Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• PlagueMonk
    PlagueMonk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it!

And I see no reason why one craft can't be more difficult than the others. That just makes it more worthwhile to train, more rewarding to finish and more valuable to those who want the skill but don't want to go through the effort.
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    This is bad, Zeni, this is not what we want AT ALL. Please for the love of all that is good and reasonable, just revert to the way it is done on live. This is nonsense and is making me lose all faith that any of you know what you are doing when it comes to crafting.

I have to agree here, the gathering aspect of Enchanting was simply not broken before DB and there is no reason to fix it. Keep the potency vendor if you like, I don't care, but we should be able to craft any glyph in the game through normal gathering, just like all the other crafts.

If you want more players involved in enchanting then make it level up faster to be more in line with the other crafts, but please leave our little blue, yellow and red rune resource nodes alone.

Not only is this a pain (not being able to find a specific level of rune) but let's introduce something to make enchanting more confusing for new players.

If you want more players involved in enchanting - treat it like the other crafts so they actually can understand it. All others crafts the materials match the level of the zone they are in - if it is not a scaled zone. Scaled nodes only apply to scaled zones.

Quit trying to make enchanting different than the others. This will only cause more confusion, more frustration, and less player participation.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    wayfarerx wrote: »
    Epona222 wrote: »
    This is bad, Zeni, this is not what we want AT ALL. Please for the love of all that is good and reasonable, just revert to the way it is done on live. This is nonsense and is making me lose all faith that any of you know what you are doing when it comes to crafting.

I have to agree here, the gathering aspect of Enchanting was simply not broken before DB and there is no reason to fix it. Keep the potency vendor if you like, I don't care, but we should be able to craft any glyph in the game through normal gathering, just like all the other crafts.

If you want more players involved in enchanting then make it level up faster to be more in line with the other crafts, but please leave our little blue, yellow and red rune resource nodes alone.

Not only is this a pain (not being able to find a specific level of rune) but let's introduce something to make enchanting more confusing for new players.

If you want more players involved in enchanting - treat it like the other crafts so they actually can understand it. All others crafts the materials match the level of the zone they are in - if it is not a scaled zone. Scaled nodes only apply to scaled zones.

Quit trying to make enchanting different than the others. This will only cause more confusion, more frustration, and less player participation.

Agreed. I dunno what they are doing back there behind the curtain, but I want whatever it is they are smoking.

The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • Elephant42
    Elephant42
    ✭✭✭✭
    Close but not quite there yet. The potency runes need to scale ONLY in the scaled zones. They need to be fixed level in the base, silver and gold zones.

As others before me have said, why ZOS did you try to fix something that was not broken in the first place? - heavy sigh...
    Options
  • LaucianNailor
    LaucianNailor
    ✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno Why oh why are you even considering making the treatment of enchanting resource nodes be completely different to every other resource gathering nodes in non scaled zones. I'm sorry but this is a misguided blind alley that at best is a confusion for new players and at worst smacks of money gouging players by any means possible :s
    Mac/PC EU Server

Lots of alts....561+ CP
    Inside Trade Guild
    Options
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This wasn't broken... why have you tried fixing something that wasn't broken...

I cant once remember someone starting a forum post titled: Dear ZoS Please put Potency Runes in stores, I never find any.
    Edited by nimander99 on May 9, 2016 10:55PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
    Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, on behalf of the enchanters and crafting community, please ask the devs to completely revert the rune harvesting changes and change it back to the way it currently exists on the live servers. This is a change no one asked for - and now that we have it, we don't like it at all; furthermore, it has been explained numerous times in this thread that this change will in no way achieve the stated goal to increase enchanting participation among the players.

The devs' half-hearted attempts to reintroduce potency harvesting back into the equation has only complicated matters even more in that there is no way my enchanting toon can now harvest lower level potency runes. If Jehade and Rejera don't drop for maxed enchanters and CP160 chars, then there is no way we will even be able to complete the daily writs without purchasing potency runes!

The way these changes have evolved and based upon the initial devs' response to our outcries, I have the feeling that someone at ZOS is pretty well invested in sticking with these changes, whatever the consequences or blowback. If it is pride at having all their work on the new system undone, then they need to swallow their pride and do what is in the best interest of the community. We will have more respect for them if they just admit they made a mistake and undo all the harvesting changes.

If the devs want to keep the vendor potency runes, fine. If they want to keep the other change on allowing lower glyphs to be put on any armor, fine. Just please give us back our current rune harvesting system.
    Options
  • aLi3nZ
    aLi3nZ
    ✭✭✭✭
    Selling repora is one of my main sources of income and I am happy with this change so long as I can get that from ic for 400tv still. Maybe I can sell that for 2k on guild stores after some time.
    Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enodoc wrote: »
    Agreed. Scaling nodes should only be found in scaling zones. In zones which have a set level, all material nodes should also have a set level.

Yes yes ^^^^^^ yes yes yes ^^^^^^ yes DO THIS Please !!!!!
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • Fruitmass
    Fruitmass
    ✭✭✭✭
    Enchanting
    • Half the time, when you find a Potency rune it will be scaled to your combat level, and the other half of the time it will be scaled to your rank in the Potency Improvement passive.
    And this is helpful in a user friendly, long term manner how exactly?

Do you guys have a wall of post it notes and throw darts at it blind folded, using whatever ideas they happen to land on? Or are you just that naïve, lacking the ability to grasp the repercussions of your decisions and how it will impact players? Is the scope of your tunnel vision really that narrow?

I should not to be restricted in my ability to gather basic crafting materials of any quality, quantity, type or level. Nor should I be forced, in any way, to purchase any crafting materials of any kind from any merchant regardless of price because of such restrictions. Especially because for the better part of two years I've never had to. I really cannot fathom what is so hard to understand about this concept.
    Edited by Fruitmass on May 10, 2016 5:05AM
    Beware all ye who log on for here there be typos...
    Options
  • Dagonthir
    Dagonthir
    ✭✭✭
    I created a max level template character, then ran around Stonefalls and found about 10 runestones, and not a single one yielded a potency rune. So I'm not entirely convinced that the potency runes dropping from runestones in non-scaled zones was properly applied. Then I went to Deshaan and finally got a potency rune out of a runestone, and it was scaled to my character level. The potency runes need to be scaled to zone level in the non-battle-leveled areas.

That said, I think the changes to runestones is a terrible idea. I miss having aspect, essence, and potency runestones, so you should put it back to the old way. This is what everyone is telling you to do anyways. If you want more people to participate in enchanting, then make it easier to level by lowering the levelling costs or increasing the inspiration gains from deconning, or both. No one has ever complained about the mechanic itself though, so don't change it.
    Edited by Dagonthir on May 10, 2016 4:12AM
    Options
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Another vote, here, to just revert back to the way rune nodes currently exist on Live.

That way, I can focus my attention back to RNGJESUS about all the Ta runestones on my crafting writ surveys.

Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    So we now have a supposed 1/3 of a chance to get a potency rune from a node ? OK we'll see how that works out, and if true, all well and good.
    But then they change it so it scales to your level or crafting level ? Thus making it still impossible for a crafter to harvest the runes they need if they want to make glyphs of a lower level for friends/guild members/to sell. Thus we arrive at the same destination...forcing enchanters to buy what they need from the merchant, and of course, what all of these enchanting changes pave the way for....crown store sales.
    Edited by bunnytrix on May 10, 2016 2:58PM
    Options
  • Saltypretzels
    Saltypretzels
    ✭✭✭✭
    All of the changes serve no point except making players mad.
    Options
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno

O K
    If you want to make changes to enchanting from a vendor perspective,
    Sale everything not just certain runes.

Ie:
    -all runes
    -all enchants (white-gold)

If you're not going to take the other feedback to change things back then please look at fully adapting a vendor approach.
    3pazd8.jpg

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
    Options
  • bunnytrix
    bunnytrix
    ✭✭✭✭
    Dagonthir wrote: »
    I created a max level template character, then ran around Stonefalls and found about 10 runestones, and not a single one yielded a potency rune. So I'm not entirely convinced that the potency runes dropping from runestones in non-scaled zones was properly applied. Then I went to Deshaan and finally got a potency rune out of a runestone, and it was scaled to my character level. The potency runes need to be scaled to zone level in the non-battle-leveled areas.

That said, I think the changes to runestones is a terrible idea. I miss having aspect, essence, and potency runestones, so you should put it back to the old way. This is what everyone is telling you to do anyways. If you want more people to participate in enchanting, then make it easier to level by lowering the levelling costs or increasing the inspiration gains from deconning, or both. No one has ever complained about the mechanic itself though, so don't change it.

Couldn't agree more.

The 1/3 chance to get a potency is probably a lie. Now they have also changed it to scale to level/enchanting level so that it still makes it impossible to get runes you need other than the level you are at.
    So they act as though they are listening by giving us the impression of having 1/3 of a chance, but then totally negate that by the scaling.
    They obviously want to make them rare or impossible to find, and it certainly has nothing to do with making enchanting "more accessible." This change makes it way harder to level enchanting for newcomers, and pushes everyone to use money to acquire something that has always been accessible.

It's not just the harvesting of potency runes that will change here, it is also the fun and magic of exploring out in the world and seeing that blue glow from a distance. Changing something that players love for no reason other than to make money from it.
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Again, I am at a loss trying to figure out the potency rune change. I am glad ZoS made it so we don't have to buy these, however ... I'll have to buy them anyway if I decide to make a lower level alt. Ugh!

Please just have the competencies scale to the zone level. If it's a DLC zone that scales to the players, then have it match our crafting expertise (just like it is now and every other harvestable material).
    Options
  • Ajaxduo
    Ajaxduo
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With the upcoming enchantment changes will the surveys be changed? Currently on live I am getting Kude and Kura from enchanting surveys which is useless as they are not a component used in the writ daily.
    - - -
    GM of Verum Aeternus, PC EU
    - - -
    Options
  • ThoraxtheDark
    ThoraxtheDark
    ✭✭✭
    please do not do this.. i love going out and finding them
    Options
  • alu-fleurb16_ESO
    alu-fleurb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    dear gina bruno,

so you see the community presents a bunch of arguments that should make it easy to revoke this idea of removing potency runes or this 1/3 chance nonsense.
    this thread is nothing else than a petition to leave the enchanting system alone. even the german forum has a little thread about it ... with the same message.
    since release you brought up several really good changes in the game.
    this isn't one of them.
    i have 3 master enchanter and the 4 is on the way just because i have so many runestones of all kind (first of all our beloved "ta") which i don't need for real. its hard enough to find repora e.g. on the live server already because it shares the spot with 3 other runestones. so i grind potencyrunes in wrothgar and get about 80-100 v15 potencyrunes and about 15-20 v16 which includes itade of course. and this segmentation counts on every tier (1-10).
    to fancy this droprate is squeezed into a 1/3 chance in that universal-runestone-spot-thingy would require not the 1-2 hours of grinding per day but the double or more amount of time.... for one single crafting material!?! this will force a lot of people to buy the runes at the vendor... and that isn't right. not for newbies and not for pro's...

PLEASE, please forget about this crap idea. don't start to change the game in pay to play even when its ingame money.

we all love our red/blue/yellow node and whats in it!!!
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hey guys, thanks for your ongoing feedback on the enchanting changes.

We’re definitely listening and appreciate the concern regarding the inability to harvest potency runestones. As a result, we’re planning on trying a modification to the existing runestone harvest loot table so it will always provide an essence and aspect as it does now, but it will also provide a 1/3rd chance at a potency instead of a chance of a bonus aspect runestone . The potency runestones will continue to be offered by vendors to give you the option of buying instead of harvesting as desired.

This change will be implemented in an upcoming PTS update, and we will continue to monitor feedback and metrics.

Why make potency runes come from other nodes rather than just lowering the spawn rate of potency nodes?

This means the assets stay in the game, we keep the nice glowing colours and gives a new node which gives an "ooh sweet" feeling when you spot one.

The desired effect of lowing the number of runes coming into the game remains but we don't strip away assets and cause a need to visit any dialogue or text which references harvesting three types of nodes.

I just see this as being done in a much more complicated and game changing way that needs to be done.

I just really don't like when assets are removed or changed and not done in a way that works with the games continuity. The change to start islands still has so many contrasting conversations and notes which show how actions like this change either need to have time taken to clean up all the references or not be changed in such a dramatic fashion.
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Dagonthir
    Dagonthir
    ✭✭✭
    So, no mention in the patch notes of the potency runes not being scaled in the non-battle-leveled areas. Does this mean that potency runes are still scaling everywhere in the world? They need to not scale in the non-battle-leveled areas so that people can still find runes of any level if they want to. The potency rune scaling should work like all the other crafts.
    Edited by Dagonthir on May 17, 2016 2:23AM
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    So, no mention in the patch notes of the potency runes not being scaled in the non-battle-leveled areas. Does this mean that potency runes are still scaling everywhere in the world? They need to not scale in the non-battle-leveled areas so that people can still find runes of any level if they want to. The potency rune scaling should work like all the other crafts.

I agree, but unless @ZOS_GinaBruno says otherwise, that is the way it will be. They do still have two weeks to, uh, come to their senses, though. :smile:

Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The lack of a ZOS response to our concerns over the potencies scaling everywhere and dropping only to crafter and\or char level would indicate to me they consider enchanting finished for this DLC and that the current harvesting setup will go live as is (I hope I am wrong, but past experience tells me otherwise).

Their approach to runestone harvesting in this DLC has been haphazard, ill-conceived and seems to me as if they cobbled together a solution in search of a problem. These changes were never requested by the playerbase at large, and I don't believe anyone ever saw runestone harvesting as a major issue. True, enchanting is by far the most difficult craft to master, but ZOS at one point said they wanted one of their crafts to be a little more on the challenging end of the spectrum.

I'll say it one last time in hopes of a response from them:

@ZOS_GinaBruno, please tell the devs to undo these changes and revert them back to to the way it exists on live. The initial changes and then last week's fix are breaking a system that works perfectly fine for the vast majority of players. Months from now when all this is a distant memory and this system is in place, runestone harvesting will be seen as an illogical, broken and unfinished part of the crafting game.

^^ this - plus I really like my runestones in multiple colors - much more interesting and pleasing to the eye!
    Edited by BergisMacBride on May 17, 2016 4:06AM
    Options
  • Turelus
    Turelus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno, please tell the devs to undo these changes and revert them back to to the way it exists on live. The initial changes and then last week's fix are breaking a system that works perfectly fine for the vast majority of players. Months from now when all this is a distant memory and this system is in place, runestone harvesting will be seen as an illogical, broken and unfinished part of the crafting game.

^^ this - plus I really like my runestones in multiple colors - much more interesting and pleasing to the eye!

Sadly I am getting involved in this topic late due to not having time to read up on notes/threads.

However as I said here and other threads, if your plan is to lower the incoming numbers of Potency Runes then please consider just lowering the spawn rate of those nodes. There is no need to remove them then only to start placing them into other nodes at a lower chance.

This gives the impression as above that the enchanting system is half done and wonky. "why do the other two have nodes colour linked when the blue ones come from those two as well?"

I am fine with a nerf to the lowest levels with regards to spawn rates, I am fine having to break down glyphs for potency runes, but please I beg you don't merge potency runes into the other two nodes, it doesn't make sense and reeks of "band aid".
    @Turelus - EU PC Megaserver
    "Don't count on others for help. In the end each of us is in this alone. The survivors are those who know how to look out for themselves."
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The nodes scaling everywhere (instead of just in the scaled zones like Cyrodiil, Wrothgar, and Hews Bane) is a totally awful idea.

What I fear is that this is a precursor to some plan to make all gold and silver zones scaled like Wrothgar, etc. I'm actually against that too, but that's another complaint for another thread.

If so, I foresee them changing all crafting harvest nodes for the other materials to work this way as well (if they haven't done so already), which is just an inherently bad idea, since it eliminates the ability for people to get certain levels of mats, other than from deconstruction and guild stores.

Dear ZOS, there's enough broken and badly designed stuff in your game. Please don't break more things that aren't currently broken.
    Options
  • sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    sparafucilsarwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    Revert the changes to enchanting, we do not want it.
    Options
  • TerraDewBerry
    TerraDewBerry
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to add my vote here as well that you revert the enchanting changes back to what it was originally. There was nothing broken or wrong with the harvesting method prior to the "new changes." Please do not have all node scale.. we need to be able to go harvest lower level runes to make glyphs for friends and guildies.

Please if you have to "fix" something about enchanting, how about fix the leveling process i.e. the crafting experience you get from crafting and deconstructing glyphs, and as was mentioned earlier (by me) how about including in an intricate glyph that would significantly give a large boost to leveling every once in awhile for writ rewards?
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Turelus wrote: »

Sadly I am getting involved in this topic late due to not having time to read up on notes/threads.

However as I said here and other threads, if your plan is to lower the incoming numbers of Potency Runes then please consider just lowering the spawn rate of those nodes. There is no need to remove them then only to start placing them into other nodes at a lower chance.

This gives the impression as above that the enchanting system is half done and wonky. "why do the other two have nodes colour linked when the blue ones come from those two as well?"

I am fine with a nerf to the lowest levels with regards to spawn rates, I am fine having to break down glyphs for potency runes, but please I beg you don't merge potency runes into the other two nodes, it doesn't make sense and reeks of "band aid".

I think that the changes are for two purposes.

1. People commenting that it is too hard to find the Potency runes they need for the level of enchantment they want, or need, to make. This will be "at level" enchantments. Solution #1 was to remove Potency runes from the world and sell them at merchants. Solution #2 is to leave them with the merchanges, but also put them back into the world and have them just deliver what the enchanter needs. This creates additional problems for people who want something other than the Potency runes scales to their level, and who do not want to buy them, and those who "make a living" in the game by selling Potency runes or enchantments to other players at different levels. With the removal of Veteran Ranks, a whole lot of Potency runes just got made less valuable, as did a lot of leveled crafting materials, so there may be bigger problems with DB than availability of Potency runes.

1a. People are also probably commenting that they need to go to three rune locations to farm runes. Solution #1, above, also combines Aspect and Essence runes into one. While this gives everyone two runes for one farm, it is going to generate a new imbalance in the collection of runes, making the existing imbalance worse. Today, we have people leaving Ta behind because it is so plentiful. People will continue to do this. With Solution #2, above, they will likely leave the Essense rune and the Ta rune and take the Potency rune. With separate nodes, at least the farmer can choose to ignore rune nodes they are not interested in, rather than pillaging the node and leaving the stuff they don't want behind. This is going to force ZOS to fix rune nodes again, at some future date.

2. The Potency solution to put the runes with merchants made them too easy to obtain, which makes top level enchantments too cheap for the increased power they have in DB. This has created the need to make sure that the merchants sell them for a lot of gold, in order to raise the bar. The drop rate of Potency runes added with Solution #2 messes with that, so my thought is that they need to restore the full range of Potency runes in order to make the increased price at the merchant more logical.

If they want to help Enchanting leveling, they should boost inspiration. If they want to make Potency more available to enchanters that are leveling, they should include 1-3 Potency runes at the enchanter's "level" (skill points or combat level) with each daily writ reward. If they want to make top end Potency more rare, outside of writs/leveling, they should change the rune drop rate from farming. All of these changes are modifications to the current Live method of distributing Potency runes, and they can also leave them with the merchants for those who do not want to farm.

Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    The nodes scaling everywhere (instead of just in the scaled zones like Cyrodiil, Wrothgar, and Hews Bane) is a totally awful idea..

I'm not really sure this is intended by ZOS. My feeling this is likely the buggy result of a slap-on band aid fix to reintroduce potency rune harvesting within their "new and improved" unified runestone system. Here's how I envision the whole thing going down:

> Shiny new and improved runestone system goes on PTS with the new DLC
    > there was massive negative feedback about not being able to harvest potencies
    > @ZOS_GinaBruno went to devs and (channeling her inner Lebowski) said "this injustice must not stand"
    > the devs, not wanting to do to much work to actually fix it, said "ok, we'll just add potencies at 1/3 chance to our new improved unified runestones!", taking the easy way out
    > devs completely missed the fact that with potency runestones now GONE, there is no mechanism to have unscaled zone-specific level potencies drop in the non-dlc PvE zones
    > players point out this problem, and now we have silence from the devs - this means either they aren't reading this thread anymore, or perhaps they just consider runestone harvesting fixed

Just my thoughts on how this happened, although I admit I could be wrong as we have no word at all on whether the universal scaling is intended or not.....
    Options