The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Item Sets Available from Rewards for the Worthy Bags & AP Vendors

ZOS_JessicaFolsom
ZOS_JessicaFolsom
Community Manager
When we first launched the Dark Brotherhood update on the PTS, we removed some older item sets from both the Rewards for the Worthy bags and the AP vendors. As we had previously told everyone, we didn’t plan to remove the older item sets from the AP vendors. The removal was unintentional and due to a miscommunication, and we’re correcting it—we’ll explain what you can expect.

First, Rewards for the Worthy bags. We want Rewards for the Worthy bags to always be appealing, and contain the latest and greatest item sets. It’s also important that we keep the number of item sets in the Rewards for the Worthy loot table reasonable so your chances of completing your desired item set(s) are higher. We will continue to cycle out older sets from the Rewards for the Worthy bags, and replace them with newer item sets.

When we remove item sets from the Rewards for the Worthy bags, it is our intent that those item sets are still available for purchase from AP vendors. This didn’t happen when the Dark Brotherhood update went to the PTS, but it will. With next week’s PTS incremental patch (and Dark Brotherhood at launch), the older sets will be in thematic boxes sold by “Elite Gear” vendors in your alliance’s home base in Cyrodiil. Here is the full list:

DEFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
  • Alessian Order
  • Bastion of the Heartland
  • Beckoning Steel
  • Blessing of the Potentates
  • Crest of Cyrodiil
  • Deadly Strike
  • Durok's Bane
  • The Juggernaut

OFFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
  • Affliction
  • Armor of Truth
  • Deadly Strike
  • Elf Bane
  • Ravager
  • Sergeant's Mail

DEFENSIVE MEDIUM BOX
  • Barkskin
  • Crusader
  • Eagle Eye
  • Shadow Walker
  • Shield of the Valiant
  • Twin Sisters
  • Vengeance Leech

OFFENSIVE MEDIUM BOX
  • Eagle Eye
  • Hawk's Eye
  • Kyne's Kiss
  • Sentry
  • The Morag Tong
  • Vengeance Leech
  • Ward of Cyrodiil

DEFENSIVE LIGHT BOX
  • Almalexia's Mercy
  • Curse Eater
  • Desert Rose
  • Grace of the Ancients
  • Prayer Shawl
  • Robes of Onslaught
  • Wrath of the Imperium

OFFENSIVE LIGHT BOX
  • Buffer of the Swift
  • Grace of the Ancients
  • Light of Cyrodiil
  • Noble Duelist's Silks
  • Robes of Alteration Mastery
  • The Arch-Mage
  • Wrath of the Imperium

All items from these boxes scale to the level of your character at the moment when you open the box, up to Champion 160. The boxes cost 20,000 AP apiece, and the items inside will always be Blue-quality. In a future update, we may look into expanding the item slots and Traits that these item sets come in, and/or moving them from the Elite Gear vendors to tie in more tightly with the Cyrodiil Town Capture mechanic.

We hope this helps address your concerns with the removed item sets, and we look forward to your feedback. Thank you!

Jessica Folsom
Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
Staff Post
  • Sk000tch
    Sk000tch
    ✭✭✭
    Applaud you guys upgrading these sets to 160, community has been asking for that for a long time. So many cool sets that nobody uses anymore, all the new build options maybe best part of new patch.

Only thing is the part of some of theses old sets are the 2/3 piece bonus and that they come in jewelry, and blue jewelry is real bittersweet. You guys could sell gold jewelry for a million AP a piece and we'd gladly pay it.
    Edited by Sk000tch on May 16, 2016 11:04PM
    Options
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When we first launched the Dark Brotherhood update on the PTS, we removed some older item sets from both the Rewards for the Worthy bags and the AP vendors. As we had previously told everyone, we didn’t plan to remove the older item sets from the AP vendors. The removal was unintentional and due to a miscommunication, and we’re correcting it—we’ll explain what you can expect.

First, Rewards for the Worthy bags. We want Rewards for the Worthy bags to always be appealing, and contain the latest and greatest item sets. It’s also important that we keep the number of item sets in the Rewards for the Worthy loot table reasonable so your chances of completing your desired item set(s) are higher. We will continue to cycle out older sets from the Rewards for the Worthy bags, and replace them with newer item sets.

When we remove item sets from the Rewards for the Worthy bags, it is our intent that those item sets are still available for purchase from AP vendors. This didn’t happen when the Dark Brotherhood update went to the PTS, but it will. With next week’s PTS incremental patch (and Dark Brotherhood at launch), the older sets will be in thematic boxes sold by “Elite Gear” vendors in your alliance’s home base in Cyrodiil. Here is the full list:

DEFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
    • Alessian Order
    • Bastion of the Heartland
    • Beckoning Steel
    • Crest of Cyrodiil
    • Deadly Strike
    • Durok's Bane
    • The Juggernaut

OFFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
    • Affliction
    • Armor of Truth
    • Deadly Strike
    • Elf Bane
    • Ravager
    • Sergeant's Mail

DEFENSIVE MEDIUM BOX
    • Barkskin
    • Crusader
    • Eagle Eye
    • Shadow Walker
    • Shield of the Valiant
    • Twin Sisters
    • Vengeance Leech

OFFENSIVE MEDIUM BOX
    • Eagle Eye
    • Hawk's Eye
    • Kyne's Kiss
    • Sentry
    • The Morag Tong
    • Vengeance Leech
    • Ward of Cyrodiil

DEFENSIVE LIGHT BOX
    • Almalexia's Mercy
    • Curse Eater
    • Desert Rose
    • Grace of the Ancients
    • Prayer Shawl
    • Robes of Onslaught
    • Wrath of the Imperium

OFFENSIVE LIGHT BOX
    • Buffer of the Swift
    • Grace of the Ancients
    • Light of Cyrodiil
    • Noble Duelist's Silks
    • Robes of Alteration Mastery
    • The Arch-Mage
    • Wrath of the Imperium

All items from these boxes scale to the level of your character at the moment when you open the box, up to Champion 160. The boxes cost 20,000 AP apiece,
    and the items inside will always be Blue-quality. In a future update, we may look into expanding the item slots and Traits that these item sets come in, and/or moving them from the Elite Gear vendors to tie in more tightly with the Cyrodiil Town Capture mechanic.

We hope this helps address your concerns with the removed item sets, and we look forward to your feedback. Thank you!
    Omg thank you for this @ZOS_JessicaFolsom especially for making all the sets champion point 16 this will allow much wanted new build diversity in PVP.
    Options
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is exactly why people complain about your communication. It's inexcusable that we had to sit around and wonder about this as long as we have. This post should have been made three weeks ago.
    Options
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Grats for upgrading the boxes to 160. This is terrific news. I'm hoping the sets in the dungeon loot table will be getting the same treatment in the future as they are still set to v14 max.
    Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You've turned the multiple weeks of theorycrafting and testing for speccing out our pvp raid upside down, but I'm ok with that because I've wanted these sets back and viable for well over a year now.

excited-geese.gif
    Options
  • heystreethawk
    heystreethawk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thank you for the update! Will the traits on these be random? If so, will the jewelry be random traited too? Sorry if I missed that info in the post!
    GM of Fantasia
    I heard those symphonies come quick
    Options
  • Synozeer
    Synozeer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Great news. Perhaps give a 5% chance of any gear to be purple? That way we can at least have a chance of getting purple jewelry like some of these sets have currently.
    Watch my PvP Videos on YouTube

Azoi - Nightblade - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - 1st DC NA Grand Overlord
    Hzarn - Templar - Daggerfall Covenant - NA Server - Grand Overlord
    ...and many more.
    Options
  • Danny231
    Danny231
    ✭✭✭
    This is, really nice to know. And see what it's like in the live severs!
    Options
  • Arthg
    Arthg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is just brilliant, just brilliant!
    More build diversity!
    The next best thing would be for master crafters to be able to change the style of this gear but hey... Give us an inch...
    PC/EU. NoCP PvP. sDK Orc IRL. Flawless tamperor. Pro scrub.
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    What I like about the current gear vendor is that, for example, if I want the shield of Potentates, I'll buy that shield and be done with it. Sure, it costs nearly 250K AP, but I like that certainty.

I strongly dislike this bag system. I want to buy a specific item, not a scratch-off lottery ticket that might give me the item that I want. In case it's not abundantly clear, RNG is not popular in this game.

With just a 1-in-7 chance that a set in a box is the one that I want, I'll have to spend an average of 140K AP just to get an item of that set. And it might not even be the item that I want.

Please just list the items for same instead of this box nonsense. Raise the price if you have to--I will pay extra to avoid RNG.

Or, if that's not possible for some reason (too many item possibilities?), at least segregate the boxes by set. E.g., instead of buying an "Offensive Heavy Box", let me buy a "Ravager Box".

Also, why only the Elite Gear vendor? There are multiple gear vendors--you have the heavy armor vendor, light armor vendor, etc. Currently, the Elite Gear vendor is just VR13/14 items while the other vendors are VR1-12. On the PTS, the other gear vendors don't have anything interesting listed for sale, so why not use their store space (assuming that store space is the reason why you are consolidating everything into boxes)?
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why blue? o.O
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MMMMMM...Morag Tong.....MMMMMM
    Options
  • Smolt
    Smolt
    ✭✭✭
    yaaay
    Options
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ajaxduo wrote: »
    Why blue? o.O

Purple upgrade mats are dirt cheap. Trust me when I say that the color will be the last thing on your mind when you're faced with the RNG of these bags.
    Options
  • Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jewelry that drops from these boxes have to be purple. Furthermore why can't these sets just be added to a vendor at CP 160? The RNG system in your game is atrocious, and this is just a poorly veiled attempt to drain players of their AP for minimal reward. Everyone cheering for this fails to realize that it will take millions of AP per set to obtain, the jewelry for these sets will be worthless, and depending of the traits you could spend your millions and not even get the trait you want.
    Options
  • Ghost-Shot
    Ghost-Shot
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    YES
    Options
  • Aenlir
    Aenlir
    ✭✭✭
    Need to be able to obtain these sets in purple/gold. Or at least make separate jewelry boxes that give a variety of qualities.
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Oh finally some good news.
    Atleast a little solace, so I can stop being sad and thinking about the Sorc class' State for a minute... :disappointed:

No but really, this is great. I dont know what took so long, to implement this, but its here.
    Finally we have a way to spend AP for something useful.

But I still have a question:

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Will the boxes contain set items ONLY (the ones you listed)?
    Or is there still that chance for non-set items?

I hope you guys are doing it the same way like with the 4 new AP Sets (Vicecannon, Galerion, etc.) where you are guaranteed a Set piece, but its still random.
    Edited by Birdovic on May 16, 2016 11:23PM
    Options
  • zerosingularity
    zerosingularity
    ✭✭✭✭
    Max level Ravagers huh. Oh and max level Morag Tong. Wonder how THAT will work on Stam DKs. Actually kinda scared it will be too OP on a stam DK with all their poison skills.
    Edited by zerosingularity on May 16, 2016 11:25PM
    NA-PC

Kaineth - Stamina Nightblade (Weakest Player Ever!)
    Elena Stormwood - Magicka Sorcerer (vMA no Death 12/21/15 Score 401148)
    Sheila Feyrondas - Magicka Dragonknight Tank (Frost staves are gonna be fun!)

*Disclaimer* I fail at emotional communication, so assume what I say is NOT meant to be offensive.
    Options
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager

We'll get everyone some answers to this questions and others in this thread, tomorrow. (Need to chat with the Dev team!)
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Options
    Staff Post
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭

We'll get everyone some answers to this questions and others in this thread, tomorrow. (Need to chat with the Dev team!)

That was a quick answer, thanks!
    I'll keep an eye open here :smile:
    Options
  • WhiteCoatSyndrome
    WhiteCoatSyndrome
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

Ooo, thanks for finding out for us!
    #proud2BAStarObsessedLoony
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!
    A useful explanation for how RNG works
    Options
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You see ZOS.

THIS is how you get your community to love you. Upgrading these sets to V16 is great for build diversity and the game as a whole.

I'm very happy to hear about this! :)
    Edited by Vaoh on May 16, 2016 11:40PM
    Options
  • Grao
    Grao
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Hey @ZOS_JessicaFolsom! Any chance of me getting an answer for my question please? Since you are going to talk things with Devs and all? I'd really appreciate! Thanks!

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/266008/zos-when-will-magicka-sorcerers-be-untied-from-destruction-staves/p1

Also, please get the Pet Set an upgraded version. Necropotence Set.
    Edited by Grao on May 16, 2016 11:53PM
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    THANK YOU!!! Great things ahead guys!
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  •  Jules
    Jules
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »
    This is exactly why people complain about your communication. It's inexcusable that we had to sit around and wonder about this as long as we have. This post should have been made three weeks ago.

Just enjoy it dude. Take a chill pill.
    JULES | PC NA | ADAMANT

IGN- @Juies || Youtube || Twitch
    EP - Julianos . Jules . Family Jules . Jules of Misrule. Joy
    DC - Julsie . Jules . Jukes . Jojuji . Juliet . Jaded
    AD - Juice . Jubaited . Joules . Julmanji . Julogy . Jubroni . Ju Jitsu

Rest in Peace G & Yi
    Viva La Aristocracy
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Basically I really like that we're finally able to get all those sets in CP160. Unfortunately it will be extremely difficult to get ones hand on the desired set since the loot-tables are so big.
    • 8 different sets
    • 5 different armor parts
    • 4 different traits (impenetrable, reinforced, divine & infused)

That's a total of 160 different lootable items.
    So if you want a specific piece you have to be ready to invest 20'000 * 160 = 3'200'000 AP.

To reduce this RNG, I'd suggest to allow players lock down the set or armor piece part of the dice roll. Whether it's through additional vendors or some form of keys doesn't necessarily matter.

Another option would be to lower to cost of the boxes that reflects the success rate and makes up for all the "wasted" ap.
    Edited by Sublime on May 17, 2016 12:14AM
    Options
  • Birdovic
    Birdovic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    Basically I really like that we're finally able to get all those sets in CP160. Unfortunately it will be extremely difficult to get ones hand on the desired set since the loot-tables are so big.
    • 8 different sets

So if you want a specific piece you have to be ready to invest 20'000 * 160 = 3'200'000 AP.

You should read it again. if you lets say, want the Set "Alessian Order", you go for this:
    DEFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
    Alessian Order
    Bastion of the Heartland
    Beckoning Steel
    Blessing of the Potentates
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Deadly Strike
    Durok's Bane
    The Juggernaut
    Options
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    These are still BoE, right? I'd strongly prefer to be able to buy the item I want, or at least the correct set, but if they are BoE they can be traded or sold.
    Options
  • Sublime
    Sublime
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sublime wrote: »
    • 8 different sets

You should read it again. if you lets say, want the Set "Alessian Order", you go for this:
    DEFENSIVE HEAVY BOX
    Alessian Order
    Bastion of the Heartland
    Beckoning Steel
    Blessing of the Potentates
    Crest of Cyrodiil
    Deadly Strike
    Durok's Bane
    The Juggernaut

I understand it the following way: The Elite Gear Vendor sells a box called "Defensive Heavy Box". This box contains one piece of the 8 named sets.

So which part of this is wrong? Does one box drop more than one item or can you select which set is dropped?
    Options