The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.0.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.3

• Ajax_22
    Ajax_22
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Stam Sorc is still the only stamina class that can have 2 good heals without having to fit 2-H into their build.

It's a good change and much more balanced.

DK is the only class that can reflect without fitting a one hand and Shield in their build. Maybe we should take that away.

NB is the only class with a reliable gap closer, and the only class with magic skill that gives Major Evasion. Maybe we should take those away.

Templar is the only class with a purge that you don't have to PvP for. They also have the only reliable magic heal that doesn't need a Resto Staff. Maybe we should take those away.
    Edited by Ajax_22 on May 17, 2016 4:15AM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I was so excited for the DB but every time I look at the patch notes, I get more and more depressed.

The overall nerf to tanks was unjustified. Moving the Block cost reduction passive to Shadow may make some mild sense from the whole "green tree is resource management" perspective but considering that the Steed Tree has largely been dominated by block passives, it was the go to tree for tanks. The extra mitigation the lady provides is practically useless considering the ease of getting to resist cap with tanks already. Not to mention the loss of Bracing from HA. All these changes do is put a high skill level requirement on a role that is already so tedious that most people don't even want to do in the 1st place. It also makes it so that tanking is now the absolute only thing your character can do because you can't use your CP for resource management as the larger majority has gone into making yourself tanky when you need to tank.

I really wanted poisons in the game for some long but not these OP. I wanted simple poisons like ravage health and the like, albeit toned down to maybe a 5th of their potency so they'd end up doing maybe 2k damage at best. I enjoy small scale PvP with a handful of my guild mates but poisons just eat thru us when we're fighting any group even slightly larger than us due to our resources being drained almost instantly trying to defend ourselves from these groups. We simply cannot function when there is several different poisons constantly being applied to us that we can't apply to the same magnitude due to simply not having the numbers to do so. This just makes small scale PvP stupidly difficult and pointless to even attempt. We already have to deal with zergs spamming proxy and Vicious Death but now we also have to do so without resource? That's just insane.

I was looking forward to adding Bone Shield to my Stamblade, more so for PvE content because it would at least be a good shield to help take the stress off our healer a little bit in difficult situations but that got reverted back to health so only tanks could use them effectively but the strain on their stamina is already much to high for most to actually justify using the shield, not to mention that the shield would be too small for a tank to really benefit from it anyways and the synergy would go away almost immediately after they'd use it. I could still use it for some mild support skill but then, the shield would be pathetic if I used it and wouldn't really help me in any situation as the short duration and small shield would be gone in an instant.

What exactly did this patch do that was positive beside make some much needed adjustments to make stamina slightly better off? You nerfed Sorcs into the ground, you nerfed tanking into the ground, you made small scale PvP next to impossible to do, and for what?

/end rant
    Argonian forever
  • Jim_Pipp
    Jim_Pipp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Erock25 wrote: »
    I wonder what ZOS employees call the after-patch-vitriol time period where everyone freaks the f out? They have to have a name for it.

Malacath's traditional grumblings?
    Str-eso's forums?
    Troll bothering?
    #1 tip (Re)check your graphics settings periodically - especially resolution.
  • NinjaApacHe
    NinjaApacHe
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Assassination
    Death Stroke: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 4.5%
    Teleport Strike: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 6.5%."

Why you hate us so much?
    CP 2120+Lord Yakhin- Magicka NB - High Elf - DC Jack Templar - Stamina Templar - Dark Elf - DC Darth Morbius - Stamina Sorcerer - Dark Elf - DC Bloody Merril - Stamina Vampire NB - Redguard - DC Master Kun - Stamina DK - Redguard - DC Exarch Kun - Magicka Vampire NB - High Elf - DC Ace Bollah - Stamina Warden - Dark Elf - DC Icy Jack - Stamina Warden - Nord - DC Prior Tedas - Stamina NB - High Elf - DC 10 traits Woodworker - lvl 50 Enchanter - lvl 50 Alchemist - 10 traits Clothier & Smither - 10 traits jewelcrafterProud member of the Band of Daggers - www.bandofdaggers.eu
  • The_Saint
    The_Saint
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nerf sorcs, nerf nightblades in this patch

give op dks new visuel effects instead of balancing stam dk...

gj for making pve raids to a "stam dks with friend for buffs" event...

Samuel Crow - Nachtklinge - PC-EU-DC
    Saint_Crow Twitch / Youtube
    ESO Stream Team Member
    Noractis
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The_Saint wrote: »

theres only 1 stam dk i know
    a lot of people in pve are not fotm builds because you need synergy within your group.
    #MOREORBS
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Nifty2g wrote: »

a lot of people in pve are not fotm builds because you need synergy within your group.

You dont need no more synergy if Stam DK will do 1.5x more dps than every other setup.

Also, did they fix Sweeps?
    Edited by Alcast on May 17, 2016 8:49AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alcast wrote: »

You dont need no more synergy if Stam DK will do 1.5x more dps than every other setup.

How do you think the stam dk is getting the dps? it doesn't do 45k alone.
    nightblades help
    templars help with shards, sure healers can do it but more reliable with a templar dps which also buffs the magicka users
    sorcerers buff magic users
    a stamplar using power of the light helps too
    someone wearing nightmothers

what are you talking about no synergies, i missed a lot there but having 8 dps as stam dks doesnt seem like a viable option lol, all i'd swap is making the caster dks you have go stamina

and no they haven't fixed it yet, at this point i doubt they are going to but we'll see what happens for live
    Edited by Nifty2g on May 17, 2016 8:56AM
    #MOREORBS
  • Alcast
    Alcast
    Class Representative
    Alcast wrote: »

How do you think the stam dk is getting the dps? it doesn't do 45k alone.
    nightblades help
    templars help with shards, sure healers can do it but more reliable with a templar dps which also buffs the magicka users
    sorcerers buff magic users
    a stamplar using power of the light helps too
    someone wearing nightmothers

what are you talking about no synergies, i missed a lot there but having 8 dps as stam dks doesnt seem like a viable option lol, all i'd swap is making the caster dks you have go stamina

and no they haven't fixed it yet, at this point i doubt they are going to but we'll see what happens for live

I know lol.

But basically you can do 1x Temp healer, 1x NB Healer. 2x DK Tanks. 8x Stam DK Kappa. Tho magicka still easier to play in HM Rakkhat lol.
    Edited by Alcast on May 17, 2016 9:01AM
    https://alcasthq.com - Alcasthq.com Builds & Guides
    https://eso-hub.com - ESO-Hub.com Sets, Skills, Guides & News
    https://dwemerautomaton.com - Discord, Telegram & Twitch Command Bot

• Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    [redacted]
    Edited by Sunburnt_Penguin on May 17, 2016 1:32PM
  • RazielSR
    RazielSR
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is really insane. A good decision,and revert back. How can this be possible with supposedly people with knowledge about their own game? The only shield for stam users was gonna be a real shield just like other classes have. Ok...nonono...lets change it again to what it was before.

How is this logical at all?

The 60% poison thing I want to think is a joke.
    Edited by RazielSR on May 17, 2016 9:40AM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an explanation behind the reasoning for increasing the drain poison effects to 60%? A lot of people (obvs, myself included) see this as a ridiculously unnecessary tweak so having an insight in to why such a change happened may alleviate some concerns.
  • Septimus_Magna
    Septimus_Magna
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The dmg reduction on Incap Strike is good, thanks for listening to the feedback.

The visual effect updates for Noxious Breath, Venomous Claw and Hurricane skills is good.

The fix of both Surge morphs is good as well. Dont get me wrong, sorcs need more healing but the skill was not effected correctly by the battle spirit. Now its time to boost the amount of healing (by at least 30-40%) so that it provides decent healing over time in pvp and pve!

The Empowered Ward change is also good, 10 second shield is pretty decent. Thanks again for listening to the feedback. However, I think that the additional effect of magicka regen is wasted because this doesnt stack with magicka potions. It would help if this buff would offer some benefit towards healing effects, increased healing done/taken, reduced cost for healing spells or something similar.

The poisons are ridiculously strong, please listen too the feedback and reduce the effectiveness and proc rate. Also, please make it so that only one poison can be applied to a player. Outnumbered pvp is already difficult, if you add 5 different poison types (diluded or not) this will become impossible because you'll be constantly rooted in place and drained from all your resouces.

All by all good changes (except the poisons on which we all seem to agree), although I would love it if Cloak would work as intended so DOTs dont pull you out of stealth constantly.
    PC - EU (AD)
    Septimus Mezar - Altmer Sorcerer
    Septimus Rulanir - Orsimer Templar
    Septimus Desmoru - Khajiit Necromancer
    Septimus Iroh - Dunmer Dragon Knight
    Septimus Thragar - Dunmer Nightblade
    Septimus Jah'zar - Khajiit Nightblade
    Septimus Nerox - Redguard Warden
    Septimus Ozurk - Orsimer Sorcerer
  • dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    dylanjaygrobbelaarb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    @ZOS_GinaBruno why would you reduced the damage of Death stroke and its morph their no reason to use it now.DBOS completely overpowers it now.Why Nerf this ability damage when it can be dodge at least make it undodgeable if your reducing the damage .

is this a joke? so they change the damage type to be in line with cp system making it so you can increase the damage on stam build by 25% then you *** they "nerf it" by 4.5%. do you even have a brain, thats still a potential 20.5% increase in damage for the right build. and yes its slightly less for magica build, but like they arnt doing well enough.
  • Rune_Relic
    Rune_Relic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.

Agreed.
    Cost magicka scale off health
    Cost stamina scale off health

I find it amazing how ZOS has instantly realised how OP a stamina shield scaled off stamina is and yet has blinkers on regarding certain magicka shields.
    Edited by Rune_Relic on May 17, 2016 10:54AM
    Anything that can be exploited will be exploited
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an explanation behind the reasoning for increasing the drain poison effects to 60%? A lot of people (obvs, myself included) see this as a ridiculously unnecessary tweak so having an insight in to why such a change happened may alleviate some concerns.

Some theories...

1. Poison performance on PTS in actual game play is not meeting the target. This change fixes that.

2. The Combat Team is overworked, and it could take them a week to evaluate a single change and how it actually changes the game. This is a potential fix to poisons not meeting targets and they are using PTS to evaluate the change. This allows them to focus on other changes using internal testing.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • covenant_merchant
    covenant_merchant
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That poison change makes me want to uninstall the game and go cry in a corner over all the hours wasted on it. Seriously, there will be no conceivable way to purge & survive as a smallscaler out there, as has been said before.

Not everyone enjoys the 12-man bomb cells with deto, rapids, and bombard. As a soloing mana sorc with winterborn + valkyn, I can deal with shield nerf, I can work with dawnbreaker dealing physical damage, but I know I won't be able to survive if my skills cost me 60% more. And honestly, just thinking about that makes me depressed.
  • ZOS_DaryaK
    ZOS_DaryaK
    admin
    We've removed some spam from this discussion.
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Tamriel Unlimited - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Forum Rules | Code of Conduct | Terms of Service | Home Page | Help Site
    Staff Post
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Wow, just wow. The urge to be rude is so very hard to resist. Myself and others have been very constructive, and creative, in the sorc thread. Some good suggestions have been made for both stam and mag. I understand this is a stam patch, and as such don't really expect ground breaking changes on the mag side. That being said we don't even get an honorable mention in this incremental patch on the stam side.

Though I can't speak to others, this disgruntalment isn't going to make me throw my hands up and walk… primarily because you still got a little time to fix stam sorc and gain some good faith from sorcs. Also I've been waiting for DB since the announcement of eso years ago.

On that note, I feel the opportunity for a PvP aspect to DB and TG was missed. War is a veritable playground for thieves and assassins. I understand not everyone purchased these dlc, but why couldn't a campaign be made or set aside for eso plus members/ those that did purchase the dlc?
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Turbine
    Turbine
    I like the Stam Sorc, it was my first Class and since the first day im hoping after every patch that a big change is coming for the stam sorc that makes the class strong how a stam dk or stam.nb... but its every time the same every time...
  • EsoRecon
    EsoRecon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Quit nerfing my stamblade!
    Xbox One [ NA ]
    Gamertag - Zyzz II Legacy
    Stam Sorc & Stam NB PvP
    (I'm Just Here To 1vX)
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fix Crystal blast
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    Ajax_22 wrote: »

Stam Sorc is still the only stamina class that can have 2 good heals without having to fit 2-H into their build.

It's a good change and much more balanced.

DK is the only class that can reflect without fitting a one hand and Shield in their build. Maybe we should take that away.

NB is the only class with a reliable gap closer, and the only class with magic skill that gives Major Evasion. Maybe we should take those away.

Templar is the only class with a purge that you don't have to PvP for. They also have the only reliable magic heal that doesn't need a Resto Staff. Maybe we should take those away.

I think you are confused. I didn't say take anything away. Stamina Sorc still has it's own good heal even with the change. That said nothing about taking anything away.
  • LForce
    LForce
    ✭✭
    EsoRecon wrote: »

I feel more like:

Quit nerfing NB because of crying babies that are too lazy to learn how to play the game and rather come to the forum and cry about it!
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LForce wrote: »

I feel more like:

Quit nerfing NB because of crying babies that are too lazy to learn how to play the game and rather come to the forum and cry about it!

Oh you two! Come on now lol. NERF? This is now your game completely, ESO PvP belongs to the Nightblade, enjoy the keys to the kingdom. Every nerf BARELY affects you but every buff synergises with you better. Every neat new set is just there to buff the NB. Enjoy the game, and you don't have to try and make yourselves out to be hurting to make us feel better ( or to make yourself feel better for using the easy win class ) just enjoy yourselves and gank to your invisible hearts content.
    Edited by cpuScientist on May 17, 2016 4:48PM
  • kinggingernator
    kinggingernator
    ✭✭✭
    lathbury wrote: »
    Valrien wrote: »

Because when scaling with Mighty, it was doing way too much damage for being that cheap and getting a guaranteed CC effect, not to mention also increasing all damage done for a few seconds after the fact.

it wasnt doing way ott damage on its own. only when used with ambush this nerf isnt just the stam morph either its for the magicka one as well that has been scaling with magic since ever. The reason nobody complained about the magicka one is because lotus fan doesnt empower so it wasnt possible to do a 3 hit kill.
    You can Empower it with just about any Mages guild ability.

yes you can but that isnt the same burst from steath we were seing with the stam morph. because you would have to use something from the mages line which would mean lotus fan from steath/then weak mages skill/then soul harvest/then concealed weapon. compared to ambush from steath/empowered in cap strike/either execute or concealed weapon while stunned.
    Doing one extra ability like magelight before you use your ultimate isn't that big of a deal and just one extra step to get the same result and still hit harder on a magblade.Its pretty much the same thing for stamblade its Ambush fear incap execute, Magblade Lotus fan Magelight fear Soul harvest execute. Still a dead enemy not to mentioned that Magblade would have proxy going no need for a execute.

magblade has lower burst and the extra skils required gives time to shield or heal. also why would a stamblade even use fear after ambush the stun grants cc immunity? This just means every stam build will be running dbos and folks will still get burst down because the empower is to strong.

Ok idk what your talking about. Magblades have higher burst (>20k spectral bows) and ambush doesnt give cc immunity.
    Edited by kinggingernator on May 17, 2016 5:10PM
  • Silver_Strider
    Silver_Strider
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Because when scaling with Mighty, it was doing way too much damage for being that cheap and getting a guaranteed CC effect, not to mention also increasing all damage done for a few seconds after the fact.

it wasnt doing way ott damage on its own. only when used with ambush this nerf isnt just the stam morph either its for the magicka one as well that has been scaling with magic since ever. The reason nobody complained about the magicka one is because lotus fan doesnt empower so it wasnt possible to do a 3 hit kill.

yes you can but that isnt the same burst from steath we were seing with the stam morph. because you would have to use something from the mages line which would mean lotus fan from steath/then weak mages skill/then soul harvest/then concealed weapon. compared to ambush from steath/empowered in cap strike/either execute or concealed weapon while stunned.
    Doing one extra ability like magelight before you use your ultimate isn't that big of a deal and just one extra step to get the same result and still hit harder on a magblade.Its pretty much the same thing for stamblade its Ambush fear incap execute, Magblade Lotus fan Magelight fear Soul harvest execute. Still a dead enemy not to mentioned that Magblade would have proxy going no need for a execute.

magblade has lower burst and the extra skils required gives time to shield or heal. also why would a stamblade even use fear after ambush the stun grants cc immunity? This just means every stam build will be running dbos and folks will still get burst down because the empower is to strong.

Ok idk what your talking about. Magblades have higher burst (>20k spectral bows) and ambush doesnt give cc immunity.

Stamblade are getting a Disease version of Grim Focus so they'll do just as much much with Spectral Bows and an Ambush from stealth stuns.
    Argonian forever
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Assassin's Will requires 4 light attacks to proc and the proc expires when the Merciless buff wears off. The damage is bursty, yes, but it's a mid-combat burst that you can't preload.
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    LForce wrote: »

I feel more like:

Oh you two! Come on now lol. NERF? This is now your game completely, ESO PvP belongs to the Nightblade, enjoy the keys to the kingdom. Every nerf BARELY affects you but every buff synergises with you better. Every neat new set is just there to buff the NB. Enjoy the game, and you don't have to try and make yourselves out to be hurting to make us feel better ( or to make yourself feel better for using the easy win class ) just enjoy yourselves and gank to your invisible hearts content.
    Sir that's a lie and we all know that Sorcs are easy mode class.Also Stam DK are better gankers then Stam NB and their better for dueling then Stam NB.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Lolll, I kind of Wonder why you guys are not telling us what's left to be looked at when you post this patch notes for PTS. Obviously there's still a lot of stuff which hasn't been adress.

1. Poison are going to reduce the fun in PVP right ! I mean yes they will be making pvp experience feel more like high-end trial where you have to realise every specific détails going on but still is it the best thing ? I'm rooted like 30% of my time in Cyrodill and do Have like snare or stun being apply like 60-70% of my fight... am I going to have to deal with poison and stuff also ? I know poison is the new thing to overkill maestrom weapon in most type of scenario (oh ! add content for DB) and I also know that you have to make them so incredibly easy to use to the overall experience on pc and console stay the same but come on ! Put poison activation already with a timer (at least !) you want to be doing all those cool thing with poison go ahead but give up potion for that time.

2.Fighter guild expert hunter ! that's a given, this skill has been butchered down the drain since the new patch and the only reason why some people still remotly feel like it could be usefull is because of the 3% weapon domage. I know you wanted a new version of magelight for stamina but have you look at what use to be the pve morph ? once again come on ! You probably should have went for an increase to detection radius on this one and not the type where people cannot come back into cloak. Also you could have given that spell a usefull bonus, because once again the important bonus you've kept it on flawless dawnbreaker which kind of oblige us to use that ultimate in most pve build.

3. Class balance, Thaumaturge and Stemplar ... (not fix), but the fact that you always take more time to adress visual and stuff like that then actually wondering about the class system is kind of bad. I know @ZOS_RichLambert don't plan to add any new classes Inside the game but have you guys thought about not deconstructing those existing class at major update I don't mean like deconstructing, making them useless , but more draining one down while upgrading the other up (what's up with templar lately btw ? magika templar they have went from heal only to almost best overall class ? ? I know people coming from WoW are use to this: we are number one, one at the time (kind of patch system), but I was hoping that overall there could be Something better coming from Dev.

4. Champion point ! have you guys notice that the fact that champion point are either 25% or 15% is an issue currently ? Do you have the math to balance it actually ? Lowering Attack coming from CP by 10%, lowering ressource regeneration by 5% and also lowering ressource cost reduction by 2% should actually help out a lot !! for balance in the game. (Improve the legendairy bonus coming from set to help people catch up quicker then by grinding a 100cp)

5. Gear and itemization : Have you guys consider to create a gear progression that is somewhat linear and feel like an actual reward ? It's currently insulting that crafted and easy to get set are so much alike as the one from high-end dongeon or trial ? do you think you will adress that. I do feel like the new sanctum is better but still the Moondancer set is almost better on as a tanking set then a dps set since most tank actually have stuff to synergise while dps usually don't.

6. Gear and Itemization (part 2): I know you have adress the drop rate, but why ? I mean, I'm all good with increasing the drop rate, that's Something I'm a 100% fan of (except for Maestrom because most trait are useless and now with my 4 time a row drop a shield from leaderboard (which is PITA) I'll still have to keep on grinding as a dumie. But, I do feel like you guys should take time to look closely to the loot table you implemented Inside the game. There's a lot of stamina set that drop as a staff, there's a lot of magika set that drop bow and so forth so on. I do agree that sometimes those combination can fit some player but can't you wait for player to let you know about this before putting every single set up for everysingle player to catch. A friend of mine receive a Staff of Akatosh ! how weak is that ! Seriosly ! At least if trial pièces were all working both ways stamina and magika with them only being like ring and weapon (4 pièces). that could work but at the moment, it's just a lame excuse for what's to be call lack of interest.

So please make it work a little bit better as far as set and itemization, create weapon for spell-power cure, and all those wgt/icp set. Focus a little bit more on traits attribution for the different items and try to avoid wortheless pièces of equipement. You guys talk at PAX about bringing player that were testing the quest into dongeon and stuff but maybe you need people who are not so much interested in the grammar and who haven't read all the book of the game and some people that have actually grinded the game.

Take care

(EDIT): You guys definitly need to bring up what you are currently looking at Inside the patch note. I check @ZOS_JessicaFolsom post about the old set coming back into cyrodill and it did make me feel better about this last pts patch which is not satisfying in term of adjustment made.
    Edited by potirondb16_ESO on May 17, 2016 10:19PM