Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How to build a Templar House

akio1.jpg
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Replace light weaver with a passive that steals HP/Stam/Magic from opponents within your house! MY HOUSE! GET OUT!
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AfkNinja wrote: »
    Replace light weaver with a passive that steals HP/Stam/Magic from opponents within your house! MY HOUSE! GET OUT!
    You could make it like that curse in vet Banished Cells that they modified for DSA, only instead of increasing damage the longer it's applied the penalty is increasing drain.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 19, 2016 6:20PM
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel I have figured out how we can incorporate a speed buff IN OUR HOUSE! MY HOUSE! GET OUT !

It would be much quicker spreading our seed that way !

46477355-stick-figure-in-action--stickman-on-a-surfboard-icon-he-has-fun-stick-man-vector-drawing-with-white-.jpg?ver=6
    Edited by Khaos_Bane on February 19, 2016 6:21PM
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Khaos_Bane wrote: »
    @Wrobel I have figured how we can incorporate a speed buff IN OUR HOUSE! MY HOUSE! GET OUT !

46477355-stick-figure-in-action--stickman-on-a-surfboard-icon-he-has-fun-stick-man-vector-drawing-with-white-.jpg?ver=6

Can I surf around on a beam of light dealing out divine justice????!!!! PLEASE?
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Wrobel I have figured how we can incorporate a speed buff IN OUR HOUSE! MY HOUSE! GET OUT !

No.
    Experienced, new, returner? Help keep ESO's community strong ᕙ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ᕗ -- share what you love about the game, offer constructive feedback, and make friends.ʕ·ᴥ·ʔ

Who are you in Tamriel (whether it's just your character's attitude & style or a full backstory)? - Share your Character's Story! ◔ ⌣ ◔
    (And let us know 🔷What Kind of Roleplayer You Are🔷 - even if that only extends to choosing your race)

Support Mudcrab Mode for ESO (\/)!_!(\/) - part joke, part serious, all glorious! You butter be ready for this
    Options
  • Khaos_Bane
    Khaos_Bane
    ✭✭✭✭✭

As long as it's in a 4m radius !

Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You could make it like that curse in vet Banished Cells that they modified for DSA, only instead of increasing damage the longer it's applied the penalty is increasing drain.

The more I think about it the more I love this idea. Even if they don't give us the resources being drained it's a perfect idea for adverse enemy effects from confronting a divine warrior/mage while surrounded by his grace/light. Over time the enemy should become "demoralized" from the blinding light effects and feel drained for attempting burglary in our house.
    Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I love to rush into enemy swarm while spamming Purifying Ritual, makes me feel like small version of DK, sadly this feeling will gone after fix. :'(
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

The more I think about it the more I love this idea. Even if they don't give us the resources being drained it's a perfect idea for adverse enemy effects from confronting a divine warrior/mage while surrounded by his grace/light. Over time the enemy should become "demoralized" from the blinding light effects and feel drained for attempting burglary in our house.

Chastening Light (or perhaps Divine Sanction): Enemies within the area of effect of Cleansing Ritual or Rune focus are drained of 1%/2% of their total magicka and stamina every two seconds. The effect intensifies to once per second after 8 seconds and twice per second after 16 seconds.

The problem here, though, is:

1. Multiple Templars could stack this, so it would have to be only one Templar effect per target.
    2. The original effect plus the check on who gets credit for the drain would add more calculations for the server.

I mean, I like what I suggested, too. But it might have to be simplified if it were ever implemented (which, of course, it won't be).

You could make it easier like this:

Chastening Light (or perhaps Divine Sanction): Enemies within the area of effect of Cleansing Ritual or Rune focus have their magicka, health, and stamina regeneration decreased by 15/30%.

In this version, it doesn't matter how many circles stack, and while you aren't actually *draining* or *stealing* resources, the enemy is losing them all the same from impaired recovery.
    Edited by tinythinker on February 19, 2016 7:07PM

Options
  • Sallington
    Sallington
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We're all in agreement that the Balanced Warrior passive should give 3%/6% spell damage as well as weapon damage, right?
    Daggerfall Covenant
    Sallington - Templar - Stormproof - Prefect II
    Cobham - Sorcerer - Stormproof - First Sergeant II
    Shallington - NightBlade - Lieutenant |
    Balmorah - Templar - Sergeant ||
    Options
  • puffy99
    puffy99
    ✭✭✭
    At what point are we going to realize they just don't care?
    Options
  • Joy_Division
    Joy_Division
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

Holy crackers...this is just...disappointing.

To be fair, that was about a change made to Nightblades that is part of the upcoming update currently being tested on the PTS. The devs did boost Empowering Sweep (an ability affected by this update), buffed Restoring Focus (an ability affected by this update), addressed the change to Breath of Life (an ability affected by this update), fixed a visual bug with Healing Ritual (an ability affected by this update), fixed a health desync issue with Eclipse (an ability affected by this update), etc.

That is what they are emphasizing, rather than additional suggestions beyond the scope of their current plans of the Thieve's Guild DLC. Back on Feb 4th 2016 Joy Division got a reply about the undocumented change to Puncturing Sweeps, which fits the pattern. They seem to be avoiding anything not part of the current changes intended for this next update.

I don't disagree with you regarding that is what ZoS is up to and their intentions.

In fact, it's probably right: they are only addressing.fixing stuff that they have put out on the PTS and don't intended on doing anything new, no matter how problematic, until the next update.

It may be efficient. It may be practical regarding their resources/capacity.

It still sucks.

And it's still, to me anyway, unacceptable.

OK, they are just addressing stuff currently being test in this update. We got to wait (and wait) for most of the stuff we are complaining about. However:
    • The 5% nerf - and that's what it is - to puncturing sweep heal is unnecessary and intimates to me that ZoS believes templars need nothing more to defend their house. I disagree.
    • The healing ritual spell was adjusted and adjusted in a manner that does not address the fundamental problem with the ability identified by its own combat lead designer. That was done this update and thus on the table for feedback and further change. I don't give a hoot about a visual bug. I want a class heal that does the job - something they deemed a priority and an objective to justify breath of life spam. This is an utter fail.
    • OK, restoring Focus was buffed. Who uses that morph? I guess a few templars do ... but don't most of us use Channeled Focus because we have no resource management? And don't they intend on nerfing that skill so as to make us put the Rune down every 8 seconds if we dare move out of our house? I dont see how rune focus is a net gain. I'd rather have what's on Live.
    • Eclipse. Again this was something ZoS gave us for this update. They made an already marginal and flawed skill worse. OK, I get it ZoS. It's really hard to balance this right without making it OP. Trust me here ZoS, as someone who has used this skill probably more than anyone on the NA server, it's BAD. It's like when your wife starts to paint your Man-cave pink and hangs up New Age pictures of flowers on the wall. You just tell her to STOP. Take them down. It was better before. And by before I mean July 2015.
    • NB cloak was addressed for this update. NBs said ZoS went overboard. ZoS agreed, heeded feedback, and readjusted.
    • Templar key defenses was addressed for this update. Breath of life, sun shield, purifying ritual, eclipse. We said ZoS went overboard eroding much of our class identity and ability to stand our ground fighting. ZoS said "templars have a house." The end.
    • What is the point of feedback? Really? How many times and ways do we have to say Healing Ritual's cast time sucks, Radiant Aura should not be redundant with potions, and eclipse is inadequate? The inaction and passivity on ZoS part and unwillingness to acknowledge the feedback on stuff for this update is a slap in the face and there is no sugar-coating that. It is what it is.

ZoS, I know you have a certain vision of what the default difficulty in this game ought to be:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOSzX09QX-g

Yes, I can defend my "house" against such. Even manage to properly place down my purifying ritual before I do my puncturing sweep routine.

But some of us aspire for something a little more ... interesting.

Edited by Joy_Division on February 19, 2016 7:36PM
    Options
  • TheM0rganism
    TheM0rganism
    ✭✭✭
    In this version, it doesn't matter how many circles stack, and while you aren't actually *draining* or *stealing* resources, the enemy is losing them all the same from impaired recovery.

The most potent of all abilities is to simply Templar-fy the other three classes...

kek
    PS4 DC Stamina Templar Tank/DPS...because I ALWAYS play on hard mode
    #2233 - Never Forget
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

To be fair, that was about a change made to Nightblades that is part of the upcoming update currently being tested on the PTS. The devs did boost Empowering Sweep (an ability affected by this update), buffed Restoring Focus (an ability affected by this update), addressed the change to Breath of Life (an ability affected by this update), fixed a visual bug with Healing Ritual (an ability affected by this update), fixed a health desync issue with Eclipse (an ability affected by this update), etc.

That is what they are emphasizing, rather than additional suggestions beyond the scope of their current plans of the Thieve's Guild DLC. Back on Feb 4th 2016 Joy Division got a reply about the undocumented change to Puncturing Sweeps, which fits the pattern. They seem to be avoiding anything not part of the current changes intended for this next update.

I don't disagree with you regarding that is what ZoS is up to and their intentions.

In fact, it's probably right: they are only addressing.fixing stuff that they have put out on the PTS and don't intended on doing anything new, no matter how problematic, until the next update.

It may be efficient. It may be practical regarding their resources/capacity.

It still sucks.
    Perhaps, yet, it means players posting things in the feedback threads for the classes asking for this or that other change or two or twenty (all of the class feedback threads have these requests) shouldn't get their hopes up or expect to get a response, at least not any time soon.

Options
  • Cinbri
    Cinbri
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I still asking to change Empowering Sweep mitigation mechanic to Major Protection buff, coz with current mechanic it used for 100% only when templar will be dead in next couple seconds anyway.
    Options
  • nagarjunna
    nagarjunna
    ✭✭✭✭
    puffy99 wrote: »

Not the point! They asked for feedback...

We are giving them feedback as requested. It may not be what they want but they are getting it anyway! If we try then when they do something we don't like, we can point at our feedback and say:"Told you so!"

Keep the feedback coming!
    Edited by nagarjunna on February 19, 2016 7:42PM
    @nagarjunna- PC / NA / AD / DC
    Zazarakel - Max CP Magicka Templar
    Tartys - Max CP Stamina Nightblade
    Temelechus - Max CP Magicka Sorcerer
    Assaku - Max CP Stamina DragonKnight
    Truthforge - Sub 50 Stamina Templar
    Yang Wudi Sub 50 Stamina Sorceror [DC]
    Shou Chung Sub 50 Magicka DragonKnight
    Chen Tuan Sun 50 Magicka Nightblade
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    nagarjunna wrote: »
    puffy99 wrote: »

Not the point! They asked for feedback...

We are giving them feedback as requested. It may not be what they want but they are getting it anyway! If we try then when they do something we don't like, we can point at our feedback and say:"Told you so!"

Keep the feedback coming!

We see how well that went with our suggestion that 0% Stamina Regeneration Blocking was a bad idea. I think most of us as tanks could have lived with a lower Stam Regeneration after blocking, afterall other forms of mitigation like dodge roll and the like took a hit. The problem was that this change harmfully effected what use to be very viable builds. I personally believe they should have found a way to set Stamina Regeneration while blocking to 0% in light/medium with no Shield. While wearing heavy and sword and shield they should have found a way to maintain some regeneration while blocking, whether that be 50% or 80% I don't know. This change was radical and we all knew it. For those tanks who were able to play with a greater stamina focus, this killed it.

The same can be said of my concerns with the removal of diminishing returns in this game. Many of us suggested this was a bad idea, particularly coupled with the way the Cp system was being implemented. Honestly the game system is like a 180 degree turn from what it was at the outset. Many of us also didn't like the notion of damage scaling off of attributes, or the nerfing of the health multiplier.

Unfortunately, being able to say 'Told you so' doesn't seem to be cutting it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • SemiD4rkness
    SemiD4rkness
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    52 pages, 0 changes. Good job Zos.
    If nothing changes before TG goes live I say goodbye to ESO for good. Not waiting for half a year to get 1% stronger blazing shield. With the money I save from TG and DB I can buy BDO ggwp Zos.
    Options
  • tinythinker
    tinythinker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If nothing changes before TG goes live I say goodbye to ESO for good. Not waiting for half a year to get 1% stronger blazing shield. With the money I save from TG and DB I can buy BDO ggwp Zos.

How is that looking by the way? I know the character creator is wildly popular but I keep hearing it's an insane grindfest.

Options
  • Minno
    Minno
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How is that looking by the way? I know the character creator is wildly popular but I keep hearing it's an insane grindfest.

I keep hearing grind fest too.
    Though I've read reviews that said cash shop was similar to ESO (largely cosmetic with items that aren't better than ones you can grind for.)

Combat system also different.

Genders locked to classes. (Negative for those associated with humanistic ideologies.)

King Richard and Lefty Lucy both streaming BDO too. Worth to watch them play.
    Edited by Minno on February 19, 2016 8:26PM
    Minno - DC - Forum-plar Extraordinaire
    - Guild-lead for MV
    - Filthy Casual
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

While I agree that that is exactly as it appears ... when you have angry people in your community you communicate your intentions rather then let them get more and more disgusted with your company.

Excuse me there's a hair in my food. Can you get me another.

No response ...

I'm sorry but I'm not going to eat food with hair in it. Could you please get me some more food.

No response ...

OK. I'm just trying to get food with out hair in it.

No response ...

WTF?

New food ... more hair, less food.

Sir. there hair in this food. Perhaps theirs and issue with hair nets. Could I get food ... with out the hair. Hold they hair./giggles. Sir?

... fast forward a few months later.

THIS IS JUST A PLATE OF HAIR FOR CHIRST SAKE! HAVE YOU HEARD A SINGLE WORD I'VE SPOKEN?!!?? ARE YOU ALL STUPID? THAT GUY AND THAT GUY HAVE BEEN IN HERE A BUNCH OF TIMES AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY HAIR IN THERE FOOD. THIS GUY SAYS HE WANTED MORE SPICES AND YOU MADE HIM A NEW PLATE. I JUST DON'T WANT ANY HAIR IN MY FOOD. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK.

No response ...

ANSWER ME YOU MOTHER*******. ***HOLE, ****-LICKING ****-BAG, INBREED, CHEEZE ******* .........

I certainly don't expect ZOS to fix everything right now, as there's MUCH that needs fixed in this class and around the game, but considering we've broken 40 pages (MULTIPLE TIMES) with very similar views they should answer to say ...

"We're sorry we missed the mark and will be happy to review the class further once TG goes live. There are some amazing suggestions in this thread and while we might not be able to make those exact things happen we'll make our best effort towards bring the spirit of your suggestions to light. Please keep up the great responses and we'll try to get the hair out of the next plate we serve you."

That would be the professional thing to do. It would also have kept the thread from needing the ONE response we got from the moderators asking us to be respectful. You can't respectfully ignore people. Its inherently disrespectful.

They couldn't even address the class by name on ESO Live. If they said "Templar seem unhappy and we're going to need to step up our game with the next update and we'll be sure to reach out to the Templar community as soon as we get TG out from in front of us."

It really doesn't take much.
    Options
  • Inarre
    Inarre
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think dps templars are fine with the changes as they see a lot of wins and can work around a lot of the negativity of living in a tiny house through other options, but as a healing templar i am feeling the changes negatively. Any class that stands still is dead meat, pve or pvp, and that includes templar. I cant count how many times ive casted an emergency rememberance in pve and gotten killed as a result of standing still and having a red circle pop up under me mid cast. Yes, even damage reduction and crazy heals doesnt stop a grounded templar from dying. The thing is, in PVE you can get to know a dungeon or a boss and learn when not to cast channeled skills and where to move. In PVP you don't have that option.

When i first started playing templar we had glitchy skills and we lacked mobility, but it wasnt so clear to me that we were growing towards the goal of standing still.... Now that we got that out of the way im retiring my templar to master crafter and pve only status.

I applaud zos' vigor to follow their dreams but their dreams just dont match mine or the state of the game. When all threats are mobile and dynamic you have to have damn good defenses if youre going to stand like a rock and weather the storm.... And we just dont have that.

Id be happy to revive my templar if we get adequate defenses, no matter what that looks like, but a healer (who will be focused) standing still with no shields, tiny buffs, and no CC immunity.... And now other classes can heal the same or better.... There's sadly no reason to run a templar healer.

Edit: I'm sorry if you wanted feedback on the specific changes, but I can only give you an overall impression unless you want an even LONGER post. Besides, many others have stated the futility of most of the edits.
    Edited by Inarre on February 19, 2016 9:18PM
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lefty Lucy's evil twin also streams. That would be Righty Tighty
    Options
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Essiaga wrote: »
    ARE YOU KIDDING ME?!?!

While I agree that that is exactly as it appears ... when you have angry people in your community you communicate your intentions rather then let them get more and more disgusted with your company.

Excuse me there's a hair in my food. Can you get me another.

No response ...

I'm sorry but I'm not going to eat food with hair in it. Could you please get me some more food.

No response ...

OK. I'm just trying to get food with out hair in it.

No response ...

WTF?

New food ... more hair, less food.

Sir. there hair in this food. Perhaps theirs and issue with hair nets. Could I get food ... with out the hair. Hold they hair./giggles. Sir?

... fast forward a few months later.

THIS IS JUST A PLATE OF HAIR FOR CHIRST SAKE! HAVE YOU HEARD A SINGLE WORD I'VE SPOKEN?!!?? ARE YOU ALL STUPID? THAT GUY AND THAT GUY HAVE BEEN IN HERE A BUNCH OF TIMES AND THEY DON'T HAVE ANY HAIR IN THERE FOOD. THIS GUY SAYS HE WANTED MORE SPICES AND YOU MADE HIM A NEW PLATE. I JUST DON'T WANT ANY HAIR IN MY FOOD. IS THAT TO MUCH TO ASK.

No response ...

ANSWER ME YOU MOTHER*******. ***HOLE, ****-LICKING ****-BAG, INBREED, CHEEZE ******* .........

I certainly don't expect ZOS to fix everything right now, as there's MUCH that needs fixed in this class and around the game, but considering we've broken 40 pages (MULTIPLE TIMES) with very similar views they should answer to say ...

"We're sorry we missed the mark and will be happy to review the class further once TG goes live. There are some amazing suggestions in this thread and while we might not be able to make those exact things happen we'll make our best effort towards bring the spirit of your suggestions to light. Please keep up the great responses and we'll try to get the hair out of the next plate we serve you."

That would be the professional thing to do. It would also have kept the thread from needing the ONE response we got from the moderators asking us to be respectful. You can't respectfully ignore people. Its inherently disrespectful.

They couldn't even address the class by name on ESO Live. If they said "Templar seem unhappy and we're going to need to step up our game with the next update and we'll be sure to reach out to the Templar community as soon as we get TG out from in front of us."

It really doesn't take much.

This is why I think they're afraid to comment in here. They KNOW they've raised the ire of the community by ignoring us, but at this point its a self fulfilling prophecy and its dysfunctional to keep it going this way. At a certain point someone needs to come in here and eat a little bit of it.
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
    Options
  • SeptimusDova
    SeptimusDova
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They know. But they are prolly gambling on us buying this.
    Options
  • Solariken
    Solariken
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    We said ZoS went overboard eroding much of our class identity and ability to stand our ground fighting. ZoS said "templars have a house." The end.

@Joy_Division, that's the most succinct and accurate account of the history of Templars I've ever seen.
    Options
  • AfkNinja
    AfkNinja
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Chastening Light (or perhaps Divine Sanction): Enemies within the area of effect of Cleansing Ritual or Rune focus have their magicka, health, and stamina regeneration decreased by 15/30%.

A unique buff!!! This would be amazing.... They will give it to Sorc next patch. /sad

Edit: Bring enemies down to our lvl of no resource regen....
    Edited by AfkNinja on February 19, 2016 9:17PM
    Options
  • Ffastyl
    Ffastyl
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Solariken wrote: »
    Restoring Aura
    While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Regeneration by 10%. Activate to share your blessings with nearby group members, granting Major Fortitude, Major Endurance, and Major Intellect (+20% to all regen) for 15 seconds.

Radiant Aura
    While slotted, you gain Minor Fortitude, Minor Endurance, and Minor Intellect, increasing Health, Stamina, and Magicka Regeneration by 10%. Activate to become filled with righteous wrath, granting Major Sorcery (+20% spell damage) and Major Brutality (+20% weapon damage) for X seconds.

Repentance remains unchanged.

This suggestion gives three really great options for the skill that the Templar can choose from depending on his/her style of play. This also gives in-class alternatives to Entropy and Momentum, which opens up many more build options. You know how much we players love our build options!

Repentance is the widely used morph of Restoring Aura because of the large restore to Health and Stamina it can potentially provide. I have always prefered the Radiant Aura morph.

Repentance can deliver a large instantaneous recovery but it is dependent upon the number and density of corpses, making it largely a post battle heal. For swiftly dispatched waves of enemies, something relatively common in PvE, Repentance can deliver its large restore frequently. For longer encounters, boss battles or duels, even small scale or large scale PvP, there is a lack of corpses that makes Repentance dead weight if not for the passive +10% for slotting. This is why I choose Radiant Aura, which is not dependent on the number of bodies lying nearby. Radiant Aura can deliver a consistent 20% to recovery that is not dependent on anything but your remaining Magicka.

And as an avid user of Radiant Aura, I agree with @Solariken 's change to Major Sorcery and Major Brutality. So long as there is better recovery granted in our passives. It can be 15% or 10% so long as it stacks with the additional slot bonus 10% of Restoring Aura. At present I require Radiant Aura and Willow's Path (x5) to have comfortable recovery rates in platemail. As a Dragonknight or Nightblade, I only need x3 at the most to cover the shortcomings of plate. So the recovery lost in changing Radiant Aura needs to be made up for somewhere else. I do like the idea of moving it down to Restoring Aura, but it is still lost once the skill is morphed, forcing a choice between necessary recovery and necessary damage, both categories Templar lacks in.

Restoring Spirit makes thematically the most sense, but Enduring Rays and Master Ritualist are also candidates for the passive recovery buff. "Enduring" in Enduring Rays can be associated statistically with heightened recovery (Endurance Set) or resilience to damage; Master Ritualist is undoubtedly a nice passive but if no one's dying (the ideal case), this passive is lackluster.
    Edited by Ffastyl on February 19, 2016 9:43PM
    "A person is smart. People are dumb, panicky, dangerous animals and you know it."

PC NA
    Daggerfall Covenant

Ffastyl - Level 50 Templar
    Arturus Amitis - Level 50 Nightblade
    Sulac the Wanderer - Level 50 Dragonknight
    Arcturus Leland - Level 50 Sorcerer
    Azrog rus-Oliphet - Level 50 Templar
    Tienc - Level 50 Warden
    Aldmeri Dominion
    Ashen Willow Knight - Level 50 Templar
    Champion Rank 938

Check out:
    Old vs New Intro Cinematics

"My strength is that I have no weaknesses. My weakness is that I have no strengths."
    Member since May 4th, 2014.
    Options
  • Essiaga
    Essiaga
    ✭✭✭✭

Chastening Light (or perhaps Divine Sanction): Enemies within the area of effect of Cleansing Ritual or Rune focus are drained of 1%/2% of their total magicka and stamina every two seconds. The effect intensifies to once per second after 8 seconds and twice per second after 16 seconds.

The problem here, though, is:

1. Multiple Templars could stack this, so it would have to be only one Templar effect per target.
    2. The original effect plus the check on who gets credit for the drain would add more calculations for the server.

I mean, I like what I suggested, too. But it might have to be simplified if it were ever implemented (which, of course, it won't be).

You could make it easier like this:

Give us and AOE root or stare and i'm cool with that.

Thing that makes DK the real Stand You Ground class (aside from there obvious mitigation gear skills) is that they have AOE (Houses) that hurt and are somewhat hard to get out of. Ash Cloud (snares )with Talon (roots,) etc. They bring hurt.
    Options