Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.3

• Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the history of this pts patch alone is one step forward (I was so pleasantly surprised by the initial patch notes), two steps back...

You bowed to the cryers again, killed surge, reverted bone shield, thus nerfed stam sorcs and probably made me quit with introducing a new zerg tool to kill the few pvp solo experiences I have with that 60% ressource increase poison.

Well done, ZOS, well done.

Maybe they just didn't bow to false quitters.
    "Assassination
    Death Stroke: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 4.5%
    Teleport Strike: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 6.5%."

Why you hate us so much?

Because NB's are OP and need balancing.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jaronking wrote: »
    LForce wrote: »
    EsoRecon wrote: »
    Quit nerfing my stamblade!

I feel more like:

Quit nerfing NB because of crying babies that are too lazy to learn how to play the game and rather come to the forum and cry about it!

Oh you two! Come on now lol. NERF? This is now your game completely, ESO PvP belongs to the Nightblade, enjoy the keys to the kingdom. Every nerf BARELY affects you but every buff synergises with you better. Every neat new set is just there to buff the NB. Enjoy the game, and you don't have to try and make yourselves out to be hurting to make us feel better ( or to make yourself feel better for using the easy win class ) just enjoy yourselves and gank to your invisible hearts content.
    Sir that's a lie and we all know that Sorcs are easy mode class.Also Stam DK are better gankers then Stam NB and their better for dueling then Stam NB.

Said no one ever.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel more like:

Quit nerfing NB because of crying babies that are too lazy to learn how to play the game and rather come to the forum and cry about it!

Oh you two! Come on now lol. NERF? This is now your game completely, ESO PvP belongs to the Nightblade, enjoy the keys to the kingdom. Every nerf BARELY affects you but every buff synergises with you better. Every neat new set is just there to buff the NB. Enjoy the game, and you don't have to try and make yourselves out to be hurting to make us feel better ( or to make yourself feel better for using the easy win class ) just enjoy yourselves and gank to your invisible hearts content.
    Sir that's a lie and we all know that Sorcs are easy mode class.Also Stam DK are better gankers then Stam NB and their better for dueling then Stam NB.

Said no one ever.
    Actually a lot of people have said that.you probably wouldn't know most Stam DK who Gank use Bows and snipe heavy attack kill people. Have you not seen the Stam DL one shot videos.
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭

I feel more like:

Said no one ever.
    Actually a lot of people have said that.you probably wouldn't know most Stam DK who Gank use Bows and snipe heavy attack kill people. Have you not seen the Stam DL one shot videos.

Look for those videos in the 'aliens are living in our hollow moon' section - similar fiction levels.
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    Can we have an explanation behind the reasoning for increasing the drain poison effects to 60%? A lot of people (obvs, myself included) see this as a ridiculously unnecessary tweak so having an insight in to why such a change happened may alleviate some concerns.

It was done like this:
    "OK guys, I'm not happy with the 30%. That 3 doesn't look right, any ideas?"
    "erm..."
    "I know, lets roll the class ability dice again!"
    "Good idea"
    "Rolling now...........it's a six!"
    "Ok change the 3 to a 6 and job done"
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Rakkul wrote: »

I feel more like:

Said no one ever.

Look for those videos in the 'aliens are living in our hollow moon' section - similar fiction levels.
    https://youtu.be/l6ByH952mvI
    https://youtu.be/-nGTj79dFGM

Here just two videos Alcast made a whole build for it.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Can we have an explanation behind the reasoning for increasing the drain poison effects to 60%? A lot of people (obvs, myself included) see this as a ridiculously unnecessary tweak so having an insight in to why such a change happened may alleviate some concerns.

It was done like this:
    "OK guys, I'm not happy with the 30%. That 3 doesn't look right, any ideas?"
    "erm..."
    "I know, lets roll the class ability dice again!"
    "Good idea"
    "Rolling now...........it's a six!"
    "Ok change the 3 to a 6 and job done"

Be thankful they were not using a 100 sided die.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 18, 2016 11:56AM
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭

I feel more like:

Said no one ever.

I looked through these but couldn't see any signs of aliens - I knew that was a bit far fetched.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel more like:

LOL Sorcs easy mode, is a lie out forth by NB who want to deflect attention. Even in the forums you all try to run... And as I never mentioned Live your deflection has no bearing. If it was even an argument before, it's not lol. NB master class easymode. Happy FOTM ganking...
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    To the few NB out there who try to be different from the herd. Good on you.
  • cpuScientist
    cpuScientist
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel more like:

Said no one ever.

Alcasts build is good and fun. And really does hit hard. But a better ganker than NB it does not make him.

No one at all can gank like a NB. They just have it very easy. I have one I know it's cheese, it's fun though I am not blaming anyone for using it, why go with other classes when you can be cool like sypher and them... Lol. But seriously I know NB were not always top dog, but ZOS keeps pushing the pendulum to them more and more. Sometimes unintentionally, and that does not mean that players need to be talked down too becuase they are NB like they have been long before they became FOTM well FOTY in this case since IC.
  • potirondb16_ESO
    potirondb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Well actually there's one slight difference between nightblade and dk in this example it's that nightblade can't make it work with a bow while dk can. Otherwise a magika nb make a better ganker now because of the aoe synergie he's been given as it has been shown by @Sypher but otherwise this particulare exemple don't declass nightblade just show how other build can achieve the same thing they do best.

Otherwise nightblade are sometime seen as annoying target but it does usually limit to that except for the really good one.
  • genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    The changes being made in the upcoming DLC have frustrated me and many others beyond belief. I cannot understand some of them. It feels like nothing we say matters. I hate that poisons are being introduced. I hate the nerfs and changes to so many abilities. I just don't understand why some of this is being done instead of focusing on other things in this game. For the first time since February of 2014 I feel that the disrespect to the player community has gone too far. If many of these changes aren't reversed or fixed, well this might just be the last time my account looks like this. I love this game. I have so much time invested in it. Not all change is bad, but some of the things the devs have done do not make any sense at all to me. I'm so disappointed so far with what DB is doing to the game.

fai47Db.png

@Wrobel your teams bad decisions are causing people to quit the game we enjoy to play. There is no indication to the community you guys are listening to the community, you have your own agendas and goals to probably attract NEW PLAYERS SO THEY CAN SPEND MONEY A LITTLE BEFOR THEY GET TIRED AND FRUSTRATED. The cycle goes on.

do you guys understand that you actually generate toxic environments and negativity in the community..... do you actually consider that.
  • lonewolf26
    lonewolf26
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Request: For next PTS update, and all future PTS testing, provide us templates which have reached the CP cap. It is impossible to test the changes to the CP system for tanking with specs similar to those we have available on live. Seems like common sense to have max cp available when testing CP changes.
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Kildayen wrote: »
    The changes being made in the upcoming DLC have frustrated me and many others beyond belief. I cannot understand some of them. It feels like nothing we say matters. I hate that poisons are being introduced. I hate the nerfs and changes to so many abilities. I just don't understand why some of this is being done instead of focusing on other things in this game. For the first time since February of 2014 I feel that the disrespect to the player community has gone too far. If many of these changes aren't reversed or fixed, well this might just be the last time my account looks like this. I love this game. I have so much time invested in it. Not all change is bad, but some of the things the devs have done do not make any sense at all to me. I'm so disappointed so far with what DB is doing to the game.

fai47Db.png

@Wrobel your teams bad decisions are causing people to quit the game we enjoy to play. There is no indication to the community you guys are listening to the community, you have your own agendas and goals to probably attract NEW PLAYERS SO THEY CAN SPEND MONEY A LITTLE BEFOR THEY GET TIRED AND FRUSTRATED. The cycle goes on.

do you guys understand that you actually generate toxic environments and negativity in the community..... do you actually consider that.

Man i came back after a break and i have seen the players of my Magicka DK ask for changes since i have been back the last 6 months. They refuse to listen to what needs to be done to help our class but then turn around and are nerfing us by taking abilites that we had to use to get any kind of burst damage away from us and even giving one of them to the 2 most OP classes in the game in Dawnbreaker. Them ignoring our Dragonblood and weak whip ability we have is about to make me unsub too. I bought this game on PC and on PS4 and its frustrating that they are completely ignoring what the ENTIRE magicka DK community is asking for to help our class not to be OP but be closer to atleast avg in PVP. But now they are giving stamina DKs a buff this patch and gear sets like the Tong set which is insanely OP.
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    If you're not aware how ZOS decides what to "fix" it goes something like this.

@Wrobel "Hey, what class do you want to play for the next quarter?"

@ZOS_GinaBruno "I was thinking of playing my stamina DK."

@Wrobel "That sounds fun. Let's fix them this patch then"

@ZOS_GinaBruno "Yeah, "fix" them."

Both laugh
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really no incite on any of this... zos response was to remove spam...
  • Aldruin
    Aldruin
    ✭✭✭
    Okay ZOS april's fools is over please release the normal patch notes.
  • Lucky28
    Lucky28
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel

Revert the changes to Surge: they are bad. the static heal is stale and not interesting at all regardless of how 'high' you might make the heal it does not make for engaging gameplay.

Revert the changes to shield duration

Revert the changes to Annulment: it should not absorb physical damage.

tone down the poisons by a lot.

The nerf to heals for Templar (jabs) and Nightblade (strife) also need to be reconsidered.

Since my initial testing on the PTS. i have not played my sorc at all. these Nerfs take too much away from the class particularly in the form of build diversity. Sorcs do not enjoy being stuck in the shield stacking playstyle and these changes don't fix that they have done the opposite. with these changes sorcs cannot seek an alternate playstyle outside shield stacking.

essentially with these changes you have killed every sorc build aside from the shield stacking burst build that people tend to hate. i don't know how you did it, but you've nerfed the wrong sorc builds.

I don't think two weeks is enough. this patch has too many problems too many imbalances. and honestly players are very tired of having to wait till the next big patch before things that are broken get fixed and there is a lot broken here.

Edited by Lucky28 on May 18, 2016 4:42PM
    Invictus
  • Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    So @ZOS_GinaBruno, was the change to CP display undocumented? I can't see anything in the patch notes.

If you are above 501 CP now, it just shows 501 CP instead:

7882b3974a.jpg.

Unless of course you have FTC/LUI-E and look at someone, then it shows the full value:

f0279a45a4.jpg

Was this change intended?
  • NBrookus
    NBrookus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    She said that they intended to make the display show 501, or whatever the current max cap was. Looks like they haven't updated the API add-ons use yet.
  • frozywozy
    frozywozy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Jaiden wrote: »
    CU is looking better and better and better

Well not really. I've yet to see anything past alpha videos and artwork promos.

This. lol
    Frozn - Stamdk - AR50
    Frosted - Magplar - AR50
    Frodn - Magden - AR50
    Warmed - Magblade - AR50
    Mmfrozy - Magsorc - AR44
    Necrozn - Magcro - AR32
    Twitch.TV/FrozyTV
    PvP Group Builds

“Small minds discuss people, average minds discuss events, and great minds discuss ideas.” -Eleanor Roosevelt
    • Fix Volendrung (spawn location - weapon white on the map causing the wielder to keep it forever - usable with emperorship)
    • Remove / Change CPs System, remove current CP/noCP campaigns and introduce one 30days with lock, one with no locks
    • Fix crashes when approaching a keep under attack because of bad / wrong rendering prioritization system
    • Change emperorship to value faction score points and not alliance points - see this and this
    • Fix long loading screens (mostly caused by players joining group out of rendering range)
    • Add 2 more quickslots to the wheel or add a different wheel for sieges weaponry only
    • Fix Balista Bolts not dealing damage on walls or doors if deployed at a certain place
    • Release bigger battlegrounds with 8 to 16 players per team and only two teams
    • Fix the permanent block animation - see examples : link1 link2 link3 link4 link5
    • Gives players 10 minutes to get back into Cyrodiil after relogging / crashing
    • Add a function to ignore the Claiming system of useless rewards
    • Improve the Mailing System / Rewards of the Worthy stacking
    • Assign specific group sizes to specific campaigns (24-16-8)
    • Make forward camps impossible to place near objectives
    • Make snares only available from ground effects abilities
    • Change emperorship to last minimum 24hours
    • Fix body sliding after cc breaking too quickly
    • Remove Block Casting through Battle Spirit
    • Fix the speed drop while jumping - see video
    • Fix loading screens when keeps upgrade
    • Fix Rams going crazy (spinning around)
    • Bring back dynamic ulti regeneration
    • Fix speed bug (abilities locked)
    • Introduce dynamic population
    • Lower population cap by 20%
    • Add Snare Immunity potions
    • Bring resurrection sickness
    • Fix character desync
    • Fix cc breaking bug
    • Fix gap closer bug
    • Fix health desync
    • Fix combat bug
    • Fix streak bug
    • Fix server lag
  • PainfulFAFA
    PainfulFAFA
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Buff crystal blast.
    PC NA
    Aztec | AZTEC | Ahztec | Aztehk | Master of Mnem
    MagDK | Magplar | Magward | Mageblade | Stamsorc

• Paulington
    Paulington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    NBrookus wrote: »
    She said that they intended to make the display show 501, or whatever the current max cap was. Looks like they haven't updated the API add-ons use yet.

Thank you @NBrookus, it's a long thread to sift through it all.

It's a good change I think. :smile:.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nightblade
    Assassination
    Death Stroke: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 4.5%
    Teleport Strike: Reduced the damage of this ability and its morphs by 6.5%.
    100% Glad to see tweaks like this. This is the kind of balance we need in this game. Anyone who harps at this change is ignorant to balance. The abilities were slightly over-tuned and these changes prove that. They are still very capable ability's and i for one will still be using them. Good work Dev's!

Vicious Death: Fixed an issue where this item set’s proc was appearing on the Death Recap of the player it triggered from.
    Glad this has been fixed. So many speculations that VD was broken because of this UI bug. Next on the list is to fix VD so it does not proc on siege weapons.
    We'll see how the Assassination nerfs play out. I don't mind seeing our burst potential reduced slightly, but it needs to be followed up by an increase to Stamina NB DPS. We're about to be crushed by Stamina DK godmode DPS...
    Vicious Death: Fixed an issue where this item set’s proc was appearing on the Death Recap of the player it triggered from.
    I'll believe it when I see it. :D
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KenaPKK wrote: »
    Did Soul Harvest, the magicka morph of Death Stroke, need to be nerfed with Incap Strike? Soul Harvest is hardly overperforming on live.......

I keep seeing this^
    Soul Harvest is buffed by Ele expert, Incap Strike is buffed by Mighty. Some people including ZOS now, have decided that Incap is OP...so how could Soul Harvest not be OP? It's essentially the same skill isn't it?
    It's the same skill, but weapon power stacking is better than magicka pool stacking. So for the same raw power, the "stamina" modifier is far greater than the "magicka" one, and Incap strike hit harder than soul harvest.
    Weap dmg + Stamina > Spell dmg + Magicka?
    Edited by kadar on May 18, 2016 5:37PM
  • RoyJade
    RoyJade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's the same skill, but weapon power stacking is better than magicka pool stacking. So for the same raw power, the "stamina" modifier is far greater than the "magicka" one, and Incap strike hit harder than soul harvest.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, that stamina shield would of been OP.

I didn't think so... Would have been like 8-10k on someone stacking max Stamina in Cyrodiil and cost more than 2 consecutive dodge rolls, so I doubt any top- tier players would run it. Imo, it would have ended up giving some of the less experienced players a chance to defend themselves. Well kind of. 8k is like two hits with anything.

In PVE it would have helped narrow the gap between over performing Magicka builds in vMA and some Stamina builds.
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I feel more like:

What is this NB you speak of? I play a Stamina :trollface: blade. Some people can't deal^