Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.2 on the PTS on Monday at 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    It would appear that what we have now is what we get, at least it's an improvement over the original plan.

Sigh - it's another sad day for enchanters :(
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Elephant42 wrote: »
    It would appear that what we have now is what we get, at least it's an improvement over the original plan.

Sigh - it's another sad day for enchanters :(

While I agree it's an improvement, it still forces reliance on in-game vendors for serious crafters, since potency scaling is universal, rather than just in battle-leveled areas. If you don't have an alt of the appropriate character level or crafting level, you aren't going to be able to harvest certain potency runes, which means you'll have to buy them to make gear for other players or start requiring players to provide them for you.

So really, they are only allowing us to harvest a limited range of potencies, unless someone has an alt of every crafting level/character level range to be able to harvest all of the potencies, which isn't possible. Well, maybe it's possible with extra character slots, but then you have to keep all those alts stuck at the various levels.
  • svartorn
    svartorn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Does anyone at ZOS even play this game? I legitimately don't think they do. This game is riddled with bugs and flaws and you direct your attention to making enchanting more expensive?
    Edited by svartorn on May 23, 2016 9:33PM
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Jayne_Doe wrote: »

So really, they are only allowing us to harvest a limited range of potencies, unless someone has an alt of every crafting level/character level range to be able to harvest all of the potencies, which isn't possible. Well, maybe it's possible with extra character slots, but then you have to keep all those alts stuck at the various levels.

Agree, and I was leveling the last of my crafter Alts to VR1 for the VR removal but now that is a definite choice to leave them as they are just to be able to harvest anything lower. Now we have to choose between Highest Rune Hirelings or Harvesting Lower Runes.

Combined with the inability to maintain certain types of Craglorn Writs with Orsinium DLC and it is...meh!

And a PSA reminder, if you plan to use the Crafter Bag, unless you get all the selling/trading/mailing of craft materials done while on that character, as soon as you switch characters and come back, all those items are auto put back to Crafter Bag.

Edited by SpAEkus on May 23, 2016 9:41PM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »

Agree, and I was leveling the last of my crafter Alts to VR1 for the VR removal but now that is a definite choice to leave them as they are just to be able to harvest anything lower. Now we have to choose between Highest Rune Hirelings or Harvesting Lower Runes.

Combined with the inability to maintain certain types of Craglorn Writs with Orsinium DLC and it is...meh!

And a PSA reminder, if you plan to use the Crafter Bag, unless you get all the selling/trading/mailing of craft materials done while on that character, as soon as you switch characters and come back, all those items are auto put back to Crafter Bag.

I just wish they would come out and say what they are trying to do. There was a Dev on ESO Live and a lot of what he said made no sense to me at all. 1 + Orange = Coffee

What really really sucks about all of this is that they are probably going to do this across ALL crafting. You farm only what you "need", as determined by the combat level or the amount of points invested.
    ESO Plus: No
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    What really really sucks about all of this is that they are probably going to do this across ALL crafting. You farm only what you "need", as determined by the combat level or the amount of points invested.
    Which is crazy because I remember how we had something like this going with early provisioning. We could only find recipes and ingredients relative to character level rather than zone level. It didn't work out all that well and resulted in them having to do a major overhaul.

It doesn't make sense to try going this route again as it was largely a failure when they tried it out before.
    Edited by Fruitmass on May 24, 2016 1:56AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    It seems to me that implementing potency scaling to all areas is designed so that they can still keep their original plan for players to have to rely on in-game vendors for potencies. Which hints at an eventual plan to have mimic potency runes for sale in the Crown Store.

If not this, then there is still something else that they aren't telling us. Frankly, when I read their reasons for changing the system to increase player participation it sounded like a PR piece - meaning, they aren't telling us the real reason but coming up with other reasons that seem plausible on an initial read - but we're all really too smart for that and started picking it apart right away, offering other more plausible solutions to their reasons for changing the system.

Since there has been ZERO response to this thread since the announced change to allow potencies to once again be harvested, it seems to me that this is the way it's gonna be 'cuz they've got some ulterior motive in mind that they haven't shared with us.

This is what I believe too. It just makes no sense that (make crafting easier) = (force you to buy potency runes). What does make sense is (Need another gold sink to cool down the economy) = (force you to buy potency runes) and so that is what I suspect. And I think they are afraid to tell us outright that is what they are doing. They don't like telling us that kind of thing (at least I have never seen them admit to it) but I think it would be better to be up-front with us about it.

Yeah, we understand they need to keep things in check and running along in game. Yeah, we understand they need to sell some stuff in the crown store to pay salaries and keep the lights on. We can handle it. In fact, we might even have some ideas and suggestions of better ways to do it (less disruptive but still accomplishes the goal). For example, just ask people what they want to see in the crown store and they will tell you exactly what would make them say, "Shut up and take my money!"
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    There are still 4 things almost all of us agree on:

1. Stop flooding us with TAs; they are not good for anything but writs. Either drastically change the drop ratio of aspect runes or let us combine TAs into something more useful (like better aspect runes).
    2. Tell us what problem you are actually trying to solve, even if you think we won't like it. We can cope with it and we probably have better suggestions/solutions.
    3. Make all harvesting nodes all-or-nothing. Take or don't take. Don't let people leave the TAs, the worms, etc.
    4. Don't implement the enchanting changes as they are now. They are not better than what we have on live.
    Edited by ContraTempo on May 24, 2016 2:52AM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As pointed out recently, there has been ZERO response from ZOS after their initial "fix" to allow the 1/3 chance of a potency dropping from the new runes. After that patch dropped, I honestly feel like the devs considered the enchanting changes final and stopped reading this thread and any feedback from us; otherwise, there would've been some sort of explanation as to why the new nodes scale in ALL zones and not just in the DLC\Cyrodiil. As it stands now, there is no way a Master Enchanter can harvest lower level potencies for alts, friends or guildmates - this goes against the spirit of harvesting and crafting to date in this game and represents a major paradigm shift in their approach to crafting.

Whether this whole fiasco is due to negligence or some more nefarious plan such as Crown Store sales of a generic potency rune is anybody's guess since ZOS has been MIA from this thread since the PTS "fix" was put in a few weeks ago.
    Edited by BergisMacBride on May 24, 2016 5:35AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As pointed out recently, there has been ZERO response from ZOS after their initial "fix" to allow the 1/3 chance of a potency dropping from the new runes. After that patch dropped, I honestly feel like the devs considered the enchanting changes final and stopped reading this thread and any feedback from us; otherwise, there would've been some sort of explanation as to why the new nodes scale in ALL zones and not just in the DLC\Cyrodiil. As it stands now, there is no way a Master Enchanter can harvest lower level potencies for alts, friends or guildmates - this goes against the spirit of harvesting and crafting to date in this game and represents a major paradigm shift in their approach to crafting.

Whether this whole fiasco is due to negligence or some more nefarious plan such as Crown Store sales of a generic potency rune is anybody's guess since ZOS has been MIA from this thread since the PTS "fix" was put in a few weeks ago.

While it has not been zero response, they have definitely not been talking it up a lot. They managed to get a few enchanting words in edgewise during the last ESO Live, but the conversation dragged back to poisons and alchemy.

They were not happy that enchanting was not being adopted as much as other skills. They were concerned that people were not using weapon enchants. They feel that an increase in weapon enchant power will drive people to enchanting and they think that drowning us in resources will make up for the painfully slow leveling of enchanting.

As far as Potency rune scaling goes, I think they are feeling that if players want some Potency rune that the game does not provide during farming can just be purchased. This merchant option removes all responsibility for making runes available in the world, and also puts a limit on players selling them to each other. So, the fact that enchanters cannot farm what they need to enchant at the level they NEED to enchant, rather than their skill or combat level, is not an issue because they can just run past Walmart and pick up what they need.

Now they have added the ability to enchant upwards, enchanters might be farming at CP 160 but actually need CP 150 because they are not running top weapons and armor. Again, the merchant will sell those runes, eliminating the need for ZOS to even think twice about not being able to farm that rune.

But, I think your assertion is right. The "Crafting Guy" has pretty much decided what he wants to do. He backed off on having Potency runes not being farmable, and he is now done and moved on to other things, now. If we want runes outside of our farmable range, we can buy them from merchants.

I play this game primarily for crafting related reasons, and this is a bad DLC for me. I think I will be much more constrained in how I create enchantments for other characters. I still need Potency runes for levels 1-49, even though I am CP 160. I am not seeing much of a need for CP 10 - CP 140 anything. Only leveling crafters and first time players will be passing through those.

The insistence on itemization based on Champion Level has left an awkward gameplay gap there. They should have scaled the level 1-VR16 crafting to level 1-49 and kept crafting and itemization out of Champion. Champion Points should have made the Level 50 gear better, not set the bar regarding what can be equipped.

• Enodoc
    Enodoc
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They were not happy that enchanting was not being adopted as much as other skills. They were concerned that people were not using weapon enchants. They feel that an increase in weapon enchant power will drive people to enchanting and they think that drowning us in resources will make up for the painfully slow leveling of enchanting.
    I don't see why they think that forcing enchanters to buy the runes that they need (when those runes are at a different level to the player) is going to encourage people to take up enchanting. One of the reasons for being a crafter is to make gold from your sales. If people can't easily get what they need from nodes in the world, they won't spend gold to buy the mats, they just won't bother enchanting at all.
    UESP: The Unofficial Elder Scrolls Pages - A collaborative source for all knowledge on the Elder Scrolls series since 1995
    Join us on Discord - discord.gg/uesp
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    I don't see why they think that forcing enchanters to buy the runes that they need (when those runes are at a different level to the player) is going to encourage people to take up enchanting. One of the reasons for being a crafter is to make gold from your sales. If people can't easily get what they need from nodes in the world, they won't spend gold to buy the mats, they just won't bother enchanting at all.

Well, with regard to enchanting, one of my problems is that they aren't making sense. They obviously have some line of thinking and I am finding it hard to follow it. They list out all of the reasons, but the actions don't match the reasons.

I like enchanting, so I tend to always have characters that can do it. I use enchanting more than I use alchemy and provisioning. Leveling enchanting is a pain, not because I don't have the runes I need, but simply because those runes don't take me very far. It is much easier to level enchanting passively by deconstructing than it is to do writs and make enchantments.

Scaling crafting nodes sounds terrific on ZOS spreadsheets, but working around the system is a challenge. I level crafting by collecting materials in advance of my need. When I think I have enough, I put that point into the skill and start drawing from my reserves. This allows me to transition crafting material levels seamlessly. I found out when I got to the Wrothgar mats that this did not work. I could not collect in advance, so I had to increase my skill. Only then could I get the materials I needed. Game mechanics got in the way, and the game mechanics are just there to be mechanics. As a player in Elder Scrolls, I am used to being able to collect materials from the game world, even if I don't know how to use them.

Edit: Must have finger checked on the last paragraph:

Dark Brotherhood does flood me with Essence and Aspect runestones, but it does not fix anything else about leveling enchanting. Buying enchantments is still the way to go, and with the increased enchantment power, there is more reason to buy enchantments than ever. While I have not sold enchantments in the past, I am considering it after Dark Brotherhood. I think it will be slightly harder for some players to find the enchantments they need. In the past, they just ignored enchantments, but with DB they will be looking for them.

Edited by Elsonso on May 24, 2016 1:24PM
  • Bombo
    Bombo
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno

Could you give us an official statement regarding the potency rune scaling? In the end I can work with both, although I think the scaling should behave the same as with any other harvestable materials. I just haven't heard or read anything official if the current behavior on PTS is intended and there to stay. Thanks!

And best wishes to @ZOS_GinaBruno, if she's already busy delivering a child! :smile:
    Edited by Bombo on May 24, 2016 2:30PM
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    svartorn wrote: »
    Does anyone at ZOS even play this game? I legitimately don't think they do. This game is riddled with bugs and flaws and you direct your attention to making enchanting more expensive?

The answer is no. The people we often hear from who are the decision makers lien @Wrobel don't really play the game on live servers with the rest of us.

And those who do, seem to be so full of themselves that their ideas have to be implemented vs listening to feedback especially during PTS.
    But I've uninstalled PTS and i think I'm done for real.
    Basically the last 3 big updates that have been on PTS, ZOS literally had intentionally ignored feedback and unveiled no logic or direction as to why.

Now this whole crafting change and VR to CP conversion further tells me that they aren't looking to fix the game, there are nothing more than one of those elitist guilds who just happen to be devs and they are making a game for certain ppl and not for the feedback of others largely who test this stuff.
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭

While it has not been zero response, they have definitely not been talking it up a lot. They managed to get a few enchanting words in edgewise during the last ESO Live, but the conversation dragged back to poisons and alchemy.

As far as Potency rune scaling goes, I think they are feeling that if players want some Potency rune that the game does not provide during farming can just be purchased. This merchant option removes all responsibility for making runes available in the world, and also puts a limit on players selling them to each other. So, the fact that enchanters cannot farm what they need to enchant at the level they NEED to enchant, rather than their skill or combat level, is not an issue because they can just run past Walmart and pick up what they need.

Now they have added the ability to enchant upwards, enchanters might be farming at CP 160 but actually need CP 150 because they are not running top weapons and armor. Again, the merchant will sell those runes, eliminating the need for ZOS to even think twice about not being able to farm that rune.

But, I think your assertion is right. The "Crafting Guy" has pretty much decided what he wants to do. He backed off on having Potency runes not being farmable, and he is now done and moved on to other things, now. If we want runes outside of our farmable range, we can buy them from merchants.

I play this game primarily for crafting related reasons, and this is a bad DLC for me. I think I will be much more constrained in how I create enchantments for other characters. I still need Potency runes for levels 1-49, even though I am CP 160. I am not seeing much of a need for CP 10 - CP 140 anything. Only leveling crafters and first time players will be passing through those.

The insistence on itemization based on Champion Level has left an awkward gameplay gap there. They should have scaled the level 1-VR16 crafting to level 1-49 and kept crafting and itemization out of Champion. Champion Points should have made the Level 50 gear better, not set the bar regarding what can be equipped.

Best explanation I have seen, too bad it did not come from someone at ZOS. But if the goal really really for realz is to remove potency runes as an obstacle it would be far, far better to use one of the various suggestions for eliminating or replacing the potency rune.

I still like the idea of using a polarity rune so all you have to decide is whether the glyph will be + or -. The level of the glyph could be handled in various ways. For example, just let the enchanter choose any level at or below what his Potency Improvement skill allows him to make. Or make all glyphs usable on any level gear, but the max effect equals that of the enchanter's max Potency Improvement skill and on any lower level gear the enchantment scales down. The advantage of the latter method is that buying an enchantment would be much easier.

If the goal is to make becoming a master enchanter easier, just increase the skill gain from enchanting and decon.

These concepts are simple and obvious.

ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

• bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    When ZOS makes a change like this, to something that was not broken, you can bet it has nothing to do with helping players or increasing accessibility.
    Remember they initially removed potency runes from the game altogether to push us to buy them. Why would they do that ? It does not increase accessibility, but makes it much harder to level enchanting, as you will not find what you need as you are questing/exploring. Even worse for low level/new players as they will not have the gold to spend on the hundreds of runes they would need to level up the skill.

So for damage control after the uproar about that change here, they revert that by telling us we have a 1/3 of a chance for a potency on each node, but then scale them to level/skill. Why? No other crafting material outside of Wrothgar/Hew's Bane works that way. Scaling them to skill/level still makes it impossible for max enchanters to get what they need for making lower level glyphs. And all max enchanters I know make tons of lower level glyphs for selling/friends etc.
    They want to make them rare to push us to buy them.

The only reason for this change to enchanting is so they can sell runes on the crown store. A "Crown Potency Rune" that scales to whatever level you need will appear at DB launch or soon after. It will be "an experiment," for "convenience." And the start of the monetisation of crafting.

They pretty much avoided the issue on ESO Live and moved to other stuff quickly, after a scripted few sentences about how lots of people don't enchant their weapons. I don't believe anything I hear on that useless pr fluff anyway.
    They obviously really want to make this change to enchanting and I guess it's goodbye to seeing potency runes out in the wild.
    Player feedback means nothing.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    bunnytrix wrote: »
    When ZOS makes a change like this, to something that was not broken, you can bet it has nothing to do with helping players or increasing accessibility.
    Remember they initially removed potency runes from the game altogether to push us to buy them. Why would they do that ? It does not increase accessibility, but makes it much harder to level enchanting, as you will not find what you need as you are questing/exploring. Even worse for low level/new players as they will not have the gold to spend on the hundreds of runes they would need to level up the skill.

So for damage control after the uproar about that change here, they revert that by telling us we have a 1/3 of a chance for a potency on each node, but then scale them to level/skill. Why? No other crafting material outside of Wrothgar/Hew's Bane works that way. Scaling them to skill/level still makes it impossible for max enchanters to get what they need for making lower level glyphs. And all max enchanters I know make tons of lower level glyphs for selling/friends etc.

The only reason for this change to enchanting is so they can sell runes on the crown store. A "Crown Potency Rune" that scales to whatever level you need will appear at DB launch or soon after. It will be "an experiment," for "convenience." And the start of the monetisation of crafting.

They pretty much avoided the issue on ESO Live and moved to other stuff quickly, after a scripted few sentences about how lots of people don't enchant their weapons. I don't believe anything I hear on that useless pr fluff anyway.
    They obviously really want to make this change to enchanting and I guess it's goodbye to seeing potency runes out in the wild.

@bunnytrix
    I largely agree with your comment but here is where I differ.
    I don't believe its directed towards crown store listings. Now, I'm not saying I don't forsee enchanting being in the crown store but to be clear, there is more at play.

-Crafting Bags with ESO Plus only
    -removal of VR but the zones still provide the old VR zone nodes (in many cases)
    -scaling that is more complex to understand where to gather items
    -adding materials into an NPC vendor
    -removing items from the crown store
    -the large amount of temporarily listed crown items
    -adding character slots

The whole point of this particular change as well as prior changes is solely to drive the amount of daily log-insand pro-long the time it takes to progress in the core 1-50 environment but allow a false progression in the post-50 environment.

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The Crafting Guy has a reason for doing this, and has not explained why. I figure one unstated reason is because we do not "need" to farm across the whole spectrum. The merchant sells whatever we cannot farm, which allows them to set the price for a nice a gold sink and place a bar in the way to keep people from easily crafting the new, more powerful, enchantments. In addition to this, people leveling enchanting, and single player game people, will only need to farm what they can craft because they are crafting to immediately consume, either for a writ or for themselves. Lastly, I think that the long term goal for ZOS is the entire world be leveled like this for all crafting materials. This change puts Potency in alignment with the rest of the game, just a little sooner than the rest of the game.

Ultimately, I think there are some competing play styles related to crafting and ZOS is siding more with the solitary self-sufficient player who just needs to create enchantments for their own personal use. I have no problem with the play style, and it might be the dominate play style in this single player MMO. It is sad that these changes come at the expense of the enchanters who enchant for others or supply runes for profit.

As to whether they will eventually be putting direct crafting resources in the Crown Store? It is hard to say. Given the proper amount of desperation, they can do anything they want. The real question is how badly management wants to leverage this.
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    This whole thing makes me sad:
    • asking for feedback and not listening to it
    • not giving any kind of explanation that makes sense
    • as an indication of the direction ZOS might be planning to take with crafting

I feel like the crafting system is one of the things that makes this game unique, it is definitely one aspect that I love, and I'm afraid they are starting down the road to ruining things. :(

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I would still really appreciate an answer as to why Zos has decided to treat enchanting completely differently from other crafts making the barrier for entry higher as now new players are not only confused that harvesting for enchanting is entirely different (scaling), but it is also a gold sink.

"Unlike any other craft in ESO the potency rune which determines the level of the glyph, will only ever scale to your character or crafting level. Non-scaling zones also do this so there is no way other than purchasing runes for gold to get runes outside of you crafting or character level"

Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
  • ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    Community Manager
    Just a quick note for those of you who have asked about the crafting nodes in Cadwell's Silver and Gold. We’re currently exploring options to bring the crafting nodes found in Cadwell’s Silver and Gold zones in-line with the new levels for those areas. Any changes to these crafting nodes will be after Dark Brotherhood launches, but we are working on it. Thanks for your feedback!
    Jessica Folsom
    Associate Director of Community - ZeniMax Online Studios
    Facebook | Twitter | Twitch | Tumblr | Instagram | YouTube | Support
    Staff Post
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Just a quick note for those of you who have asked about the crafting nodes in Cadwell's Silver and Gold. We’re currently exploring options to bring the crafting nodes found in Cadwell’s Silver and Gold zones in-line with the new levels for those areas. Any changes to these crafting nodes will be after Dark Brotherhood launches, but we are working on it. Thanks for your feedback!

Can you not just change things back to how it was before and how it still is with all other crafts? I don't think I've ever seen all your customers on the forums universally agree on anything before this thread.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom This seems an odd statement. Are you referring to crafting nodes in general or to runestone nodes in particular? The way I understand it, runestone nodes across the board, including Silver/Gold zones, are now scaled to your character level/crafting level in regard to the potency runes. Thus, there's no reason to have to address the node levels in Silver/Gold with respect to rune nodes.

However, if you're referring to the issue that the other crafting nodes haven't been updated to reflect the CR levels of the zone, then that's entirely separate from the issue we've been raising in this thread. And, I find it strange that you would finally post a response in this thread only to have it be something that isn't related to the main issue being raised.
    Edited by Jayne_Doe on May 25, 2016 6:16PM
  • code65536
    code65536
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

That's great to hear. Though I am disappointed that this mismatch of levels is going Live. And just to be sure, you're talking about stuff like solvents, ores, wood, hides, and cloths, right?
    Nightfighters ― PC/NA and PC/EU

Dungeons and Trials:
    Personal best scores:
    Dungeon trifectas:
    Media: YouTubeTwitch
  • Helluin
    Helluin
    ✭✭✭

Materials of previous tier are required in crafting writs, if you apply something similar, you should change crafting writs accordingly.
    "... and the blue fire of Helluin flickered in the mists above the borders of the world, in that hour the Children of the Earth awoke, the Firstborn of Ilúvatar."
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Wouldn't be relevent of ZOS actually removed Vet ranks. Then every crafting mat would just be Champion instead of CP10-40, etc, like anyone is going to be at these levels for long enough to want to craft. Those with a single v16 won't be able to use them EVER again. So they'll get reduced xp and worthless mats if they do Silver ... so they won't.

CP catch up, xp pots, ESO plus bonus exp ... Silver = almost worthless area. DLC scale. When ZOS raises the CP cap these area will need re-scaled or become completely worthless again. Like Silver, Gold, Craglorn and Trials (oh and the value of AP) have been for the last 8 months or so.

How about ZOS make every thing outside your main faction CP 6000 and Battle Scale everyone so you never have to re-scale and lose content again?

Why not include the main faction and then NO content will ever be out leveled?

Every quest will always be your level.

Every mob will always be appropriate difficulty, etc.

What a wonderful world that would be.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom
    In the exploration, will this be for "ALL" nodes or certain types of nodes?
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@ZOS_JessicaFolsom

Nice to see someone from ZOS respond to this thread after such a long hiatus.

That being said, your response seems to me to be completely missing the point of most of the posters after the "fix" to potencies was introduced. The concern is that for ALL zones, potencies runes will scale to craft and/or character level. This includes the native 1-49 zones, Coldharbour as well as the Cadwell zones. After the patch, the only way my Master Enchanter CP 160 char will be realistically able to obtain lower level potencies is to purchase from a vendor.

As stated above, if you are referring to scaling of other crafting nodes in Cadwell's zones, that is an entirely separate issue not really talked about at all in this thread. As for potencies - they are currently scaling EVERYWHERE on the PTS, which is what most of us are concerned about.
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

i diagree with the assertion here.

To me it makes perfect sense given their ststed "problem" and a goal to fix.

Right now on live, enchanters make glyphs for five reasons:
    1 Gaining xp/insp
    2 Use on their own gear
    3 Use on lesser alt gear
    4 Give/sell to others for DECON
    5 Give/sell to others for use on gear.

The stated problem was fewer people investing in enchantment craft or as much in it as other crafts. Its the least used.
    Also, folks were too frequently not bothering with wpn glyphs.

Boosting wpn enchants is a nod to unglyphed weapons as well as making enchants more appealing.

Having nodes harvested scale to char level or craft level 1, 2 and 4 AS WELL OR BETTER than now. I got no reason to make cp100 glyphs for someone else to decon if i am harvesting cp160... they get more from the 160. In the live days, i would use it to burn up my lower level outdated runes. But now, just use the highest harvedting i am flush with. That also means more insp and faster level up for the lesser once all the types are known. Decon grind will be quicker on more powerful glyphs.

For 2 and 5, needing lower level glyph on actual gear, this is now HARDER for the experienced crafter to support which DIRECTLY FURTHERS THEIR GOAL bc now its more pressure for leveling ench on the lower chars, or at least them harvesting (half will be level apropriate even if unskilled)
    Of course they can just go buy for cheap gold the lower power runes for lvl 3-49 if just want to ignore things.

So, from a perspective of the problem and solution, the net picture works to further that goal.

Since what we are looking at being "scarcer" are the lesser runes, which are lower gold if you buy, it works AGAINST a crown store conspiracy theory.

Finally, since we are only looking at really, for cases of experienced craft supporting lowers and alts, potencies in the lvl 10-49 then big swsths jumping to account wide cp level gear, a lot of the need for the mid tier vanishes completely.

Why have silver zones fixed at their monster c] level when only first char silver runs are going to be at that level? All the ALTS will be higher due to account-wide cp. So if the silver zones were fixed, there would be less reason for many to harvest there at all for runes they already outpaced.

I would have ALSO liked a more direct look at the leveling grind betwern say ench 35-50, but since higher runes will be more common, that will help as a start.

So they add pressure from the bottom and relief from the top to have more chars spend on ench... given the new levelling scheme which really devalues the mid-tier range. I dont see this as setting the stage for any significant in-game pressure for crown stone purchases.

Ymmv.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Can you not just change things back to how it was before and how it still is with all other crafts? I don't think I've ever seen all your customers on the forums universally agree on anything before this thread.

Lol. So true.

Anyways, as others have pointed out - my concern is not only for the silver gold zone, it is how potency drops are being treated throughout the entire base game (so - non scaled areas). While I do think it's great you are looking into the silver gold zones for crafting in general - I'd love to see the whole scaling potency rune thing looked into further.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord