The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

ZOS, permaban the ulti exploiters/hackers. No excuses.

• Solid_Metal
    Solid_Metal
    ✭✭✭✭
    i want to see ZoS have the balls to do it...seriously....
    "i will walk through the fog, as i welcome death"
  • Ridistrin
    Ridistrin
    I bet 100 gold that their behavior results in less than 7 days ban.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    You'll sooner get banned for disrupting a role-playing event than blatantly exploiting or hacking.

Unfortunately.... :(
    But seriously, this rampant hacking is just another step. Cause everyone knows that its very unlikely to get banned for exploits (that 3 days ban was a joke), people are trying to push the boundaries further... So what happens next if Zos will just continue ignoring this?
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • AdmiralSam
    AdmiralSam
    ✭✭✭
    Lava_Croft wrote: »
    You'll sooner get banned for disrupting a role-playing event than blatantly exploiting or hacking.

Unfortunately.... :(
    But seriously, this rampant hacking is just another step. Cause everyone knows that its very unlikely to get banned for exploits (that 3 days ban was a joke), people are trying to push the boundaries further... So what happens next if Zos will just continue ignoring this?

People will leave. I definitely will, anyway.
  • Kalfis
    Kalfis
    ✭✭✭✭
    Do yourself's a favor and never PvP in ESO again. It's a lost cause and has been a broken mess since launch. You'll enjoy this game a lot more if you do.
  • Osteos
    Osteos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ban the cheaters.
    DAGGERFALL COVENANT
    NA PC
    Former Vehemence Member
    Onistka Valerius <> Artemis Renault <> Gonk gra-Ugrash <> Karietta <> Zercon at-Rusa <> Genevieve Renault <> Ktaka <> Brenlyn Renault
  • ManwithBeard9
    ManwithBeard9
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Anyone that has a Facebook or Twitter account should start hounding the official accounts on both sites until they come in from the holiday weekend and fix this hack, even if it means taking the game down for a couple days.
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I wouldn't even call them exploits.

Double Nova was a bug in ZOS's code that people can use either intentionally or accidentally. Banker surveys was an oversight in ZOS's code that some people discovered by accident and many intentionally exploited.

But is a whole new level. It's not a ZOS bug. It's not a ZOS oversight. It's people deliberately altering ZOS's code. This isn't something that you can accidentally stumble upon. It requires a lot of advanced programming and reverse-engineering expertise and hours of analysis to create this alteration (Cheat Engine is just a platform--in order to do something like this, there needs to also be ESO-specific patches that are not trivially easy to create). Of course, once created, it can be distributed and used by people with no technical knowledge. But the degree of intention and premeditation here is extreme, and nobody can throw up an "I did it by accident" or "I stumbled upon this" excuse.

The difference between typical exploits and this hack is like the difference between Manslaughter and First-Degree Murder. And the punishment should be accordingly greater.
    Edited by code65536 on May 29, 2016 5:18PM
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll say this again from another thread. The cheat has been known for a while.mif you've noticed some fishy stuff on leaderboards, that's why. So people are sick of trying to report and no action being taken. Several folks decided to take the holiday weekend to make it such an obvious problem that it has to be dealt with. If you make Rich Lambert come in on the weekend you better bet it will be dealt with. That's why it's exploding right now. Zenimax won't be able to keep it quiet and ignore it now. So many of the people doing it obviously, like those in Fengrush's stream, are doing it on purpose to make sure it comes to light and gets fixed.
    Pretty much this its sad what people have to do just to get stuff fixed in this game.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    I wouldn't even call them exploits.

Double Nova was a bug in ZOS's code that people can use either intentionally or accidentally. Banker surveys was an oversight in ZOS's code that some people discovered by accident and many intentionally exploited.

But is a whole new level. It's not a ZOS bug. It's not a ZOS oversight. It's people deliberately altering ZOS's code. This isn't something that you can accidentally stumble upon. It requires a lot of advanced programming and reverse-engineering expertise and hours of analysis to create this alteration (Cheat Engine is just a platform--in order to do something like this, there needs to also be ESO-specific patches that are not trivially easy to create). Of course, once created, it can be distributed and used by people with no technical knowledge. But the degree of intention and premeditation here is extreme, and nobody can throw up an "I did it by accident" or "I stumbled upon this" excuse.

The difference between typical exploits and this hack is like the difference between Manslaughter and First-Degree Murder. And the punishment should be accordingly greater.

This 1000000% ^^^^^^^^
  • Mauz
    Mauz
    ✭✭✭
    nothing will happen. the problem is not new. the tool is not new. a lot of ppl are already using this tool for a little speed hack here and there. you barely notice it. you just wonder how difficult it is to get them and how they maintain super high dps combined with super high sustain. the only difference is that ppl now are using it in pretty obvious way. I can't imagine they would do it if they wouldn't be sure not to be punished. I can remember that zos said something about "skilled players" in the past.
  • Buffler
    Buffler
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mauz wrote: »
    nothing will happen. the problem is not new. the tool is not new. a lot of ppl are already using this tool for a little speed hack here and there. you barely notice it. you just wonder how difficult it is to get them and how they maintain super high dps combined with super high sustain. the only difference is that ppl now are using it in pretty obvious way. I can't imagine they would do it if they wouldn't be sure not to be punished. I can remember that zos said something about "skilled players" in the past.

The new version of cheatengine combined with zos moving certain things client side to help performance has made it possible.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [
    Mauz wrote: »

Well, if they will just let the cheaters cheat, they will lose a lot of normal players... So I doubt its worth it for them.
    Also, its not good for their reputation. Even cheaply made f2p games ban for using stuff like this.

PC/EU
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone that has a Facebook or Twitter account should start hounding the official accounts on both sites until they come in from the holiday weekend and fix this hack, even if it means taking the game down for a couple days.

This is pretty much the only way to get them to fix it.
  • Nebthet78
    Nebthet78
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I completely agree with other people here, PERMA-BANS are required ASAP!!

Unlike actual game exploits, where it is the games programming itsself that is bugged, thus allowing an exploit without any third party assistance, this issue actually requires ZOS really needing to step up, strap on their manhood and be heavy handed with the perma-bans.

This issue is a cheat. No way around it. You can't sugar coat it. It is not an exploit. These players are using a third party program to gain a tactical advantage over other players and using the game code in a way that is not intended.

The fact that ZOS doesn't have 2-4 employees full time to actually monitor and deal with these type of issues is extremely worrying.

As someone who rarely PVPs, I am very aware of the players in most of those videos and they have been cheating for a very long time. They are one of the primary reasons why I no longer bother with PVP because, what's the point? It isn't fun going up against cheaters.

I also agree with a couple of other people, they need to get what is happening here out to the game media companies, perhaps some bad press with light a fire under ZOS' arse to finally get them to step up and do something about this exploit, even if it means they have to disable all add-ons temporarily while they code in way to block the offending third party program.

Exploits used that are caused by poor coding in the game itsself I can see temporary bans for, as that is an issue with the actual code in the game. HOWEVER, cheating through the use of a third party program is entirely unacceptable and MUST result in a Perma-ban as there is a very clear warning in the TOS regarding this.
    Far too many characters to list any more.
  • vicius1981
    vicius1981
    ✭✭✭
    Cheat program or hacking=perma ban...no excuse...no other solutions.
    Ps4 EU-
    660 CP Magplar Vamp DC(main)
    660 CP Magblade Vamp EP(Master crafter)
  • Xylphan
    Xylphan
    ✭✭✭✭
    No, not just a permaban. That's not good enough. A total ban.

A total ban means they go into their database and permanently flag the name associated with the account and any credit card /gift card/debit card/etc. Any attempt to buy or play the game results in a rejection notice that informs them of their permanently banned status, and that their business is no longer welcome.

And not just this game. Any game published by ZOS. Make it painfully clear to them that they are not welcome. Ever.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nebthet78 wrote: »

Exploits used that are caused by poor coding in the game itsself I can see temporary bans for, as that is an issue with the actual code in the game. HOWEVER, cheating through the use of a third party program is entirely unacceptable and MUST result in a Perma-ban as there is a very clear warning in the TOS regarding this.

Yes, exactly.
    A person might unknowingly trigger multi-novas exploit of whatever, but installing cheat program and tampering with game data is not something that can be done accidentaly. And these actions are clearly against TOS, not to mention that they allow people to ruin experience for lots of normal players.

PC/EU
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    Hello folks, this issue (and the associated videos and images) has been sent over to the appropriate team for investigation. We are closing this discussion as discussing in-game disciplinary action is not in keeping our forum rules.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
This discussion has been closed.