.

Just got a DK to zero health and he isntahealed to full health three separate times, which is physically impossible. Then he critrushes me and I explode for 6 different moves on impact.
    Options
  • Manpoints
    Manpoints
    ✭✭✭✭
    A few more bans going out, to which those players are just starting new account. Its a step in the right direction, but as Kena displayed earlier, cheating in ESO still exists, is reasonably simple to do and with every one found, it seems more and more go undetected.

@ZOS, dont let up, keep pushing, get those perm bans out to the people that deserve it, and for the sake of teh communities sanity, COMMUNICATE advancements (after they've been made so people dont just switch off coming up to a patch) :P
    GM of Potato Syndicate, (Gone' Casual) ---- I'MZ A GOD!
    GM of Mi Amor Libre Spanish ERP ---- Shadilay
    Manpoints - Templar // Womanpoints - DK // Abopoints - NB // Manepoints - NB // Sexypoints - Sorc // Hermann Purring - DK // Browniepoints - Templar // Tigger SMB - Templar // Affirmative Actionpoints - DK // Sha Bipoints - Sorc // Hughe Mungus - DK // Rachel Dolezol - Warden??
    Options
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed a few posts that were not relevant to this topic. We understand this is an issue that elicits strong reactions, but baiting other members of the community into an argument is not acceptable. Say it with me, folks: remember to keep it civil!
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Options
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.