Maintenance for the week of June 24:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – June 24

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Amarynth wrote: »
    Everything that I can find online is out of date and I'm not at home to log on and check.

You might try Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Enchanting :)
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
    Options
  • Annalyse
    Annalyse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I find it funny that they claim this change to potency runes was to get more people interested in enchanting. Do they not realize that it has the extreme opposite effect?

I was happy to hear that they were adding potencies back at least some of the time to runestones, but now that I am experiencing the actual effect I'm very disappointed. I am very rarely getting potencies when I harvest. So I figured, well why not buy them since that was their big idea on how to fix things? Except that upon checking the vendor, I see that all of the potencies are priced at least double what I pay to buy from other players. How is that helping anything?? And of course, we can probably expect the price in guild stores to increase because of this.

Bad move, ZOS. I don't know what actually made you decide to make this change, but it absolutely was not to increase interest in enchanting unless you have people with a complete lack of common sense drafting up these ideas.
    Edited by Annalyse on June 2, 2016 10:19PM
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This update also broke some enchantments completely.
    My main is a pure caster Templar Breton. I have little access to sneaking passives and little to no investment in stamina. To compensate and make Thieves Guild daily heists and missions possible, I acquired sneaky gear, which I only equip for these scenarios. I have Nightshade set and Nightmother's Embrace. I re-enchanted this set jewelry to have purple Glyphs of Potion Boost (increasing the potion duration), which I would use with Potions of Invisibility and Speed.

Prior to Dark Brotherhood, this worked really well. My Essence of Invisibility, which lasts 12 seconds had an additional 9.1 second duration from my jewelry for a total of 21.1 second duration.

Now, my jewelry still claims to increase potion duration, but it has 0 effect on the potions. This is not simple tooltip error. My potions only last 12 seconds now period. Basically this enchantment now has no effect whatsoever.
    Options
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nudel wrote: »
    My main is a pure caster Templar Breton. I have little access to sneaking passives and little to no investment in stamina. To compensate and make Thieves Guild daily heists and missions possible, I acquired sneaky gear, which I only equip for these scenarios. I have Nightshade set and Nightmother's Embrace. I re-enchanted this set jewelry to have purple Glyphs of Potion Boost (increasing the potion duration), which I would use with Potions of Invisibility and Speed.

Prior to Dark Brotherhood, this worked really well. My Essence of Invisibility, which lasts 12 seconds had an additional 9.1 second duration from my jewelry for a total of 21.1 second duration.

Now, my jewelry still claims to increase potion duration, but it has 0 effect on the potions. This is not simple tooltip error. My potions only last 12 seconds now period. Basically this enchantment now has no effect whatsoever.

Quick question.

What was your level vs enchant vs potion level before the db and then after.

Reason i ask is i have seen references to the "of lower level" restriction being tier based not actual level so cp150 potiins are not 'lower level' than cp160 enchants.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

Options
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Honestly, crafting should be completed using 1-49 materials. There should be no crafting in the Champion Rank range at all. That would have required that itemization not be tied to Champion Rank, which they obviously did not do, and the effects ripple outward from there. Rather than taking the rare opportunity to fix a lot of things with the Veteran Rank system, they decided to spend a year making a new Veteran Rank system, an evolution rather than a revolution.

THIS ^^^^
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
    Options
  • nudel
    nudel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    STEVIL wrote: »

Quick question.

What was your level vs enchant vs potion level before the db and then after.

Reason i ask is i have seen references to the "of lower level" restriction being tier based not actual level so cp150 potiins are not 'lower level' than cp160 enchants.

My enchantments and potions have not changed between before Dark Brotherhood and now. The "of lower level" restriction is for cooldown reduction not potion strength. My enchantments are broken. There's no context to it other than that.
    Options
  • Morimizo
    Morimizo
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed; same thing for me, trying to improve my ability to finish heists by increasing invisibility and movement speed time, and only the movement speed is increased.

The first thing I thought was, "ZOS doesn't want to OP the invisi-potion, because going from 15.7 to 19.3 (I only have 1 necklace with the potion duration enchant) would be so incredibly broken that I could solo the entirety of every Trial and Cyrodiil ias a whole without expiring once."

Well, one time I might go AFK, and someone would get lucky, but otherwise, INVINCIBLE.
    Options