The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

ZOS, permaban the ulti exploiters/hackers. No excuses.

Woeler
Woeler
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Just for once actually make the consequences of exploiting visible. So no meagre 3 day ban and not having the exploited mats taken (which you said would be done, but just didn't) away for the banker exploit, no special treatment for streamers, no meagre 24 hour ban for using bugs that have not been fixed for months in cyrodiil.

Just a damn permanent ban. We don't want cheaters, not in PvE, not in PvP. We want them to be gone, deleted, wiped from the servers.

Thank you.
Edited by Woeler on May 29, 2016 2:06PM
  • BFT88
    BFT88
    ✭✭✭✭
    AMEN
    Options
  • ИВАН_ВОДКА
    how many topics you need?
    Options
  • Thornen
    Thornen
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As many as it takes.
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It cant be called an exploit, its a hack plain and simple and software companies dont take kindly to hackers
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler wrote: »
    Just for once actually make the consequences of exploiting visible. So no meagre 3 day ban and not having the exploited mats taken (which you said would be done, but just didn't) away for the banker exploit, no special treatment for streamers, no meagre 24 hour ban for using bugs that have not been fixed for months in cyrodiil.

Just a damn permanent ban. We don't want cheaters, not in PvE, not in PvP. We want them to be gone, deleted, wiped from the servers.

Thank you.

I agree. Solid post, brah.
    Thornen wrote: »

As many as it takes.

Facts! Even if the whole forum is covered with complaints. Get these cheaters up outta' here.
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I feel like we've been down this road before . Not that it's not an important road to travel again . I just hate seeing good players get punished for exposing bad players . Try not to post names , I'd like you all to stay with the forums because this is a never ending fight . We need people that don't attempt to ruin it for others .
    Options
  • InvitationNotFound
    InvitationNotFound
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    well, maybe they get a 3 day ban. and the ppl reporting the cheaters will get a perma ban for naming & shaming #zoslogic
    We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome... - The Wrobler
    You know you don't have to be here right? - Rich Lambert
    Verrätst du mir deinen Beruf? Ich würde auch gerne mal Annahmen dazu schreiben, wie simple die Aufgaben anderer sind. - Kai Schober

Addons:
    RdK Group Tool: esoui DE EN FR
    Port to Friend's House: esoui DE EN FR - Library: DE EN
    Yet another Compass: esoui DE EN FR
    Group Buffs: esoui DE EN FR
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    ZOS actually punishing exploiters in a way that will improve the game for everybody that's not exploiting?

I'm sorry, but exploiting and hacking are synonymous with ESO at this point. ZOS never really showed they care and I don't expect them to all of a sudden start to care.

Exploiting and hacking are things that will almost always gain you something, even after ZOS 'punishes' you with some symbolic three day ban or takes some of your mats.
    Edited by Lava_Croft on May 29, 2016 1:52PM
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Woeler is right perma bans, are in order. the SH vid is up. I need to go rest. Ill be back later to see what else can be found.
    Options
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    ZOS will most likely hand out free crowns to those exploiters. Because we all know that they actually do not give a ***
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

Options
  • Emissary_Vex
    Emissary_Vex
    ✭✭
    I agree with this 100%.
    Options
  • Lava_Croft
    Lava_Croft
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »
    ZOS will most likely hand out free crowns to those exploiters. Because we all know that they actually do not give a ***
    I don't recall ever having played a AAA title where exploiting and hacking has been this blatantly showcased by players while at the same time so blatantly shrugged off by the developers.

I guess if it doesn't affect *** like pickpocketing or the Crown Store income, it's just not that important to ZOS.
    Options
  • krathos
    krathos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This affects PVE and PVP players. Go look at the VMA leader boards on PC right now. If it doesn't get fixed you're going to see it get way, way worse and spread to other trials diminishing the accomplishments of people like @Alcast and his crew. The vid below you can see how it is already making Cyrodiil unplayable and its early morning Sunday.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KosPhi1vchQ
    Flapjack Palmdale
    <ANIMOSITY>

Grand Overlord - Magicka Dragonknight
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I dont get it (seriously I just want to know) I always see threads about exploits...HOW can people exploit anything in the first place? On pc with add-ons or...? Why does Zos make it possible to exploit?
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    Anyone who uses cheat software must be permabanned, that's the case in any semi-decent online game. And there cant be any excuses to it.
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But I dont get it (seriously I just want to know) I always see threads about exploits...HOW can people exploit anything in the first place? On pc with add-ons or...? Why does Zos make it possible to exploit?

Its not an exploit, its a hack.

PC/EU
    Options
  • CherryCake
    CherryCake
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree.
    Anyone who uses cheat software must be permabanned, that's the case in any semi-decent online game. And there cant be any excuses to it.

Got my answer, thank you =D
    I like sweetrolls and I cannot lie
    Options
  • failkiwib16_ESO
    failkiwib16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just re-write the tooltip of those skills, and publically announce they allow this - untill they figure how to fix it in about 5months from now :p

I have a guildie who used to throw multiple ultimates without knowing how to do so, for a long while - he didn't always do it, but it happened pretty often ..and he was not cheating. I suspect that there are many players who experience these exploits like this. They run around, quest and do dailies while they throw multiple ultimates and don't know how or why.
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have a guildie who used to throw multiple ultimates without knowing how to do so, for a long while - he didn't always do it, but it happened pretty often ..and he was not cheating. I suspect that there are many players who experience these exploits like this. They run around, quest and do dailies while they throw multiple ultimates and don't know how or why.

Lol, who on earth can unknowingly install a program for cheating and unknowingly modify some variables in their game client?

PC/EU
    Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Or they could just re-write the tooltip of those skills, and publically announce they allow this - untill they figure how to fix it in about 5months from now :p

No, just no

What we are discussing is a 3rd party program that you can download to hack the coding and inject any values to your client side coding. There is no way this can be done accidently. We all know the site address where this can be downloaded.
    Options
  • milkbox
    milkbox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I couldn't help but do some sleuthing on this- seems like a new version of (unnamed cheat software) *just* came out this week, making it possible to use it with ESO. I checked out the website of (unnamed cheat software) and it is intended for use only in single player games. I think it's likely we'd see a response from the developer of the 3rd party application, too- I don't think they want their product used in this way. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think complaining directly to them might get results, too- at least to prevent future exploits?
    Edited by milkbox on May 29, 2016 2:08PM
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Using 3rd party cheat programs to use unlimited ultimates to easily kill players in PvP, get Flawless Conqueror/completel vMSA easier, complete Trials and other PvE content easier while using any kind of cheat like this, should result in a very very long ban, if not permanent.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    milkbox wrote: »
    I couldn't help but do some sleuthing on this- seems like a new version of (unnamed cheat software) *just* came out this week, making it possible to use it with ESO. I checked out the website of (unnamed cheat software) and it is intended for use only in single player games. I think it's likely we'd see a response from the developer of the 3rd party application, too- I don't think they want their product used in this way. Maybe I'm being naive, but I think complaining directly to them might get results, too- at least to prevent future exploits?

Very naive lol
    Options
  • Molag_Crow
    Molag_Crow
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    If nothing happens to those who cheated, well - that will just give them the green light to continue doing so whenever new exploits and cheats arise.
    --ϟ-- Crows_Descend - Templar - Ebonheart Pact [PS4]&[PC] [EU] --ϟ--
    YoutTube ESO Playlist
    The greatest prison that people live in, is the fear of what other people think. - David Icke
    Be your true, authentic self.

Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My guild has decided to click the unsub button and place all these threads with the link to the website causing it as the reason for unsubbing and won't resub until ZOS makes some form of announcement of a fix . If people are going to hack or exploit its not going to be while I'm paying to play .
    Options
  • YoloWizard
    YoloWizard
    ✭✭✭
    star_wars_facepalm_sam_okd.0.0.jpeg
    RETIRED

World First Vet Maw Of Lorkhaj Clear
    World First Vet Halls of Fabrication Clear
    World First Vet Asylum Sanctorium +2 Clear

World Record for All Trials Pre Thieves Guild Patch (YT)
    Options
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »
    If nothing happens to those who cheated, well - that will just give them the green light to continue doing so whenever new exploits and cheats arise.

Well, that 3 day ban story already kinda gave them green light.

PC/EU
    Options
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

An exploit is when there is a bug that, when reproduced, gives an advantage. It is like the survey map exploit that made some people really rich a while ago, and ZOS didn't permaban the exploiters back then; instead, they banned them for 3 days and they got to kept the gold and mats acquired with the exploit. Bug exploit is usually a bannable offense in MMOs (you are supposed to report bugs, not use them in your favor).

I don't know much about this case specifically, but it seems that they are not exploiting a bug, but using a cheat software. I will be really surprised if ZOS dosn't permaban them.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
    Options
  • SwaminoNowlino
    SwaminoNowlino
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this again from another thread. The cheat has been known for a while.mif you've noticed some fishy stuff on leaderboards, that's why. So people are sick of trying to report and no action being taken. Several folks decided to take the holiday weekend to make it such an obvious problem that it has to be dealt with. If you make Rich Lambert come in on the weekend you better bet it will be dealt with. That's why it's exploding right now. Zenimax won't be able to keep it quiet and ignore it now. So many of the people doing it obviously, like those in Fengrush's stream, are doing it on purpose to make sure it comes to light and gets fixed.
    Xbox NA : CP 160 StamPlar, MagNB, MagSorc, StamSorc, StamDK, StamNB, Level 10 MagDK & MagPlar, StamWarden, MagWarden

"We want firing off Dark Exchange in the middle of combat to feel awesome." - The Balance Lord Wrobel
    - And now it sure does, better learn how to bash folks!

I get by with a little help from logic.
    Options
  • Ch4mpTW
    Ch4mpTW
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Molag_Crow wrote: »

Aye! @Molag_Crow is in the building! Hi brah! :3
    Options
This discussion has been closed.