The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

PTS Patch Notes v2.4.3

• genjutsu_kami
    genjutsu_kami
    ✭✭✭
    Tyrannitar wrote: »
    You guys have 15 days until I unsub because of what you're doing to stam sorcs.

Crit surge is dead and everyone everywhere on the forums is telling you how to fix it. If you claim to listen to player feedback, actions speak louder than words, and every action you've taken has screamed "STOP RUNNING STAM SORC WE DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU WANT OR HOW TO DO IT".

Your customers have written multiple posts longer than your own patch notes solely explaining why surge got nerfed, and we include pictures.

I don't understand how to effectively communicate to you guys that @wrobel is killing 1/8th of this game and its' player-base.

(Assuming an equal amount of players play each class.)

That's not true though, as I'm sure half of your dev team runs stam dks. Not sure how else to explain the gap here.

You're nerfing me into unsubbing my favorite game of all time.

I was literally planning on getting a tattoo of the eso ouroboros. I've been playing for years.

If wrobel's changes are to stand, then I won't. (As in I won't stand. Who cares if I get the tattoo or not, but my sub will definitely be a thing of the past along with the old crit surge.)

the sad thing is i don't even think he cares @Wrobel we spend all our money on a game we enjoy we ask for changes that will make our gaming more enjoyable, needed changes.... yet were constantly overlooked. pffft heres me think joining the forum community will be a good way to communicate what we would like as gamers but its going to death ears. pfft.

now wonder people become fed up and just start trolling, ZOS creates negativity with their bad decisions they create toxi environments. stop ignoring us.
  • Alpheu5
    Alpheu5
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Does anyone even want poisons in the game?

I certainly won't be using them in my normal rotation. I feel like they're just a lazy way to "improve" your build without actually doing anything. Annoyed by magicka sorcerers? Just equip a 60% magicka cost increase poison on top of your shield breaker gear and you'll never have to use the keyboard to attack again.

On another note, if I anticipate that I'm going to become outnumbered, I'll more than happily equip a drain magicka poison to keep my resources up trying to defend against and assault multiple targets.
    Edited by Alpheu5 on May 16, 2016 9:03PM
    Dalek-Rok - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Shād - Argonian Nightblade || Dalek-Shul - Argonian Templar || Dalek-Xal - Argonian Dragonknight || Mounts-the-Snout - Argonian Warden || Dalek-Xul - Argonian Necromancer || Two-Spires - Argonian Arcanist || Dalek-Nesh - Argonian Sorcerer || Dalek-Kör - Argonian Dragonknight
    Don't incorporate bugs into your builds, and you won't have [an] issue.
  • FoxyKitten
    FoxyKitten
    ✭✭
    I keep asking and keep getting ignored.

Is Nightshade a Reagent in Dark Brotherhood?

If it is, where is it found?

I have mixed every reagent and solvent/oil in the game and can not get the "Creeping, Ravage health" poison.
    Edited by FoxyKitten on May 16, 2016 9:03PM
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    FoxyKitten wrote: »
    I keep asking and keep getting ignored.

Is Nightshade a Reagent in Dark Brotherhood?

If it is, where is it found?

I have mixed every reagent and solvent/oil in the game and can not get the "Creeping, Ravage health" poison.

Yes, it is - it spawns as a 'flower' like Blessed Thistle, Columbine etc.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• cschwingeb14_ESO
    cschwingeb14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »
    I think i saw someone reference getting 4-5k hps from surge on live.

Just stop. We get it. You're on a mission to nerf sorcs.

Surge on PTS has a theoretical maximum of about 4k HPS (now 2k hps in PvP) on a large-AE situation. Surge on live of course can hit 6-8k HPS in a steel tornado execute spam PvE situation.

IN REALITY, you are going to be getting less than 1k HPS from crit surge in pts PvP. That is terrible compared to Rally

But Sweeps can hit 20k HPS in that situation, both on live and PTS. Funnel spam provides a 25% damage lifetaps (at some point in IC i was getting 4-5k heal crits) in spam situations, with the benefit of a HoT and healing for allies. I don't have numbers for inhale spam, but that undoubtedly trumps Surge on PTS

Where did you get the numbers that Sweeps heals for 20k HPS in pvp?

My bad, the paragraphs are in the wrong order due to phone editing. The sweeps "20k situation" that I refer to is up one paragraph and is comparable to Surge-Steel Tornado execute spam providing 6-8k HPS on live in PvE
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Haven't seen any mention of Litany of Blood being fixed. Guess, it'll be left broken for launch D:
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice
  • Glantir
    Glantir
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for ignoring all the feedback in the Sorc Thread...

I wish ZoS would make a official statement what are they exactly plan with the Sorcerer class..... then we maybe could understand what they are doing patch by patch o.O .....
    Glantir Sorcerer ~ Ebonheart Pact (EU)
  • elven.were_wolf
    elven.were_wolf
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one upset about teleport strike and death stroke? :'(
    Achievement hunter and secret admirer of Naryu Virian.
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm I the only one upset about teleport strike and death stroke? :'(

No your not. Just slot Dawnbreaker of smiting and you would do more damage and hit more people.
  • SanSan
    SanSan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was hoping to see some changes to Dk's whip or something. bleh.
  • Kildayen
    Kildayen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The changes being made in the upcoming DLC have frustrated me and many others beyond belief. I cannot understand some of them. It feels like nothing we say matters. I hate that poisons are being introduced. I hate the nerfs and changes to so many abilities. I just don't understand why some of this is being done instead of focusing on other things in this game. For the first time since February of 2014 I feel that the disrespect to the player community has gone too far. If many of these changes aren't reversed or fixed, well this might just be the last time my account looks like this. I love this game. I have so much time invested in it. Not all change is bad, but some of the things the devs have done do not make any sense at all to me. I'm so disappointed so far with what DB is doing to the game.

fai47Db.png
  • Kalante
    Kalante
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This right here proves that they absolutely do not read feedback. What a waste of time. Nerf here and there, buff the poisons as if they arent op enough... like who is the people behind this game? did they ever made a game? You guys nerfed incapasitating strike great! now people are gonna go flawless dawnbreaker. Like what a great way to cut off your variaty good job guys. I am absolutely impressed how you guys take feedback and still do whatever you want. Next eso live i am gonna be so excited during the QNA section where you answer useless questions such as why is there a lack of malformed cagouti tusks drops that some guy was so worried about that he felt the need to ask and then another person from the zos team decided, "hmm this is a great question i am gonna pick it for answering". Why is there no higher malformed cagouti tusk drops? something so important and relevant to this game's core issues. Forget about the bugs and pvp broken framerate in pc and even worse on console, balance fixes like shields, skills, sets, bad group finder. Lets talk about malformed cagouti tusks instead. This literally feels like damage control at this point.
    Edited by Kalante on May 17, 2016 12:44AM
  • Xsorus
    Xsorus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I will always choose a 50 ultimate cost Heal Debuff over Dawnbreaker on my Nightblade....

• OGLezard
    OGLezard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My only question is this: if you are fighting a sorc or a permaderpblocker, do the cost increase poisons still apply? If they have a shield on or are blocking.
  • LegendaryArcher
    LegendaryArcher
    ✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_Finn Still not addressing THESE ISSUES with over 9 pages of concerns. Many of my online friends have already quit because of it. So did I, but many didn't follow me to Black Desert. Please stop this nonsense.
    PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates
  • Chori
    Chori
    ✭✭✭✭
    Cloak being fixed.

I keep hearing this since I remember starting to play this game lol
    EP NA-PC - Invictus - Odem Mortis
    1. Stamina NB Cat - ChoriB'Good
    2. Magicka NB High Elf - Lîndara
    3. Stam Sorc High Elf - Lindara Moonlight
    4. Red Guard Stamina DK - Chorî
    5. Red Guard Stamina Templar - Choripaninikinnie
    6. Magplar High Elf - Vagitarian Sillonour
    Don't tell me you lag, I play with 200-300 ms all the time ^_^
  • Costismaros
    Costismaros
    ✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.

@Mysteri0n

Yeah roll dodge forever with a massive shield....OK.

Stamina build dont need shield when dodge roll, dodge roll is not infinity . Oh and i have to mantion that as stamina build dodging the char cannot attack . So shields it is much better and magicka builds have infinity of them. They must give stamina shield it was good change.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    Mysteri0n wrote: »
    Stamina users finally get a decent shield and they revert it back, they should make it where all shields are scaled to your health.

@Mysteri0n

Yeah roll dodge forever with a massive shield....OK.

Yep, shield stack Hardened and Annulment (+Morphs) for 45K shields. Nothing wrong with that either :P
  • Mysteri0n
    Mysteri0n
    ✭✭✭
    Good Job Zos the PTS patch notes is turning into a goodbye Thread. The next Elder scrolls RPG we been waiting on is the elder scrolls online, good job ZOS
    Lore Council Conclave of Shadows, Trade Council in Knights Arcanum
    Officer Celestials of Nirn, Proud Member of Enders Jeesh .Stam Sorc Since Beta 2014
    #ARGONIANMASTERRACE
  • Neowit
    Neowit
    ✭✭✭
    In pvp I'm stuck debating whether I want to buff heavy attacks and weave Dizzying swing on my DK, or buff heavy attacks and weave Dizzying swing on my Stam Sorc. In pve, do I want to spam rapid strikes and DOT on my DK or on my Sorc? DK does more heavy attack damage, and has better available DOT. It would be nice if we could backpedal here, and address some more rudimentary issues like class diversity before moving on to the next DLC.
  • zuto40
    zuto40
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this is literally the worst update ive seen so far, nice job zenimax, way to drive off more players
    Stamblade- Legate
    Tank/Heals Templar- Sergeant
    Magic DK- Corporal
    Stam DK- Sergeant
    Stamplar- Corporal

YouTube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCy8uqORxhlrMh8oz2230s9g
  • flguy147ub17_ESO
    flguy147ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zakor wrote: »
    Wow....just wow...we got 11 pages of kinda great dk feedback now since 2.4 and you changed:
    1. visuals

Points that could and need to be addressed:
    • Obsidian Shard (Heal morph of stonefist)
    • Obsidian Shield (or at least igneous shard, huge punch in the face for healers...with a chair or something)
    • Dragonblood
    • Whip
    • Idle time of Inferno
    • Molten Weapons

Are you even reading the (sometimes really great) ideas over there? Because it doesn't seem like you do!
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Can you please confirm that this feedback has been read and discussed(!!!) internally? And with "this feedback" i mean any other suggestion than changing these visuals....

Dragon blood and Whip i think would fix magicka DKs in PVP. Buffing those 2 would make us up to speed with most other classes i think. Please fix these and the Magicka DK community will be super happy.
  • likelolwhat
    likelolwhat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Really the only thing I'm interested in for this patch is the changes to Death Stroke and Tele Strike + morphs. Of course I'm worried, but I hardly think its the end of the world.

I'm going to go see if my usual rotation is still workable. I don't have neuroses about getting max damage or whatever, and I don't PvP, so I don't understand why everyone has to throw themselves to the ground and scream over this.
    Not to mention, this patch has no content. It will be effectively the same as Thieves Guild content, MINUS THE TRIAL. [...] Congratulations, you'll have played through this new update in 2 hours and be left waiting another 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!! before you have something (maybe) new to do in game.

Okay, this is just a stupid argument.

Maybe the solution to people finishing DLC so fast is to.... not finish DLC so fast. Hmm? Finishing Orsinium or TG in two hours (or less) and I'm just like... HOW? Do you ever remember any of it? Did you bother to read any of the dialogue or hunt for Thieves Troves or anything??? I'm baffled how someone could say that they have 'finished' either (and DB, as I have played a bit on the PTS) in 2-3 hours. D'you mean the main quests only? I could see that, maybe.

Regardless, hurtling headlong through good, solid content and then throwing a fit that it wasn't, gods forbid, longer is just dumb. Change your behavior instead of whining that the devs should create even more labor-intensive (on their end) things for you to do. Faster, better, more often, etc.... Just stop it.
    Forever looking for that one avatar that no one else has...

The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - the definitive source for Elder Scrolls info. Proud founding member of the official PC UESP guild, NA server.
  • Valrien
    Valrien
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Really the only thing I'm interested in for this patch is the changes to Death Stroke and Tele Strike + morphs. Of course I'm worried, but I hardly think its the end of the world.

I'm going to go see if my usual rotation is still workable. I don't have neuroses about getting max damage or whatever, and I don't PvP, so I don't understand why everyone has to throw themselves to the ground and scream over this.
    Not to mention, this patch has no content. It will be effectively the same as Thieves Guild content, MINUS THE TRIAL. [...] Congratulations, you'll have played through this new update in 2 hours and be left waiting another 3 months!!!!!!!!!!!! before you have something (maybe) new to do in game.

Okay, this is just a stupid argument.

Maybe the solution to people finishing DLC so fast is to.... not finish DLC so fast. Hmm? Finishing Orsinium or TG in two hours (or less) and I'm just like... HOW? Do you ever remember any of it? Did you bother to read any of the dialogue or hunt for Thieves Troves or anything??? I'm baffled how someone could say that they have 'finished' either (and DB, as I have played a bit on the PTS) in 2-3 hours. D'you mean the main quests only? I could see that, maybe.

Regardless, hurtling headlong through good, solid content and then throwing a fit that it wasn't, gods forbid, longer is just dumb. Change your behavior instead of whining that the devs should create even more labor-intensive (on their end) things for you to do. Faster, better, more often, etc.... Just stop it.

Because for some people, story isn't content. Actually content that you can run, is challenging, and that you are rewarded for is content. For some people story is just filler in the place of content.
    Valrien Dravic -- Level 50 Dunmeri Sorcerer (EP)
    Garahel Dravic -- Level 50 Bosmeri Nightblade (EP)
    Tamriel Unlimited was a mistake. One Tamriel was a bigger mistake
  • GreatWhite000
    GreatWhite000
    ✭✭✭
    The 60 percent additional resource cost from poisons will kill what little is left of small scale. Sad. Because this was not necessary.

I'm not worried about how it will effect literal small scale (small group vs. small group), I'm more worried about my small group going up against giant groups/zergs that are using poisons. Any time some ridiculously overpowered feature or skill is introduced to the game it just becomes a way for zergs to overpower the small group players. Prox det, the skill meant to bust zergs, is a skill used by ball groups/zergs to ensure that nobody will live if they get too close. Poisons such as increasing ability costs will surely have a similar effect.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Good, that stamina shield would of been OP.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • Hadan_of_Rift
    Hadan_of_Rift
    ✭✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    That is bloody nonsense. Surge used to work as the portion of the damage done. It proc'ed off of any direct damage ability, but in exchange, it required a crit to proc. Effectively, Surge used to work just like Sweeps and Strife.

It didn't work exactly like Sweeps or Strife, but in terms of actual gameplay experience it effectively worked like those skills.

It amazes me that you continue to try to arbitrarily twist Surge into something that it wasn't so that it could support your broken logic. *SNIP*

I got a huge laugh out of this nonsense . Yes it works just like sweeps or strife if you could use an ability that did twice the damage instead and still get the same heal as sweeps or strife.

The current Crit surge is now very similar to Rally:

It gives major sorcery vs major brutality
    It gives a heal over time vs heal over time
    While it doesn't have a second activation heal, it does give a bigger heal each tick.

Stam Sorc is still the only stamina class that can have 2 good heals without having to fit 2-H into their build.

It's a good change and much more balanced.
    Edited by Hadan_of_Rift on May 17, 2016 2:59AM
  • Tyrannitar
    Tyrannitar
    ✭✭✭
    code65536 wrote: »
    That is bloody nonsense. Surge used to work as the portion of the damage done. It proc'ed off of any direct damage ability, but in exchange, it required a crit to proc. Effectively, Surge used to work just like Sweeps and Strife.

It didn't work exactly like Sweeps or Strife, but in terms of actual gameplay experience it effectively worked like those skills.

It amazes me that you continue to try to arbitrarily twist Surge into something that it wasn't so that it could support your broken logic. *SNIP*

I got a huge laugh out of this nonsense . Yes it works just like sweeps or strife if you could use an ability that did twice the damage instead and still get the same heal as sweeps or strife.

The current Crit surge is now very similar to Rally:

It gives major sorcery vs major brutality
    It gives a heal over time vs heal over time
    While it doesn't have a second activation heal, it does give a bigger heal each tick.

Stam Sorc is still the only stamina class that can have 2 good heals without having to fit 2-H into their build.

It's a good change and much more balanced.

Not anymore. Even rally ticks for higher and the spike heals and utility of rally forces us into 2H again.

Crit surge used to be viable. Not anymore. Take it from someone who plays the class, and not from your own theorycrafting
    Edited by Tyrannitar on May 17, 2016 3:48AM
    My Cat Two Chainz (Main) - AD Stam Sorc
    Post Malone - AD Mag Blade
    Ba'al Sahk- AD Stam DK
    Vampy Cat- AD Perma-WW Templar
    610 CP as of 12/12/2016
  • Mojomonkeyman
    Mojomonkeyman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Wow, the history of this pts patch alone is one step forward (I was so pleasantly surprised by the initial patch notes), two steps back...

You bowed to the cryers again, killed surge, reverted bone shield, thus nerfed stam sorcs and probably made me quit with introducing a new zerg tool to kill the few pvp solo experiences I have with that 60% ressource increase poison.

Well done, ZOS, well done.
    Koma Grey, Chocolate Thunder, Little Mojo, Dagoth Mojo & Mojomancy
  • Mettaricana
    Mettaricana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Does anyone even want poisons in the game?

I used to want poisons but now they seem moronic broken