Healing is complicated, because you will have to reslot skills depend on what group you're dealing with. There more skills and buffs you can use in this game, however this is a simple guide so I don't want to include Mage Guild and Alliance War skills.
All you need as a templar healer for all content in the game:
Breath of Life - good burst heal, if your team has taken a lot of damage from a boss, cast 2-3 of this skill to heal everybody up.
Healing Springs - good for mob fights or situations where the team stacks, it is spamable and cost efficient.
Now on to the the more advanced healing, below is a list of some good skills and a short explenation to why they are good.
- Puncturing Sweep it's a good skill for damage and survival. It's an AoE cone that heals you, but gives bad AoE damage however high single target. In case stuff goes wrong or you wish to contribute to damage in bossfights, this is a great skill, because it keeps you alive.
- Blazing Spears is a decent DoT AoE skill. It's good to spam on mobs for damage, and specially during bossfights. Because when an ally picks up a shard, they gain 25% stamina and stamina regen, so tanks love getting a shard during long bossfights.... The other morph Luminous Shards is an AoE that snares enemies, and gives 25% stamina return + stamina and magicka regen - however does not give a DoT, so it's not that recomended compared to this one. There are other and better skills for mana-management of your team mages than Luminous Shards. Blazing Spear is the supperior morph.
- Solar Disturbance is a great ultimate. It gives high damage and snares enemies in the area - casting it on a target makes them give less damage, so it's great for hard bossfights.
- Dark Flare great single target damage skill, but it has a casting time - so you can not always make use of this skill. It really depends on what teams you are with. Debuffs your enemies healing taken for a few seconds, so you can use it on bosses like Bogdan (endboss in Elden Hollow 2) so he doesn't heal much up, while your team continues to deal damage, it makes it possible for low-dps-groups to ignore the white adds that heal the boss.
- Power of The Light placed on an enemy gives them Minor Fracture and Minor Breach, reduces their spell and physical resistance by 1320 for 6 seconds, and buffs your team mates with Minor Sorcery and increases their spell damage by 5%.
- Radiant Glory/ Radiant Oppression << our glorious Jesus Beam. If your magicka regen is high, Radiant Oppression is the best morph and gives most damage. Choose Radiant Glory if your regen is so bad, that you're almost out of magicka when bosses get down to execution phase ...it heals you and gives good damage.
- Breath of Life is a great burst heal, always have this one slotted.
- Repentance is an extremely underestimated skill. It gives you 10% regen in all stats just by having it slotted, and it is cost free to cast. It provides stamina to every nearby ally that is within 12 meters radius of you. This skill is great to cast during and after mob fights, both for stamina and magicka users. Stamina users get more resources back to deal damage, magicka users who block-cast AoE skills in mob fights also benefit greatly from this.
- Purifying Ritual Is good for trial healing really, it's not needed but a good HoT to have. Level this skill up, in case you haven't already, even if you don't use it.
- Channeled Focus ever since Blazing Shield (morph of Sun Shield) got nerfed into uselessness, this is the best shield-like skill we have.
- Healing Springs is the best spamable skill for stacked groups, and for when you run low on magicka.
- Rapid Regeneration is a great HoT in 4mans dungeons, it just gives that little extra healing and spares you for a lot of trouble, in case you get CC'ed by mobs or bosses.
- Combat Prayer is way better than the alternative morph, because it gives those allies you hit with it a good damage bonus. In good groups you can replace Healing Springs with this skill, but don't ever do that with inexperienced and low dps groups, because it will run you out of magicka. If the teams dps is low, buffing them with a percentage is nothing compared to if you just deal damage to progress faster through a dungeon.
- Siphon Spirit is my favorite skill, you see ... it is extremely useful both for magicka dps'ers and stamina users on your team, and you. It provides health + 1% magicka to anyone that hits a target with this on. It allows you to deal some damage or cast buffs and other skills, while the dps'ers and tank can heal themselves by dealing damage to the target. In case you are about to run out of magicka, cast this skill and then do heavy attacks with restoration staff. It does have a casting time, so you have to time it right when you cast it.
- Crushing Shock is good as a general single target skill if you can do medium attack weaving. Any enemy mobs that is channeling a skill will be interrupted and stunned. It's specially useful against mob healers in veteran White Gold Tower and Imperial City Prison where enemies have very high health, so they're slow to take down.
- Elemental Drain is skooma for magicka based sorcerers and dragonknights. They tend to run out of resources fast, and many of them depend on the magicka return from this skill.
- Mystic Orb is the only skill in the game, that gives instant gratification of magicka + some magicka regen. It also gives more instant magicka the more enemies it hits, so if you cast it in a mob fight, and your team mates use the synergy - they will not run out of magicka.
- 3 willpower jewelry with reduced cost enchants.
- 5 Kagrenacs Hope
- 3-4 Torugs Pact (2 armor pieces with weapons: resto, destro and in case of dual wield)
(I haven't mentioned any lootable armor sets, because it is not needed to start with. I recomend that you start with 5 Kagrenacs Hope instead of Julianos because it gives better sustain untill you are more experienced.)
The Atronach for magicka regen, when you gain more experience exchange it for The Thief for higher crit chance.
start with 10 points in health, and the rest in magicka. When you gain more experience, you can put it all into magicka, however if you do not block in time, some boss attacks will one shot you.
- get precise on everything. Sharpened is not bad for destro staff and Nirnhoned/Sharpened for dual wield, because it gives higher dps, but it is not needed if you only off-dps and main-heal.
- All pieces with Divine trait
- 5 light, 1 heavy, 1 medium for the total 6% extra health, magicka and stamina bonus from the Undaunted Mettle passive skill. If you do not have that passive unlocked yet, you can wear 5 light and 2 heavy for better protection.
- Restoration Staff good for skills and magicka return from heavy attacks.
- Destruction Staff good if you play with players who use elemental damage type of skills.
- Dual Wield is only good for the passive skill, that boosts your spell damage. It's not a needed weapon type, but it is a good alternative to destro staff if you run with team that does not need Elemental Drain casted on bosses.
A general good setup for a mixed group would be:
- Siphon Spirit
- Blazing Spear
- Rapid Regeneration
- Healing Springs
- Breath of Life
- Ultimate: Solar Disturbance
- Mystic Orb
- Dark Flare
- Elemental Drain
- Breath of Life
- Ultimate: Solar Disturbance
>> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, when tank reaches the boss cast Siphon Spirit on the boss. Weaponswap to destro staff and cast Elemental Drain, then do some damage and heal when it is needed, untill one of your skills run out, then recast it.
>> cast a Blazing Spear to the tank, so he regains stamina, and cast a few Mystic Orbs to your team mates, in case they are low on magicka, recast Siphon Spirit and Elemental Drain.
>> start with casting Rapid Regeneration 2 times to cover all 4 of you, then when your damage dealers reach the middle of the mobs, spam Healing Springs 2 times, Blazing Spear 2 times, Healing Springs 2 times >> weaponswap and cast 2 Mystic Orbs and use repentance.
>> use these on hard bosses, or in situations where you are about to run out of magicka and you need your teem to take a bit less damage. If your team is good, then cast them for the purpose of damage on bosses.
BEST IN SLOT GEAR IS NOT RELEVANT IF YOU ARE BELOW CP160/GEAR CAP LEVEL - SO DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME FARMING GEAR YOU WILL GROW OUT OF.
BiS gear is currently:
5 Spell Power Cure (with resto staff included)
5 Infallible Aether or Twilight Remedy set (with destro staff included)
2 monster set of your liking
The list above is useless for non templars, as if you intend to provide stamina to your team, you have to compensate with Masters Restoration Staff.
5 Spell Power Cure
5 Infallible Aether or Twilight Remedy set
1 Molag Kena helmet or shoulder
1 Masters Restoration Staff
1 preferably Masters Destruction Staff
......................Working on the sorc/non-templar part, give me a little more time