Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Enchanting

• MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    The nodes scaling everywhere (instead of just in the scaled zones like Cyrodiil, Wrothgar, and Hews Bane) is a totally awful idea..

I'm not really sure this is intended by ZOS. My feeling this is likely the buggy result of a slap-on band aid fix to reintroduce potency rune harvesting within their "new and improved" unified runestone system. Here's how I envision the whole thing going down:

> Shiny new and improved runestone system goes on PTS with the new DLC
    > there was massive negative feedback about not being able to harvest potencies
    > @ZOS_GinaBruno went to devs and (channeling her inner Lebowski) said "this injustice must not stand"
    > the devs, not wanting to do to much work to actually fix it, said "ok, we'll just add potencies at 1/3 chance to our new improved unified runestones!", taking the easy way out
    > devs completely missed the fact that with potency runestones now GONE, there is no mechanism to have unscaled zone-specific level potencies drop in the non-dlc PvE zones
    > players point out this problem, and now we have silence from the devs - this means either they aren't reading this thread anymore, or perhaps they just consider runestone harvesting fixed

Just my thoughts on how this happened, although I admit I could be wrong as we have no word at all on whether the universal scaling is intended or not.....

That's my guess on exactly what happened. All they did was replace to 1/3 chance of receiving an aspect rune with a potency rune... and back when it was a 1/3 chance for aspect there was no need for any scaling mechanics.

Either way. I'm holding off on updating my enchanting guides as long as possible because I think it's ridiculous that you need to explain "This is how it works for X, Y and X craft, but not for A. Although THIS part works this way for A, X, and Y craft, but it's different for Z"
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have wondered why they just don't go back to the old Rune Nodes that we have now. It works. I farm the specific Runes I want or need, and not get loaded down with Runes I don't. Potencies have always been the issue in Enchanting, and offering them for sale also in the NPC Merchants takes care of that issue. Plus, I only have to buy potencies if I am in a hurry or don't want to go the right zone to farm them.

Speaking of which, how am I supposed to farm lower level potencies on my Master Crafter? Scaling all nodes to Crafting and or Character level has taken that away.

Even then, if ZOS's goal is to increase activity in Enchanting, this is not going to achieve this. Reason, I only need to make one set of Glyphs for each gear set I make. I don't enchant all that often simply because I don't need to. Unlike Provisioning and Alchemy, the stack of 50 I make with those professions will be used up long before I need to make new Glyphs for new gear.

Even if they were to increase the Inspiration gains for Enchanting Activities so it would level faster, I would still make the same amount of Glyph's I currently make.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    I have wondered why they just don't go back to the old Rune Nodes that we have now. It works. I farm the specific Runes I want or need, and not get loaded down with Runes I don't. Potencies have always been the issue in Enchanting, and offering them for sale also in the NPC Merchants takes care of that issue. Plus, I only have to buy potencies if I am in a hurry or don't want to go the right zone to farm them.

Speaking of which, how am I supposed to farm lower level potencies on my Master Crafter? Scaling all nodes to Crafting and or Character level has taken that away.

Even then, if ZOS's goal is to increase activity in Enchanting, this is not going to achieve this. Reason, I only need to make one set of Glyphs for each gear set I make. I don't enchant all that often simply because I don't need to. Unlike Provisioning and Alchemy, the stack of 50 I make with those professions will be used up long before I need to make new Glyphs for new gear.

Even if they were to increase the Inspiration gains for Enchanting Activities so it would level faster, I would still make the same amount of Glyph's I currently make.

Why won't they go back?

First thing that comes to mind is that there is a goal that was not stated in Gina's post from a couple weeks ago. This mystery requirement is twisting up the whole thing, and is more important than all of the other goals that did get listed in the note.

The second thing that comes to mind is that they already did the work and don't want to toss it and revert back.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 17, 2016 8:17PM
    The Elder Scrolls Online: Grind Road

PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have tested and followed this from the start and there seem to be 4 things we agree on. ZOS, take note.

1. Do NOT go forward with this change to enchanting in its current form or any of the variants you have tried thus far. It will make things worse, not better. WAIT until there is a GOOD solution before changing live.
    2. TELL US what problem you are trying to solve. You said not enough players are using enchanting but your "fixes" don't do anything to fix that. So what is the actual goal? There are a lot of smart, creative people here and I'll bet if you tell us what you are trying to do we can come up with a good solution.
    3. Make resource harvesting All or Nothing. No more leaving behind the Ta or the worms or whatever. Take or don't take.
    4. Do SOMETHING about all the useless Ta stones we get. Either greatly reduce the ratio of Ta to other aspect runes, or give us a way to combine them into something useful.

Edited by ContraTempo on May 17, 2016 9:13PM
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The second thing that comes to mind is that they already did the work and don't want to toss it and revert back.

Bingo!!! My thoughts exactly!

They put all this work into this illogical and weird harvesting system and it's just simply too much work and too hard to change it back.

I can just see it now - several months from now when enough people complain about the bad system for runestone harvesting, we will get yet another new system - one where there are separate harvestable runestones for Aspect, Essence and Potency stones - and they each get their own distinct pretty colors! Harvest the stones you need when you need them! They will say "look at the wonderful new and improved runestone harvesting system we have put in place to address your concerns."

Reminds me of the time Coca-Cola came out with "New Coke" and eventually gave us "Coke Classic."

smh.....

Options
  • CadenceRowan
    CadenceRowan
    ✭✭✭
    I have been bouncing back and forth between PTS and live, keeping track of the number of Potency runes per node. The drop rates seem to be more or less the same, the difference being that you will now have a whole lot more Essence and Aspect runes (since you are getting at least one of each of those per node) than you will have Potency runes.

Up til now, my experience has been that I find a lot less Aspect runes than anything else...Then again, there are only 5 types of Aspect runes compared to the many different Essence and Potency runes that exist.

Also worth considering is the fact that I'm finding a lot more nodes on the PTS, because there have been less people around. On live I expect there will be problems with people taking the good stuff and leaving trash behind, which means less Potency runes.

So basically: Back when I first started, I was always short on Aspect runes. Now people just starting out will be short on Potency runes. To me, that sounds like a different version of the same problem. Difference being, you can buy Potencies if you have the gold.

I, too, am skeptical of the reasoning given for this change, because I don't see it solving any "problems" with Enchanting. In all honesty, I'm not sure there was a problem with Enchanting to begin with. Yes, it's slow to level, but plenty of people have managed to do it.

I played in the last few beta weekends of the game, and I have been subscribed since early access. Crafting is one of the things I love about this game; it is useful and it is doable. I levelled Enchanting by doing Crafting Writs and deconstructing any glyphs I found out in the wild. I did it in tandem with levelling my character. It took a while, but there was certainly nothing complicated about it. In the beginning, I did try creating and deconstructing, but I decided it wasn't worth the time and materials. You want to make it easier? It has been said over and over again: increase the inspiration from deconstructing.

As someone who has worked in software development for 19 years now, I have often felt a bad for the devs when I've seen people raging at them on the forums. This time I feel the rage. This was a waste of time, one wants it, and you need to roll it back (don't tell me that you can't). I'm sorry, it sucks to put a lot of work into something and then throw it away, but everyone is telling you that this was a wrong move. I'm thinking you should listen.

You want to sell runes at the Enchanter Merchant? Go for it.

Apply lower level glyphs to armor and equipment? Okay. That might actually help out people who have not yet got their Enchanting up to the level they need.

But stick with the harvesting we have now on live.
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I ran through Stonefalls, my first silver area with VR16 maxed crafter.
    - I found only 20 runes running nearly through the whole area. That little of nodes will surely turn people away from enchanting. It could be also that PTS doesn't work well with population of one.
    - I got only VR15/16 potencies.
    - Same from Auridon. I found strangely little of nodes and only tenth tier potencies from level 5-15 area.
    - In Wrothgar i found plenty of nodes. Also top tier potencies, but that's expected.
    I get only tenth tier potencies and nothing else everywhere in Tamriel. Why don't we then simply scrap all potencies?

Really, TG finally got potencies right. IC was a complete failure. Wrothgar had 0,01% Repora droprate. Now nothing else drops than Rejera/Repora. Why break it again? Auridon still grows Jute (for AD). I would expect to get low tier potencies in Auridon too. Now low potencies are gone. Will there be Jute shop next? "Hey, you don't need to harvest Jute any more. There is a plant vendor now."

Don't scale old area nodes to player. Scale the nodes to the area level.

I do like the new nodes where you can't see outside what's inside. It prevents node plague. There seems to be some protection against partial looting of nodes, but not yet good enough. I tested with two accounts. With first i looted one node, picked one rune and left others and relogged to another account.
    - If i immediately harvested the node with second account, the node disappeared when i tried to loot it.
    - If i waited about three minutes the node disappeared. Add logoff/logon times to that and we are close to five minutes.
    Make touched nodes to despawn in one minute. They are unlootable by others anyway.
    Edited by helediron on May 18, 2016 6:17AM
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    helediron wrote: »

Quoted for emphasis, but this is not why I am replying.
    I do like the new nodes where you can't see outside what's inside. It prevents node plague. There seems to be some protection against partial looting of nodes, but not yet good enough. I tested with two accounts. With first i looted one node, picked one rune and left others and relogged to another account.
    - If i immediately harvested the node with second account, the node disappeared when i tried to loot it.
    - If i waited about three minutes the node disappeared. Add logoff/logon times to that and we are close to five minutes.
    Make touched nodes to despawn in one minute. They are unlootable by others anyway.

This is interesting, and I am going to have to check on this. My testing with node despawn has always been to keep everyone else away until the node goes away. I am going to have to have a friend in the game and see what happens on PTS. Maybe they changed how nodes despawn and this is not in the patch notes.

Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Bingo!!! My thoughts exactly!

They put all this work into this illogical and weird harvesting system and it's just simply too much work and too hard to change it back.

I can just see it now - several months from now when enough people complain about the bad system for runestone harvesting, we will get yet another new system - one where there are separate harvestable runestones for Aspect, Essence and Potency stones - and they each get their own distinct pretty colors! Harvest the stones you need when you need them! They will say "look at the wonderful new and improved runestone harvesting system we have put in place to address your concerns."

Reminds me of the time Coca-Cola came out with "New Coke" and eventually gave us "Coke Classic."

smh.....

Yes, that one will be easier to sell "Short on potency runes? Just find a blue node! Simple and easy to get what you need!"

They did it for the animation priortization. Took it out and put it back on the drawing table before trying again.

Can this please happen with enchanting? Yes, there are ways to make enchanting more enticing to players, what you are doing is not one of those ways.

You don't even need to completely take it out, feel free to leave potency runes on a vendor but bring back our tri-colored nodes. There are other areas of enchanting that need the love, not the harvesting part of it.
    Lone Wolf HelpFor the solo players who know, sometimes you just need a hand.PC | NA | AD-DC-EP | Discord
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    While the extra aspect and essence runes are nice, I don't want them at the expense of losing the ability to harvest potency runes of a specific level.
    MissBizz wrote: »
    ... there are ways to make enchanting more enticing to players, what you are doing is not one of those ways.

You don't even need to completely take it out, feel free to leave potency runes on a vendor but bring back our tri-colored nodes. There are other areas of enchanting that need the love, not the harvesting part of it.
    This please. Just revert all the harvesting changes to what we have had on live forever.
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

This is interesting, and I am going to have to check on this. My testing with node despawn has always been to keep everyone else away until the node goes away. I am going to have to have a friend in the game and see what happens on PTS. Maybe they changed how nodes despawn and this is not in the patch notes.
    I'd appreciate if you could also test it. My test wasn't very scientific. I used two accounts but had to logoff/logon. I repeated thrice the immediate loot and i waited twice the node to despawn.
    On hiatus. PC,EU,AD - crafting completionist - @helediron 900+ cp, @helestor 1000+ cp, @helestar 800+ cp, @helester 700+ cp - Dragonborn Z Suomikilta, Harrods, Master Crafter. - Blog - Crafthouse: all stations, all munduses, all dummies, open to everyone
    Options
  • ContraTempo
    ContraTempo
    ✭✭✭✭

Exactly. I don't think they have ever told us the whole story about what they are trying to "Fix". Do they feel they need more gold sinks to keep the player economy from overheating? Do they think glyphs are selling too cheap and want to put a base price on them? Tell us the whole goal and we can probably figure out a much better way to fix it.
    ContraTempo
    Carpe DM
    Seize the Dungeon Master

Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I'd appreciate if you could also test it. My test wasn't very scientific. I used two accounts but had to logoff/logon. I repeated thrice the immediate loot and i waited twice the node to despawn.

So, this is what I can tell you: Watching runestone nodes is BORING. After a while, they started to taunt me.

First, two accounts can loot the same node. They see the same content, which is whatever the first person sees. Both accounts can take something from the node, and they can both leave something behind. As long as there is one thing left in the node, the node will stay and will have the same content until it despawns.

Second, the time to despawn for the PTS rune node is still a long time. However, it is oddly variable. Some nodes vanished after 5 minutes. Other nodes despawned after 12 minutes. I was not able to watch the same node twice as they did not spawn back in while I was doing this, so I cannot say why they have different despawn times.

Edit: I did manage to catch one of the "5 min despawn" nodes a second time and it went 12 minutes. Most nodes were 12 mins, but when they were not, they were 5 mins.
    Edited by Elsonso on May 19, 2016 1:55AM

Options
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Put them back on the nodes but with RNG tweaked to favour our craft level in them, this way we will mostly get ones we can use (fewer TA) and can still get a range of drops from TA through to KUTA.

With the RNG tweaked this way offering fewer TA [non KUTA as applicable] which could then still be [collected from a hireling/bought from a merchant/bought from a guild store/harvested on a low craft alt] as required.
    Edited by Coolio_Wolfus on May 19, 2016 2:11AM
    Options
  • helediron
    helediron
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So, this is what I can tell you: Watching runestone nodes is BORING. After a while, they started to taunt me.

First, two accounts can loot the same node. They see the same content, which is whatever the first person sees. Both accounts can take something from the node, and they can both leave something behind. As long as there is one thing left in the node, the node will stay and will have the same content until it despawns.

Second, the time to despawn for the PTS rune node is still a long time. However, it is oddly variable. Some nodes vanished after 5 minutes. Other nodes despawned after 12 minutes. I was not able to watch the same node twice as they did not spawn back in while I was doing this, so I cannot say why they have different despawn times.

Edit: I did manage to catch one of the "5 min despawn" nodes a second time and it went 12 minutes. Most nodes were 12 mins, but when they were not, they were 5 mins.
    It might be that the server has a scheduled background job purging these nodes every five minutes or so. That might explain the results. Anyway, if you find nodes staying over ten minutes, that is the result. On live nodes rarely vanish when touched. I did my test in Auridon and was probably alone there, and the server had nothing else to do than mind my nodes.

Not handling partial harvest makes these multi-rune nodes bad. I like the new system where all nodes looking the same, but not this way, when node plague is replaced with partial loot. Since 80% nodes will have Ta, nearly every node will be partially harvested. I harvest everything and find daily tens of partial loots. It's just a fact of game this happens.

I think ZOS should purge partial nodes much faster. Without that fixed they should revert back to TG runes.

A new test: I took level 10 maxed crafter with 9/10 points in potency and 3/4 in aspect passives to harvest tour.
    - In Wrothgar i get occasionally potency 9 and occasionally potency 1/2. So the node distribution seems to work. I think this is a good compromise between crafters and muggles.
    - I question the logic of randomizing the last rune in node. Why? Either keep as they are now in TG or simply put one of each rune type into the node. Every glyph needs a potency anyway.
    - In Stonefalls (EP toon) the nodes are far and wide. Just hopping from Wrothgar's richness to Stonefalls bleakness is startling. Someone in ZOS should do that today in PTS and see yourself. Vendor don't make enchanters, harvesting does. Let people harvest when they level. Vendor can exist, as if i care.
    Options
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It might be that the server has a scheduled background job purging these nodes every five minutes or so. That might explain the results. Anyway, if you find nodes staying over ten minutes, that is the result. On live nodes rarely vanish when touched. I did my test in Auridon and was probably alone there, and the server had nothing else to do than mind my nodes.

Not handling partial harvest makes these multi-rune nodes bad. I like the new system where all nodes looking the same, but not this way, when node plague is replaced with partial loot. Since 80% nodes will have Ta, nearly every node will be partially harvested. I harvest everything and find daily tens of partial loots. It's just a fact of game this happens.

I think ZOS should purge partial nodes much faster. Without that fixed they should revert back to TG runes.

A new test: I took level 10 maxed crafter with 9/10 points in potency and 3/4 in aspect passives to harvest tour.
    - In Wrothgar i get occasionally potency 9 and occasionally potency 1/2. So the node distribution seems to work. I think this is a good compromise between crafters and muggles.
    - I question the logic of randomizing the last rune in node. Why? Either keep as they are now in TG or simply put one of each rune type into the node. Every glyph needs a potency anyway.
    - In Stonefalls (EP toon) the nodes are far and wide. Just hopping from Wrothgar's richness to Stonefalls bleakness is startling. Someone in ZOS should do that today in PTS and see yourself. Vendor don't make enchanters, harvesting does. Let people harvest when they level. Vendor can exist, as if i care.

Actually, the despawn time on PTS is largely consistent with Live. My tests on Live done earlier this year showed a 10 minute despawn time, not 12, and I never encountered a 5 minute node. Understand that it is difficult to keep people away from nodes on Live, at least compared to PTS, so testing is harder.

Options
  • Amarynth
    Amarynth
    ✭✭✭
    I think hireling mail needs to be adjusted. My main has more than 160 cp, so with VR removal, I'll never need jehade or rejera, why should my max level enchanter still be getting them in hireling mails?
    Options
  • Digiman
    Digiman
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because of the complexity of gathering runes I find it much easier just to disenchant rune from a vendor to get the materials I need.

Enchanting has 3 types of runes and those runes have more and more so it's really hard to get the runes I need to make enchants.

I think that's a problem when the materials you need to get have to gotten from disenchanting only.
    Edited by Digiman on May 19, 2016 4:12PM
    Options
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Amarynth wrote: »
    I think hireling mail needs to be adjusted. My main has more than 160 cp, so with VR removal, I'll never need jehade or rejera, why should my max level enchanter still be getting them in hireling mails?

Are you sure these enchanter mails are not for a Hireling Mule?
    Options
  • Amarynth
    Amarynth
    ✭✭✭

No, this was a template character. 300 CP, all points in the enchanting tree maxed.
    Options
  • Coolio_Wolfus
    Coolio_Wolfus
    ✭✭✭
    Amarynth wrote: »

No, this was a template character. 300 CP, all points in the enchanting tree maxed.

It's possible that it may be one of the template only glitches then.
    (The last one was creating or deleting a template char was wiping the craft bag stocks)
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    And as of 2.4.4 possibly an entire other issue. Posting here and in Crafter Bag thread as I was re-checking Rune Nodes but could be issues for other node types.
    @ZOS_JessicaFolsom

BUG REPORT #160523-001079 As of this AM Patch 2.4.4

Undocumented Hard Cap on Crafting Bags? No harvested materials in either Inventory/Bank/Crafting Bag after harvest.

I just took my NA Server Normal non-Template Level 4 Character through a portion of Stros M'kai and DB DLC to re-check Potency Rune Zone Scaling.

I harvested approx 10 Rune Nodes in Stros and 4 in DB and screenshotted results. I received loot notification from both in-game Loot Display as well as Lootdrop Addon.

When returning to Stros I went to look at harvested items and none of them appear anywhere. All my Rune listings are at 4k stack in Crafting Bag and did not increment at all after harvest. The 4k is from storing 3 Template characters worth of initial Template loot.

Is there a actual hard limit in the Crafting Bag or is this just an issue for PTS?

Is Rune Harvesting broken completely?

EDIT: I just reran a node in Stros and removed any addons that affect inventory or Loot and screenshot exactly what is happening.

When harvesting a node it appears normal

RUNELOOT1.jpg

And the normal In-game Loot notification

RUNELOOT2.jpg

But as soon as you check Crafter Bag, the game knows that it has new loot but the item count does not increment. And you can only withdraw in 200 stack and the Craft Bag amount does not show the missing items even after bag transfer.

RUNELOOT3.jpg

Edited by SpAEkus on May 23, 2016 6:21PM
    Options
  • MissBizz
    MissBizz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    And as of 2.4.4 possibly an entire other issue. Posting here and in Crafter Bag thread as I was re-checking Rune Nodes but could be issues for other node types.
    ZOS_GinaBruno

Undocumented Hard Cap on Crafting Bags? No harvested materials in either Inventory/Bank/Crafting Bag after harvest.

I just took my NA Server Normal non-Template Level 4 Character through a portion of Stros M'kai and DB DLC to re-check Potency Rune Zone Scaling.

I harvested approx 10 Rune Nodes in Stros and 4 in DB and screenshotted results. I received loot notification from both in-game Loot Display as well as Lootdrop Addon.

When returning to Stros I went to look at harvested items and none of them appear anywhere. All my Rune listings are at 4k stack in Crafting Bag and did not increment at all after harvest. The 4k is from storing 3 Template characters worth of initial Template loot.

Is there a actual hard limit in the Crafting Bag or is this just an issue for PTS?

EDIT: I just reran a node in Stros and removed any addons that affect inventory or Loot and screenshot exactly what is happening.

RUNELOOT1.jpg

RUNELOOT2.jpg

But as soon as you check Crafter Bag, the game knows that it has new loot but the item count does not increment. And you can only withdraw in 200 stack and the Craft Bag amount does not show the missing items even after bag transfer.

RUNELOOT3.jpg

@SpAEkus I noticed the same thing on a template BUT I made an assumption, maybe you could take the time to test the assumption out?

Once you have that large of stacks, the amounts read 1k, 1.1k etc. SO if you don't have enough runes to make it 1.1k it just doesn't show you (even though they are still there). Pretty sure if you go use those runes you harvested - those runes will still say 4k instead of 3999 (or 3.9k)
    Options
  • BergisMacBride
    BergisMacBride
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Well looks like we are stuck with this new system as I feared.

Oh well, time to give weekly in game feedback until hopefully it's changed.
    Options
  • Faulgor
    Faulgor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Love the changes to enchanting, can't wait to see them on live. Took you only 2 years :p, but finally listened to my feedback to make rune nodes more attractive.

Don't understand what everyone's upset about.
    Alandrol Sul: He's making another Numidium?!?
    Vivec: Worse, buddy. They're buying it.
    Options
  • NativeJoe
    NativeJoe
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Crafting bag conspiracy! they "want" you to be loaded down!
    650cp+ Sorcerer 100+ days /played
    Broken'Stick North American Server
    https://www.twitch.tv/trixytricks
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    @MissBizz

Yes I got a reply from Jessica Folsom, it's rounding.

The actual number is in the rollover-popup.

I would prefer real numbers, but I guess they couldn't make enough digits fit the Icon.
    Edited by SpAEkus on May 23, 2016 7:36PM
    Options
  • Divinius
    Divinius
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MissBizz wrote: »
    SpAEkus wrote: »
    ZOS_GinaBruno

RUNELOOT1.jpg

RUNELOOT2.jpg

RUNELOOT3.jpg

@SpAEkus I noticed the same thing on a template BUT I made an assumption, maybe you could take the time to test the assumption out?

Once you have that large of stacks, the amounts read 1k, 1.1k etc. SO if you don't have enough runes to make it 1.1k it just doesn't show you (even though they are still there). Pretty sure if you go use those runes you harvested - those runes will still say 4k instead of 3999 (or 3.9k)

Exactly. It's not that the counts aren't updating, it's that the counts get rounded once you have that many mats.

You can tell by the picture... Look at the "Value" column. All runestones are worth 1g. You can tell by the stack value how many are actually in there. I would guess you have 4002 Deni (rounded to 4k), 3979 Jora (rounded to 4k), and 4011 Ta (rounded to 4k).

Check the value column... Does THAT increment when you loot a node?
    Options
  • Jayne_Doe
    Jayne_Doe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    It seems to me that implementing potency scaling to all areas is designed so that they can still keep their original plan for players to have to rely on in-game vendors for potencies. Which hints at an eventual plan to have mimic potency runes for sale in the Crown Store.

If not this, then there is still something else that they aren't telling us. Frankly, when I read their reasons for changing the system to increase player participation it sounded like a PR piece - meaning, they aren't telling us the real reason but coming up with other reasons that seem plausible on an initial read - but we're all really too smart for that and started picking it apart right away, offering other more plausible solutions to their reasons for changing the system.

Since there has been ZERO response to this thread since the announced change to allow potencies to once again be harvested, it seems to me that this is the way it's gonna be 'cuz they've got some ulterior motive in mind that they haven't shared with us.
    Options
  • SpAEkus
    SpAEkus
    ✭✭✭✭
    Divinius wrote: »
    All runestones are worth 1g. You can tell by the stack value how many are actually in there. I would guess you have 4002 Deni (rounded to 4k), 3979 Jora (rounded to 4k), and 4011 Ta (rounded to 4k).

Check the value column... Does THAT increment when you loot a node?

Yes the value Column does increment, but the values are all different, there are break points in a pattern but I haven't mapped them all out.

Ta/Jejota/Denata = 1
    Rekuta/Kuta = 2
    Ode = 1
    Jaera/Pora = 2
    Rekura/Rera/Repora = 3

Bottom-line when I first saw the behavior I didn't expect that they would allow rounding just because all of our crafting systems are hard numbers based. I would rather they just made the numbers smaller if that meant exact display numbers but its hard coded xxx limit apparently.
    Thanks for letting us know it was rounding! It is working as intended, and as you guessed it's to make the UI look a little more tidy. This is one of those little details we'll add in the final patch notes about the Craft Bag; it's actually a global UI limit, not just within the Craft Bag, but the sheer amount of stuff you can hold in the Craft Bag does make it more noticeable.

Edited by SpAEkus on May 23, 2016 8:56PM
    Options