Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Azura's Star NA PC Thread

• Malibulove
    Malibulove
    ✭✭✭
    I love how most of us have put up with months of DC zerging strategic play.

But now 2 days into the campaign because all the point totals are within a few score sessions of each other; DC are predicting the end times (and spamming EP zone with ludicrous amounts of salt).

Like shitposting aside, this cycle has been one of the more balanced AS has seen in a long while. Since it used to be very seldom that the map opened up completely from having 3-bar across the board.

Chill Bro of Chill Bros

Hooked-on-a-Feeling - Stamsorc (EP)
    Freddíe Mercury - Lead singer of Queen (EP)
    A Blizzard Wizard Lizard - P2Warden (DC)
    Prequels Anakin - Mageblade (AD)
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Talcyndl wrote: »
    Hate to give DC suggestions... :)

But, the proc sets are very powerful on Azuras.

My hope is, if ZOS removes CP from all the campaigns, they will be forced to address proc sets more than simply removing crits.

i refuse to use them.

if that gimps me, oh well. I have the duelist title. never used a proc set once.

But i understand the lure and to be fair, the proc sets have really cool effects. I dont want them out of ht game, I just personally dont like to be able to say: "yeah i won because magical random chance happened"
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Surprisingly it was 2 bars dc vs 2 bars ep for a change. And no, you were not outnumbered and I can say that because I don't look at my faction wearing rose coloured specs. Once dc gave up and went to 1 bar, I left as did many other ep.

But if ep did zerg you down after I left, I feel no pity for you. How are them shoes feeling now that they're on your feet Chief?

I'm not sure you were seeing the 2 bars of AD that were also helping you fight then. There was an entire AD group dedicated to assisting EP in killing DC.

Even then, when DC dominated the map, as stated in the past, even though multiple of you want to deny it ever happened, LoDG avoided the main DC zerg and went to our own fights. "How are them shoes feeling now that they're on your feet Chief?" I've been getting zerged down since DC was winning the campaign because my group was the one hitting the spot that was prioritized. None the less, I am not concerned about myself being zerged, I am concerned for the pugs / randoms, who will run and leave Azura's Star like the vast majority of EP & AD did when DC took over.

Also, I do want to remind some of you that want to try to act high and mighty in the situation, you should remember that LoDG DID move to AD for a while to help the faction issues. We even got rid of our Oceanic Branch of the guild because people couldn't match the numbers at night. Don't act like we have just been riding the DC victories, because we did our part in trying to fix it.

I will keep fighting though, mainly because I do remember the days when the game launched and DC sat at their tri-keeps on a near daily basis while EP & AD clashed for Emperorships and clashed for scrolls. Many DC guilds use to call each other spies, they use to have civil conflicts all day in zone chat. No guild offered guidance to the faction and it became every man for himself while they ganked and AP Farmed wherever plausible.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pay better attention, AD were at one bar. What kept then in the game was Night Squirrel pulling an all nighter.

You should really get your facts straight before you try to pull the pity game.
    You were outnumbered in some fights? We'll join the club, it's eso. Lodg has zerged and it has gotten zerged, get over it kid. It happens to us all but you don't see us making daily posts crying about it.
    Try to read everything I write with an Australian accent

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts
    Full faction locks are only further dividing an already dwindling pvp community

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion
    Sophis-ticated (M. Templar), Tis not easy being Green (S. Dragonknight)

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭
    Pay better attention, AD were at one bar. What kept then in the game was Night Squirrel pulling an all nighter.

You were outnumbered in some fights? We'll join the club, it's eso. Lodg has zerged and it has gotten zerged, get over it kid. It happens to us all but you don't see us making daily posts crying about it.

Mind quoting my daily posts? I have been making daily posts about having fun fights.

However, if you want, I can remind you of the days of which you DID make daily posts about "LoDG night-capping" and "LoDG Zerging" and how it was such a terrible guild because we relied on numbers and how we always night-capped the map.

Pay attention? You want me to show the recording of EP & AD working together, shoulder to shoulder against DC during the night-capping?

Would you like me to tell you about how your faction and you only think of themselves highly because you keep night-capping and have the #1 spot? There is nothing impressive about what you are doing. All you did was manage to finally field more people than DC.

Pay attention? I noticed you came back to night-cap with EP now. Before that, you had been hiding in Trueflame or Haderus and avoided the late-night scene. Great job on running from the fights and now because there is no real fighting and more PvDoor Zerging the map, you have returned.

Also, I want to point out to you because you seem to be delusional about something.
    LoDG's organized groups field 8-16 people. If you got zerged by that then you are doing something wrong. You may have been zerged by the DC faction, but not by LoDG. Heck, LoDG for the most part had became AP Farmers because we didn't want to zerg the map blue. You can validate that by asking any of our guild members.

Anywho, the response that I received was expected, mainly because anyone and everyone on EP will think they're skilled for night-capping and camping the tri-keeps. (Just watched EP take Bloodmayne back from AD, which had no scroll behind it, which you tried shaming me for doing in the past)

• Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Aeko wrote: »
    it was slightly sad to see people complaining about how CP should remain and they would leave the game just because they worked so hard to make sure they had an advantage over newcomers.

Nah, I
    Vurian97 wrote: »
    Anyway, I think we had our most fun scroll run in a while retrieving Altadoon, and someone hate whispered the notion that 13 people was a zerg, so we'll return.

Welcome to Azura's Star, where everything higher than 4 people is considered a zerg.

Ignore the whispers, they'll come in bursts and they happen all the time. Azura's Star is more Azura's Salt more than anything. I wish I had been online when Fantasia came in, I had left early last night. Shame I missed out on the fun!

Thanks! We should be back soon.
    it was slightly sad to see people complaining about how CP should remain and they would leave the game just because they worked so hard to make sure they had an advantage over newcomers.

Nah, I don't think that's the right read of the thing. Anyone who's played long enough to get to CP cap, with their day-to-day priority being PvP, knows the following to be the way of it: experience is the single biggest advantage you can possibly have. On the battlefield, you see very little difference between a cp80 player and a cp600 tyro with a hard mode maw title. Even if the latter guy has done all the reading, put together proper cyro gear and alotted all 600 champion points in the Best Possible Places, he's gonna hit the floor against someone who's been at it much longer. A raid of 24 such people, properly geared and max level but lacking the PvP playtime, will freeze up their seasoned enemy's screen as they burst into AP.

And that's good! That's how it should be. It incentivizes learning, drives the people who care to get better to do so, and it reminds us that there's a certain threshold of actual skill you must hit before you need to worry about nonsense deciding the battle. Hurrah for that.

But it also means that no one with anything close to a substantial investment in Cyrodiil thinks of their CP as an advantage over newcomers. I'm sorry, but it's just crazy talk. Ain't no body need more advantage over a newcomer. Perhaps, when the CPocalypse hits and we all mix our bodies together, this will disappoint people who have been expecting an even ground. It should not disappoint you; it should energize you, because it suggests you can reach that even ground through your own merits, and your own hard work, if you continue to put in the time. This is the big decider, and not the stars of certain colors.

I'd like for CP to remain, but the 25% extra mitigation, extra crit resistance and dmg is hard to ignore. Without these the player needs to know how to burst and position otherwise they are dead in AZ. And to me this feels like proper end game since we don't have free stats helping us.

My impressions are that the lack of mitigation doesn't hurt as much as I expected, outside of siege, because the damage is lower. I do feel the lack of break free cost reduction, and the lack of block cost reduction, the latter of which is twofold -- needed to wear a lil more impen to get to the sweet spot without Resistant, which means less Sturdy.

After adjusting to that, I still think it's safe to say that most low-cp players have a little less experience under their belt, and that it makes for the single biggest discrepancy in success on the battlefield, outweighing the statistical advantage of champion points.

Yea some of the players are not in experienced guilds. But the players I fought last night, were still tough and I was happy to die to them since they knew their classes enough to put pressure where it was needed. They know what works for a seige defense, but could use help on offense. DC only has one guild on AZ, and they are doing their best.

For my gear, I was originally using light armor, and had to switch to heavy. The resource from heavy attack > Regen in certain situations, especially when dealing with resource poisons (where you just heavy attack and wait for the duration to give up before bursting with spells).
    And I had 2 pieces of reinforced, from my only two heavy pieces of vaklyn Skoria, which put me at 34k spell/27k physical.
    Edited by Minno on February 23, 2017 3:05PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Mind quoting my daily posts? I have been making daily posts about having fun fights.

However, if you want, I can remind you of the days of which you DID make daily posts about "LoDG night-capping" and "LoDG Zerging" and how it was such a terrible guild because we relied on numbers and how we always night-capped the map.

Pay attention? You want me to show the recording of EP & AD working together, shoulder to shoulder against DC during the night-capping?

Would you like me to tell you about how your faction and you only think of themselves highly because you keep night-capping and have the #1 spot? There is nothing impressive about what you are doing. All you did was manage to finally field more people than DC.

Pay attention? I noticed you came back to night-cap with EP now. Before that, you had been hiding in Trueflame or Haderus and avoided the late-night scene. Great job on running from the fights and now because there is no real fighting and more PvDoor Zerging the map, you have returned.

Also, I want to point out to you because you seem to be delusional about something.
    LoDG's organized groups field 8-16 people. If you got zerged by that then you are doing something wrong. You may have been zerged by the DC faction, but not by LoDG. Heck, LoDG for the most part had became AP Farmers because we didn't want to zerg the map blue. You can validate that by asking any of our guild members.

Anywho, the response that I received was expected, mainly because anyone and everyone on EP will think they're skilled for night-capping and camping the tri-keeps. (Just watched EP take Bloodmayne back from AD, which had no scroll behind it, which you tried shaming me for doing in the past)

The only tri fight I've seen was at Ales Pumpkin Patch. EP AND AD were attacking DC and each other. The tower farms are brutal without the right combo of ultimates :(.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

The only tri fight I've seen was at Ales Pumpkin Patch. EP AND AD were attacking DC and each other. The tower farms are brutal without the right combo of ultimates :(.

It was later in the night after most people had left. EP & AD attacked Bleaker's Outpost. AD sieged the hole, EP killed DC players. AD ran upstairs and killed DC, EP took the flag. EP then let AD run out.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Pay attention again!
    I posted about my lovely house. I've been in pve land for over a week and I can say with confidence that my personal house dominates your guild house! (Oh it's on!).

I've also stated that I'm Australian so what you call a night cap, I call my prime time.
    If ep is dominating I LEAVE. Did you? Only for a week because apparantly the ad didn't share their toys with you. (Before that the 2 week bwb holiday to level your ad toons, which seems that you will now use for mules sadly.)

DC doesn't treat you any better, I know because I play ***Multi faction*** Which means that I'll help out a faction that needs it which has been dc from time to time. You're welcome!
    You're just looking for excuses, and against someone who has the eyes an ears of all factions, you have none.

Also, 16+ people is considered a large raid. I know they weren't all yours because I was picking off the backliners for a good 5 mins without a raid returning to run me down (Which would mean that those players weren't in your group.) They still count in your numbers though if they follow you. It's a hard truth that took a while for me to understand too.

Then there was also your guild that jumped off the wall to xv1 me at Chal when I sat at the walls for a yolo to res at brk because it was apparantly UA.
    I didn't steam over that though. thanks to lodg's xv1, I ressed at brk right before it flagged. So no real complaints there, only amusement at what you and your guild will do to achieve anything.

Stop crying victim kid. We all get double factioned, we all get zerged. It's called pvp.
    Your tears were funny at first but now they're just irritating.

Edited by ellahellabella on February 23, 2017 3:43PM

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact
    Sophis (M. Templar), Lilivah Rallenar (M. Sorcerer), Diakoptês (M. Dragonknight), Pins and Needles (M. Nightblade), Claws-your-Curtains (S. Sorcerer), Raan-Mir-Tah (M Warden), Hezik (S Warden)

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
    Sirius Delatora (M. Nightblade), Ellaberry (S. Templar), Ellabear (pve tank) Claìr De Lune (M. Sorc)
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    lol Pay attention again!
    I posted about my lovely house. I've been in pve land for over a week and I can say with confidence that my personal house dominates your guild house! (Oh it's on!).

I've also stated that I'm Australian so what you call a night cap, I call my prime time. And if ep is dominating I LEAVE. Did you? Only for a week because apparantly the ad didn't share their toys with you.

DC doesn't treat you any better, I know because I play ***Multi faction*** Which means that I'll help out a faction that needs it which has been dc from time to time. You're welcome!
    You're just looking for excuses, and against someone who has the eyes an ears of all factions, you have none.

Also, 16+ people is considered a large raid. I know they weren't all yours because I was picking off the backliners for a good 5 mins without a raid returning to run me down (Which would mean that those players weren't in your group.) They still count in your numbers though if they follow you. It's a hard truth that took a while for me to understand too.

Then there was also your guild that jumped off the wall to xv1 me at Chal when I sat at the walls for a yolo to res at brk because it was apparantly UA.
    I didn't steam over that though. thanks to lodg's xv1, I ressed at brk right before it flagged. So no real complaints there, only amusement at what you and your guild will do to achieve anything.

Stop crying victim kid. We all get double factioned, we all get zerged. It's called pvp.
    Your tears were funny at first but now they're just irritating.

<3
  • Rickter
    Rickter
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    we'll be testing out the server tonight. hope to see some good competition.
    RickterESO
    PC | NA | DC
    YouTube
    Bloodletter | StamDK | Alliance Rank 46 | Former Emperor of Shor (2018) | Former Emperor of Thornblade #4terms (2015)
    PvE:
    vAA HM | vHRC HM | vSO HM | vMA | vDSA | vMoL | ALL Vet 4 Man Dungeons

• ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you're dc but you're welcome anyway. I tease, I tease! ;D

Don't let the forums lay the wrong impression, this is pure ego punching here.
    We're actually quite the friendly bunch on the map. Good luck out there!

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well you're dc but you're welcome anyway. I tease, I tease! ;D

Don't let the forums lay the wrong impression, this is pure ego punching here.

I took the past few pages all just forum-pvp.
    The map has some good fights so that's refreshing to see and there's no salty-licks (or t bagging from what I've seen.). Good community on this server.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Chillmatic
    Chillmatic
    ✭✭

Housefight?
    Chillmatic Airwaves - S14 Gladiator Holy Paladin

Guilds
    Officer - Ethereal Traders Union
    Founder, Guildmaster, Sole Member - FENGRUSH PACKAGING CO
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

My hope is, if ZOS removes CP from all the campaigns, they will be forced to address proc sets more than simply removing crits.

i refuse to use them.

if that gimps me, oh well. I have the duelist title. never used a proc set once.

But i understand the lure and to be fair, the proc sets have really cool effects. I dont want them out of ht game, I just personally dont like to be able to say: "yeah i won because magical random chance happened"

Yeah, I don't either. The worst use IMO is the gank NBs who will attack from stealth looking for the 'one shot' kill when two procs sets fire. If that doesn't happen, they cloak and run away. Horrible game design.
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Chillmatic wrote: »

Housefight?

Let's do it! >;D

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rickter wrote: »

i refuse to use them.

Yeah, I don't either. The worst use IMO is the gank NBs who will attack from stealth looking for the 'one shot' kill when two procs sets fire. If that doesn't happen, they cloak and run away. Horrible game design.

Best is when they fail, and you pop a soul assault right before they try to go into stealth. They try to cloak forgetting SA keeps them seen lol.
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

You mean EP night-caps and guards the tri-keeps and then rage-tells and says that everyone else zerged because they couldn't defend because they spread themselves thin.
  • Humphie
    Humphie
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You mean EP night-caps and guards the tri-keeps and then rage-tells and says that everyone else zerged because they couldn't defend because they spread themselves thin.

Hun...you should eat more cookies!
  • Talcyndl
    Talcyndl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Best is when they fail, and you pop a soul assault right before they try to go into stealth. They try to cloak forgetting SA keeps them seen lol.

Or pop a detect pot. The only issue then is if they are a good player, you are immediately at a disadvantage because you are on potion cooldown. But still satisfying to watch them try and stealth repeatedly. :)
    Tal'gro Bol
    PvP Vice Officer [Retired] and Huscarl of Vokundein
    http://www.legend-gaming.net/vokundein/
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You ever heard the story of the Pot calling the kettle black?
    If not, Do you need some music to calm those salt levels?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

I find it strange. You are trying to sound like you are justified here but the same posts I am making now are the ones you made in the past.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I find it strange. You are trying to sound like you are justified here but the same posts I am making now are the ones you made in the past.

But that's just it, I am full of the satisfaction of justice. You know why me, did an Aussie player came to Azuras star? Because of JP temple. I came here to hold them off and try to keep the server alive because many American players were rage quitting over the 'dc Night cap'. Since then, I have faced numerous dc populated threats at this 'nightcap' hour but I stopped complaining when I realised that complaining did nothing. I simply had to shoosh and play, so I did.

You're here crying about the ep night cap? You are now experiencing what I have for the last 6 campaigns but I took it 3x minimum better than you have, that's for damn sure. So why shouldn't I feel smug?

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • Vurian97
    Vurian97
    ✭✭✭

You're here crying about the ep night cap? You are now experiencing what I have for the last 6 campaigns but I took it 3x minimum better than you have, that's for damn sure. So why shouldn't I feel smug?

You might be dense, but I havn't cried about much of anything. I have remarked about how I feel about it. You took it better than me? So for the 2 weeks straight of you posting you took it better but I've posted twice about it and I am worse? You might have some delusional problems.
  • ellahellabella
    ellahellabella
    ✭✭✭✭✭

You might be dense, but I havn't cried about much of anything. I have remarked about how I feel about it. You took it better than me? So for the 2 weeks straight of you posting you took it better but I've posted twice about it and I am worse? You might have some delusional problems.

Oh I'm sorry, have you been trying to stop a red map for over a 3 campaigns in a row?
    I didn't think so

If anyone has any right to complain about any 'nightcap' or 'daycap' right now, it's ad. and no, being an ad for a week does not make you qualified.

PC NA
    ZOMBIE DEATH MACHINE
    Vanguard
    Outcasts

Toons:
    Ebonheart Pact

Aldmeri Dominion

Daggerfall Covernant
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tonight is a night my guild usually shows up in Azuras. The only night this week that I should be able to make it out so I hope for some good fights. I will have some good beer at any rate.
  • Jamini
    Jamini
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Oh I'm sorry, have you been trying to stop a red map for over a 3 campaigns in a row?
    I didn't think so

If anyone has any right to complain about any 'nightcap' or 'daycap' right now, it's ad. and no, being an ad for a week does not make you qualified.

Most of us, I think, are just glad the nightcapping nonsense seems to have evened out over here in ADland.

Also: You may take our home keeps. You may take our tri-keeps. You may zerg down our scrolls...

But we will never give up Alessia.
    Edited by Jamini on February 23, 2017 8:40PM
    "Adapt. or Die."
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I gotta ask...

... why so many Azura's guilds showed up last night in Haderus? If anything I thought more people would be guesting in Azura's this week.
  • Aeko
    Aeko
    ✭✭
    I read through the entire thread because I have no life... and its kinda ironic to see it go from DC and EP complaining about AD zerging at the beginning to AD and EP frustrated that DC was zerging and now people on DC and AD are fretting about EP. I think we should all just realize the futility of the situation and all be friends and enjoy our competition :smile:
    Edited by Aeko on February 23, 2017 11:36PM
    -Strífe
    DC Magicka Nightblade
    -Lótus
    DC Magicka Warden
    Mashed Potato Seasoned With Truffle Salt
  • PenguinInACan
    PenguinInACan
    ✭✭✭✭
    I read through the entire thread because I have no life... and its kinda ironic to see it go from DC and EP complaining about AD zerging at the beginning to AD and EP frustrated that DC was zerging and now people on DC and AD are fretting about EP. I think we should all just realize the futility of the situation and all be friends and enjoy our competition :smile:

And not have all of this forum drama? PvP may be the full of potatoes, but potatoes are always better with a little forum salt ;)
    Marek
This discussion has been closed.