Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Remorseless
    Remorseless
    ✭✭✭
    This has turned in to a masterpiece for all potatokind
    Vice

Love Palace
  • niklavek
    niklavek
    lol

The irony of having a sense of elitism in a virtual world is by far the funniest aspect of this game
    Edited by niklavek on November 12, 2016 9:52PM
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    DC is cancer.
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sumopwr wrote: »
    Joshlenoir wrote: »

As much as we all love a well seasoned potato, I'm not sure we need to be as strict as to limit our entire diet to ONLY potatoes, although with enough help from everyone here, we could get enough recipes to eat potatoes for many years to come!

Here's a fresh idea;

Hash browns!

Use a cheese shredder to strip your potato into fine slices, making sure remove the excess water before cooking in a skillet with a little butter or non-stick cooking spray, season to taste, and here a little ketchup does go a long way. Enjoy by itself or as a side to many delicious breakfast choices.

This us being made tomorrow morning with a 2egg and cheese omlette, plus bacon.

@sumopwr thanks for breakfast!

Who cares about pvp balance when we can share potato recipes. We need to start sharing pictures of our creations though.

Potatobros2016.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    yodased wrote: »

As much as we all love a well seasoned potato, I'm not sure we need to be as strict as to limit our entire diet to ONLY potatoes, although with enough help from everyone here, we could get enough recipes to eat potatoes for many years to come!

Here's a fresh idea;

Hash browns!

Use a cheese shredder to strip your potato into fine slices, making sure remove the excess water before cooking in a skillet with a little butter or non-stick cooking spray, season to taste, and here a little ketchup does go a long way. Enjoy by itself or as a side to many delicious breakfast choices.

Who cares about pvp balance when we can share potato recipes. We need to start sharing pictures of our creations though.

Potatobros2016.

Do you want another Spiderman incident? Because this is how you get another Spiderman incident.
    Marek
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Then i shall join my panda brother in exile
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Weekend report in from AD-land.

Early in the weekend, it seemed DC decided to zerg Azura's again with a vengence. Once again the map was flooded with blue, and we even had a few dirtbags camping right up to the gate proper.

Thankfully, only a few hours after the massive loss Azura's guilds stepped up. IOTE, RoB, and TM not only pushed back the DC players to their gates (with minimal EP help. Everyone in my voicechat was feeling bad for y'all), but managed to also crown our own Emp again!

I'm still not sure who it was that tried to farm the second DC scroll north of their gates. (It didn't work, but it was a funny attempt) Though I do know that Emperor Brandon (Not really an emperor) of IOTE managed to pull a much-decried second steal and scrollcamp inside a the chapel. After DC gave up on it, they then promptly captured the scroll properly.

Highlights of the night are as follows:

1. AD tries to take BRK before the other Emp keeps... while EP is taking it. Queue a hilarious, and probably quite profitable for DC, three-way on the walls of BRK. It was quite a mess, and everyone on our side was having a blast. Kudos on EP for not giving that one up even though you never took the keep! (But seriously. Why do the two factions attacking the same keep get into massive wall-fights like that? Both sides stand a far better chance for actually taking the keep if they don't attack each-other until the defenders are wiped...)
    2. RoB's epic Warden scroll run. I cannot count how many DC my baby NB managed to brutalize as they trickled in one after anther!
    3. DC's "epic" defense of Nikel Outpost. Seriously, you guys can keep it. We'll just be up here at Fort Ash steadily taking all your bases....
    4. Getting both DC gate shards on baby NB! Yay skillpoints!
    5. An AD poplock for the first time in two-three weeks. It was warming to see so many fellow yellows on!

Keep fighting AS! This is why Azura's is the best campaign! (Now if only AD could overtake DC in score...)
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Warden
    Warden
    Soul Shriven
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM was running a small group late last night, just 6-8 of us for a large portion of that time, with about half the group not on our mains. We had a lot of fun skirmishing with both blue and red in the northern part of the map. I know some people were upset we weren't more focused on dethroning DC, but in the 24 hours prior EP swept the map and emp only to be followed by DC doing the same thing. And we fully realize it's likely to happen again, so were mainly goofing around and having fun. I recorded it as well, might make a video of it at some point if I can find some time.

Honestly it's hard to play the map when you know one group or other from either alliance is likely to sweep through the next day and take it back. Why not forget about that, take some risks, and just have some fun?
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Miralys, AD Magsorc, AR 35
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Lyranais, EP Magsorc, AR 33
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • HeroOfNone
    HeroOfNone
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Here's a fresh idea;

Hash browns!

Potatobros2016.

Cut into 1/2 inch pieces, roast with thyme, rosemary, & a bit of garlic.
    Herfi Driderkitty of the Aldmeri Dominion
    Find me on : Twitch | Youtube | Twitter | Reddit
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    I know some people were upset we weren't more focused on dethroning DC, but in the 24 hours prior EP swept the map and emp only to be followed by DC doing the same thing.

I wasn't there last night, but some people want to push to dethrone because they feel certain emps certainly do not deserve the title and they want to knock a particular jerk down a notch or two.

Oddly enough, I've found AD doesn't see to mind EP holding Emp nearly as much as DC holding emp. I wonder why...?
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Micah123
    Micah123
    ✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

Thankfully, only a few hours after the massive loss Azura's guilds stepped up. IOTE, RoB, and TM not only pushed back the DC players to their gates (with minimal EP help. Everyone in my voicechat was feeling bad for y'all), but managed to also crown our own Emp again!

Wait...You must be mistaken. I'm pretty sure I've heard that TM doesn't help do anything in Azura's, We just farm up north with no regard for the map. Don't believe me? Ask Kryptonite_Kent.
    Edited by Micah123 on November 15, 2016 4:53PM
    Tertiary Meat
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Oddly enough, I've found AD doesn't see to mind EP holding Emp nearly as much as DC holding emp. I wonder why...?
    Depends on the emp ;)

• PC/NA
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭
    Micah123 wrote: »

Wait...You must be mistaken. I'm pretty sure I've heard that TM doesn't help do anything in Azura's, We just farm up north with no regard for the map. Don't believe me? Ask Kryptonite_Kent.

kek...
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    i mean the irish may be on to something

But the potato is from the Americas. Thank the ancient aborigines that saw the potential and selectively bred such a delicious vegetable. Also the sweet potato, but it's unrelated.

Solitary potato or communal sweet potato chipotle au gratin, it seems the factions agree on something.

False. The potato was discovered in Peru by the Spanish conquistadors who then brought it to Europe in the mid 1500's.
  • ChrisXO
    ChrisXO
    ✭✭✭
    God_flakes wrote: »
    False. The potato was discovered in Peru by the Spanish conquistadors who then brought it to Europe in the mid 1500's.

But it was first domesticated in Peru by indigenous peoples 7-10,000 years ago. The conquistadors didn't selectively breed from a wild plant in the hopes of getting something delicious; that work had already been done, literally thousands of years before.
    - ad scrub -
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ChrisXO wrote: »

But it was first domesticated in Peru by indigenous peoples 7-10,000 years ago. The conquistadors didn't selectively breed from a wild plant in the hopes of getting something delicious; that work had already been done, literally thousands of years before.

I agree. We just provided two different historical facts about potatoes.
    Edited by God_flakes on November 17, 2016 2:28PM
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

But the potato is from the Americas. Thank the ancient aborigines that saw the potential and selectively bred such a delicious vegetable. Also the sweet potato, but it's unrelated.

Solitary potato or communal sweet potato chipotle au gratin, it seems the factions agree on something.

The product of thousands of years of agriculture and selective breeding was "discovered" by Europeans? That's like saying Starbucks discovered coffee.

• WhiteMage
    WhiteMage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wouldn't it be interesting if this thread got closed because it became more about our friend, the solanum tuberosum, than about ESO?
    The generally amicable yet sporadically salty magplar that may or may not have 1vXed you in Sotha Sil. Who knows?
  • God_flakes
    God_flakes
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The product of thousands of years of agriculture and selective breeding was "discovered" by Europeans? That's like saying Starbucks discovered coffee.

Relax. It seemed to me as if you were saying it originated in America as in the US and I was merely clarifying where precisely it was first discovered growing wild. If I read it wrong I apologize.
  • Rylana
    Rylana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol
    @rylanadionysis == Closed Beta Tester October 2013 == Retired October 2016 == Uninstalled @ One Tamriel Release == Inactive Indefinitely
    Ebonheart Pact: Lyzara Dionysis - Sorc - AR 37 (Former Empress of Blackwater Blade and Haderus) == Shondra Dionysis - Temp - AR 23 == Arrianaya Dionysis - DK - AR 17
    Aldmeri Dominion: Rylana Dionysis - DK - AR 25 == Kailiana - NB - AR 21 == Minerva Dionysis - Temp - AR 21 == Victoria Dionysis - Sorc - AR 13
    Daggerfall Covenant: Dannika Dionysis - DK - AR 21 == The Catman Rises - Temp - AR 15 (Former Emperor of Blackwater Blade)
    Forum LOL Champion (retired) == Black Belt in Ballista-Fu == The Last Vice Member == Praise Cheesus == Electro-Goblin
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Good fights today with pretty good numbers on each faction. TM ran 5-10 all afternoon/evening. After about 10 hours though I had to call it a day. Whole lot of fun though, good fights EP, DC.

Also we had an epic almost hour long, almost 100k AP farm at Alessia Mine, won't forget that soon and wish I was recording ;)

IWgW2ca.jpg
    • PC/NA
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Warden wrote: »

Soul assault.
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Good fights today with pretty good numbers on each faction. TM ran 5-10 all afternoon/evening. After about 10 hours though I had to call it a day. Whole lot of fun though, good fights EP, DC.

Also we had an epic almost hour long, almost 100k AP farm at Alessia Mine, won't forget that soon and wish I was recording ;)

IWgW2ca.jpg

TM should switch their initials to TH for tertiary healers.
    I'll also be sure to provide a more humorous acronym description when I can find one that describes small groups who farm the opposite faction by taking resources and keeps on the other side of the map *mildly chuckles in butthurt*
  • Joshlenoir
    Joshlenoir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Depends on the emp ;)

Because I like staying up for 5 days straight to fight Japanese zerglings
    Edited by Joshlenoir on November 21, 2016 2:47PM
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    TM should switch their initials to TH for tertiary healers.
    We like to call it "having good group synergy" ;)
    I'll also be sure to provide a more humorous acronym description when I can find one that describes small groups who farm the opposite faction by taking resources and keeps on the other side of the map *mildly chuckles in butthurt*
    Yeah... Actually though, yesterday we only made two forays northward beyond front lines to attempt any farming. We had one attempt at Bleakers where we got rekt because we couldn't stay together, and the other was a pretty sweet farm at Arrius Mine and Arrius Keep third floor.
    • PC/NA
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You know what is interesting about potatoes though?

They taste different depending on how you cook them. Just plain ol spuds, baked mashed or fried take on a completely different texture and flavor profile.

Maybe its because they have so much natural sugars in them? Not sure. Probably depends on the amount and quantity of oil.

I like using lard though, because if you are gonna fry something, it should be in fat.

• Sumopwr
    Sumopwr
    ✭✭✭
    Thanksgiving is a great holiday to try out so many different potato recipes all on the same table. Personally I love the mashed and gravy with my Turkey, but the sweet potatoes can be like a desert in and of themselves... Happy Turkey week!!!
    Edited by Sumopwr on November 21, 2016 8:47PM
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am thankful for the friends I have gained through PvP and the sharing of recipes to cook the majestic potato. @SumoPwr and @remorseless kill me 100x for every time I kill them ,but they are really nice and helped my potato game immensely.

Well wishes to all!
  • Kryptonite_Kent
    Kryptonite_Kent
    ✭✭✭✭

IWgW2ca.jpg

LMAO... I was there on my NB ganking the EP in the back who were staring at the tower, good times
    Former Emperor
    Animus Impetum -DC- Magplar
    Animus Impetus -AD- Magplar
    Impetus Animus -EP- Magplar
    Kryptonite Kent -AD- Stamblade
    Kenobi Wan -AD- Magsorc
This discussion has been closed.