The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Sixth
    Sixth
    ✭✭✭
    Managed to hold onto 5 scrolls throughout the rush hours, AD get 1 tho gg
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Rank 17 Eightt: CP160 StamBlade
    Rank 15 Sixthh: CP 160 StamSorc
    f**k magicka characters

maybe I'm zerging... maybe I'm running solo.... play how you wanna, pst for the 1v1
  • Scamh
    Scamh
    ✭✭✭
    When were those scrolls taken? During "rush hour" too?

The Upside Down (Stamplar) - Osaka Sewers X (Stamblade) - A Scanner Darkly (Magblade) - Taylor Swiftborn (Stam sorc)
  • The_1st_Elder
    The_1st_Elder
    ✭✭
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    Sixth wrote: »
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Fun night, managed to hold off some zergs

Wait, what? DC was the faction poplocked when the other factions had 3 bars. DC was at 3 bars when the others had dropped to 2.

DC was one keep away from Emping, but obviously it was DC holding back the zergs.

It was a fun fight, but DC was not the faction that was holding off zergs.

No sense made whatsoever.

Idk man, we had factions on split up. We had half of DC bullying EP and the other half of DC bullying AD. But everytime we went to Siege, it whole pops coming after us lmao

Ignore their posts. They're baiting.
    They want to pretend that DC zergs the entire map down when we're poplocked and they're both innocent. It is okay. Poplock = 4 bars in most people's math so in that case, EP & AD 3 bars pushing on DC means 4 bar vs 6 bars = DC is winning with less numbers?

More like 2 bars EP and AD at Alessia bridge/sej. 4 bars DC vs 1 bar AD and EP.
    If my math is correct it should be more like 4 bar DC vs 2 bars. (1 bar EP and 1 bar AD)
    Main EP - Caius Targaryen - Stam DK
    EP - Viselyx Targaryen - Mag NB
    DC - Tyron Targaryen - Stam Templar
    AD - Vaeron Targaryen - Stam Sorc
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Taylor_MB wrote: »
    Fun night, managed to hold off some zergs

Wait, what? DC was the faction poplocked when the other factions had 3 bars. DC was at 3 bars when the others had dropped to 2.

DC was one keep away from Emping, but obviously it was DC holding back the zergs.

It was a fun fight, but DC was not the faction that was holding off zergs.

No sense made whatsoever.

Idk man, we had factions on split up. We had half of DC bullying EP and the other half of DC bullying AD. But everytime we went to Siege, it whole pops coming after us lmao

Ignore their posts. They're baiting.
    They want to pretend that DC zergs the entire map down when we're poplocked and they're both innocent. It is okay. Poplock = 4 bars in most people's math so in that case, EP & AD 3 bars pushing on DC means 4 bar vs 6 bars = DC is winning with less numbers?

More like 2 bars EP and AD at Alessia bridge/sej. 4 bars DC vs 1 bar AD and EP.
    If my math is correct it should be more like 4 bar DC vs 2 bars. (1 bar EP and 1 bar AD)

Even if your math is correct, that just means that our faction is strategic about our player placement and so people bashing them for that is shameful.
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Potato, po-tah-to.
    Strategic player placement, zerging.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kartalin wrote: »
    Potato, PO-TAY-TOE.

FIFY
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Taylor_MB
    Taylor_MB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Potato, PO-TAY-TOE.

FIFY

Don't bring my toes into this! Or my Po's!

*hmpf*

On a related note, Vurian /whispered me saying I fail (well, he said my destro ult failed) cause I lost a 10v1, it really hurt my feelings, guess I should have had more strategic placement of AD with me.
    PvP Defensive Set Comparison
    Firestarter MagDK 1vX
    - build and gamplay!
    LagPlar Ranged Lag Proof(ish) Magplar
    - build and gamplay!
    ShadowGaurd MagBlade Group Utility Tank
    - build and gamplay!
    Oncoming Storm No-CP 11.6k Ward MagSorc - build and gamplay!
    My YouTube Chanel

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    L2 destro ult better and Git Gud, Tay Toes. <3

Should totes equip VD tho... Let the salt fly
    Edited by ellahellabella on February 20, 2017 6:09AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Fun night of PvP! Aldmeri Dominion closed in on an Emperorship but to solidify their failure, Legion of Death Gaming captured Alessia. Shortly after, EP took BRK and attacked Sejanus. We ended up back-dooring them and then field war'd outside of Sejanus for about 2 hours farming EP. Extremely fun fights all around. Look forward to many more nights like it!
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fun night of PvP! Aldmeri Dominion closed in on an Emperorship but to solidify their failure, Legion of Death Gaming captured Alessia. Shortly after, EP took BRK and attacked Sejanus. We ended up back-dooring them and then field war'd outside of Sejanus for about 2 hours farming EP. Extremely fun fights all around. Look forward to many more nights like it!

It was funny watching you wipe at Bloodymane inner before that, Much laughs were had ;) (why were you even there? You need Fare to open the gate. Just trying to farm a dtick?) . Also the fact that AD came damn close to getting emp before the DC flood turned around and pushed us out of Bleakers.

Also I think you forgot to mention that while you were back-dooring multiple keeps the Fengrush Smallmans were in an intense siege against the crew at Ash. I feel bad for those poor small-man groups. They were so heavily outnumbered by the AD zerg defending and had so much competition from the other DC small-mans that happened to be farming in the same general area. It's not their fault they couldn't take Ash against the overwhelming AD zerg that was defending. If only those other DC smallman groups could have coordinated with them! \s

Also WTF took you so long to take Brindle? I actually redirected from going to go duo Vlast because it looked like it was just one or two guys. Mind, I laughed hard when I saw the group that took it on the flag!

Also thanks for the re-capture AP at Roe and Alyess. I'll never turn down 20k free AP while the rest of my faction gets their Dtick.
    Edited by Jamini on February 20, 2017 4:52PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jamini wrote: »

It was funny watching you wipe at Bloodymane inner before that, ;) Much laughs were had. Also the fact that AD came damn close to getting emp before the DC flood turned around and pushed us out of Bleakers.

Also I think you forgot to mention that while you were back-dooring multiple keeps the Fengrush Smallmans were in an intense siege against the crew at Ash. I feel bad for those poor small-man groups. They were so heavily outnumbered by the AD zerg defending and had so much competition from the other DC small-mans that happened to be farming in the same general area. It's not their fault they couldn't take Ash against the overwhelming AD zerg that was defending. If only those other DC smallman groups could have coordinated with them! \s

Also WTF took you so long to take Brindle? I actually redirected from going to go duo Vlast because it looked like it was just one or two guys. Mind, I laughed hard when I saw the group that took it on the flag!

Also thanks for the re-capture AP at Roe and Alyess. I'll never turn down 20k free AP while the rest of my faction gets their Dtick.

i could smell the sea with the salt in this post. ..
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hrm? Naw. I had a blast last night. It's just fun to poke fun at DC.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

It was funny watching you wipe at Bloodymane inner before that, Much laughs were had ;) (why were you even there? You need Fare to open the gate. Just trying to farm a dtick?) . Also the fact that AD came damn close to getting emp before the DC flood turned around and pushed us out of Bleakers.

Siege practice. We had a bunch of new PvPers in the group and so we decided to go to the farthest target that was worth taking and decided to practice getting as many siege up and getting in as quick as possible.

3 of us ended up with our Siege Cross-hairs missing, which made us lose 6 siege. By the point in which we had the Inner down, defenders had arrived and so we were fighting NPC's & Players, which in Azura's Star as anyone and everyone knows, is difficult, hence why AP Farmers like to farm on resources / Outposts.

Also I think you forgot to mention that while you were back-dooring multiple keeps the Fengrush Smallmans were in an intense siege against the crew at Ash. I feel bad for those poor small-man groups. They were so heavily outnumbered by the AD zerg defending and had so much competition from the other DC small-mans that happened to be farming in the same general area. It's not their fault they couldn't take Ash against the overwhelming AD zerg that was defending. If only those other DC smallman groups could have coordinated with them!

I don't know what the relevancy of that part of your post has to do with my own small group taking out bigger groups than us at Alessia & Sejanus.

I wasn't at Brindle or Roebeck at all last night. To my understanding from zone chat last night though, Brindle was a solo siege until inner was down, to which the group that was at Nikel ran over and captured it.

As far as Alessia goes, your entire faction was stacked for that keep take. It was around 60 AD vs 30 DC, although, we were in your home territory, so that is expected.

Next time that you post and it is directed to me and quoting me, make sure to talk specifically about what I was doing, not what the faction was, and attempt to blame me for their inabilities. Otherwise, I will have to remind you that you failed an Emperorship attempt that was 1 keep away solely because you made the mistake of taking Aleswell before Chalman, while all of DC was already stacked at Arrius. Whooops!
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Siege practice. We had a bunch of new PvPers in the group and so we decided to go to the farthest target that was worth taking and decided to practice getting as many siege up and getting in as quick as possible.

Odd choice for it. I can't imagine a lot of folks liked the ride. I'm sad I didn't get into Cyro earlier. Only just had gotten in and barely got the dtick for it.

I don't know what the relevancy of that part of your post has to do with my own small group taking out bigger groups than us at Alessia & Sejanus.

No idea on Sej, I wasn't there. Alessia wasn't defended though. Most of AD was stacked at Ash at the time. Good job on the take anyway. Personally I was just enjoying a good zergsurf at Ash until we lost Roe.
    I wasn't at Brindle or Roebeck at all last night. To my understanding from zone chat last night though, Brindle was a solo siege until inner was down, to which the group that was at Nikel ran over and captured it.

That explains it.
    As far as Alessia goes, your entire faction was stacked for that keep take. It was around 60 AD vs 30 DC, although, we were in your home territory, so that is expected.

You got a screen from Miats on it? I'd love to see the real numbers.
    Next time that you post and it is directed to me and quoting me, make sure to talk specifically about what I was doing, not what the faction was, and attempt to blame me for their inabilities. Otherwise, I will have to remind you that you failed an Emperorship attempt that was 1 keep away solely because you made the mistake of taking Aleswell before Chalman, while all of DC was already stacked at Arrius. Whooops!

Pft, I don't care much about you one way or another. Or the campaign score for that manner. My guild left ages ago and I was just there for good fights. The fight from Chal to Bleakers and past was fun however. I see why DC and EP fight there all the time. The terrain is awesome.
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

The fight from Chal to Bleakers and past was fun however. I see why DC and EP fight there all the time. The terrain is awesome.

I love the terrain between all the factions, it makes for amazing field fights.
  • Oxalias
    Oxalias
    ✭✭✭
    Fun day of pvp, just here to sass anyone that calls me out on my cocky attitude.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nice try, but we all know that you're really here to mooch off of our 'Comment complimentary potato popcorn!'

(Try Saying that three times fast)
    Edited by ellahellabella on February 21, 2017 8:18AM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Great job to the Daggerfall Covenant! When Legion of Death Gaming returned to Azura's Star about a week ago, the Ebonheart Pact had a 1,300 lead on us! We managed to gain on them and nearly had a 2,000 lead off for the final day of the campaign. Awesome job all! This was a very exciting campaign cycle and it was really neat to see at the end having the Aldmeri Dominion trying to be the deciding factor on who won the cycle or not. I look forward to more fun like this moving on! :)
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of my guys had the foresight to get a group going on AZ last night so we're not just like "wha happen?!" when the CPocalypse comes to TF -- it was fun! I work late, but hopefully our people enjoyed it enough to return in bursts through the week.

I liked everything except for the countersiege, which gave me bad flashes of early 1.6, and I'll note how woefully underprepared the people on countersiege were to actually fight human-style when people came after them -- I think having something that powerful stunts your growth, as a soldier, and maybe that's true of CP also. Anyway, I think we had our most fun scroll run in a while retrieving Altadoon, and someone hate whispered the notion that 13 people was a zerg, so we'll return.
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Anyway, I think we had our most fun scroll run in a while retrieving Altadoon, and someone hate whispered the notion that 13 people was a zerg, so we'll return.

Welcome to Azura's Star, where everything higher than 4 people is considered a zerg.

Ignore the whispers, they'll come in bursts and they happen all the time. Azura's Star is more Azura's Salt more than anything. I wish I had been online when Fantasia came in, I had left early last night. Shame I missed out on the fun!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    for a non CP pvp server, do most people build for regen and cost reduction? Trying to get prepped for next week's double ap no cp event and was thinking about bringing Requiem into AS for a few days. Any tips to no CP new timer? I play a stam dk - are the gear sets id use largely the same as a CP campaign? also, what are recommendations for jewelry enchants?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »
    for a non CP pvp server, do most people build for regen and cost reduction? Trying to get prepped for next week's double ap no cp event and was thinking about bringing Requiem into AS for a few days. Any tips to no CP new timer? I play a stam dk - are the gear sets id use largely the same as a CP campaign? also, what are recommendations for jewelry enchants?

I mainly heal and go with 2 regen enchants plus a heavy attack now and then. It's really not so much different, just feels more balanced to me. Enjoy!
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Humphie wrote: »

I mainly heal and go with 2 regen enchants plus a heavy attack now and then. It's really not so much different, just feels more balanced to me. Enjoy!

thanks! for dps however, do you think one dmg, one regen and one cost reduction as well as regen mundus would suffice to feel comfortable without cp?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

thanks! for dps however, do you think one dmg, one regen and one cost reduction as well as regen mundus would suffice to feel comfortable without cp?

Yes. On my NB I get 3.4 k damage and 1.8 regen using max health/max stam regen food. I don't use cost reduction though. I use 2 damage and 1 regen. I think...might be the other way around. I can't check atm. Just get used to heavy attacks now and then. And remember the true bosses are guards and cold fire. They hurt a lot more on Azuras.
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Yes. On my NB I get 3.4 k damage and 1.8 regen using max health/max stam regen food. I don't use cost reduction though. I use 2 damage and 1 regen. I think...might be the other way around. I can't check atm. Just get used to heavy attacks now and then. And remember the true bosses are guards and cold fire. They hurt a lot more on Azuras.

ok! thank you so much!
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I tend to build with a damage set + sustain set + monster set in mind. Depends on the class though. For my templar I typically use Kags and Lich plus either Grothdarr or Malubeth (depending on how tanky I need to be / group size) and use full spell damage enchants but use the 5k health/450 mag recovery drink (or witches brew). On my magsorc I'm using seducer, spinners, and infernal guardian. For a stam build, 5 spriggan, 4 marksman, and 1 Kena/1 Velidreth for instance with full weapon damage enchants is not bad, or include viper, selene or velidreth if you want to be that guy. Trollstamblade? 5 eternal hunt, 5 marksman, 1 kena/velidreth, and you can even use weapon damage enchants + health/stam food and have over 2k recovery (depending on race). There's a lot of build options that can work here despite what some say. Having a good group to run with certainly helps too ;)
    • PC/NA
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok! thank you so much!

No problem. We always looking for players to come try it out. It is really fun. I used to hate non CP PvP. I can't do TF anymore or Haderus...everything feels so massively over powered. You can't kill people cause healing and blocking. You can't play like that on Az cause your ressources...To me it feels like this at least.

You on NA or EU?
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

ok! thank you so much!

No problem. We always looking for players to come try it out. It is really fun. I used to hate non CP PvP. I can't do TF anymore or Haderus...everything feels so massively over powered. You can't kill people cause healing and blocking. You can't play like that on Az cause your ressources...To me it feels like this at least.

You on NA or EU?

NA PC DC

Its something thats always been on the table but despite the hullabaloo going on in the no cp event threads, most of my guild expressed that they felt like they spent the time to earn their CP and they want to use them in pvp, so we stayed away from the server despite some really respected guilds being over there.

With that being said, i think at least one night this week we'll make the effort to see what the server is like. thanks for he help - good to see welcoming advice and encouragement to join.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I tend to build with a damage set + sustain set + monster set in mind. Depends on the class though. For my templar I typically use Kags and Lich plus either Grothdarr or Malubeth (depending on how tanky I need to be / group size) and use full spell damage enchants but use the 5k health/450 mag recovery drink (or witches brew). On my magsorc I'm using seducer, spinners, and infernal guardian. For a stam build, 5 spriggan, 4 marksman, and 1 Kena/1 Velidreth for instance with full weapon damage enchants is not bad, or include viper, selene or velidreth if you want to be that guy. Trollstamblade? 5 eternal hunt, 5 marksman, 1 kena/velidreth, and you can even use weapon damage enchants + health/stam food and have over 2k recovery (depending on race). There's a lot of build options that can work here despite what some say. Having a good group to run with certainly helps too ;)

thanks for the feedback. so just to get an idea/reference, for myself (i play stam dk 2h+1h/s) i run 3 agil, 5 hundings, 1 velidreth, 1 kena - could i keep this set and go regen mundus and like, regen jewels?
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    PvE:

• Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

thanks for the feedback. so just to get an idea/reference, for myself (i play stam dk 2h+1h/s) i run 3 agil, 5 hundings, 1 velidreth, 1 kena - could i keep this set and go regen mundus and like, regen jewels?
    Regen mundus yes, and probably at least 1 regen enchant, but you may look at where your stats are before going further. I tend to play at around 1700-1900 regen on my templar, sorc, and nightblade, but on my stam dk I know I can go lower because of battle roar and constitution. Depends on how much heavy armor you're using and whether you have any ultigen going (heroic slash helps).

If I'm on my stam dk I'm playing as a tank/distraction/cc knight. Using 5 fasalla's, 5 dragonguard, and 2 blood spawn, I tend to run about 1k stam regen and about 1200 mag regen for igneous shield and talons with tri-food. I think you have a bit more flexibility with DK because of their natural sustain benefits.
    • PC/NA
This discussion has been closed.