Maintenance for the week of July 1:
• NA megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• EU megaservers for maintenance – July 1, 8:00 UTC (4:00AM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – July 1, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wrobel wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for all of the passionate posts in this thread. Though this is our first response here, we’ve been reading this thread since it started and understand your opinions on the current state of the Templar.

The Thieves Guild update hosts a number of Templar buffs, but we recognize there are still some abilities that are under performing. Overall, the Templar has a lot of powerful abilities that we are happy with, but we feel there is still room for improvement. We will continue to evaluate and gather feedback after Thieves Guild goes live.

Something specific would be nice. These vague generalities aren't fooling anyone. Which skills are you happy with? Which do you admit need work? What are you going to do about resource management? You've had 2 years to think about this stuff, please elaborate a little.
    Options
  • Rudyard
    Rudyard
    ✭✭✭
    That's the best we get? Okay, I've now cancelled my subscription. Whether I buy future updates is up to further attention or lack there-of to the Templar class.
    Deacon Grim
    Options
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    When words and actions differ, believe actions.
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Minno wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for all of the passionate posts in this thread. Though this is our first response here, we’ve been reading this thread since it started and understand your opinions on the current state of the Templar.

The Thieves Guild update hosts a number of Templar buffs, but we recognize there are still some abilities that are under performing. Overall, the Templar has a lot of powerful abilities that we are happy with, but we feel there is still room for improvement. We will continue to evaluate and gather feedback after Thieves Guild goes live.

Dude, just quit your *** job because it's clear you have no idea wtf you're doing.

Its abusive to call for someone to have their job taken away.

It sucks as templars we feel our class's underperforms, but not our fault nor his that wrobel was given helm of a ship when the two people responsible for much of the game jumped ship leaving him to play catch-up.

He responded, said there will be continued efforts and reviews. Not much we can do except jump ship ourselves or stick around.

giphy.gif

Options
  • Zheg
    Zheg
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Zheg wrote: »
    Thanks to everyone for totally losing your minds in this thread. Though this is our first response here, we’ve been begrudgingly reading this thread since it started and understand that this class is totally lackluster.

The Thieves Guild update hosts a number of Templar non-fixes, but we recognize there is still a massive lack of variety for anyone not spamming Dflare next patch. Overall, the Templar has a few high DPS abilities that we are happy with, but we feel there is still nothing for tanks or anyone seeking the role of a smart healer. We will continue to ignore feedback after Thieves Guild goes live, so don't get your hopes up.

#CrownStore

Translated from ZOS into English.

When frodo puts a leash on smeagle and he screams "it burns!" - that's the visual I get for the discussion it took at ZOS to draw the short straw and reply in here.

Kudos on the translation, made me smirk.

I wanted to post the vid, but was at work and had to wait until I got home. Wrobel will never come back to the forums again.

[video]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjywd6ZTMUQ[/video]
    Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Alabyn wrote: »
    Husan wrote: »
    I'm just happy we got a response at all. Don't get me wrong, I still wont subscribe until DB, but at least this response gives me a glimmer of hope for the future of ESO. Not exactly the "dev-player interaction" we were promised in february 2015, but it's a start. Be cheerful my templar brethen, we got an acknowledgement from the man responsible for our future!

Yes. Lets keep the vitriol down guys. I think its fine to state, restate, reframe, contextualize, compare, contrast, debate, and quantify the issues, but we need to approach them reasonably.

Correct, let's be reasonable and patient, especially being apart of a generation that is used to instant responses and information.

But I probably wouldn't stay too long, especially with newer titles coming out.

Not my generation.

Frankly I'm aghast at what I just read here. "Suck it, Wrobel", requesting the community managers be replaced with more attractive models because their messaging isn't appealing, and vulgarities thinly disguised with acronyms & asterisks? Wow. Not the ESO community at its best. I know it's tough to be dignified when you're upset, but sheesh.

Yea it's tough, but the community might need a lesson in abusive language.

Part one: developer solving abusive language:
    http://recode.net/2015/07/07/doing-something-about-the-impossible-problem-of-abuse-in-online-games/

Part two: player-based abusive language:
    http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought I'd take a closer look at his statements

Thank you for acknowledging our passion and love for our class. I find it really sad that you have chosen not to respond until very late in the release process! It means that as far as Templars are concerned what you see is what you get - and most of the people in this thread have posted that we have been comprehensively ignored and destroyed.
    The Thieves Guild update hosts a number of Templar buffs, but we recognize there are still some abilities that are under performing.

Actually as far as I can determine from the Templar thread most if not all of the buffs that have been applied are effectively useless. I'm glad that you are acknowledging that there are abilities that are under-performing and I would really like to see a Vision and road map statement as per this thread:

forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/247350/an-open-letter-to-zos-from-a-very-concerned-templar/p1
    Overall, the Templar has a lot of powerful abilities that we are happy with, but we feel there is still room for improvement. We will continue to evaluate and gather feedback after Thieves Guild goes live.
    I'm glad that someone is happy round here, 'cause it sure ain't the Templars, 77 pages and counting of feedback should be a very powerful statement and something that should set alarm bells ringing in ZOS. @ZOS_MattFiror would be well advised to really look at the unhappiness that is very evident throughout this feedback thread and PUBLICLY respond to our concerns (I'm well aware he is not directly responsible for the mess, but the buck has to stop somewhere!)

I regret to inform you that your statement that you will continue to evaluate and gather feedback is perhaps the silliest comment I have seen throughout this thread. Your team has had two years and more to evaluate and gather feedback - the time for gathering feedback and evaluating is finished - stop dithering and fix the issues that the class needs fixing and implement a proper plan. This repeated and continuing failure to actually do anything is responsible for more people quitting this game than anything else and that loss of revenue directly threatens ZOS's future!

Options
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    The ones who complain about the changed have definately not played a magicka one on PTS.

I went to duel/test area earlier and 1shot people left and right. Some even called me a hacker and exploiter.

Jabs - very good
    Dark Flare - OP AF
    Jesus Beam - Back to 1.6

What else do u want?

So what, you one shot people? What class doesn't? I've seen Emps get one shot on live and with TG the damage numbers are going up while the survivabity is staying pretty much the same. Also, whos to say the people you one shot werent geared horribly or just plain bad? I mean I still see people wearing heavy armor, some of them "healers".

Templars will be in a much worse spot with TG and we were already pretty bad prior. The one thing we had going for us was best healer. Now ZOS has taken that away.

Focused Healing: Changed from 30% additional healing with Restoring Light abilities to allies standing in Rune Focus, Cleansing Ritual or Rite of Passage to Major Mending (+25% healing to all abilities) while you are standing in one of the aforementioned abilities or for 8 sec after leaving one of the abilities AoE. Conclusion, Rushed Ceremony (BoL) & Healing Ritual (which has never and still won't be used) lose 5% healing while all out of class heals get a 25% buff. I personally like this change because let's face it BoL over heals a lot as is and a 5% loss isn't going to change that while getting a 25% buff to out of class heals is very nice.

Restoring Focus: Now grants minor protection in addition to minor vitality. Conclusion, both of these should be major if templars are going to be completely gimped for mobility with the changes to Rapid Maneuver.

Healing Ritual: Who cares its useless.

Rushed Ceremony (BoL): This morph now only fires one additional secondary heal instead of two. Conclusion, this is going to require two cast instead of one in any high damage AoE (ie.. Vet Molag Kena or Ceremonial Guards) thus making a much larger issue for templars with resource management. We already have the worst resource management in the game and it just got much worse.

I've literally healed vWGT and vICP with every heal in class and out on my Templar and while it's doable I like having BoL for those "Oh crap" moments where the dps may be a little low or tank slightly under geared and it causes high spike damage. If ZOS wants the game healed 100% with HoT's, which seems to me they do, just remove BoL and be done with it. Don't remove BoL usefulness then give Sorcs a better version. You can already easily run vWGT and vICP with 4 dps Sorcs and now they get a "oh crap" burst heal on top of the best shields in the game. WTF were you thinking @Wrobel!?

I could go on but who cares anymore, it's pointless.
    Edited by MikeB on March 4, 2016 1:14AM
    Options
  • Alabyn
    Alabyn
    ✭✭✭
    I'm just happy we got a response at all. Don't get me wrong, I still wont subscribe until DB, but at least this response gives me a glimmer of hope for the future of ESO. Not exactly the "dev-player interaction" we were promised in february 2015, but it's a start. Be cheerful my templar brethen, we got an acknowledgement from the man responsible for our future!

Yes. Lets keep the vitriol down guys. I think its fine to state, restate, reframe, contextualize, compare, contrast, debate, and quantify the issues, but we need to approach them reasonably.

Correct, let's be reasonable and patient, especially being apart of a generation that is used to instant responses and information.

Not my generation.

Frankly I'm aghast at what I just read here. "Suck it, Wrobel", requesting the community managers be replaced with more attractive models because their messaging isn't appealing, and vulgarities thinly disguised with acronyms & asterisks? Wow. Not the ESO community at its best. I know it's tough to be dignified when you're upset, but sheesh.

http://recode.net/2015/07/07/doing-something-about-the-impossible-problem-of-abuse-in-online-games/

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/15/4622252/plague-of-game-dev-harassment-erodes-industry-spurs-support-groups

That's a fascinating read, thank you! I have some thoughts, but I won't put them here so as to not derail the thread.
    Edited by Alabyn on March 4, 2016 12:59AM
    Options
  • MikeB
    MikeB
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Seriously? This is the crap you desicide to post after a month and 75 pages of well thought out suggestions on how to fix your mess? Please, enlighten me on what abilities in the Templar class, plural, you think are powerful. Are you talking about Wall of Elements powerful or actually powerful? I recall you saying, I'm paraphrasing, "We can't buff Wall of Elements because it already melts people". This was said prior to Orsinium and the crappy WoE staff no one wants or uses.

The Templar class is nothing but underperforming abilities, especially once BoL is nerfed to be Honor the Dead without magicka returns. No homogenizing there though.

Edited by MikeB on March 4, 2016 1:12AM
    Options
  • technohic
    technohic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Soris wrote: »
    Wow Eric in da House

And he will easily regret it more than any other class for coming into our house.
    Options
  • ThatGuyCameron
    ThatGuyCameron
    ✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »

Dude, just quit your *** job because it's clear you have no idea wtf you're doing.

It's just embarrassing that you would even say such a thing. It does nothing to help Templars or this thread. Makes me want to come through the Internet and teach you a few manners.

This Templar about to leave his house to deal some justice in the name of Stendarr!
    Ebonheart EU Xbox One
    Options
  • bubblebuttboss
    bubblebuttboss
    ✭✭✭

I mean honestly there's not much work to be done now wrobel

Fix our gap closer

a lil bit of mobility, or making our house cheaper, or more effective house defense

eclipse needs to be totally reworked

sunshield needs to be totally reworked

healing ulti and sweep ulti need a total rework

a few passives need a tweek

Bam. done.

you're on the right path, keep at it. in the mean time ill be playing BDO, thanks for stopping by =)

Edited by bubblebuttboss on March 4, 2016 2:45AM
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dark Flare a self imposed 1.3 second snare
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mr_Nobody wrote: »
    The ones who complain about the changed have definately not played a magicka one on PTS.

I went to duel/test area earlier and 1shot people left and right. Some even called me a hacker and exploiter.

Jabs - very good
    Dark Flare - OP AF
    Jesus Beam - Back to 1.6

What else do u want?

I'll tell you what I want.

Mobility
    Access to Major Brutality without having to oursource it
    A decent shield
    A damage buff on Sweeps since I have to *** aim it and getting locked in place is stupid when I get rooted.

The execute change is nice, dark flare is also nice, however getting dark flare off in PvP is tedious, try doing a 1v2 scenario with that.

Everyone wants mobility but ZOS are stripping it away telling us how to play even though almost all of the *** community is against it

There changes are only good for PvE, really good. But PvPers got the short end of the stick hardcore.

--

And the biggest irritation is ZOS proved how incapable they really are, they nerf Breath of Life to hit 2 people, essentially making Honor the Dead a much better choice, so now, Honor the Dead is a lot more powerful, mine currently hits for 15k in PvP at full health.
    Since it no longer heals 3 people, ball groups are going to be stacking more templars with honor the dead causing a lot more problems and longer fights, same with small groups.

Nice thoughout plan you have there Wrobel. I give you an A+ for that.
    Edited by Nifty2g on March 4, 2016 2:45AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not my generation.

Wow. I can be a little harsh at times, I'll admit that, but why would someone threaten the lives of one of these people? The personal attacks are unnecessary, and to be honest I appreciate that @Wrobel hopped on here. I agree with one of the earlier statements by another that its unreasonable to expect devs to sit in on our chatter and reply back and forth constantly. There's no way they have the time for that, I think the core was that many Templars just wanted to know that they were being heard, and that maybe the developers have a plan.

The class definitely needs fixes and I'd love to hear some of his ideas on vision, but the truth is maybe he hasn't had a chance to really pore over all we've said. Their team might have 5 whiteboards filled with ideas on the things we've said. We really have no way of knowing.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on March 4, 2016 3:15AM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • david.haypreub18_ESO
    david.haypreub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Sorry, but that is nowhere near enough. This was the patch where you had to deliver something more than words.

You're still obviously in denial here, and not offering anything concrete, after more than a year of nothing except nerfs and failures to fix broken skills.

That is nowhere near enough.

Templars are 'just slower... by design'
    Yes, Gina actually said that (at least regarding Rushed Ceremony) right here:
    http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/161959/templar-skills-bugged-made-useless-ignored/p24
    VR 16 Templar (retired until Templars get fixed)
    VR 16 Sorcerer
    38 Nightblade
    24 DK
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not my generation.

Wow. I can be a little harsh at times, I'll admit that, but why would someone threaten the lives of one of these people? The personal attacks are unnecessary, and to be honest I appreciate that @Wrobel hopped on here. I agree with one of the earlier statements by another that its unreasonable to expect devs to sit in on our chatter and reply back and forth constantly. There's no way they have the time for that, I think the core was that many Templars just wanted to know that they were being heard, and that maybe the developers have a plan.

The class definitely needs fixes and I'd love to hear some of his ideas on vision, but the truth is maybe he hasn't had a chance to really pore over all we've said. Their team might have 5 whiteboards filled with ideas on the things we've said. We really have no way of knowing.

Hasn't had a chance? In two years he hasnt had a chance? Hmm
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not my generation.

I think its pretty clear based on my previous posts that I feel they've taken way too long and have done a poor job balancing/repairing things. I'm just saying that its possible they're working on something, and hopefully something valuable comes out of this. That's all we can hope really.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭

Well, I appreciate the response, but when there's nearly 80 pages in the span of one month filled with posts from people, who presumably, like myself, main a templar, the statement that templars are powerful just can't really be justified.
    Yes, there's room for improvement...there's room for a complete overhaul of the class. I've mixed up my build many a time and it's about the best I can get right about now, but I still can't hit or heal for anything, I've got no natural defenses, no mobility and most of the time I use up the majority of my magicka bar just spam healing myself because of it. At that point, why even bother playing if all I can do is run around healing myself? This is a problem not just because of the lack of defense and mobility abilities, but also because the nerf to BOL, the only really worthwhile healing skill, makes the skill far too weak to be something that I don't need to use up a full magicka bar for when I'm taking damage.
    I'm asking you Eric...see it from our perspective. We get stomped in PVP consistently...yes, there's going to be the exceptional few who manage to make it work...but the majority of us are incredibly dissatisfied with the handling of the class.
    Edited by skarvika on March 4, 2016 5:23AM
    QQing is a full time job
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Wrobel
    What *** buff does TG give Templar?
    DARK FLARE? WHERE YOU ARE SNARE YOURSELF AND PEOPLE CAN REFLECT IT AT YOU INSTANTLY OR DODGE IT?

I see absolutely no *** Templar buffs in this update apart from indireclty being buffed in PvE because of Champion System, but that is a class wide affect.

In fact I'll list to you all the changes, seems like you forgot them
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Blazing Spear (Spear Shards morph): This morph now displays a hostile red telegraph if it is cast from enemy Templars.
      • Focused Charge: This ability and its morphs are now more responsive, and will no longer cause you to become stuck in the charge animation.
      • Piercing Javelin: Increased the range of this ability and its morphs to 28 meters from 20 meters.
      • Puncturing Strikes: This ability and its morphs no longer knockback and apply crowd control immunity to the nearest enemy on the final hit; instead, they now snare that enemy by 70% for two seconds.
      • Radial Sweep: Increased the radius of this ability and its morphs to 6 meters from 5 meters.
      • Radiant Ward (Sun Shield morph): Increased the shield strength bonus from this morph’s shield to 6% per enemy hit from 5%.
    • Dawn’s Wrath
      • Backlash: Increased the maximum damage limit for this ability and its morphs by 25%, but decreased their damage stored amount by 66%. In addition, this ability and its morphs can no longer be reflected.
      • Eclipse:
        • This ability and the Total Dark morph can now reflect ranged physical projectiles back to the enemy, in addition to spell projectiles.
        • Revised the tooltips for this ability and the Total Dark morph to indicate that the area damage effect is separate from the self-reflect effect, and can be applied to a CC-immune target.
        • Fixed an issue where this ability and the Total Dark morph could reflect snares from ground-placed ticking abilities, such as Caltrops or Ash Cloud, and cause you to move at extremely high speeds.
      • Enduring Rays:
        • This passive ability now only increases the duration of the Sun Fire, Eclipse, and Nova abilities.
        • Increased this passive ability’s bonus to 15/30% more duration at Ranks I/II from 10/20%.
      • Nova:
        • Reduced the effects and visual light intensity for this ability and its morphs.
        • Increased the damage from the Supernova and Gravity Crush synergies by 16%.
        • Increased the activation range for the Supernova and Gravity Crush synergies to 3.5 meters from 2.5 meters.
      • Radiant Destruction: Fixed an issue where the execute bonus damage from this ability would not apply if multiple Templars were channeling these abilities on the same target.
      • Solar Flare: Increased the damage for this ability and the Dark Flare morph by 12%. The damage of the Solar Barrage morph remains unchanged.
      • Unstable Core (Eclipse morph): Increased the area damage when the effect ends by 50% and can be placed on an unlimited amount of targets, but it no longer reflects single target spells back to the enemy.
      • Vampire’s Bane (Sun Fire morph): Increased the damage over time duration for this morph to 9 seconds from 7 seconds.
    • Restoring Light
      • Breath of Life (Rushed Ceremony morph): This morph now only fires one additional secondary heal, previously two heals.
      • Cleansing Ritual:
        • Increased the healing from the Purify synergy from this ability and its morphs by 12%.
        • Fixed an issue where this ability and its morphs could be used to cleanse projectiles that were mid-flight. It now matches the behavior of the Purge ability.
      • Focused Healing: This passive ability now grants you the Major Mending buff while standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage area effects and for up to 2/4 seconds after leaving them at Ranks I/II, instead of granting you 15/30% more healing to allies standing in your own Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus, or Rite of Passage.
      • Healing Ritual: Reduced the cast time for this ability and its morphs by 25%, and reduced the healing done by 25%.
      • Radiant Aura (Restoring Aura morph): This morph now grants you and your allies the Major Intellect buff upon activation, as well as having an increased radius as a morph effect.
      • Restoring Focus (Rune Focus morph): This morph now grants you the Minor Protection buff, in addition to granting the Minor Vitality buff as a morph effect.
      • Rite of Passage: In order to prevent visual issues or issues where the channel would end prematurely, this ability and its morphs can no longer be cast in mid-air.
      • Rune Focus: Revised the tooltips for this ability and its morphs to indicate that the Major Ward and Major Resolve buffs will stick to you for 8 seconds after leaving the rune, while the morph effects of Channeled Focus and Restoring Focus require you to remain in the rune at all times.

From 2.3.1
    Templar
    • Restoring Light
      • Healing Ritual: Fixed an issue with this ability and its morphs where the visual effects would linger on your hands after casting.

From 2.3.2
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Crescent Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the bonus to the initial hit provided by this morph to 66% more damage dealt from 33%.
      • Empowering Sweep (Radial Sweep morph): Increased the duration of the damage reduction provided by this morph to 10 seconds from 8 seconds.
      • Focused Charge: The damage from this ability and the Toppling Charge morph can now be dodged.
    • Dawn’s Wrath
      • Eclipse: Fixed an issue with this ability and the Total Dark morph that was causing your health bar to not update properly whenever you reflected attacks back to yourself.
    • Restoring Light
      • Rune Focus: All the effects provided by this ability and its morphs will now remain on you for up to 8 seconds after leaving the rune’s radius.

From 2.3.3
    Templar
    • Aedric Spear
      • Focused Charge: Made further improvements to this ability and its morphs to prevent you from getting locked out of using other abilities.

Now lets see

Focused Charge: BROKEN STILL AFTER 2 YEARS, FIX IT ALREADY THIS IS A JOKE

Rune Focus: At least you decided to fix it from the ridiculousness it was in the first patch note.

Cresent Sweep: Still useless, make it grant major brutality we don't have a *** source for it. Meteor is way better ultimate now
    Eclipse: Nice changes, however pretty ineffective

Radiant Aura: Nice but no one will drop Repentance

Healing Ritual: Still and always will be a useless skill unless it is instant cast, stop giving us channeled heals. And for the love of god please stop buffing it. Work on changing it around first.

Focused Healing: Best Templar buff this patch.

Radiant Destruction: Finally but this is a PvE buff

Puncturing Strikes
    : Personally, I loved the knock back.

Backlash: Another PvE buff I don't see this working in PvP

Nova Gravity Crush buff was nice, sort've unneeded but I'll take it.

Solar Flare: I don't understand this buff, this skill will still not really be used in PvP, you stand still like an idiot open to being interrupted and the skill will be dodged or reflected in a lot of situations.

Sun Shield: Until you make this based off max health, don't even bother.

Breath of Life: Lets nerf a heal and make people stack even more Templar healers afking in ball groups. Smart. Not only that but nerf PvE healing for no reason.
    Overall, the Templar has a lot of powerful abilities that we are happy with
    Pardon me, this is not powerful at all, all you adjusted was the healing, a synergy, a snare and made a skill hit 12% harder on yourself.

Until ZOS decide to listen to community feedback I don't see the game heading in a better direction other than the current slippery slope it's going down.
    I still love the class but the blatant stubbornness is absurd going on from the Developers.
    Edited by Nifty2g on March 4, 2016 5:47AM
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    jamesharv2005ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Not my generation.

I think its pretty clear based on my previous posts that I feel they've taken way too long and have done a poor job balancing/repairing things. I'm just saying that its possible they're working on something, and hopefully something valuable comes out of this. That's all we can hope really.

Its also possible I might quit drinking next week. I highly doubt it tho.
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    Its also possible I might quit drinking next week. I highly doubt it tho.

Mine's a Large Gin & Tonic, hold the tonic!
    Options
  • Rakkul
    Rakkul
    ✭✭✭
    I know people can get frustrated but try to remember your mana's.
    Then at least one side will.
    Options
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Templar has a lot of powerful abilities

No doubt, that out of the four houses below, the bottom house is the most secure and uninviting.

35mdy54.png

14awj1i.png

r04609.png

200cl1f.png

Options
  • Bashev
    Bashev
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »

No doubt, that out of the four houses below, the bottom house is the most secure and uninviting.

35mdy54.png

14awj1i.png

r04609.png

200cl1f.png

The Templar house is so shiny. It says "Please come in, you are welcome!". At least the other 3 looks like scary and make you think twice before you go inside :smiley: D
    Because I can!
    Options
  • Nifty2g
    Nifty2g
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

35mdy54.png

14awj1i.png

r04609.png

200cl1f.png

You forgot to put healing ritual on your bar. smh
    #MOREORBS
    Options
  • Asheel
    Asheel
    Bashev wrote: »

35mdy54.png

14awj1i.png

r04609.png

200cl1f.png

The Templar house is so shiny. It says "Please come in, you are welcome!". At least the other 3 looks like scary and make you think twice before you go inside :smiley: D

HAHAHAHA ... :D
    PSN-ID: A_s_h_e_e_l
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel So we must wait until next DLC to be somewhat competitive? Although im sure the same thing is gonna happen, 1m increased range for our useless ult then you're gonna call it a day, a feedback thread will be made for each class and while nb sorc and dk average 10 to 20 pages templars will have near 100 pages of complains, you will not respond until patch is almost out and you will say "we feel like templars are very powerfull they just need a few tweaks, wait until our next DLC" and this thing will happen over and over again. WHY DO WE HAVE TO WAIT FOR A DLC TO GET OUR CLASS FIXED? Not only that, but stam sorcs are in a horrible spot at the moment and you are not even thinking about changing anything.
    You know what whatever, keep your unbalanced and unfair game to yourself, if the Blader class was out I would have uninstalled this game already. Worst 50$ ever spent in my entire life.
    Options