Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of October 7:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – October 7
• Xbox: EU megaserver for maintenance – October 9, 2:00 UTC (October 8, 10:00PM EDT) - 16:00 UTC (12:00PM EDT)
We will be performing maintenance for patch 10.2.3 on the PTS on Monday at 10:00AM EDT (14:00 UTC).

Official Feedback Thread for Templars

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Animal as long as the range is LOS. The problem was they were in range but not in sight. this promoted " Templars in Hiding" who merely spammed bol and gained AP.
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Basic tools missing from the Templar toolset:
    • Major Evasion
    • Major Brutality
    • Major Sorcery
    • Minor Maim
    • Major Breach
    • Major Fracture

Possible ways these could be included into the Templar class:
      Major Evasion - Passive activation through activating an ability in the line or meeting a conditional. Added onto Enduring Rays and activates every time a Dawn's Wrath ability is cast. Added onto Burning Light and activates with damage proc or activates on casting an Aedric Spear ability. Added onto Light Weaver and has the same duration and condition as Focused Healing (stand in Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus or Rite of Passage and persists for 4 seconds after leaving/expiring). Major Brutality - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Current active buff moved to Restoring Spirit and weakened (10% to all Recovery and 4% cost reduction to all abilities). Major Sorcery - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Could replace Restoring Aura's active buff, making it a part of the base ability. Minor Maim - Added to Solar Barrage. Solar Barrage is underused compared to Dark Flare and used to be beneficial to tanking (old debuff was effectively granting Empower to party), makes Solar Barrage useful for tanking again and equally viable to Dark Flare in PvP (offensive vs defensive morph). Major Breach - Added to Piercing Javelin. Piercing Javelin is lackluster for the cost (cost inefficient), Major Breach may make it cost efficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor." Major Fracture - Added to Piercing Javelin. Piercing Javelin is lackluster for the cost (cost inefficient), Major Fracture may make it cost efficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor."
    Edited by Ffastyl on February 24, 2016 12:33PM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
  • Animal_Mother
    Animal_Mother
    ✭✭✭✭
    Animal as long as the range is LOS. The problem was they were in range but not in sight. this promoted " Templars in Hiding" who merely spammed bol and gained AP.

I certainly agree with you about LOS. That should have been fundamental with the coding.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    All I really need to say is that I came back to ESO a couple days ago and now I'm leaving again. When I left a little over a year ago, templars were already the weakest class. Now it's become near unplayable.
    Players shouldn't need to re-roll and lose the presumably large amount of time they put into their templar characters + spend all that time over again on a different class just because templars are so weak.
    I'd never ask for my class to be godly; I just want to be viable and that's virtually impossible with this class. I'll come back when I hear that templars can actually do something in Cyrodiil besides be AP farming fodder.
    Your sig is awesome.
    Edited by skarvika on February 24, 2016 3:23AM
    QQing is a full time job
  • Cloroplatinico
    Ffastyl wrote: »
    • Major Evasion
    • Major Brutality
    • Major Sorcery
    • Minor Maim
    • Major Breach
    • Major Fracture

Major Evasion - Passive activation through activating an ability in the line or meeting a conditional. Added onto Enduring Rays and activates every time a Dawn's Wrath ability is cast. Added onto Burning Light and activates with damage proc or activates on casting an Aedric Spear ability. Added onto Light Weaver and has the same duration and condition as Focused Healing (stand in Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus or Rite of Passage and persists for 4 seconds after leaving/expiring). Major Brutality - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Current active buff moved to Restoring Spirit and weakened (10% to all Recovery and 4% cost reduction to all abilities). Major Sorcery - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Could replace Restoring Aura's active buff, making it a part of the base ability. Minor Maim - Added to Solar Barrage. Added to Piercing Javelin. Solar Barrage is underused compared to Dark Flare and used to be beneficial to tanking (old debuff was effectively granting Empower to party), makes Solar Barrage useful for tanking again and equally viable to Dark Flare in PvP (offensive vs defensive morph). Piercing Javelin is lackluster for the cost (cost inefficient), Minor Maim may make it cost efficient. Major Breach - Upgrade Power of the Light's Minor Breach. Added to Piercing Javelin. May make either ability more usable. Power of the Light is lackluster in most situations. Piercing Javelin is cost inefficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor." Major Fracture - Upgrade Power of the Light's Minor Fracture. Added to Piercing Javelin. May make either ability more usable. Power of the Light is lackluster in most situations. Piercing Javelin is cost inefficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor."

Power of the Light is the only skill in game providing minor breach and minor fracture, wich is awesome for stamina templar, you can have major fracture and major breach from pierce armor and stack two effects, if u modify power of the light as u said it becomes useless and u'll nerf templars even more. U can have major brutality from flying blade or rally so don't worry about that.
  • Cloroplatinico
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    FENGRUSH wrote: »
    danno8 wrote: »
    Sypher wrote: »
    Dreddlock- wrote: »
    @sypherpk and @blabafat Im very tired of repeating the same thing but I will so you guys can get it. Can templar be somewhat succesfull in pvp? Yes. Can templars be competitive in pvp? Magicka to a certain degree and a big NO for stam templar (same can be said about stam sorc)
    I dare you guys to fight Sribes or any good sword and board stam DK with a templar (magicka or stamina). As I said before, you will not beat him. @sypherpk thinks of himself as a very talented player, id like to see him tryhard vs a top 5 magicka sorc on a templar (stam or magicka)
    I could also post videos of me slaying 5+ dudes, heck, even 10 dudes sometimes in iC and all that as a stamina templar but that doesn't mean that the class is fine. You sypher kill vr4s and 5s by just spamming jabs then you expect us all to "realise" how good templars are.

I didn't post the videos to prove templars are top notch. I know they are not. I just posted them to show that I have enough experience with the class to at least talk about the class.

I highly regard your DK, Sorc, and Nightblade skills, but when you don't even know if the removal of knockback on puncturing sweeps and it's morphs are good or bad..... please stop. Your embarrassing your self.

Actually it would have been embarrassing if I pretended to know if it was a good or bad thing without actually having the knowledge.

At least I can admit when I don't know something or make a mistake. Except some of you are looking at a 2.5 hour video I posted where I read the notes for the first time quickly without any real time to reflect/analyze it and are trying to rip any slight mistake or slip up just to belittle or discredit me.

I stated right in the begging of my Templar part of the video that "I am NOT a Templar expert" so I'm confused where you are getting this idea that I know the class inside out. All I said was I've played it and I'm commenting on it from my experience with the class.

Where did this elitist attitude come from?

The issue wasn't your mistake or slip up. The issue, for me at least, was the reflexive whine about an insignificant buff to a Templar synergy even though you had no idea what it was. It demonstrated your bias. You were so prepared to whine for more nerfs that you did it before you even knew what you were whining about.

Additionally, you basically celebrated the BoL nerf like it was a birthday present showing even more bias. You certainly have the right to be as bias as you want and celebrate our nerfs, but you shouldn't expect a friendly reception in our thread afterwards.

I have v16 magica and stamina templars. So I have no bias against them.

I also celebrated the bol nerf. It's so frigging annoying when fighting that a templar anywhere in the range, who may be having his own fight and doesn't even know his alliance memeber is fighting, heals himself and then the guy i'm fighting is getting healed.

It's way too strong in pvp. Pve wise, most the content is far too easy as it is. So having to use more than bol isn't a big deal.

So I'm glad it got nerfed. That along with the barrier and purge nerf may mean that people will have to use their brains and not just get saved by other people who happen to be near them.

I honestly can't wait for Sorcerers with the new improved BoL from Twilight Matriarch, who will now be fully shielded with a refreshable Hardened Ward, to start stacking and healing even better in a 35m no line of site circle.

People are gonna lament the old BoL.

It does sort of take the teeth out of their justification that BOL was "Too powerful a heal" when they take that exact same heal and give it to sorcerers... and make it even better (costing no mana, on a shieldable pet, spammable), while leaving ours still costing the same amount yet healing for 25% less.

But hey, whatever. Gives me an even better reason to level my sorcerer and heal on him instead. Assuming I decide to keep playing.

Lol I cant wait for people to replace burst healing of templars with pets - Im sure thatll work out great.

Exactly, it straight up won't happen. Nobody will run them on pvp. Nobody.

To be fair a 95% of the crying about BoL was the fact that the templar could be hiding behind a wall/up the stairs/in the tower unseen and untouched and still healing and spamming away saving people.

That is the role the pet is perfect for. Which is why it is so funny to me.

Why do people word it as crying. Healing two people, randomly within it's radius is plain stupid and has zero level of skill. People in groups will have to run their own heal now abs actually multi task.

A game where everyone is solo and PVP becomes a FFA doesn't appeal to everyone. It certainly doesn't appeal to me. The most fun I have in PVP is playing a healer and supporting my team. I think it's a blast. Take that away an I'm gone. Cyrodiil will eventually become a ghost zone where the only people left are solo and the only thing left to do is fight 1v1 arena style. There will be no new blood or no new fodder. People like you will complain about stuff why PVP is all 1v1 and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. Congrats, it looks like you're winning.

Well the game got a lot more fun for you. You'll have to use more in your arsenal than bol.

People will have to slot a heal for themselves. How is that making it a solo game??

I only PVP. I only Heal. I didn't choose the BOL morph. I chose Honor the Dead for the extra Magicka recovery. Nobody on my team gives a damn that I don't have BOL, cause I'm good. The fact that some healers have a braincell and made a twerp that your twerp couldn't kill in 1.3 seconds says a lot more about you than it does about me. How dare I not die fast enough! Quit deflecting and making this personal.

Honor of the dead is for solo playing (so not for healers because u are supposed to heal other people) and for tanks: Other people don't care if u have honor of the dead not because your are good but because they are good enough to ignore your presence on the battle ground.
  • AOECAPS
    AOECAPS
    ✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH have enjoyed watching you "protect your house" with your stamplar

The video I saw him post, he didn't actually use a 'House' though. His Templar build is basically a nightblade build, with a couple golden moves thrown in for good measure. I'm not mocking him for doing that, its what a lot of us Stamplars do, I'm just saying that maybe people should pay a little more notice to what we're talking about on the issue. We give up mobility, but we don't get much back in return for it as a Stamplar other than Balanced Warrior, low regeneration #'s, and Repentance for when the battle is over. I'm not going to deny Javelin is a useful skill, but it is hardly unique to the class.
    I'm fully aware but it's nice to see him play his stamplar and wreck ppl with it. I'm sorry I'm not blaming him fir the Bol nerf

• SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Fengrush has since clarified his position and doing the best with what he has. He did what most Stamplars do. I tried the stamplar thing and I only slotted repentence the rest was stampede wb executioner and evil hunter. ultimate was ice comet or db
    my off bar was a healing staff for the rare heal.I did not like being a stamplar. kudos to those who can rock it.

we have lots of needs. How many we get and which ones we get IF ZOS decides to give them is the great unknown.

If we can get the causes of our nerfs fixed then we can focus on getting some of what we lost back. FFastyl you have an excellent post we should add that to Joy's and Cinbri's.
  • Hiero_Glyph
    Hiero_Glyph
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    maxjapank wrote: »
    @bowmanz607

No offense mate. But Templars do use other spells to heal, damage, and support their groups. It isn't just spamming Breath of Life. But as I said, you obviously don't Templar. Instead, you listen to bs and begin to believe that bs.

The only thing you've said that could be debatable is "smart heals". But as a healer, I would quit healing instantly if they took this out of the game. I don't want to stare at grids and click on people, choosing who to heal. The whole style of "whack a mole" healing like it existed in World of Warcraft is terrible. It isn't fun at all. All you do is stare at your grid. You never really get to enjoy the fight.

Now making "Line of sight" effect healing spells is something that I would consider.

But let's not confuse the two. They are different things.

The issue with smart healing is that it takes control away from the caster. The more players that are around you the less control you have over who gets healed. While I will not advocate for tab target healing, at least the caster has complete control over who gets healed, for how much, and even when. As a result a smarter solution is to give the caster control over how the heal operates such as by making a spell have two variations, an instant cast and a channeled effect.

The instant cast component would require a single press of the input and allow for instant but weaker heals. The channeled component would require holding the input for a minimum duration (like 0.5s+) and would improve the heal based on the duration of the channel. You could also add in a full channel bonus where if the caster reaches the maximum channel duration (such as 3s) it provides a bonus effect as well (like granting minor evasion, healing an additional target, or covering a larger radius). This would give the caster complete control over the skill without making one an instant cast and another a channel. Why not have both for the same skill and reward actual smart play?
    Edited by Hiero_Glyph on February 24, 2016 4:24AM
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smart LOS Play over Smart non los Heals ?

Could ZOS do that?
  • Razorback174
    Razorback174
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    All I really need to say is that I came back to ESO a couple days ago and now I'm leaving again. When I left a little over a year ago, templars were already the weakest class. Now it's become near unplayable.
    Players shouldn't need to re-roll and lose the presumably large amount of time they put into their templar characters + spend all that time over again on a different class just because templars are so weak.
    I'd never ask for my class to be godly; I just want to be viable and that's virtually impossible with this class. I'll come back when I hear that templars can actually do something in Cyrodiil besides be AP farming fodder.
    Your sig is awesome.

tumblr_lpg9b3VuXM1qlh1s6o1_400.gif
  • BullNetch
    BullNetch
    ✭✭✭
    @sypherpk and @blabafat Im very tired of repeating the same thing but I will so you guys can get it. Can templar be somewhat succesfull in pvp? Yes. Can templars be competitive in pvp? Magicka to a certain degree and a big NO for stam templar (same can be said about stam sorc)
    I dare you guys to fight Sribes or any good sword and board stam DK with a templar (magicka or stamina). As I said before, you will not beat him. @sypherpk thinks of himself as a very talented player, id like to see him tryhard vs a top 5 magicka sorc on a templar (stam or magicka)
    I could also post videos of me slaying 5+ dudes, heck, even 10 dudes sometimes in iC and all that as a stamina templar but that doesn't mean that the class is fine. You sypher kill vr4s and 5s by just spamming jabs then you expect us all to "realise" how good templars are.

I didn't post the videos to prove templars are top notch. I know they are not. I just posted them to show that I have enough experience with the class to at least talk about the class.

I highly regard your DK, Sorc, and Nightblade skills, but when you don't even know if the removal of knockback on puncturing sweeps and it's morphs are good or bad..... please stop. Your embarrassing your self.

Actually it would have been embarrassing if I pretended to know if it was a good or bad thing without actually having the knowledge.

At least I can admit when I don't know something or make a mistake. Except some of you are looking at a 2.5 hour video I posted where I read the notes for the first time quickly without any real time to reflect/analyze it and are trying to rip any slight mistake or slip up just to belittle or discredit me.

I stated right in the begging of my Templar part of the video that "I am NOT a Templar expert" so I'm confused where you are getting this idea that I know the class inside out. All I said was I've played it and I'm commenting on it from my experience with the class.

The issue wasn't your mistake or slip up. The issue, for me at least, was the reflexive whine about an insignificant buff to a Templar synergy even though you had no idea what it was. It demonstrated your bias. You were so prepared to whine for more nerfs that you did it before you even knew what you were whining about.

Additionally, you basically celebrated the BoL nerf like it was a birthday present showing even more bias. You certainly have the right to be as bias as you want and celebrate our nerfs, but you shouldn't expect a friendly reception in our thread afterwards.

I also celebrated the bol nerf. It's so frigging annoying when fighting that a templar anywhere in the range, who may be having his own fight and doesn't even know his alliance memeber is fighting, heals himself and then the guy i'm fighting is getting healed.

It's way too strong in pvp. Pve wise, most the content is far too easy as it is. So having to use more than bol isn't a big deal.

So I'm glad it got nerfed. That along with the barrier and purge nerf may mean that people will have to use their brains and not just get saved by other people who happen to be near them.

I honestly can't wait for Sorcerers with the new improved BoL from Twilight Matriarch, who will now be fully shielded with a refreshable Hardened Ward, to start stacking and healing even better in a 35m no line of site circle.

It does sort of take the teeth out of their justification that BOL was "Too powerful a heal" when they take that exact same heal and give it to sorcerers... and make it even better (costing no mana, on a shieldable pet, spammable), while leaving ours still costing the same amount yet healing for 25% less.

But hey, whatever. Gives me an even better reason to level my sorcerer and heal on him instead. Assuming I decide to keep playing.

Lol I cant wait for people to replace burst healing of templars with pets - Im sure thatll work out great.

To be fair a 95% of the crying about BoL was the fact that the templar could be hiding behind a wall/up the stairs/in the tower unseen and untouched and still healing and spamming away saving people.

Why do people word it as crying. Healing two people, randomly within it's radius is plain stupid and has zero level of skill. People in groups will have to run their own heal now abs actually multi task.

A game where everyone is solo and PVP becomes a FFA doesn't appeal to everyone. It certainly doesn't appeal to me. The most fun I have in PVP is playing a healer and supporting my team. I think it's a blast. Take that away an I'm gone. Cyrodiil will eventually become a ghost zone where the only people left are solo and the only thing left to do is fight 1v1 arena style. There will be no new blood or no new fodder. People like you will complain about stuff why PVP is all 1v1 and you'll have nobody to blame but yourself. Congrats, it looks like you're winning.

Well the game got a lot more fun for you. You'll have to use more in your arsenal than bol.

People will have to slot a heal for themselves. How is that making it a solo game??

I only PVP. I only Heal. I didn't choose the BOL morph. I chose Honor the Dead for the extra Magicka recovery. Nobody on my team gives a damn that I don't have BOL, cause I'm good. The fact that some healers have a braincell and made a twerp that your twerp couldn't kill in 1.3 seconds says a lot more about you than it does about me. How dare I not die fast enough! Quit deflecting and making this personal.

Honor of the dead is for solo playing (so not for healers because u are supposed to heal other people) and for tanks: Other people don't care if u have honor of the dead not because your are good but because they are good enough to ignore your presence on the battle ground.

this.

In PVP , non-templar magicka builds are usually running a healing staff and the stam builds are running vigor and/or momentum.

BoL is staple for templar healers who don't want a cookie-cutter healing springs spamming healing build.

The BoL really helps with pugs because they don't need to stack on the healing springs and such. This gives the group more freedom.

IMO, the compromise solution is to make Rushed ceremony e an instant 10-15m radius AOE magicka heal (magicka version of vigor) and making healing ritual a copy of Chain Heal from WoW that's a 1 second cast with a morph that enables an chance for instant cast after a crit or any skill activation.

Edited by BullNetch on February 24, 2016 4:33AM
  • maxjapank
    maxjapank
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @bowmanz607

No offense mate. But Templars do use other spells to heal, damage, and support their groups. It isn't just spamming Breath of Life. But as I said, you obviously don't Templar. Instead, you listen to bs and begin to believe that bs.

The only thing you've said that could be debatable is "smart heals". But as a healer, I would quit healing instantly if they took this out of the game. I don't want to stare at grids and click on people, choosing who to heal. The whole style of "whack a mole" healing like it existed in World of Warcraft is terrible. It isn't fun at all. All you do is stare at your grid. You never really get to enjoy the fight.

Now making "Line of sight" effect healing spells is something that I would consider.

The issue with smart healing is that it takes control away from the caster. The more players that are around you the less control you have over who gets healed. While I will not advocate for tab target healing, at least the caster has complete control over who gets healed, for how much, and even when. As a result a smarter solution is to give the caster control over how the heal operates such as by making a spell have two variations, an instant cast and a channeled effect.

The instant cast component would require a single press of the input and allow for instant but weaker heals. The channeled component would require holding the input for a minimum duration (like 0.5s+) and would improve the heal based on the duration of the channel. You could also add in a full channel bonus where if the caster reaches the maximum channel duration (such as 3s) it provides a bonus effect as well (like granting minor evasion, healing an additional target, or covering a larger radius). This would give the caster complete control over the skill without making one an instant cast and another a channel. Why not have both for the same skill and reward actual smart play?

I hear what you're saying. But there is a lot of smart playing happening, and it isn't just healing. But regardless, healing in ESO is fun. Why even touch it? Just let it continue to be fun as is.
  • skarvika
    skarvika
    ✭✭✭✭
    skarvika wrote: »
    Your sig is awesome.

tumblr_lpg9b3VuXM1qlh1s6o1_400.gif
    That's me alright.
    I really wish I could enjoy this game as a templar.
    QQing is a full time job
  • staracino_ESO
    staracino_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭
    I have been working on a complete rework for the entire Templar class (as well as the others, but Templar is almost done)

Here is what I have for the first two restoring light abilities that I think will help out with spamming.

Rushed Ceremony - I feel these changes will make healing not so rampant, but keep Templars as competitive healers without having to use a Restoration Staff.
    Base - Now has a 1 second cast time. This is a bomb heal, and should have a cast time for the amount of healing that it is capable of.
    Honor the Dead - Same cast time and mana return, but the same amount of mana comes in over 4 seconds instead of 8. If the mana-return conditions are met, the recipient if the heal also gets a small (5-10% HP) damage shield.
    Breath of Light - Same cast time. Heals up to 4 allies for 50-75% of Rushed Ceremony values. (not sure on what this percentage should be)
    This ability would now be for the Templar who is good at "predicting" damage. Its high cost and cast time would make spamming it less useful, but it could be spammed when you know big group damage is coming, or when 1 person is being hammered on for most of their Health. It would make a good supplement for smaller, controlled heals and HOTS.

Healing Ritual - This is supposed to be an AOE heal to compete with Grand Healing. All forms still do bonus 30% to caster.
    Base - No longer has a cast time. Heals allies in 10 meter radius for ~3000 base (or approximately 2 ticks of Grand Healing).
    Ritual of Rebirth - Costs/Scales from Stamina etc. If the caster in under 50% Health, the heal is strengthened by 100% (this percentage may need tuning).
    Lingering Ritual - Also leaves a HOT on healed allies that heals for the initial amount over 4-8 seconds. Not sure about the timer for the HOT. Whatever makes it decent but not over-powered.
    THIS should be the primary Templar heal. In essence it is a mana version of Vigor, with a stamina option to allow Stamina Templars to throw out the occasional heal and still benefit from Templar passives. The 50% Health requirement for the Stamina morph should prevent any crazy stacking/exploiting. The 10 meter radius is the same size as Vigor, and is not made worse by a root+cast time.

Some of the above may seem wonky or out of place, but keep in mind I did re-balance almost the entire tree (and class) and these are designed to fit in with that.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    AOECAPS wrote: »
    @FENGRUSH have enjoyed watching you "protect your house" with your stamplar

The video I saw him post, he didn't actually use a 'House' though. His Templar build is basically a nightblade build, with a couple golden moves thrown in for good measure. I'm not mocking him for doing that, its what a lot of us Stamplars do, I'm just saying that maybe people should pay a little more notice to what we're talking about on the issue. We give up mobility, but we don't get much back in return for it as a Stamplar other than Balanced Warrior, low regeneration #'s, and Repentance for when the battle is over. I'm not going to deny Javelin is a useful skill, but it is hardly unique to the class.

I dunno, I think stamplar has plenty of useful tools. The balanced warrior means they can achieve higher weapon damage than a DK. Potentially more than a stam sorc, depending how they set up bars. NB in stealth hits more, but only in stealth.

Repentance obviously. Slotted regen and potentially unlimited healing abd offensive resource. Nobody else has that.

Javelin is getting buffed to 28 metres. Its already a pretty awesome ability.

Jabs. A spammable stamina ability. DKs and stam Sorc would kill for this.

A stam build with a cleanse. No other stam build can do that in their class, and I honestly doubt many at all run purge.

With the next update, a huge boost to our healing. Not unique I know, but it's a big help. I forget the buffs to rune, but that will be helpful too.

I would love movement speed. I really would. It's the one thing I dislike. I run s&h and 2h. Levelled up bow too, so I have that speed option should I need it. Sprint speed increase next patch will soften it a bit i guess. I was playing my stam Sorc a lot in pvp prior to making my stamplar. So maybe that's really highlighted how slow I feel.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @bowmanz607

Thing is, he's saying that currently, bol is good enough to get a group through most. So people will have to adapt. If they want to heal a group in pvp, they will have to do what good healers like yourself do already - do more than smash their forehead on the bol button.
  • Idinuse
    Idinuse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @bowmanz607

Thing is, he's saying that currently, bol is good enough to get a group through most. So people will have to adapt. If they want to heal a group in pvp, they will have to do what good healers like yourself do already - do more than smash their forehead on the bol button.

Your one button mashing BoL mantra is really getting old. Do you have anything at all to contribute to this thread that hasn't already been brainlessly spammed all over this forum?
    Sed ut perspiciatis unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium dolorem que laudantium, totam rem aperiam, eaque ipsa quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem quia voluptas sit aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt. Neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum quia dolor sit amet, consectetur, adipisci velit, sed quia non numquam eius modi tempora incidunt ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum exercitationem ullam corporis suscipit laboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit qui in ea voluptate velit esse quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum qui dolorem eum fugiat quo voluptas nulla pariatur?
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Idinuse wrote: »
    @bowmanz607

Your one button mashing BoL mantra is really getting old. Do you have anything at all to contribute to this thread that hasn't already been brainlessly spammed all over this forum?

People do it though. You are aware of it right? Bad players can do that and keep other people alive. That's a problem.

I just contributed quite a bit about stamplars right about the post you quoted. Scroll through and there will be more, non bol related posts.

I play templar more than anything else. I got a stam and magica v16. I'm just saying exactly how I see it. Currently, bol is a real issue
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Once again list of desires:
    1. Fix Sweeps vs damage shields.
    2. Add visual effects to Sweeps(when you use Radiant Glory it proc "healing" visual); Focused Healing or Rune Focus.
    3. Make Light Weaver to proc for templar, not for teammates.
    4. Revamp Eclipse to self-buff.
    5. Give any ability/passive to flat restore of stamina (even if it will be just Shards pickable by caster).
    6. Give any source of Major Evasion buff (passive proc/skill).
    7. Buff Solar Barrage with any additional effect (like Minor Defile) or make it hit harder for each additional target.
    8. Change Empowering Sweep mitigation to flat 30% mitigation to make it usefull for small-scale.
    9. Buff Restoring Spirit passive.
    10. Revamp Radiant Ward either as Evasion skill or apply CC(root/disorient/snare) upon hit.
    Edited by Cinbri on February 24, 2016 9:40AM
  • Dread_Guy
    Dread_Guy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Cinbri I can't recall if it was in ESO Live or in the notes, but didn't they say that secondary effects can work on shields now? or was that a thing they were thinking about?

also what do you mean about light weaver?
    "My name is Julius Decimus Heraclius, Guildmaster of the Scions of the Sun, Brigadier of the Covenant Army, loyal servant to the High King Emeric. Brother to a betrayed legion, son to a fallen empire. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next." ---Julius Decimus Heraclius (Imperial Templar)
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    @Cinbri I can't recall if it was in ESO Live or in the notes, but didn't they say that secondary effects can work on shields now? or was that a thing they were thinking about?

also what do you mean about light weaver?
    1. Sweeps, Glory, Swallow Soul can't heal upon hitting damage shields, while rest of things can. Also unlike Swallow Soul, templar's Glory and Sweeps can't crit heal.
    Cinbri wrote: »
    Light Weaver - I suggest to revamp ult giving component and make it return ultimates only to caster(not to allies) upon casting Healing Ritual and Rushed Ceremony abilities.

Edited by Cinbri on February 24, 2016 9:46AM
  • Dreddlock-
    Dreddlock-
    ✭✭
    @ZOS_GinaBruno
    Can you tell Eric Worbel to do this for us templars.

1.Apply biting jabs snare on the initial hit.

2.Change Radial Sweep to a physical damage ultimate.

3.And finally make Rune focus fully mobilized.

Give Templar a true CC so we can stand our ground or escape.

I saw the latest ESO live stream and realize that he plans on addressing stamina class as a whole on update 9.... Dark brotherhood, but that's a long ways away. If he and his team could at least accomplish steps 1 and 2 before Thieves Guild drops, templar will remain competitive. The other two can be implemented next patch.

Let's talk templar escape/ mobility. I get it, we are ment to stand our ground. To do this properly Templar NEED a group CC again. Nothing to powerful. Just one that finally addresses Templars weakness.

If Templars can't escape then we should make it that our enemies can't pursue us! A ranged Root would accomplish this. Here's a idea Eric Worbel can use free of charge...

Sun Spot: envelope your enemy in searing light causing a Dot.
    morph1: sun spot (s) now decreases Dot damage and roots multiple enemies in place.
    morph2: solar polarity caster envelopes self in light for 4 seconds melee attackers are knocked back and stunned for 2 seconds.

PS. If you can't fully fix Toppling Charge it's ok, we understand. Just remove it completely and create a new Templar gap closer.
  • Itoq
    Itoq
    ✭✭✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote:
    Bad players can do that and keep other people alive. That's a problem.

Bad players can do all sorts of things to keep other people alive... or to kill others. And if it isn't spamming one button it is a two or three hit combo which isn't a whole lot more difficult than one button.

In any case, I could see a more limited Y axis reach for BOL, but the skill is hardly a powerhouse compared to many many skills in this game.

Edited by Itoq on February 24, 2016 11:08AM
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Itoq wrote: »
    Brrrofski wrote:
    Bad players can do that and keep other people alive. That's a problem.

Bad players can do all sorts of things to keep other people alive... or to kill others. And if it isn't spamming one button it is a two or three hit combo which isn't a whole lot more difficult than one button.

In any case, I could see a more limited Y axis reach for BOL, but the skill is hardly a powerhouse compared to many many skills in this game.

But they aren't giving random people around them 7k heals out of nowhere.
  • Chelos
    Chelos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    But they aren't giving random people around them 7k heals out of nowhere.

Just like DKs aren't giving someone a damage shield out of nowhere...
    There's others but I'm too lazy.
    So, no point.
    Healing is like that in the game, targeting is not an option.
    • Ich bin nicht merkwürdig ich bin eine limitierte Auflage!
    • I'm not weird I'm limited edition!
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    People just have to stop being so stupid in dungeons.
    If that's impossible, just join a guild or find a good group and stick with them for pledges.
    Learn how you all play and things get easy.
    You show the typical stance of many PvP only players
    with no real interest and respect for PvE and casual players.

PUGs for dungeons and their players are not "stupid" per se. PUGs just mostly consist of more casual players, players who do not spend their life on forums, build centers and guilds like you do because ESO is your life.

In PUGs you meet casual players with limited gear, limited skill, limited knowledge and limited teamplay/communication capabilities. And you know what? That is perfectly normal. Your advice to "stop being stupid" playing with casuals appears pretty arrogant and derogatory to me.

Casual players make the bread and butter of sales.
    No gaming company can live from only pro players like you.
    This is where currently ZOS is committing a big mistake.

Running with my guild, I hardly use BOL, because it is too expensive and I don't need it.
    However, I feel obliged to also run in PUGs to
    - help casual players with difficult dungeons
    - help casual players to find guilds
    - help my own skills because healing PUGs is a real challenge
    (where running with a good team instead mostly is simple mode...)

For healing PUGs, having a FULL BOL IS A MUST.
    The most difficult dungeons (ICP, WGT) are already impossible to heal in PUGs, because no healing can compensate the shortcomings. However, most other dungeons are doable and fun in PUGs. Without full BOL, more dungeons will become impossible for PUGs, and this will cripple PvE.

Yes, PvP suffers a bit from too much BOL. However, is PvP crippled? NO
    PvE will suffer much more from what ZOS does now. Will PvE be crippled for PUGs? YES
    There is no sense in crippling one part of the game to gain only little in another.

Edited by BalticBlues on February 24, 2016 12:19PM
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Major Evasion
    • Major Brutality
    • Major Sorcery
    • Minor Maim
    • Major Breach
    • Major Fracture

Maybe they will give a 30sec buff to DKs that have all of these buffs for the entire group, so we would only have to find a DK.
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    People just have to stop being so stupid in dungeons.
    If that's impossible, just join a guild or find a good group and stick with them for pledges.
    Learn how you all play and things get easy.
    You show the typical stance of many PvP only players
    with no real interest and respect for PvE and casual players.

PUGs for dungeons and their players are not "stupid" per se. PUGs just mostly consist of more casual players, players who do not spend their life on forums, build centers and guilds like you do because ESO is your life.

In PUGs you meet casual players with limited gear, limited skill, limited knowledge and limited teamplay/communication capabilites. And you know what? That is perfectly normal and ol. Your advice to stop being "stupid" playing with casual people appears pretty arrogant and derogatory to me.

Casual players make the bread and butter of sales.
    No gaming company can live from only pro players like you.
    This is were currently ZOS is commiting a big mistake.

Running with my guild, I hardly use BOL, because it is too expensive and I don't need it.
    However, I feel obliged to also run in PUGs to
    - help casual players with difficult dungeons
    - help casual players to find guilds
    - help my own skills because healing PUGs is a real challenge
    (running with a good team instead is simple mode)

For healing PUGs, having a FULL BOL IS A MUST.
    The most difficult dungeons (ICP, WGT) are already impossible to heal in PUGs, because no healing can compensate the shortcomings. However, most other dungeons are doable and fun in PUGs. Without full BOL, more dungeons will become impossible for PUGs, and this will cripple PvE.

Yes, PvP suffers a bit from too much BOL. However, is PvP crippled? NO.
    PvE will suffer much more from what ZOS does now. Will PvE be crippled for PUGs? YES.
    There is no sense in crippling one part of the game to gain only little in another.

Love how you assume I'm a pvp only player.

Spent more time in pve than pvp. Have undaunted 9 on a dps and tank, 6 on my healer, 4 om another dps. Ran multiple trials too. All undaunted sets in ideal or next best trait.

But please, tell me what type if player I am abs how I don't understand the pve side of the fence.

The problem you have is that pugs usually means bad players. So if bol was keeping pugs alive, it further highlights how much of a crutch skill it is. Dps can't stay out of red? Bol. Tank has terrible spec? Bol. Bol isn't the issue, the player level is.
    Edited by Brrrofski on February 24, 2016 12:19PM
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    • Major Evasion
    • Major Brutality
    • Major Sorcery
    • Minor Maim
    • Major Breach
    • Major Fracture

Major Evasion - Passive activation through activating an ability in the line or meeting a conditional. Added onto Enduring Rays and activates every time a Dawn's Wrath ability is cast. Added onto Burning Light and activates with damage proc or activates on casting an Aedric Spear ability. Added onto Light Weaver and has the same duration and condition as Focused Healing (stand in Cleansing Ritual, Rune Focus or Rite of Passage and persists for 4 seconds after leaving/expiring). Major Brutality - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Current active buff moved to Restoring Spirit and weakened (10% to all Recovery and 4% cost reduction to all abilities). Major Sorcery - @Solariken 's suggestion of replacing Radiant Aura's active buff. Could replace Restoring Aura's active buff, making it a part of the base ability. Minor Maim - Added to Solar Barrage. Added to Piercing Javelin. Solar Barrage is underused compared to Dark Flare and used to be beneficial to tanking (old debuff was effectively granting Empower to party), makes Solar Barrage useful for tanking again and equally viable to Dark Flare in PvP (offensive vs defensive morph). Piercing Javelin is lackluster for the cost (cost inefficient), Minor Maim may make it cost efficient. Major Breach - Upgrade Power of the Light's Minor Breach. Added to Piercing Javelin. May make either ability more usable. Power of the Light is lackluster in most situations. Piercing Javelin is cost inefficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor." Major Fracture - Upgrade Power of the Light's Minor Fracture. Added to Piercing Javelin. May make either ability more usable. Power of the Light is lackluster in most situations. Piercing Javelin is cost inefficient. Name is similar to "Pierce Armor."

Power of the Light is the only skill in game providing minor breach and minor fracture, wich is awesome for stamina templar, you can have major fracture and major breach from pierce armor and stack two effects, if u modify power of the light as u said it becomes useless and u'll nerf templars even more. U can have major brutality from flying blade or rally so don't worry about that.

You make a good point about the Minor Breach and Minor Fracture. However Major Brutality should be in class abilities otherwise it requires Stamina builds to always run Dual Wield or Two Handed as one of their two weapons. Major Brutality in class opens up the weapon combinations of One Handed & Shield and Bow, One Handed & Shield and Destruction Staff, One Handed & Shield and Restoration Staff, One Handed & Shield and One Handed & Shield, Bow and Bow, Bow and Destruction Staff and Bow and Restoration Staff. Combinations of Destruction Staff and Restoration Staff could be added but it is unlikely there are enough useful non-class Stamina abilities to qualify such setups as Stamina based.

I will edit my original post in accordance to your first point.
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.